shape
carat
color
clarity

3 stone AVC and EC Reset

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing fancy yet as I attempt to take better pictures of the AVC and EC again later today. I'm not happy with the blurriness, lack of detail and dispersion.

test_avc_pic.jpg

test_ec_pic.jpg

Reactions: AV_

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, finally! Handshots!! I've been waiting and waiting :cheeky:

They are gorgeous Chrono!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Urgh....I look like I have sausage fingers. :errrr:

group_pile_on.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fingers? What fingers? All I can see is a fat AVC and RED gorgeous TFD spinels :bigsmile: And a bunch of other pretties :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GemFever,
You definitely know how to make a lady feel great. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Here comes the AVC. I'm very disappointed in these pictures. I need a professional PS photographer. :bigsmile: I cannot do fancy artistic pictures, much less any showing details. Even the colour is completely off to the point where 18k yellow gold looks like 14k white gold.

red_avc_0.jpg

red_avc_7.jpg

red_avc_8.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you all do the dispersion pictures? It's showing lots of pretty pastels but my camera cannot seem to see it.

red_avc_9.jpg

red_avc_10.jpg

red_avc_11.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good little EC behaved very well and I took really nice pictures, IMHO. :halo:

hwlike_ec_1.jpg

hwlike_ec_2.jpg

hwlike_ec_3.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I think your pics are gorgeous! Much better than mine. That emerald!! Such a good lil girl. Sitting so pretty for all her pictures!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mmm that EC is looking mighty fine!

To capture pastels in diamonds, you have to have 1) crazy patience, 2) luck, 3) camera that doesn't mind doing it. My DSLR can't be counted on to capture them, by my iPhone sometimes complies. I take about 1000 (that's almost not an exaggeration) pics before I have one where I feel the pastels are reflected somewhat decently. I can imagine that AVC has incredible play of pastels!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Pandabee.

I went to the window to try again and I think these are marginally better. A little bit of colour showing and also less blurry.

red_avc_12.jpg

red_avc_13.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

Yes! Yes! Yes! I have been waiting for this!!!! My god.... These two rings!!! But I super super duper love the 3 stone AVC!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going nuts over your AVC/spinel 3-stone. Seriously--- it is fantastic! :love: :love: :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your two new rings? WOW!
Just bury me now - one on my right hand and one on my left!!!!! I'm done!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why is that the more pictures I take, the better the result? It's not that I am doing anything new or different. I am MUCH happier with these pictures. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.

YT, DerbyGal, FPSparkles and MTMama,
You've made my Friday. Thanks!

duo_hand.jpg

trio_hand.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much fun!!! Love them all... But that EC is divine! :love: :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it tacky to keep adding more pictures? I am having trouble containing my excitement. :oops: Just tell me to stop.

Mayk,
Thanks for sharing my love of ECs.

These are indoor pictures so not much sparkle.

trio_1.jpg

group_pile_2.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
love love love love the AVC three stone. I remember you pondering this reset years ago, I am so happy to see it come to fruition.

The best photos for capturing color is to hold you hand up in front of a window or outside so that you hand blocks the sun. Then the light only reaches the diamond by reflecting off your body. Wear nice colors and blammo! Colorful diamond. Basically to capture the colors you have to only allow indirect reflected light to hit the stone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are all just gorgeous, Chrono!!! The red spinels are so beautiful with the AVC! :love: :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :appl: :love:

They are ALL stunning!!I don't know if I could pick a favourite--- I love the AVC 3 stone!! and the EC is OUTSTANDING in that setting!! and the pear... and on and on and on!!! All are fabulous!!

AND--- your hands are PERFECT!! no sausage fingers on you!!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Finally! Been waiting for these pics! Still enamoured by the three-stone. I'm jealous of your goodies!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
The colours! The diamonds! I've been turned into a little puddle of happy. :love: :o

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I think all your pictures are beautiful, so please feel free to post many many more!! Your spinel/AVC is absolutely TDF!!! :love: :love: Something else to add to my ever growing wish list!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
GemFever|1368203656|3444228 said:
Fingers? What fingers? All I can see is a fat AVC and RED gorgeous TFD spinels :bigsmile: And a bunch of other pretties :love:

+1.
Such incredible colors.
And the setting you chose for your new EC is perfect.
Bravo!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Chrono I'm so in love with both the EC and AVC rings. What gorgeous, gorgeous rings! I love the three stone and would count that as one of my top ten favorites on PS. Oh yea, I'm swooning over it :love: :love: :love:

The EC is such a beautiful diamond! What size is it again? I love the classic shape and can just imagine those steps lighting up IRL! The setting you chose is so feminine, really pretty!!! Big sigh! Just lovely :lickout:

Of course all of the cs rings are gorgeous and unique, love the pink asscher cut! Enjoy all of them!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I had to come out of lurkdom to comment, beautiful rings as always, you really have an exquisite collection,

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
You absolutely deserved the Jewel of the Week honors. Congrats on a spectacular collection!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer,
Yes, I've been wanting to set those red spinels for the longest time but my diamonds were all to small. This AVC is just the right size and I think the warmth of the L colour goes well with the reds so the timing was just right for a 3 stone combination. Per your advise, I tried taking pictures again this weekend with my back to the window with the following results. I had a different problem though - I saw LOTS of happy multi-coloured dispersion but my iPhone did not. :angryfire:

Diamondseeker, Enerchi, Snickefritz, JaneSmith, Christina, Lula, Blingaddict and Rosebloom,
Thank you for sharing my joy in these oldies newbies.

Woofmama,
I just updated my CS thread with new pictures of the step cut pink spinel.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/green-garnet-red-pink-spinels-pink-tourmaline-and-more.189076/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/green-garnet-red-pink-spinels-pink-tourmaline-and-more.189076/[/URL]

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My pitiful attempts this weekend. I captured only 1/10th of the sparkles I saw on camera. :(sad

avc_3_stone_1.jpg

avc_3_stone_2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More pastel colours in this one! :praise:

avc_3_stone_3.jpg

avc_3_stone_4.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results