shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with ASET and GIAXXX specs

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
She can pay the difference if she chose to?.

Unfortunately, not within our budget to pay more into the e-ring as we have other priorities to consider for our future.

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
Update: going either .7 ct. it may not be a 34.5/40.8 super-ideal, but it checks off all other boxes and videos give me confidence that will be a stunning performer. Also, step up in size, colo, and clarity for a phenomenal price! Now time to re-do setting. Sent Jonathan photos of previous hand-drawings, foam and clay model, as well as CAD renditions. Unfortunately, don’t have CAD files to easily duplicate, so pretty much starting from scratch. At same time, now is best time to address minor structural and aesthetic in design to alleviate/eliminate unwanted pinching and poking.

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
In all honesty, I was kind of depressed when the initial diamond searching and ring creating was complete the first time around, though I was excited about the upcoming surprise proposal (he was so nervous, the ring literally flew out of the box when he opened it; actually, this was his second attempt as I supposedly ruined the first attempt, though I had no clue).

I feel rejuvenated (though slightly stressed) to be back in the hunt.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Update: going either .7 ct. it may not be a 34.5/40.8 super-ideal, but it checks off all other boxes and videos give me confidence that will be a stunning performer. Also, step up in size, colo, and clarity for a phenomenal price! Now time to re-do setting. Sent Jonathan photos of previous hand-drawings, foam and clay model, as well as CAD renditions. Unfortunately, don’t have CAD files to easily duplicate, so pretty much starting from scratch. At same time, now is best time to address minor structural and aesthetic in design to alleviate/eliminate unwanted pinching and poking.

Great! I think the new stone will be a great new kyber crystal for you, with extra rainbow beams!
upload_2019-1-17_13-45-23.jpeg

I'm glad I got to see the video of your stone. I've never seen a precision cut FIC before (despite searching for one along with BIC) and when I saw all those red flashes around 1:42 of the video under the low ambient light, it was quite interesting. None of my diamonds do that! ; )

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
In all honesty, I was kind of depressed when the initial diamond searching and ring creating was complete the first time around, though I was excited about the upcoming surprise proposal (he was so nervous, the ring literally flew out of the box when he opened it; actually, this was his second attempt as I supposedly ruined the first attempt, though I had no clue).

I feel rejuvenated (though slightly stressed) to be back in the hunt.

Oh I completely understand, but do feel better knowing that you have a very rare stone. With your Star Wars story, the stone seems especially perfect for you. :appl:

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
Great! I think the new stone will be a great new kyber crystal for you, with extra rainbow beams!
upload_2019-1-17_13-45-23.jpeg

I'm glad I got to see the video of your stone. I've never seen a precision cut FIC before (despite searching for one along with BIC) and when I saw all those red flashes around 1:42 of the video under the low ambient light, it was quite interesting. None of my diamonds do that! ; )

When the sun hit my TIC while I was driving, it sent a bunch off pinpoint disco colors onto the ceiling of my car. It was mesmerizing and dangerously distracting. Hopefully the FIC will show off it’s unique personality under specific lighting. Gives me something to look forward to and experiment with.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
When the sun hit my TIC while I was driving, it sent a bunch off pinpoint disco colors onto the ceiling of my car. It was mesmerizing and dangerously distracting. Hopefully the FIC will show off it’s unique personality under specific lighting. Gives me something to look forward to and experiment with.

You'll see just as much if not more, except constellations of more colored stars as to white.

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
1CD7B381-C6AF-45AD-801F-2F725C46428F.jpeg 77494A40-555E-41A6-B56D-1FE761D3293C.jpeg E6D8EE80-BBF9-4D55-918B-861CE12DF36D.jpeg 313510A4-B535-4154-87A4-FEEEDA39F172.jpeg Update...Jonathan was kind enough to send me the loose stone while we work out the CAD. I found a local B&M with access to the Sarin machine and they offered to run my stone through free of charge. Other places I called wanted to charge $150+ as part of the appraisal. The scan was completed within minutes. Even though some angles and %s have slightly more deviation than you’d probably see in a “super-ideal”, I think this is still a very nice diamond considering all of the parameters I required. I feel comfortable in the purchase, unless there are noticeable red flags. I’ll try to take hand-shots tomorrow in better lighting.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
I've been waiting for your update! I can't wait to see the photos!!!
Share as much sentiments as you possibly can of your fireball. :love:

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
E3513353-75A0-4E68-92A0-74D332FCCE2D.jpeg 63729362-2531-45B9-8C4E-ADE65BA20D09.jpeg 1375B896-BF3A-4DC0-B498-4A3CC8F7DFC2.jpeg A few morning glamour shots in the shade. My iPhone doesn’t do the diamond justice. Will take more photos as sun moves directly overhead in a few hours. Too afraid to venture beyond front yard with my temp setting. I also need to find a stronger UV light. My 10X magnifier with UV didn’t seem to make the diamond glow as blue as my first one. Hoping it’s the intensity of the light.

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks like quite the performer from these few pics. Looking forward to seeing this diamond in the final setting!

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
The photos are getting better and the stone looks gorgeous!
Though the real strength of an FIC is the fire performance than 2D still photos.
How does the stone compare to your last CBI?

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
So hard to tell difference between this one and my old CBI without a side-by-side comparison. Only one that sticks out in my mind is that the CBI looked almost icy blue (which won my heart), but not quite as clear under direct sunlight. It wasn’t hazy or milky per se; just not “transparent” (due to additional clouds not shown?). The new one definitely puts out more bursts of rainbow/fiery colors and is very translucent as if you can see to the bottom of a clear pool, which I like. I don’t think it’s less bright or less brilliant than the CBI. It sparkles even with little to no light thanks to the decent proportions and optical symmetry. The new diamond definitely reflects surrounding colors very nicely. Have yet to see if it is as discoey when driving. Also need to find stronger UV light to make it fluoresce the medium blue I was seeking.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
It wasn’t hazy or milky per se; just not “transparent” (due to additional clouds not shown?).
Oh yes, that combined with fluoro could cause that issue. I'm surprised the CBI didn't vet that out of the stone, because Brian Gavin Blues are vetted for clouds/fluoro for such translucency issue.

Hopefully people don't mistake your FIC for a moissanite with all the rainbow fire!
I'm very glad to hear you're liking the stone!
:appl:

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
Hopefully people don't mistake your FIC for a moissanite with all the rainbow fire!
I'm very glad to hear you're liking the stone!
:appl:

Won’t bother me. In fact, planning to get a moissy as a daily wear ring since MMDs are not as cheap as I’d like (besides Lightbox) and hard to find super-ideal quality.

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Won’t bother me. In fact, planning to get a moissy as a daily wear ring since MMDs are not as cheap as I’d like (besides Lightbox) and hard to find super-ideal quality.
Haha and keep your diamond “crystal” in your Star Wars exhibit? :lol:
Look into OEC moissanites- it’ll be an amazing substitute fireball

Athena10X

Shiny_Rock
Haha and keep your diamond “crystal” in your Star Wars exhibit? :lol:
Look into OEC moissanites- it’ll be an amazing substitute fireball

Yep, my wish list is pretty long (CBI, WF, BG, 60/60, 34/41, OEC, AVC, new AV oval (maybe non-branded in MMD to afford 1+ ct), Amora Gem, other super-ideal moissanite (AV, Diamelia, etc), sapphire. Keep hearing “If I were a Rich Man” from Fiddler on the Roof in my head.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results