shape
carat
color
clarity

Here I go again. A new home for my EC!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh, I don''t know what to say except THANK YOU for all of your wonderful compliments!! I''m so sorry that I disappeared for the weekend...family stuff, ya know? It was so nice to come back to everybody''s replys. I must thank each one of you for being so kind (you all made me blush!). So thank you to valeria, dancing fire, jadaleaves, firegoddess, jetmal, mara, small, snook, qtiekiki, sandiegolady, boom, flingle, just looking, madam bijoux, widget!!, kristydarling, lorelei, miumi, hlmr, kittycatsmac, blingdiva, rainbowtrout, isaku, jcrow, pearcrazy, suzyqz, fd21bride, movie zombie, berkley, shay37, moon river, moremoremore, lizz, mrsdarlinjoy, morticia, ries, diadiva, xchick03, aphisiglovessae, sevensone,blodthecat, and ann!!!!!!!

Now for some answers....

firegoddess...justlooking is right. It was in a Cartier setting with a baguette on each side. It was kinda plain so I wasn''t necessarily thrilled with the setting, just the EC. I did keep the Cartier mounting.

jetmal....forget a pinch, I''ll need a good "punch" after this! Just so you know, I still don''t have the shrinkage syndrome yet!!!!
2.gif

qtiekiki...I thought the pool in the background came out pretty cool in the picture too. I''ll have to take more like that! I was almost impressed with my improved picture taking skills.
36.gif

madam bijoux....When I first got it, I was already thinking about resetting it and I was definately having qualms about losing the Cartier name but widget and I got passed it.
11.gif

widget, widget, widget....I can''t believe you kept the truth to yourself!!!!! I wanted honest opinions when I got this EC. You are too much! But I''m glad you like it now. Are you sure? Or are you putting me on again?!?!?
28.gif
And thanks for posting the ''before'' picture!!

bling diva....more pictures coming up!

rainbowtrout...It''s no secret. My DH is in the aircraft industry. And thank goodness for airplanes!!!!!!

dancingfire, isaku, mara pearcrazy, diadiva, ann.....I wish I could take the hand shots of everything but there have been people working in my yard all day so I can''t take everything out there until they''re gone. Hopefully tomorrow!

pearcrazy....Actually, it was three weeks for each piece. I just hadn''t posted the radiant right away. When I picked up the radiant, I dropped off the EC. It just looked like I got them within a week or so. My hubby has been so wonderful about resetting these stones and even pushed me to begin the next project. He tried to do it again when I picked up the EC but I was like "WHOA!" I need a little breather in between. He''s been so fabulous about my diamond craze. He says that he understands my obsession now that he has an obsession with watches. He can completely ''get'' why I sit on my computer looking at and talking diamonds and jewelry all the time. He''s always been great to me but he finally gets it!!!!! I''m so greatful to watches!!
31.gif
Forbes list?! HA HA! I WISH!!

lizz....I agree with you about the proportion to the centerstone. That''s why I thought about resetting it soon after I got it. The baguettes seemed so small. It just took me this long to figure out what to do with it.

kristydarling...LOL! You are too funny. Where do you live? I would love to have a girlfriend in the same city that shares my obsession!

I''m sorry this is so long but I thought this was the best way to answer everyone without having to quote each one of you. It makes it so long!!!

I''m attaching pictures that I took over the weekend with paired with the asscher eternity band.

newecwithband1.jpg

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
As you can see, it is a little much together so I will have to get a smaller eternity ring to wear with it. I know I could wear it alone and I will but I happen to be someone that likes wearing two rings. I''m looking the same eternity band with .10 point diamonds. This one has .31 point diamonds. Whatcha think?

newecwithband.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have an asscher eternity band too?? Ok I am fainting. I had no idea. Wow. Now listen very carefully, when you get the smaller band please send me the asscher band. I will take very good care of it, hahahaha.
31.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
THAT''s right...Cartier. I knew it was a well known name...

I have to say, it looks so wonderful in the new setting - truly stunning!!! Definitely an improvement over the original setting! Love the pictures, keep ''em coming!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 5:47:54 PM
Author: kaleigh
You have an asscher eternity band too?? Ok I am fainting. I had no idea. Wow. Now listen very carefully, when you get the smaller band please send me the asscher band. I will take very good care of it, hahahaha.
31.gif
lol

Yeah- I think I missed the asscher band. Wow- that''s stunning.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
kaleigh...my hubby didn''t say I had to give this one up!!!!!!! But for you? Anything!

Thanks firegoddess! I promise as soon as there are no more ''work men'' in my yard I will get back out there with the camera. I just can''t take good pictures inside my house.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a picture of the other ''set''. Big difference, huh?

asscherrings2.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 6:04:03 PM
Author: didiamond
Here is a picture of the other ''set''. Big difference, huh?

big? i think you mean HUGE!!!
23.gif

it''s so perfect though! it just goes together so well. and honestly, i don''t think i''d go down in size for the wedding band. i think this works!

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
jcrow...now you sound like my DH!!!!! When I look at it it''s like OMG! I can''t wear that on an every day basis!! Nope, I''m sorry I''m going to have to tone it down. I''ll keep that look for Vegas baby!
9.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
LOL....when I opened my mailbox and saw all the new posts on this thread, I just KNEW Didiamond was baaaaack!!!
36.gif

OK, Diane....I now know for sure that alzheimers has set in. I have NO recollection of your having an asscher eternity band....none at all! And I thought your collection was permanently etched in my covetous brain!

That asscher band is to die for (I WANT IT) but I agree it's a little too much to go with the EC.

Regarding getting a smaller band: what about having one made with "Square Step Cut" stones? I think it's an older style cut, but they must still be around. I think they'd look PERFECT with your EC and those fabulous step cut traps!
18.gif
Sometimes smaller asschers look sort of 'busy' and more 'princess-ish'. Just a thought..

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about:

stc324.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Didiamond, I have your jewels permanently etched in my brain as well, and I KNOW I have not seen the asscher band before. Emerald-cut bands (two of them), yes. Asscher bands, no. I''m starting to think you may be HIDING jewelry from us. God forbid that is actually happening.
38.gif
We love your jewelry, please don''t hesitate to share it. We LOVE LOVE LOVE it! One of the things that keeps me going in life is seeing another new bauble of yours. That is how much I look forward to it.

I have your ring''s younger daughter, a 1.58 ct. square emerald with .66 traps. It''s a mini-Di. And I am so GLAD you posted your band with it because it has made me see that now I need to get a prong-set asscher band to go with mine. I had been wearing a plain platinum band with it, but this weekend took it to the jeweler and got my e-ring steam cleaned. It is SO clean and sparkly that I just couldn''t bear to put that plain band with it any longer. I just wanted to showcase the stone. Now I see that my ring would actually go well with an asscher band. Thanks to YOU!

(Those of you who have recommended an ultrasonic cleaner are right! After seeing my ring all clean, I feel like I literally have a whole new ring.)

Diachi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/17/2006 9:19:25 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
It''s not often that I feel cursing is appropriate for a piece of jewelry, but in this case, it is!

OMG that ring is #%^&*&^ GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahahaha!!! That is EXACTLY what I said when I saw your ring DiDi!!! #%^&*&^ GORGEOUS!!!
11.gif
12.gif
11.gif

I can''t wait to see pictures of your whole collection
30.gif
. I hope my ring grows up to be just like your ring(s) someday
2.gif

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Oh my... you''re ring is amazing. Incredible.

Your EC is one of the most beautiful I have seen!!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD !!!! I MUST HAVE MORE PICS OF THAT GORG. RING!!!!
emcry.gif
emcry.gif
emotion-5.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~The rings together are FABULOUS!!!!!! Thanks for the pics!!
2.gif

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Wow, haven''t been around for awhile...gee, this will teach me...I have missed alot.

Di, what a beautiful collection, I am green with envy. Wear them all in good health and thanks for sharing those beauties!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Di....don''t you just love it when you get unsolicitied advice? The good thing about it is that it can be completely ignored without offense!
9.gif

Regarding a smaller band: I remembered this band that Hetty was considering for a while. I don''t like the extra metal in the channel setting, but I do love the square stepcut stones.

I think small stones like this (with fewer facets than asschers) would better match your big EC, and maybe even throw out bigger flash and less glitter.

If I had photo shop skills, I''d love to see stones like this next to your ring to get a better idea...

Val? Irina? are you out there?
2.gif

widget

87uy band.JPG

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
widget...when the stones are that small, will it make that much of a difference? And they aren''t royal asschers so wouldn''t that make them square emerald cuts? hehehe
2.gif

Here is a closeup picture of my eternity ring so you can see the individual stones. If I get the smaller one it will be made by the same company.

Also, to those of you that missed this band I believe I posted it in a Christmas gift thread from 2004.

Thank you so much Lizz! I''m going to have to do a search of your ring. I can''t wait to see it!

Also, a big thank you to diachi, kittencat, kittycatsmac, bling diva, and beaudrybabe!

closeupeternity.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 4:09:08 PM
widget...when the stones are that small, will it make that much of a difference? And they aren''t royal asschers so wouldn''t that make them square emerald cuts? hehehe
2.gif

Here is a closeup picture of my eternity ring so you can see the individual stones. If I get the smaller one it will be made by the same company.

Also, to those of you that missed this band I believe I posted it in a Christmas gift thread from 2004.

Thank you so much Lizz! I''m going to have to do a search of your ring. I can''t wait to see it!

Also, a big thank you to diachi, kittencat, kittycatsmac, bling diva, and beaudrybabe!

this band is just stunning Didiamond. The prong work is so delicate and well done.
All you see is brilliant stones- no metal getting in the way. BravO!
36.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks sevens! That's what I absolutely love about it!

How does this band look with it just for fun?

baguetteband.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
that''s a great look too.
Do you have a shot of it with your emerald cut eternity band?

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
So Di, what DOES your hubby do to afford a million bucks worth of diamonds?? Where do you get them? Who does your custom work? I''d love to know if your jeweler has a website.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the first one better with it but the second one is very nice too. Oh I am in heaven here with all these fabulous pics.
30.gif
30.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must confess, I love seeing the big guy by himself.
3.gif
21.gif

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE this ring. Its my ideal anniversary ring!

Your ring is absolutely stunning with this setting and has SO MUCH BLING. I liked the old setting with it as well.

I personally prefer the 1st wedding band better with this ring.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 5:33:13 PM
As you can see, it is a little much together so I will have to get a smaller eternity ring to wear with it. I know I could wear it alone and I will but I happen to be someone that likes wearing two rings. I''m looking the same eternity band with .10 point diamonds. This one has .31 point diamonds. Whatcha think?

There''s no such thing as "too much"! This new setting is beyond words incredible, and deserves to be paired with that equally stunning band! Just look at your photo again. It''s PERFECT!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
If you don''t love it as much as I do I''d be MORE than willing to wear your set. Well, I would be if only I had more real estate on my finger!
39.gif
Who am I kidding? I''ll wear it on my thumb if I have to!
31.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 4:29:43 PM
Author: pearcrazy
So Di, what DOES your hubby do to afford a million bucks worth of diamonds?? Where do you get them? Who does your custom work? I''d love to know if your jeweler has a website.
dang woman! you don''t ask much
2.gif
31.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry Sevens, but inquiring minds wanna know!!
2.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
sevens...I did what you asked and OMG! I wasn''t going to even attempt that when I thought the asscher band was too much. It covered my whole dang finger!!!!! I don''t think I''ll ever do that again.

pearcrazy...LOL I''ve been back and forth with these things for the last 20 years. I thank goodness every day for my husband. For the last 15 years we''ve been with the same jeweler who I think is awesome. The custom work is new for us though and I have to say that I love it! You know what, I don''t even know if he has a website. That''s a very good question.

Thanks kaleigh. I do too. I was just playing around with that other band.

Madam...For now I do too! But I still think he needs a friend.
2.gif

Thanks kaleidoscopic!

Researcher...Ahh, yeah there is! Check out the picture below!!!!!!!! Never say never!!

asscheremerald.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow- that''s a lot of bling!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results