shape
carat
color
clarity

Hidden Netflix Gem Thread

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a good distraction from all the heaviness that is life right now.

that was exactly my thought - I'm going to start tonight while hubby is at work (because he WILL HATE THAT SHOW) :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that was exactly my thought - I'm going to start tonight while hubby is at work (because he WILL HATE THAT SHOW) :lol:

Greg didn’t hate it. He found it mildly entertaining. I enjoy watching with him because I love commenting on the ridiculous behavior and also the real estate. Haha. But you know your dh and probably better enjoyed without him. LMK what you think if you watch it. Hope you find it entertaining.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are watching Wynona Earp Missy and it's entertaining, in the 'Buffy' genre, fighting demons but has a funny vein, also we are watching Norsemen because one of John's friends liked it, I find it mildly entertaining but John loves it. xo

It’s a good distraction from all the heaviness that is life right now.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bumping this thread to add The Social Dilemma\ on Netflix. It’s an eye-opening documentary about social media, google and our smart phones in general. :oops2:

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Bumping this thread to add The Social Dilemma\ on Netflix. It’s an eye-opening documentary about social media, google and our smart phones in general. :oops2:

Agreed, we watched it last week and it made for some uncomfortable/thought provoking watching. Particularly at the end when each interviewee was asked "Do you let your kids access social media?"

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed, we watched it last week and it made for some uncomfortable/thought provoking watching. Particularly at the end when each interviewee was asked "Do you let your kids access social media?"

Yes!!! I mean...I guess this just confirmed what we all knew. How did FB know to offer up for sale that purse I looked at in Kate Spade?
It is quite scary to be honest. Especially how it affects and reinforces our politics!!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Yes!!! I mean...I guess this just confirmed what we all knew. How did FB know to offer up for sale that purse I looked at in Kate Spade?
It is quite scary to be honest. Especially how it affects and reinforces our politics!!

It was the bit about measuring how long we looked at photos for - not entirely sure how true that is, but it did make me question whether or not I wanted every photo automatically uploaded to Google (eh, naw.)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just finished watching “The Haunting of Bly Manor”.
Loved it!❤️

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just watched The Octopus Teacher and loved it.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SPOILER BLY MANOR

@missy I didn't see any of the "ghosts" that were hidden in almost every single scene of that show. I was shocked.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SPOILER BLY MANOR

@missy I didn't see any of the "ghosts" that were hidden in almost every single scene of that show. I was shocked.

I know, cool right?

In case anyone might have missed some and is interested I am including the following link.

WARNING:SPOILER
Don't click onto this link unless you have already watched The Haunting of Bly Manor

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to repeat this is such a worthwhile series IMO. So good. Heartbreaking too. Loved it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'm getting into Korean dramas again. Start Up is very interesting, but long.

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
“The Social Dilemma” on Netflix blew my mind.

I’m glad I saw it before Nov. 3rd.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey - just reviving this thread. Saw some awesome/escapist series...

1. The Queen's Gambit
2. The Home Edit (someone else above saw it)
3. Dream Home Makeover

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey - just reviving this thread. Saw some awesome/escapist series...

1. The Queen's Gambit
2. The Home Edit (someone else above saw it)
3. Dream Home Makeover

Loved The Queen's Gambit. We just watched the entire series in like 2 or 3 nights. So good.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Have been watching the Queen's Gambit over the last two weeks. Love the clothes!! Will see the final episode tonight.

cheers--Sharon

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started watching Barbarian and I really like it. I’ll have to watch the Queen’s Gambit next.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Queen’s Gambit was outstanding!
Also: COBRA KAI!!!!!!!!! I resisted for several weeks, then decided to give it a go. Wow, I absolutely loved it. At times a little cheesy but I cannot wait for the 3rd season which comes out in early January. It’s so so so good!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Da 5 Bloods should come with a trigger warning, btw. It’s a Spike Lee film and has a great cast but the violence was too much for me and I had to stop halfway through. I’m also working on a slide show for my dad of pics from his Vietnam brothers and all their reunions so it was even harder to watch because that’s all fresh in my mind. My dad is 80 now and never ever would talk about those days; he did like 3 tours...but now he’s really opening up. I hate war.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Da 5 Bloods should come with a trigger warning, btw. It’s a Spike Lee film and has a great cast but the violence was too much for me and I had to stop halfway through. I’m also working on a slide show for my dad of pics from his Vietnam brothers and all their reunions so it was even harder to watch because that’s all fresh in my mind. My dad is 80 now and never ever would talk about those days; he did like 3 tours...but now he’s really opening up. I hate war.
WOW. That is rough, for you and your Dad. The courage it must take to talk about it, and listen. I don’t think I could do it. Vietnam, for me, left an indelible memory. I was too young to understand it when it was happening, but impact it had on those young men, transitioning from the idyllic early 60s to the disillusionment of the 70s, was tragic.
I’m still trying to drum up the courage to watch Da 5 Bloods.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I highly recommend The Social Dilemma just for self-awareness. While I knew much of it conceptually, it is strong and effective in showing how social media is driving the polarity/division see today to a degree and in ways most don't even begin to realize.

A small social group of my co-workers pick a Netflix movie to watch each week. Admittedly, they are much more into watching shows than I am under normal circumstances (I call it my "homework" lol) The most recent ones were:

The Octopus Teacher (mentioned by others): I loved it as did others. A must see for nature lovers.

Enola Holmes - I enjoyed it while some loved it. Fast paced and interesting story line.

Hubie Halloween - ugh...I had to turn it off after 30 minutes.

Over the Moon - I thought it was good even if the story line and songs seemed more familiar than anything you will remember the movie for years later. I loved the visuals and characters which were reminiscent of Pixar movies. An added plus was the many references to Asian culture.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We started watching "His House" on Netflix last night. So far so good. I am hoping it gets very scary as the reviews promise. :errrr:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Have been watching the Queen's Gambit over the last two weeks. Love the clothes!! Will see the final episode tonight.

cheers--Sharon

Me too. The style was impeccable.:kiss2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I loved The Queen's Gambit, binge watched last week. I don't love the ending, though. It emphasized the "here and now" without consideration of what will happen after that point, and it made me uneasy because I got the impression she might defect to the USSR where she will have a more comfortable life playing chess, which uncannily undid the trajectory of that arc of triumphing over herself as well as Borgov.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We started watching "His House" on Netflix last night. So far so good. I am hoping it gets very scary as the reviews promise. :errrr:

I thought this was outstanding and also thoight provoking

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ive been watching a ton of Aussie stuff
I enjoy the Colloquial and quirky

Top end wedding was really nice about a big city lawyer who takes her fiancee home to marry him in front of her family to find her mum has left dad
A little predictable but very enjoyable Screenshot_20210118-191907.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results