shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with wedding band.

HyperionGap

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some advice on my fiancee's wedding band since everyone was so helpful when I was originally looking for advice on her engagement ring.

Anyways, I know she wants her band to be worn on the same finger as the engagement ring and she doesn't want a plain platinum band. What would be some examples you would recommend that would go well with her current ring? She has VERY small fingers (size 4.5). Budget would be under $2,000.

fb_img_1448840421061.jpg

The engagement ring was done by Leon Mege and while it was probably a bit pricier than what I could have gotten elsewhere, I had absolutely no problem working with him. However, for the band I'm not sure if I will be in his price range.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the 3mm Etoile from Tiffanys would look amazing with her gorgeous ring and it's in your price range.

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
If she wants pave, and doesn't mind a little bit of a vintage look, you can do bright cut pave. That way there is a rim on the edge of the pave protecting the girdles, and you won't have to worry about rubbing so much. Another option is a bezel set or channel set eternity, but I don't think either of those would look as nice with her ring. Which is gorgeous, by the way!

Alternatively, with other types of pave, she could wear a narrow plain band in between.

I like bands with a similar thickness to the engagement ring shank. What is the width? Leon is out of budget at the 2mm width, but might be closer to budget if she is open to thinner or willing to do a half eternity instead of full eternity.

You might try going to Tiffany and trying on a bunch of bands to see what she likes best. You don't have to buy there - they will be over budget in most styles with diamonds - but they have lots of different styles to try. The legacy band is bright cut.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a three stone ring but the sidestones are round. I love my channel set band with the ring. Smooth edges and polished metal - just like the metal work in the engagement ring.

I second the suggestion to get out and try on some bands - Tiffany's does have nice choices that could be replicated for less money or you might find something she really loves that could stretch the budget a bit!

HyperionGap

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Definitely sounds like we will have to do another trip to Tiffany's, de beers, Harry Winston etc to take a look at all the different styles.

I like the suggestion of the bright cut pave as it sounds as if it offers a bit more protection.

What do ya'll think of a pink stone /W rose gold? I saw this video from leon and I thought the combo looked pretty good.

https://youtu.be/GGBvv1GkeK0

https://leonmege.com/portfolio/custom-work/wedding-bands/wedding-band-pink-diamond-detail

Pink diamonds are out of budget but pink sapphires would be a possibility.

HyperionGap

Rough_Rock
So we went to several different brick and mortar stores today at the mall (Harry Winston, Cartier, De Beers, and Tiffany) and her favorite one was by far this Tiffany Harmony tapered pave band.

http://www.tiffany.com/jewelry/ring...zo3h6CDAF2jwaHtKbltPWmvEq8h8ITlrEQaAlsJ8P8HAQ

It's slightly out of our original budget, but would be doable and doesn't break the bank.

However, I saw a very similar ring from James Allen for basically 1/2 the price.

https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-rings/womens-stackable/platinum-tapered-pave-band-item-55409

Does anyone have any opinions between these two or have experience in quality between the two dealers?

Thanks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Between TIFANNY and JA?

:lol:

There is definitely a quality difference. Go with the Tiffany band. It's a wedding band. A once of a kind purchase and worth the splurge.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd go with Tiffany's.

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
I thought of the harmony band originally, but wasn't sure if she'd like the shape. I think they will be FABULOUS together, and I would definitely go with the Tiffany (and i rarely say that. But the JA really isn't as nice.)

HyperionGap

Rough_Rock
Hah. Well we ordered the JA and if she doesn't like it we will return it and get the Tiffany.

I was under the impression is that the majority of the price for Tiffany is just the name and the box? Is that not true in this case?

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
That JA band looks clunky to me. The harmony has a really nice flow to it. But if you like the JA band in person, great!

I bet David Klass could make you a better version that would also be much cheaper than the harmony, if it's too pricey.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely go with the Tiffany since it is in your price range. Worth the splurge on a band.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, with pave that is not the case. Quality matters and JA has had reports of pave falling out. If that happened with a Tiffany band they would apologize to you till the end of time.

HyperionGap

Rough_Rock
OK great thanks for the info about he JA pave. It sounds like unless she absolutely loves the design better than the Tiffany one we will probably just return it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results