shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Should this Sapphire stay or GO?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Vinyaernil

Rough_Rock
They''re both beautiful!! I like the roval better though, even though the first one had such a pretty color outside. They''re both so light! My sapphire is much darker.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Oooh I like the Michael E stone muuuuuch better! It seems so much more lively. But, if you''re REALLY set on a cushion, then wait it out and get what you truly want.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I like the Michael E better, it has more character to it and tons of sparkle.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone........... It really is firey like a diamond. I took the stone loose to a local pub tonight to see what it would look like in that kind of lighting. It was just gorgeous! I am leaning on keeping it.....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the Micheal E better too. It looks like a very lively stone and I love the color.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
personally i would not re-cut such a lovely stone.. it has the look of a vintage cushion and is stunning. the richard horner re-cuts amp up the sparkle but make the stones look very contemporary. I dont carefor the look myself. I think this stone is beautiful. most sapphires have some zoning and its not terribly noticeable on yours

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will keep the stone the way it is. I know that if Michael E doesn''t recommend recutting it to one of his fabulous cuts..... it is because the cut is too beautiful to mess with. He worrys that the stone would lose the liveliness and too much weight to make it into a cushion. Ovals and rounds will always carry a more brilliant appearance in comparison to cushion/square stones.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Out of curiosity, how much more time do you have with the stone, before you need to make a decision?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I returned the cushion... but Michael knows that I may need a few days or so. He has been very flexible. ON a sidenote: I looked up some threads on the simply sapphires co......... and read some great things....but why can''t I get through to anyone?? I sent 2 emails and left 2 messages. One of each on the 23rd and today. I still have not received a response. I hate to think that I am being impatient and I really am trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they are closed for a few weeks like many jewelers do in the summer time. If that is the case, then I would think they would have note of it on there home page. If anyone has suggestions as to how to get hold of someone, please let me know. Because I don''t want to take advantage of Michael E and hold onto this sapphire for too long, I would really like to hear back from Simply Sapphires!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I finally heard back from John from Simply sapphires. He seems to be a busy man! I am glad I was patient/ persistant as I think I should set out for what my hearts desire is. A deeper colored stone that is a cushion cut. Of course I had to bite the bullet and spend a little more money........ But if I am going to do this 20th Anniversary project.... I AM GOING TO DO IT RIGHT! I am sure some of you ladies know what I am talking about. YOu get excited about something...but there is something in the back of your head that tells you to be patient.............. The right one will come along.

I think a 3rd time is a charm. It is 2.78cts 8.8mmx 6.4 x 5.5mm VVs gorgeous colored blue with a beautiful cut. Heated No extinction/windowing! So far... the pictures speak volumes! I will post pics of it when I receive the stone tomorrow!! WOOHOO!

bluecns538b-1.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
trying not to get too excited...
36.gif

bluecns538b-2.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like when they take pics with a coin.....

bluecns538b-6.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow - the teaser pics look great! Excited for you!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/29/2008 11:53:18 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 7/29/2008 11:51:32 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
So I finally heard back from John from Simply sapphires. He seems to be a busy man! I am glad I was patient/ persistant as I think I should set out for what my hearts desire is. A deeper colored stone that is a cushion cut. Of course I had to bite the bullet and spend a little more money........ But if I am going to do this 20th Anniversary project.... I AM GOING TO DO IT RIGHT! I am sure some of you ladies know what I am talking about. YOu get excited about something...but there is something in the back of your head that tells you to be patient.............. The right one will come along.

I think a 3rd time is a charm. It is 2.78cts 8.8mmx 6.4 x 5.5mm VVs gorgeous colored blue with a beautiful cut. Heated No extinction/windowing! So far... the pictures speak volumes! I will post pics of it when I receive the stone tomorrow!! WOOHOO!
I agree, its gorgeous. Love the color, too. Just beautiful. :) I know what you mean about doing it right, good for you!!
You are quick! Thank you so much! I think I need to change my writing to blue... LIKE YOURS!! I have BLUE dancing in my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!
3.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I be a copycat?? LOL!!
3.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, I am glad I also checked this thread! The cushion looks to have potential, cannot wait to read your response to it.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ronda, it looks sooo yummy!!! Can''t wait for tomorrow.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SDL.. I think you started a blue writing trend.... heehehehehe!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful sapphire!
36.gif
Excited for you. Waiting for more pics.
3.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I aim to please.... if it is even more gorgeous in person.... I will post a boatload of pics.........
3.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous! I''ll be anxious to see the latest one when you get it!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
OMG!! OMG!! OMG!! That puppy is incredible!!! You trusted your gut and boy, oh boy did it steer you right!! Happy Indigo Anniversary!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I should be getting it within the hour......
36.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Did you get it?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results