shape
carat
color
clarity

Here is my ering!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, congrats!

Savvymon

Shiny_Rock
It looks stunning on your hand! What a beauty!

30.gif

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh!!! I love your stone!! It's G-E-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!

Okay, I have to confess I haven't read EVERY single response in this thread, so I'm sorry if I repeat what someone else has already said, but I'm thinking the square-not square issue has to do with the prongs..as I think you mentioned. What I'm thinking is the prongs are just too bulky. Is there any way they could do claw prongs on this? I don't know enough about this kind of stuff to know if you can do that or not with a square cut or just a round/oval/etc. Um..but looking at MY OWN ring and just looking at the perimeter of the center stone, I can see how it would look sort of like a bow-tie (for lack of a better way of describing it), but mine doesn't show up that way because my center stone is a different color from the prongs. Know what I mean? I'm just wondering if your ring would look AS unsquare with yellow gold prongs? Not that I'm telling you to change it! I'm just curious. However, from one of your shots that was really fuzzy (where you couldn't see a distinction between stone/prongs), the ring still looked bow-tied and I think, again, it's because the prongs are just jutting out TOO FAR from the stone! Does that make sense??

I'm going to try to find a really up-close photo of my prongs to see if it looks any different from yours? it may take me a bit cause I may have to take some pics....(oh darn. LOL)

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Okay, here goes. Not sure if it's going to help you...but I hope it does.

prongs%201.jpg

prongs%202.jpg

prongs%203.jpg

prongs%204.jpg
(do you see how mine looks like it's bowing a little there? Just by nature of the prongs sticking out beyond the stone? And, actually, MY prongs look more bulky than yours. Yours are very flush with the stone. All I can think (with what little knowledge I have) is that a bezel would be the only thing that wouldn't have the prongs project past the stone? But maybe this is more noticeable with your stone, or just something others haven't thought about with theirs, that you're more susceptible to??)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty:) Congratulations!

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I know I've probably already posted enough on this, but I took another look at ALL of your pictures to TRY to see the rotation of the stone that you're talking about and I have to say I don't see ANYTHING....EXCEPT...

Jstar said that it looks straight 'head on' in one of the pics..and that was a pic where the band was EXACTLY horizontal! In ALL of the other pics where it's on your hand, the ring slopes downward a bit, toward your pinky. You mentioned that the exact same side seems to slant downward no matter which way you put your ring on, and I'm thinking THAT is why. The ring must be JUST loose enough that it's sitting against where your ring finger and palm meet on the side of where your middle finger is, but that it's loose enough that it still slides down slightly toward where your palm and finger meet on the pinky side of things. Do you see what I'm saying?? And, I'm looking at my ring, and I'm realizing that it slants ever-so-slightly toward my pinky, but for the most part, the band is small enough that it doesn't tilt...because it is the correct size. (Does that make sense AT ALL? LOL) I think if the ring were a little larger, it'd slip downward a little more than it does...in which case it wouldn't be completely horizontal. Does that make sense?? I'm thinking THAT might the clue to your perception of it being off a little, because honestly, think about it..there's NO WAY the ring can slant "to the left" (or to the right) BOTH ways! It would slant one way when you wear the ring on one side, but would slant the opposite way when you turned it around and put it on the other way, ya know??
9.gif

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
I''m posting a picture with a square (so you know it''s a perfectly even line) starting at the top right corner of your band, and you''ll see that the band doesn''t stay even with that line...but slants downward to the right...

square ring tilt.jpg

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
and see how this one APPEARS straighter because, actually, the band is sitting straighter AND it's actually tilting a bit to the RIGHT, instead of the left.

square%20ring%20tilt2.jpg

And PS: Look at BOTH pictures, and notice where the band is in relation to the last little 'knuckle crease' on your pinky. (Sorry, don't know what else to call it. LOL!) In the first picture, it's sitting almost dead even with it, in the second picture, it's WAY below it!!

knuckle%20pic.jpg
knuckle%20pic2.jpg

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/22/2008 8:51:21 PM
Author: hoofbeats95
OMG!! How could I forget the side shot! Especially after they mounted the thing in the wrong head the first time. Wow was that ugly. Added another step to the ering drama. This is technically ering #3 with head #2. Though the first 2 rings were the same ''ring'' just different sizes of diamonds and from a different store. Then I fessed up to the FI that I really wanted a solitaire. Discovered WF. Was too nervous to get everything from them. Had the store mount the diamond and they did it in the wrong head. Which was WAY more crooked than this one was. Then had a private jeweler try to fix the crookedness in the final head. And I still don''t feel it''s straight. Whew! So here is the side shot. :)

IMG_6402.JPG
And if it was really tilting, wouldn''t we see more of the prongs on the top left (when viewing it this way), and less of the top right prongs? It wouldn''t look so EVEN if it really was tilted.

Okay, I''m done!! I just hope it helps...because I can imagine how awful you must feel thinking it''s STILL not perfect.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results