shape
carat
color
clarity

Here is my ering!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I finally figured out how to use the macro on my camera. The button was hidden. However I don''t know how to get a hand shot. All those are just a blob a sparkle. I guess my lighting is wrong, but I don''t know how to fix it. Most of you have read posts about my ering drama and most recently the probs with the setting. Hmph. I''m still not 100% happy with the setting. Well with the prong work or whatever as my diamond doesn''t look square all the time. That''s in another thread. In the meantime here are some pics. .728 ACA diamond from WF. Simple cathedral setting from a local B&M store.

IMG_6384.JPG

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_6386.JPG

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Tweety thinks it is pretty cool!

IMG_6387.JPG

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
It seems a flower shot is expected.

IMG_6390A.JPG

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
One more for good measure.

IMG_6391.JPG

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I suck at taking pictures of small things. This is the best shot of just the ring that I could get. I need to practice.

IMG_6395.JPG

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
That is a very pretty ring. Could you take a side shot so we can see the cathedral setting?

~Kat

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
This is a beautiful ring. It looks pretty square to me from the pictures. It looks so white! congratulations.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I''m obsessed with hand shots because this is when it looks crooked to me.

IMG_6400J.JPG

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!! How could I forget the side shot! Especially after they mounted the thing in the wrong head the first time. Wow was that ugly. Added another step to the ering drama. This is technically ering #3 with head #2. Though the first 2 rings were the same "ring" just different sizes of diamonds and from a different store. Then I fessed up to the FI that I really wanted a solitaire. Discovered WF. Was too nervous to get everything from them. Had the store mount the diamond and they did it in the wrong head. Which was WAY more crooked than this one was. Then had a private jeweler try to fix the crookedness in the final head. And I still don''t feel it''s straight. Whew! So here is the side shot. :)

IMG_6402.JPG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely! Congratulations!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Love the tweety shot!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wow, hoofbeats, that diamond we picked out together is really stunning! I'm glad you went with the ACA. The setting is really nice and classic. Been waiting for some pics; now we have the eye candy!
2.gif

I can see what I think is a slight rotation of the head with respect to the shank. That may be what's making it look not so square. Actually, when I look at this picture, it appears to me that the diamond is almost straight on, but the prongs/head are rotated with respect to the diamond, if that makes any sense. It's quite subtle, but you and I both seem to have a bit of a perfectionist streak, and I think it would bother me too (I actually also have a very slight prong issue that I'm going to fix by sending the ring back to WF shortly before my wedding; also going to have it polished so it looks nice for the big day). Anyway, I don't think you'll be 100% happy with the ring until it's fixed, so I would probably ask the jeweler to try again. Or you could eat the cash you paid for the current setting and see if WF will put on one of their heads (or get one of their stock settings). They do great bench work and are very good with princesses since they sell a lot of ACAs. Good luck!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! Congratulations to you both!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2008 9:54:41 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Wow, hoofbeats, that diamond we picked out together is really stunning! I''m glad you went with the ACA. The setting is really nice and classic. Been waiting for some pics; now we have the eye candy!
2.gif

I can see what I think is a slight rotation of the head with respect to the shank. That may be what''s making it look not so square. Actually, when I look at this picture, it appears to me that the diamond is almost straight on, but the prongs/head are rotated with respect to the diamond, if that makes any sense. It''s quite subtle, but you and I both seem to have a bit of a perfectionist streak, and I think it would bother me too (I actually also have a very slight prong issue that I''m going to fix by sending the ring back to WF shortly before my wedding; also going to have it polished so it looks nice for the big day). Anyway, I don''t think you''ll be 100% happy with the ring until it''s fixed, so I would probably ask the jeweler to try again. Or you could eat the cash you paid for the current setting and see if WF will put on one of their heads (or get one of their stock settings). They do great bench work and are very good with princesses since they sell a lot of ACAs. Good luck!

Thanks jstar! I was hoping you would see the thread. I love the stone! It''s wonderful! The private jeweler swears the head on is on the shank straight. I don''t know. . . I really don''t know what to do. I honestly think that my FI will KILL me if I do anything that results in spending more money. This has been quite the drama as you know and also more expense than he initially planned. I did think about sending it to WF to see if they could fix it. But . . . again. . . how do I know it will come back correctly? I assume a head wouldn''t cost too much - as opposed to a whole new setting. But. . . I don''t know. I wonder if I can get one of the jewelers there to look at the pics and see what he thinks. I am honestly so tired of messing with this that for now I just want to try to forget about what I see. But yes I''m a perfectionist. And the little bit of non-square that I see is killing me! I will say that I couldn''t capture a picture that really shows what my eyes see. It''s much more obvious in real life. Any clue what overnight shipping to TX with insurance is? :)

I really don''t know what I will do. Nothing before xmas for sure and prob not new year''s either. I just need to figure out how to make that stone sparkle to show the fam on xmas eve. (I have another thread on that topic!)

Jstar - thanks so much for helping me pick out this diamond!!! I LOVE it! I forgot to acknowledge your help above - but I do owe it to you for pointing me to this stone. I knew when I saw how close the ASET was to yours that I wanted it. :)

Merry Christmas!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s lovely. Congratulations.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!!
36.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
It might just be twisted a bit? Either way, the stone is amazing and it looks great on your hand! Congrats!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty and great pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement and on a lovely ring! Those are some fun shots, LOL!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement hoofbeats! Your ring is gorgeous! Nice and sparkly!

~SL.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! Congratulations!!
30.gif
36.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!! Nice pics too!!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Jstar - I asked Whiteflash if they would replace the head. But they won''t. I could get a whole new setting from them, but not just a head. Quite honestly I''m pretty disappointed in the response from them.
7.gif

sparklestick

Shiny_Rock
I really like your ring. I can see what you mean about the wonky head. It would probably bother me too but I doubt anyone else would ever notice. Have you tried it with a wedding band to see if that accentuates it?

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! Congratulations!

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
OOOOH!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

That PRINCESSS!!!! drool, drool, drool!!!!!!!! Such a firecracker!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results