Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

purple-sapphire

Rough_Rock
Premium

Heidi2101

Rough_Rock
Premium
I don't have anything to add about the stone but do want to say I love how passionate and helpful everyone is in this Forum :kiss2:

purple-sapphire

Rough_Rock
Premium
I don't have anything to add about the stone but do want to say I love how passionate and helpful everyone is in this Forum :kiss2:
I totally agree!! I appreciate everyone soo much!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes some of the rarer coloured spinels are that much throw in precision cutting costs, but it depends on the size and colour of the stone.

purple-sapphire

Rough_Rock
Premium
Yes some of the rarer coloured spinels are that much throw in precision cutting costs, but it depends on the size and colour of the stone.
I am guessing this is a rarer color? precision cut?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am not sure if the cut is precision but it looks very nice. Like most gem stones rarity is a factor. Spinels rise in price quite a bit at the 3 carat mark. Spinels can be plagued by grey, which some people refer to as the "grey mask" in spinels. Saturated spinels that are good color, cut and clarity are much less expensive than sapphires, but are not cheap and seem to be getting much harder to find.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes it looks to be precision rather than a wonky native cut and purple spinels without too much grey over a certain size are more difficult to find.

purple-sapphire

Rough_Rock
Premium
eye visible inclusions for that stone, so to me 1700 is too much

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
perfect, but don't see this one available

It was in his gem scoop, but email him and see if its still available. Jeff is very fast to respond and his cutting is amazing!

purple-sapphire

Rough_Rock
Premium
the spinel LisaRN posted is absolutely perfect, I didn't want to pay the price but I would have but it has the inclusion to the naked eye. I am purchasing the Jeff White stone, but still looking at other stones. If anyone sees any (coloring like LisaRN posted) please continue to post that is my dream color. i will post the Jeff White stone when it arrives (thank you violetphoenix) Thank you all for the contributions!!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the spinel LisaRN posted is absolutely perfect, I didn't want to pay the price but I would have but it has the inclusion to the naked eye. I am purchasing the Jeff White stone, but still looking at other stones. If anyone sees any (coloring like LisaRN posted) please continue to post that is my dream color. i will post the Jeff White stone when it arrives (thank you violetphoenix) Thank you all for the contributions!!!!

Did you query the vendor about visible inclusions? I ask because its listed as "eye clean."

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore the color in this GemFix violet-blue sapphire as shown in the video (make sure to adjust the setting so the video is in HD) ... swoon ... unheated with GIA cert ... if you like the video, maybe worth checking out in person?

https://gemfix.com/gems/sapphire-fancy-15-1402

purple-sapphire

Rough_Rock
Premium
Did you query the vendor about visible inclusions? I ask because its listed as "eye clean."
I did, and they updated the listing. they say it has visible inclusions. Although that color is gorgeous and the cut I would be nervous about visible inclusions

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did, and they updated the listing. they say it has visible inclusions. Although that color is gorgeous and the cut I would be nervous about visible inclusions

Absolutely! Good call on your part. I hope that was an unintentional mistake on the part of the vendor.

purple-sapphire

Rough_Rock
Premium
Absolutely! Good call on your part. I hope that was an unintentional mistake on the part of the vendor.
thank you, it truly is my dream color. I love the original stone color and the Jeff white I just purchased, but nothing wrong with a girl having different hues of purple stones :twisted2:

purple-sapphire

Rough_Rock
Premium
9mm round $7k GIA. Thoughts please? 1st pic is outdoor Outdoor Light.jpg

purple-sapphire

Rough_Rock
Premium
Also this stone is unheated per GIA cert

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thats a beautiful color! It seems to go light around the edges, but i'm still new enough that i'm not sure if thats normal or not.

purple-sapphire

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thats a beautiful color! It seems to go light around the edges, but i'm still new enough that i'm not sure if thats normal or not.
Do you feel that stone at 9mm is worth 7k? I just seem to not have the eye. I just look at colors but obviously need to look closer b/c I didn't see that until you pointed it out. Thank you

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results