Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP- Please show me your favorite solitaire setting for an Octavia...

Simple and Sparkly

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! I am looking for a "bold" (not fragile) yet feminine setting for my new Octavia:love: and I thought I had it figured out. But, it was more delicate and not bold enough :lol: . As you all know, settings can be rough and I've looked for too many hours to count, so I am asking for ideas. Here is what I'm looking for... I want a four prong setting (either at the corners or NSEW) and I would like to see as much of the pavilion as possible. I may wind up going classic but would love a unique and one of a kind setting also! Please post as many as you can think of! I've looked at every asscher and Octavia thread I can find :). Thanks in advance!!

dk168

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I immediately thought of Asscher Aqua ring that belongs to @Pennyc for its bold bar prongs:

DK :))

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Simple and Sparkly

Rough_Rock
@yssie I knew that one would get mentioned- yeah, it beats all, I agree, however it is WAY above what I've budgeted :cry2::o! It is definitely a setting of dreams!

@kb1gra Sholdt is on the list too- I really like your setting and don't remember seeing it. I LOVE how well the pavilion is exposed! Thanks!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
@yssie I knew that one would get mentioned- yeah, it beats all, I agree, however it is WAY above what I've budgeted :cry2::o! It is definitely a setting of dreams!

@kb1gra Sholdt is on the list too- I really like your setting and don't remember seeing it. I LOVE how well the pavilion is exposed! Thanks!
Mine is a different one - with a few side stones and claw prongs, which isn't quite what you're looking for.

OBt4reh - Imgur.jpg

Simple and Sparkly

Rough_Rock
@Matthews1127 Yes, please!!! I was crossing my fingers you would chime in!! You are the expert- I feel sort of star struck because you have such an incredible step cut knowledge and impeccable taste :). Feel free to post as many as you can think of!! :D

@Slick1 Thank you Slick! Yes, I love the solid feel of a Sholdt, but not sure about any of their prong settings at the moment. Ugh! This is WAY too hard :P2

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 Yes, please!!! I was crossing my fingers you would chime in!! You are the expert- I feel sort of star struck because you have such an incredible step cut knowledge and impeccable taste :). Feel free to post as many as you can think of!! :D

@Slick1 Thank you Slick! Yes, I love the solid feel of a Sholdt, but not sure about any of their prong settings at the moment. Ugh! This is WAY too hard :P2
You are sweet!!
I’m no “expert”, but I share what I can!
I appreciate your compliments; looks like you have pretty sophisticated taste, yourself!!
The OCTAVIA.... :lickout:
Only in my dreams!!!
Happy to help you find the right setting for your beautiful, sparkly, 4D Octavia Diamond!!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Simple and Sparkly

Rough_Rock
@Matthews1127 Thank you!! I love EW but worry that for me, it would be too delicate of a ring, not in looks, but in daily wear. I wear my ring 24/7 (doing dishes, gardening- I will take it off when I remember :eek-2:, etc) so that's why I'm hoping for something a bit more substantial. But her designs are gorgeous! The two you referenced are actually my two favorite- you have excellent taste :)!! The LM ring is very similar to a classic style I may go with (just with no pave to lose). You are really good at this!!!:D

Simple and Sparkly

Rough_Rock
@Matthews1127 A dumb question... I may have some asschers like yours coming along with the Octavia. ;)2 (I honestly didn't want to mention them because it makes me sad that you haven't been able to set yours and I don't want you to feel bad :blackeye:) You've seen them in real life- do you think a few of those on each side of the Octavia would overpower it (Octavia is 7.63mm)??? Without them graduating it may not look right??? Or should I just stick to a solitaire and band? Decisions are hard!

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
@Matthews1127 A dumb question... I may have some asschers like yours coming along with the Octavia. ;)2 (I honestly didn't want to mention them because it makes me sad that you haven't been able to set yours and I don't want you to feel bad :blackeye:) You've seen them in real life- do you think a few of those on each side of the Octavia would overpower it (Octavia is 7.63mm)??? Without them graduating it may not look right??? Or should I just stick to a solitaire and band? Decisions are hard!
Let the Octavia shine on her own. She is the star of the show and needs no adornment.

Simple and Sparkly

Rough_Rock
@OcnGypZ It will be my ER (with a 2mm wedding band). I tried to explain my style at the beginning, but might not have done it well... I am considering a solitaire, with a shank around 2.5-3mm hopefully and as open a pavilion as possible. I would like 4 "sturdier" prongs, either on the corners or NSEW. I am also now considering using some smaller asschers as side stones. So I am all over the place! There is nothing remotely close to what I want in any stores near me, so I only have photos and my basic cut and paste skills to rely on. I have had compatible ERs for my everyday wear for several decades now, so I know it's not a problem. I am getting new stones and was hoping to get some other opinions :) I LOVE the ideas that have been shared and greatly appreciate them!! PSers are awesome!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    August Birthstone 2020: Peridot
    Fabulous 5 Carat Emerald Cut and More!
    Fabulous 5 Carat Emerald Cut and More!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.