shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with ASET and GIAXXX specs

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
0FECECD5-159A-4DB3-925E-519F5DF56C99.jpeg F572F0AB-488A-4396-B20B-35D254C4FACA.jpeg RIP my .63, G, VS2 CBI :cry2::cry2::cry2:. I have found another to fill the gaping hole you left in my heart when I lost you. You’ll be missed, but never forgotten.

The video looks great.

I am sorry that you are replacing a lost stone. That stinks. Hopefully the silver lining is that you were properly insured so monetarily you will be in a good spot.

I am curious -- why are you insistent on medium fluor? I'm not opposed to it, but I find it peculiar that you demand it.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
I enjoy Rhino's videos. He's got such enthusiastic charisma.
That diamond sure has a lot if rainbow pin fire with crisp contrast facet patterns.

OP, were you on the lookout for a similar replacement for your lost CBI?
Do you have its proportions?
I'm so sorry that such devastating thing happened to you.

There's a good chance you may notice personality difference between this diamond and your lost CBI, hopefully for the better.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Also, just curious who you talked to that agreed to a specific angle combo. There was another thread awhile back and WF indicated they wouldn't guarantee a specific angle.
I missed this question while visiting my dentist.
There were many older (at least a decade ago) debates here on PS that peaked my interest. I"m sure you can search for it. Many had fiery arguments over how 34/41 is superior over mathematical Tolk proportions by many experts. so that made me want to get a pair for my new earrings. Even Rhino said it was one of the most beautiful combo he had ever laid his eyes on. What can I say, I'm a curious one.

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
Went with the blue fluorescence to mimic Luke’s first light saber. The diamond is the “kyber crystal”. I already have a case (1/6 scale diorama of bespon carbon freezing chamber where Leia professed her love to Han) to store the ring when I’m not wearing it.
You know those iconic lines. Well, I also snatched a 1/6 scale replica of Luke’s lightsaber, 3D printed an insert to hold the ring, added a battery-operated rotating mirror that fits into the base of the diorama, added 95+ cri led strips and UV strips for lighting, and am now waiting for good deals on Hot Toys 1/6 scale Leia and Han figurines. By now, you’ve hopefully realized that my fiancé and I are huge Star Wars fans.

Btw, does 14K good have any magnetic properties?

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Here you go -
"Let me just say this ... Diamonds with superior optical symmetry that have 41.0 pavilion angles are amongst the most beautiful diamonds this experts eye have ever laid eyes on and I have seen virtually every variety of super ideal to be observed.
41.gif
"
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dark-vs-light-arrows.117679/#post-2037864

The old longer thread on 41 pavilion
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/41-degree-pavillion-angle.65301/

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed this question while visiting my dentist.
There were many older (at least a decade ago) debates here on PS that peaked my interest. I"m sure you can search for it. Many had fiery arguments over how 34/41 is superior over mathematical Tolk proportions by many experts. so that made me want to get a pair for my new earrings. Even Rhino said it was one of the most beautiful combo he had ever laid his eyes on. What can I say, I'm a curious one.
So... do you agree that the combo is more spectacular than most?

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
Yes, was looking for replacement to lost CBI. Well, I lost the entire ring, actually. Thankfully, it was insured, but even then there were stipulations on what they’d cover. Still working out those details, but I’m sure Jonathan will do his best to get me into this diamond.

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
ADC89614-FE37-4BA1-96BC-6D89A748517E.jpeg I managed not to lose the original certificate

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
14K good have any magnetic properties

Haha you're so cool! :sun:

Funny you mention this, because I just got rid of whole a lot of golds. Interestingly enough, fake plated ones were very easy to weed out using a magnet, and 14K gold wouldn't really stick to a super strong N5 neodymium magnet. Perhaps this may depend on the metal alloy composition, but none of 14K or 18K would stick to magnets.

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
Haha you're so cool! :sun:

Funny you mention this, because I just got rid of whole a lot of golds. Interestingly enough, fake plated ones were very easy to weed out using a magnet, and 14K gold wouldn't really stick to a super strong N5 neodymium magnet. Perhaps this may depend on the metal alloy composition, but none of 14K or 18K would stick to magnets.

I guess my idea of making the ring float using neodymium diamonds won’t work.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
So... do you agree that the combo is more spectacular than most?

Not necessarily, and since I have 0.71 stone size at 34/41 compared to my much larger super sparkly e-ring stone, it's definitely not a fair comparison. I see the stones sparking differently under different lighting, but it shows larger and brighter in comparison with another stone at the same size 34.5/40.8.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go -
"Let me just say this ... Diamonds with superior optical symmetry that have 41.0 pavilion angles are amongst the most beautiful diamonds this experts eye have ever laid eyes on and I have seen virtually every variety of super ideal to be observed.
41.gif
"
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dark-vs-light-arrows.117679/#post-2037864

The old longer thread on 41 pavilion
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/41-degree-pavillion-angle.65301/

Thanks, I have a homework assignment. :lol:

You can use this illusion cord! I used it to float a 3D printed moon light off my ceiling, and it looks like it's suspended in the air!
https://www.amazon.com/Beadsmith-Il...qid=1547672916&sr=8-4&keywords=invisible+line

Seems like fancy names for fishing line to me. :P2

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Seems like fancy names for fishing line to me
Gosh it's only $5.12 for 50 meters - it's super thin 0.010" and very strong (I can't break it with hands) and holds knots. I had one around because I was into beading Swarovski stones at one point, and it worked out perfect for hanging my very realistic moon. I bet they use something like this during magic shows.

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
Gosh it's only $5.12 for 50 meters - it's super thin 0.010" and very strong (I can't break it with hands) and holds knots. I had one around because I was into beading Swarovski stones at one point, and it worked out perfect for hanging my very realistic moon. I bet they use something like this during magic shows.

Not one into magic, but I’m a girl who enjoys fishing. Probably too thin to catch me a ling or striper. Could be a decent lead line for when I fly fish. Like to experiment.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, it was already on hold. I was more curious since I didn’t realize CBIs will use any rough other than negligible.

Plus, yes... love CBIs, and love fluoro :kiss2:
I was looking at a med blue CBI for DD #2 but another PSer beat me to it, so she ended up with a beautiful BG med blue H&A stone instead.

I hope we get to see more blue fluor. from CBI in the future. :dance:

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
No, it was already on hold. I was more curious since I didn’t realize CBIs will use any rough other than negligible.

Plus, yes... love CBIs, and love fluoro :kiss2:

If you’re interested in it, I’ll reach out to HPD. They may have put it on hold for me when I contacted them first about finding a replacement. Unfortunately, even though price of that CBI is within overall claim amount for entire ring (if went with simpler setting), diamond specs were outside what insurance would cover for cost of equivalent of my lost diamond :cry2:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you’re interested in it, I’ll reach out to HPD. They may have put it on hold for me when I contacted them first about finding a replacement. Unfortunately, even though price of that CBI is within overall claim amount for entire ring (if went with simpler setting), diamond specs were outside what insurance would cover for cost of equivalent of my lost diamond :cry2:
Oh no no, I’m not in the market for a high color CBI. But thank you :geek2:

The thought of losing a stone scares me for this very reason- I’m afraid the insurance company would make it hard.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock

Are you sure you'll never upgrade in the future? CBI has such a great buyback/upgrade policy too important to ignore.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you mean? :confused:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results