shape
carat
color
clarity

Hidden Netflix Gem Thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are looking for good movies here are some movies on Netflix (I might have already recommended some of these) worth seeing if you missed them the first time around.

"Panic Room"

"Moonlight"

"Artificial Intelligence"

"Snowpiercer"

"Short Term 12"

"Roma"

"Velvet Buzzsaw"

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just binged on all three seasons of Stranger Things... so nerdy... so 80's... SO GOOD!!!

...and a little scary too. Loved the soundtrack!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just binged on all three seasons of Stranger Things... so nerdy... so 80's... SO GOOD!!!

...and a little scary too. Loved the soundtrack!!
Ikr!!! The soundtrack takes you back!!!8)

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imposters
Season 1 and season 2 available.
Funny show about con artists.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've just finished "The sinner" s2. It was really good, I might have even liked it better than the first season.
Also watched "Mindhunter" s2 and it was good. I really liked learning more about the main characters and getting into their story, not just the killers.
Would recommend both!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've just finished "The sinner" s2. It was really good, I might have even liked it better than the first season.
Also watched "Mindhunter" s2 and it was good. I really liked learning more about the main characters and getting into their story, not just the killers.
Would recommend both!
I binged watched the first season of Mindhunter yesterday and am on to season 2. It is a well done show that portrays how this kind of violence affects the people who have to deal with it on a daily basis, right down to the reactions of the small town law enforcement to such crimes.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I binged watched the first season of Mindhunter yesterday and am on to season 2. It is a well done show that portrays how this kind of violence affects the people who have to deal with it on a daily basis, right down to the reactions of the small town law enforcement to such crimes.
So interesting! S2 I found really interesting. I think I may re-watch the finale as I wasn't paying as much attention and think I missed some things.

Funny side note, I've been watching "glee" as my background noise/on-all-the-time-show, and Holden is Jessie St James from Glee haha. So I then went down the rabbit hole of looking up all his songs. He's a good singer!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Suite Francaise is surprisingly good for a most unlikely love story.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So interesting! S2 I found really interesting. I think I may re-watch the finale as I wasn't paying as much attention and think I missed some things.

Funny side note, I've been watching "glee" as my background noise/on-all-the-time-show, and Holden is Jessie St James from Glee haha. So I then went down the rabbit hole of looking up all his songs. He's a good singer!
I have never watched Glee but I like Holden so maybe I will have to check it out.

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@missy we watched Diagnosis, too. I found it super interesting in three aspects: the actual medical side of things with the diagnoses and treatments, the patient/family responses to some of the recommendations, and the commentary on the U S medical system. A good watch for anyone who is into medical mysteries.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy we watched Diagnosis, too. I found it super interesting in three aspects: the actual medical side of things with the diagnoses and treatments, the patient/family responses to some of the recommendations, and the commentary on the U S medical system. A good watch for anyone who is into medical mysteries.

I agree. It's an excellent show. I also enjoy "Mystery Diagnosis" on Discovery Health. I don't know if it is in production anymore as I watch it on TIVO and they are all older episodes. So probably not around anymore which is too bad.

"Chasing the Cure" with Ann Curry is a new medical mystery show and I think it is awful. I had high hopes for it but I do not enjoy the format and don't recommend it.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
October is going to be an amazing month for netflix!!!
A few recent watches:
"The spy" - Sacha Baron Cohen is such a good actor, I love seeing his more serious stuff.
"The i-land" Ok, fair warning, this got 0% on rotten tomatoes. The acting is horrible. But I still really liked it lol.
"Unbelievable" THIS WAS SOOO GOOD! I love some badass women cops. (trigger warning for rape)
"Disenchantment" S2. My husband loves this show.
"The walking dead" S9 - I actually watched S8 and S9. S9 was ok, too many loose ends.
"The dark tower" based on a stephen king trilogy. This was painfully bad.
"Glitch S3" I just started this. I wish they'd done a recap of the first 2 seasons because I honestly forgot what happened haha. I'm going to have to go do some summary reading before I start again.
"Life in pieces" This is just a cute lighthearted show. Really enjoy.

Things coming up that I'm excited for (everything is october except good place)
"The Good place" S3 COMES OUT TODAY!!!
"The laundromat" with meryl streep
"In the tall grass" Stephen king novela
"Schitts creek" S5!
"Riverdale" S4
"El camino" breaking bad movie (I think its based on jesse)
"insatiable" S2

BRB - see you in november ;-)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Inside the mind of Bill Gates" is an excellent documentary that just came out on Netflix. My 8yo stayed way past his bedtime watching about sewage treatment and management. The level of brainpower addressing sanitation issues is impressive and he was just so engrossed in the storyline. Looking forward to next part.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost done "Glitch", I was so happy there was suddenly a 3rd season. I watched all 5 seasons of "Jane the Virgin" recently and absolutely loved it. I know it was on tv, but I thought the premise sounded dumb and I never watched it. Huge mistake! :P2

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jack Whitehall: Travels with my father.

Absolutely hilarious if you like deadpan stuff :lol:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Figured I'd bump this thread!

What I've been watching:
Greys anatomy - 15 seasons makes for GREAT binge watching!
Glow - Actually SO GOOD. It's the "gorgeous ladies of wrestling" but the acting is great and the stories are captivating.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The end of the F*****ing world. Season 2. Loved it.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Final Space s2 just came out and my husband finished it in 1 day! I can't wait to watch it.
I've also started Peaky Blinders (yes I know I'm late!) and really enjoying it so far.

Coming up for December, I'm looking forward to:
-The confession killer
-Glow up
-SHAMELESS S9!!!!!
-Don't F*** with cats: hunting an internet killer
-The Witcher (hubs is a huge fan)
-You s2!! I'm interested to see where this goes, because I don't believe it's from the book (or perhaps I missed it)

And in continuation of my now annual shitty xmas movies marathon:
-A Christmas prince: the royal baby
-A Cinderella story: A Christmas wish

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just had to share this.
Just finished The Two Popes. Anthony Hopkins and Jonathan Pryce. Sooooo good! I’m not Catholic but I enjoyed every second. Acting is superb and lovely sets and just so meaningful. I’d recommend to anyone.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just had to share this.
Just finished The Two Popes. Anthony Hopkins and Jonathan Pryce. Sooooo good! I’m not Catholic but I enjoyed every second. Acting is superb and lovely sets and just so meaningful. I’d recommend to anyone.

Watched this last night! LOVED IT! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just had to share this.

i just came here to post this !
it was indeed surpurb and im not cathloic either
it even made me warm up just a little to Pope Benedict XV1 (hope i got the Roman numerals right)

most enjoyable and highly recommended

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Marriage Story"
LOVED it.

A Noah Baumbach production. About a marriage as it dies. It is so good. Excellent story and powerful performances by the 2 leading actors. My dh and I both enjoyed it very much. Highly recommend.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just had to share this.

Watched this last night! LOVED IT! :wavey:

i just came here to post this !
it was indeed surpurb and im not cathloic either
it even made me warm up just a little to Pope Benedict XV1 (hope i got the Roman numerals right)

most enjoyable and highly recommended

Yes we enjoyed this one very much too. Netlfix has some excellent movies.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watched and recommend "Family Man".

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results