shape
carat
color
clarity

Help setting an O colored 1.59ct AVC diamond

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had to jump on this thread because your cushion looks amazing! I'm with the others who have suggested rose gold- your stone has color, embrace it. I have a R colored AVR 1.3 carats in an 18k rose gold LAD setting. Can't wait to see what you do with your diamond =)2
5716BA1E-691A-41FA-BB7E-2A486FC48A7E.jpeg ADCF9F70-583F-44DD-BB24-7643BE4A6704.jpeg
Your ring is stunning! I love the floral halo and it compliments your diamonds beautifully. Would you say your R has yellow or brown undertones? My only worry for rose gold would be how it plays with the yellow undertones. If I decide on rose gold, I’m planning on 18k since it has a little more yellow than my 14k ones.

I would do rich 18k gold for the undertones in the stone. I would use very low colored diamonds in the halo. Another option would be colored sapphires. I would emphasize the color and let that be the story. Low colored diamonds are AMAZING.

If you go rose gold, maybe pink diamond melee.
I do love a good diamond halo. :love: I was thinking make a rose or yellow gold cup/bezel surrounded by a diamond halo. I wonder how low the melee color goes. That’s something I’ll have to look into.

I didn’t even think about a pink diamond halo. Gosh, I bet the budget on that would be intense....but totally worth it. :Up_to_something: Loved this one I just found on Pinterest.

136F3CBE-B1D9-4F52-ACF7-96B6E87D9E36.jpeg

I also love halos but for my 1.4 ct O AVC, I decided on a rose gold bezel. I didn't want bright melee competing with my chunky warm stone. I asked about pink diamond melee, but Maytal kindly let me know it was way beyond my budget. :)

20181001-DSCF9697.jpg

Diamondseeker and anangel's rings are gorgeous, too. Love the idea of a gold cup/bezel to make the contrast between the center stone and halo very deliberate.

Whatever you decide, your stone will make an amazing ring!

Your ring is so gorgeous...and that pic makes it all look so romantic. Major points to you for the photography. :mrgreen: I love seeing how an O colored diamond would look in rose gold. Positively gorgeous!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo that stone is so pretty!! I see more yellow than brown so would go with yellow gold. you might consider a brushed gold. If it had a brown tint, I would do RG for sure.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Yeah,@elle_71125 !! How exciting! I'm with you though, not a huge fan of yellow gold on me either. But 18k yellow is really nice, if you decide to use some yellow gold.
Somebody asked to see my N stone with yellow gold so I took some pics awhile back. The setting it's resting on is 10k, but 50 years old and a deep rich gold tone . Looked great and really enhances the warm tone.
20191025_213308.jpg

I recently saw this ring on IG and it makes me want a warm cushion and halo it in blue sapphire. Yummmy.
20191025_213504.png

Personally, I love some of these halos already shown too. Maybe rich yellow gold just around the stone but with whiter melee. I love that contrast, I know some don't though.

Can't wait to see what you decide on, you have great taste, so I know it will be gorgeous!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I have O colour oec. I think it goes what ever metal You like most. I`m yellow gold and solitaire girl at bottom of my heart, so I changed my oec to YG solitaire setting two years ago.

Attachments

• DAA25650-03D2-4300-9C8A-74EE0CC3CE3A.jpeg
    DAA25650-03D2-4300-9C8A-74EE0CC3CE3A.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 104
  • 8BA451D2-4420-4343-99B5-CAE92A0C23A3.jpeg
    8BA451D2-4420-4343-99B5-CAE92A0C23A3.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 8822E8C8-B53A-4E75-BB14-A3C20ED524C8.jpeg
    8822E8C8-B53A-4E75-BB14-A3C20ED524C8.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 83

AV_

Ideal_Rock
... between rose gold and yellow gold. Yellow isn’t my first choice but it may be perfect for this stone. ... or a champagne gold (is that even a real thing?). ...I think it would look great with a colored stone.

... recalling a triad of three light color sapphires - yellow, orange & pad - once put together by Wise

rambling

To keep things simple, I would set in platinum with a colored gold shank as a nod to the colors.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you a waffling between yellow and rose gold, why not ask for peach gold? Its a nice mix of the two. I know DK can get it...I assume most casting houses have access to it. Its what I'll be using for my next project (I think...).

1572085389221.png

Same ring.same alloy just with different light.
1572085495714.png

1572085507007.png

Another ring in peach.
1572085538879.png

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have an N AVC & pondered the exact thing, what color metal for the setting, as I wanted to play up the color. It took me forever to decide & I ended up with an 18k gold bezel. Admittedly I didn't have experience in jewelry design, which was 99.9% of my indecision issue, plus my first attempt (a plat. Sholdt setting) with this stone was a bust.

As much as I loved RG, it just didn't look as good or as complimentary as gold did with the N color. Decisions, decisions! I cant wait to see what you do with it!

IMG_2455 2.jpg IMG_3503.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an N AVC & pondered the exact thing, what color metal for the setting, as I wanted to play up the color. It took me forever to decide & I ended up with an 18k gold bezel. Admittedly I didn't have experience in jewelry design, which was 99.9% of my indecision issue, plus my first attempt (a plat. Sholdt setting) with this stone was a bust.

As much as I loved RG, it just didn't look as good or as complimentary as gold did with the N color. Decisions, decisions! I cant wait to see what you do with it!

IMG_2455 2.jpg IMG_3503.jpeg

You’re not kidding. What a difference the yellow gold makes. It really brought out the best of your diamond. :kiss2:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you should do a colored gemstone halo. Given the rest of your collection, I think adding some color is the only way it will get worn!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you a waffling between yellow and rose gold, why not ask for peach gold? Its a nice mix of the two. I know DK can get it...I assume most casting houses have access to it. Its what I'll be using for my next project (I think...).

1572085389221.png

Same ring.same alloy just with different light.
1572085495714.png

1572085507007.png

Another ring in peach.
1572085538879.png

Thank you! I actually really like the peach gold color. That may be the perfect choice to bring out the yellow in the diamond while still not being too yellow on my skin.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I love the sapphire, ya know it. That chunky halo just struck me as so up your alley though. With rosecuts.

Also, a double halo is an option...whiter melee but a halo of color seperating it from your diamond. And bonus, finger coverage galore!
20191026_190201.png

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I love the sapphire, ya know it. That chunky halo just struck me as so up your alley though. With rosecuts.

Also, a double halo is an option...whiter melee but a halo of color seperating it from your diamond. And bonus, finger coverage galore!
20191026_190201.png

A photoshop friend! :wavey: I love it.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Proof that the "cool kids" are having an exciting Saturday night....:???:

The 18k peach gold has my attention too... sitting here actually contemplating using it for my gallery... and I'm not a 2-tone person usually, but dang that's pretty!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Proof that the "cool kids" are having an exciting Saturday night....:???:

The 18k peach gold has my attention too... sitting here actually contemplating using it for my gallery... and I'm not a 2-tone person usually, but dang that's pretty!

Do it...:evil2:
In all seriousness, it would give it a pop of interest not not a lot of people would notice unless they were really paying attention. I love details like that.

ETA: Shhhh...we’re totally the “cool kids” here. :lol:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
My husband said the same thing! Amy said that part is done by hand... so I'm wondering if I hated it if they could change it out? ( Question #546...poor Amy):roll:.
I was already looking at examples, but then I saw that peach gold.
My gallery is very tilted, makes almost a cup under stone, that's why I am considering it...
Apologize for the thread derail...
20191026_195927.jpg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
For all the new pictures, I have not changed my mind from the 12 stone flower. The proportions seem close; I would have twelve yellow gold prongs holding the center comming up from inbetween the twelve stones surrounding (@Niel 's sapphire ring's has this), the three-stone leaves - if/how depending on your ring size, they'd fall between fingers on me (or else require accomodation IDK for), else, I loved how DK did this on a gray spinel ring @mrs-b has just sold (and... that model could work as is with with this stone too)

morning rambling

If the sides are diamonds, I couldn't say which color I'd want them - either whiter or more colored; a white halo is so very neutral, a frame for anything.

-

I have a reason to have put proportions in bold - I tend to choose different styles depending on the hand & stone; it could be that because the proportions of the 12 stone flower ring are closer to the stone, that it stands out so much to me.

coffee required!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband said the same thing! Amy said that part is done by hand... so I'm wondering if I hated it if they could change it out? ( Question #546...poor Amy):roll:.
I was already looking at examples, but then I saw that peach gold.
My gallery is very tilted, makes almost a cup under stone, that's why I am considering it...
Apologize for the thread derail...
20191026_195927.jpg

That’s gorgeous! Now I’m really, really hoping you do it in the peach gold. :mrgreen:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stone is gorgeous!! It will look amazing in platinum or rose gold.
I know you are not into solitaires... I can totally see a red gold bezel or frenchie sidestones in platinum. Whatever you decide it will be gorgeous!
Thank you. :D I think this will be a slow moving project until I find something that speaks to me. Ooh...frenchies.:kiss2:

I've often thought about doing a 3 stone with an AVC and two coloured stones like this;

A 3 stone with bezels & 2 x coloured stones would also be awesome...
Isn’t her ring just gorgeous?! :love: I absolutely love it and I already have that pic filed away in my idea folder.

Ooooh weee! I’m digging all the pics in this thread since I just purchased an OEC from August Vintage, too! I think I’m gonna do a bezel in brushed rose gold. Not sure yet. Let us know what you decide!
How exciting! I freaking love his OECs and I bet yours is to die for. :love:

Casablanca from cvb design gets my vote. Yellow gold cupping is also one that would play / enhance the yellow tint in that cushion.
That”bezel/halo” look has a vintage feel for me and these stones (whilst newly cut) have that antique feel to them for me.

Am going thru a rose gold list phase at the moment and would have suggested the rose gold... but your stone and Casablanca with yellow gold cup just hits all the feels for me.

So much fun to be had when deciding the setting. You will know when you see it...

Good luck, and can’t wait to see the pictures of what you have decided!!!
Thank you. I’m definitely taking a “you’ll know it when you see it” approach. At the moment, a yellow or peach gold cup are feeling pretty good to me.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo that stone is so pretty!! I see more yellow than brown so would go with yellow gold. you might consider a brushed gold. If it had a brown tint, I would do RG for sure.
Thank you. I’m leaning towards yellow gold (or peach gold as @rockysalamander posted). Both probably as a cup because I really like the contrast between the warm gold and a bright white halo. :D

Yeah,@elle_71125 !! How exciting! I'm with you though, not a huge fan of yellow gold on me either. But 18k yellow is really nice, if you decide to use some yellow gold.
Somebody asked to see my N stone with yellow gold so I took some pics awhile back. The setting it's resting on is 10k, but 50 years old and a deep rich gold tone . Looked great and really enhances the warm tone.
20191025_213308.jpg

I recently saw this ring on IG and it makes me want a warm cushion and halo it in blue sapphire. Yummmy.
20191025_213504.png

Personally, I love some of these halos already shown too. Maybe rich yellow gold just around the stone but with whiter melee. I love that contrast, I know some don't though.

Can't wait to see what you decide on, you have great taste, so I know it will be gorgeous!
Your diamond is so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the pics. I love seeing how the diamond changes with the gold and the lighting.

I like the contrast of a yellow / peach gold cup and a bright white halo. I’m definitely leaning that way right now.

I have O colour oec. I think it goes what ever metal You like most. I`m yellow gold and solitaire girl at bottom of my heart, so I changed my oec to YG solitaire setting two years ago.
That’s stunning! It looks so gorgeous...and thank you for sharing pics! :kiss2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I love that 3 stone, but as you know I'm a halo queen too!!! So I can understand your desire to go with a halo... :lol::lol::lol:=)2=)2=)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results