shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP- Please show me your favorite solitaire setting for an Octavia...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This setting may be too delicate for you but I really love the way it makes the center stone stand out. It would be lovely with an octavia.
It belongs to @diamondhoarder .

More pictures here

Capture.PNG

joelly

Ideal_Rock
@Matthews1127 A dumb question... I may have some asschers like yours coming along with the Octavia. ;)2 (I honestly didn't want to mention them because it makes me sad that you haven't been able to set yours and I don't want you to feel bad :blackeye:) You've seen them in real life- do you think a few of those on each side of the Octavia would overpower it (Octavia is 7.63mm)??? Without them graduating it may not look right??? Or should I just stick to a solitaire and band? Decisions are hard!

The Octavia will shine, no matter what you put next to it. So don’t hesitate to adorn it with other cuts of diamonds. Especially yours is big and has that pink tint to it.

This is mine. 1.22 EVS1.

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@joelly Ohhhhh, I'm so happy you responded! I love your ring and appreciate your thoughts and feedback about the Octavia and setting! I am glad to hear that you think that the Octavia would not be overwhelmed with other stones- I was actually thinking of your ring when I thought of adding the side stones. So they complement each other, correct? That's how it looks to me and that's why I may really like the side stones! Mine wouldn't taper like your emerald example, but I think I'd still really like it. I also think the pink hue that is seen from some angles will be gorgeous with the bright white sidetones! :love: You can wear yours 24/7 too, right? I think I remember you saying that. Thanks so much for your help!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of my favourite rings ever posted on here, and I think it would look ace with a slightly baby pink octavia :))

I wonder if @sunseeker101 has posted any more recent pictures? :)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 A dumb question... I may have some asschers like yours coming along with the Octavia. ;)2 (I honestly didn't want to mention them because it makes me sad that you haven't been able to set yours and I don't want you to feel bad :blackeye:) You've seen them in real life- do you think a few of those on each side of the Octavia would overpower it (Octavia is 7.63mm)??? Without them graduating it may not look right??? Or should I just stick to a solitaire and band? Decisions are hard!

Not a dumb question.
Also, don’t hesitate to mention those little beauties around me; they only bring me joy...even though I haven’t set mine, yet!
The Octavia is a creature that has no rival. NOTHING overpowers an Octavia.
Not even Vintage Cut Asschers.
Same cut. Totally different design, with similar flavor.
The smaller Asschers will not distract from your center. If anything, they should COMPLIMENT your Octavia.
Whether you use tapered sizes, or equal sizes, that style would look amazing, and would fit your description: bold, sturdy, yet feminine.
Similar to the first example I posted from Blue Nile.
If you want to keep the band/shank within 3mm, you should consider the size of the Asschers you select, as they will determine the width of your shank.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
@joelly Ohhhhh, I'm so happy you responded! I love your ring and appreciate your thoughts and feedback about the Octavia and setting! I am glad to hear that you think that the Octavia would not be overwhelmed with other stones- I was actually thinking of your ring when I thought of adding the side stones. So they complement each other, correct? That's how it looks to me and that's why I may really like the side stones! Mine wouldn't taper like your emerald example, but I think I'd still really like it. I also think the pink hue that is seen from some angles will be gorgeous with the bright white sidetones! :love: You can wear yours 24/7 too, right? I think I remember you saying that. Thanks so much for your help!!

You are too sweet. Absolutely comfortable! Great to have on even when I need to care for my baby which is why I opt for 3 stone setting rather than solitaire. The Octavia diamond sparkles so much. It will look much bigger than it really is due the the halo effects which is caused by the continuous sparkle.

So looking forward to see what you decide to do with it.

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@OoohShiny Dang, you had to show me another amazing option :lol: I've spent the last hour drooling over the mokume settings- HA! Soooooo cool! I have a clear winner- now to see if I can decide between a solitaire or side stones! That's the hard part!

@Matthews1127 You nailed it- my mind thinks just like you! And you said what I could not- thank you!! I needed that! I am really liking the setting with the side stones you posted- I found a similar size stone that it shows "set" in the ring and the proportions look really good to me. I will know for sure when I see the stones, but your comments really hit home! Thank you for putting into words what I could not! I may come back with even more questions for you! Thank you again!!! :angel:

@joelly This is just what I needed to know. Thank you for giving me thoughts from your own experience and love of your ring! It looks like a firecracker for sure! I am so anxious to see my stones, I can hardly wait!! Only a few more days (I think ;-))...

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
inspiration for the half bezels holding the sides of the diamond with the the pavilion showing on the other 2 sides. The diamond sits where the ridge is at the top.
The others are column styles.

images.jpg 79.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't help on the setting but congratulations on the Octavia. :dance:
Even after seeing it daily for 10, I never tire of it's firework display.

Someone else besides the OP mentioned it being pink.
I'm curious/nosey what kind of stone it is. :confused:

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
I know I'm not allowed to mention the stone on this side of the forum, so I was trying to just focus on the setting ;)2 Hope that's ok here- I'll post the STMB in the "man made/lab" section once I receive the stone! But the extra beauties will be in the "regular" SMTB. Monday can't come fast enough!!! So much for sleep between now and then:lol:

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
I know I'm not allowed to mention the stone on this side of the forum, so I was trying to just focus on the setting ;)2 Hope that's ok here- I'll post the STMB in the "man made/lab" section once I receive the stone! But the extra beauties will be in the "regular" SMTB. Monday can't come fast enough!!! So much for sleep between now and then:lol:

such a shame that lab diamonds aren’t allowed in the normal SMTB forum. Seems overly elitist.

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@molecule Where did you find this and can I see more views of it???? =)2

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
It's an antique that was sold and had limited profile views, but here
It's more architectural than @dreamscape 's setting, but I think it would pair beautifully.

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@molecule Oh my word!!! I need to figure out how to work photoshop :bigsmile: You are good!! That’s amazing- thank you!!! That looks dreamy! There have been so many glorious suggestions that I have no idea how to pick, hehe!!! I hope that when I see the stones that my heart will know what to do for the setting- that’s what I’m hoping for!! You guys are amazing!! Thank you!!

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
@molecule Oh my word!!! I need to figure out how to work photoshop :bigsmile: You are good!! That’s amazing- thank you!!! That looks dreamy! There have been so many glorious suggestions that I have no idea how to pick, hehe!!! I hope that when I see the stones that my heart will know what to do for the setting- that’s what I’m hoping for!! You guys are amazing!! Thank you!!

No worries!
Attaching a deco setting as well since you mentioned NSEW settings (Which I love) DecoAsscher.jpg CompassSetAsscher.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just an additional setting to consider:
AsscherSetting.jpg
modern, delicate and emphasizes the geometry of octavia

I can already imagine :love: what EW or CVB’s interpretation of this would be!

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
Can you tell us the carat weight it turned out to be? Yoram hasn't mentioned on Instagram.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock

globaltravel

Rough_Rock
@Simple and Sparkly - congrats on the Octavia!

Sending a few pictures of my engagement ring which is quite different from the typical four prong and not NSEW set. It is essentially four prong and has a very open pavilion view which I think you were also looking for. It’s a custom Sholdt in platinum and my ring size is 3.75.

0DA140E5-5F47-4B19-8F54-FEDDA8D3D7E6.jpeg

7252DBE6-B3D7-417B-91D3-236BE9830771.jpeg

Last edited:

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@globaltravel SWOON! I adore your ring and have looked at it so many times! Just dreamy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results