color
clarity

My asscher aqua ring is done

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Totally in love.

I made a new thread so I could spam it with pics

Specs
9ct asscher cut aqua I prefer the greener lighter shades of aqua this stone seems
To go from clear to greenish to pale blue in different lights

Handmade platinum setting with miligrain and pave

YouTube video

38F5F551-1872-40BF-B98F-FE4210EE5FB1.jpeg C4C27D46-B924-4938-8D3E-D20F129E7800.jpeg 2BDDA861-BA2D-4ECE-BAB2-523E90A48255.jpeg 078F9909-1660-49A2-B592-8FBBE9C52C62.jpeg 4F91DADC-56E7-42B2-B7ED-9B05E7BBE0EC.jpeg FBC32F08-4A38-477C-8020-D48091DD7D54.jpeg FE49D729-16E7-414E-B17C-7384BC77BA19.jpeg 60FF8B25-885C-49B7-A1EC-6C5A9EC872F9.jpeg BC056DFD-BD39-49D9-A927-76CADB417E84.jpeg 73054B5F-1850-4080-8D6D-FB01B0F8CAAE.jpeg 3A6904F6-C62A-4974-B036-0ABAA18B5796.jpeg BA326C20-1694-4B0E-8291-F2F9452E5B0E.jpeg 6F213935-94D4-4D19-AAD1-21BC5CF31D99.jpeg B4780656-CE7D-4293-AAFC-017B128CCB5D.jpeg 6076BF8D-3389-46F7-8DE4-DD7DF32D808B.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. LOVE the color and cut and it looks fab on. Enjoy!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Pennyc Gosh I love an asscher cut. Lovely colour and size on that aqua. Congrats! :mrgreen2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it!!!! Wow. Who made the ring?

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful ring. Wow!

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
I just love those tab prongs (I think that’s what they’re called) on asscher cuts, and this ring in particular is so, so beautiful.

H

Horsegirl76

That ring is stunning! I love the setting and such a sharp looking aqua. Beautiful!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!! Gorgeous stone and setting
Your ring looks amazing on your hand

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Wow thank you so much everyone. I know it is a bit crazy and I love it so much but it really helps to hear PS members say they love it to. It was my first truly handmade piece and it will not be my last at all.

WOW, beautiful!
It matches the color of your eyes (smiley doesn’t work!)

Oh thank you so much @lucida818 . My eyes are actually darker blue but I was trying to find a patch of the dying sunlight to take a pic in and I am staring full on into the sun so probably damaged my eyes but got a good pic of the ring which I HAD to share with everyone IMMEDIATELY :lol::lol:

@Pennyc Gosh I love an asscher cut. Lovely colour and size on that aqua. Congrats! :mrgreen2:

Thank you @Niffler75 I must admit I adore asscher but they have so much depth that they lose some face up size hence I got the 9ct and was still worried it would look small. I love the colour too. I know it isn't the traditionally valued colour but I just love that pale green blue so lucky for me they are cheaper he he.

Love it!!!! Wow. Who made the ring?

Hi @lovedogs This was made by a local Perth jeweller called Jackson and Tait. I cannot recommend them highly enough they were a joy to work with they have an insta page as well if you would like to see more of their work. Absolutely lovely and accommodating as I had to post it from the East Coast. I will be a frequent customer I am sure. I was nervous as I had hoped to use one of the highly recommended jewellers on here but wanted to stay local and support small businesses here and I am so so glad I did. Helps that it is better for me to stick to AUD as well.

I just love those tab prongs (I think that’s what they’re called) on asscher cuts, and this ring in particular is so, so beautiful.

Yep Tab prongs is what he called them @rosethorn . I didn't want claws and was worried that the tabs would look too chunky but he has done an amazing job and it has allowed more diamonds to be placed up the sides of the tabs which can only be a good thing. Thank you for your kind comment

That ring is stunning! I love the setting and such a sharp looking aqua. Beautiful!

Thank you @Horsegirl76 that is a great word for it I love the sharp angles too.

Stunning!! Gorgeous stone and setting
Your ring looks amazing on your hand

Thank you @Acinom that means a lot as you have some seriously stunning pieces which I covet. I do love it on my massive hands too. Finally a ring that my hands don't dwarf

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
That looks like a real signature piece! The color is fantastic.
The last time I saw pics in process and there were no diamonds on the shank....
And I love the diamonds on the shank! Looks very luxe.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @ItsMainelyYou it is certainly the most standout piece I own for sure. I have a moissanite ring that is pretty massive but its not the same as this. The jeweller was going to put diamonds all the way up the tabs too but the way it was set they were worried about damaging the aqua so they went on the shank instead.

I cannot fault the workmanship I have no idea how jewellers do this amazing tiny detail on rings

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
They did a fantastic job. It's magic to me too.
I think the balance is perfect. I love the tab prong and bar contrast.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful! Like a bit of summer sky or ocean water on your finger!

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love it! And the aqua matches your eyes so nicely.:kiss2:

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
They did a fantastic job. It's magic to me too.
I think the balance is perfect. I love the tab prong and bar contrast.

Thank you so much @ItsMainelyYou . I am sold on tabs now I was a bit concerned at first but when I saw it completed it was the right choice nothing in the way of gazing down into the steps of the asscher cut

Absolutely beautiful! Like a bit of summer sky or ocean water on your finger!

@Polabowla yes absolutely it is the ocean water look I wanted. Sometimes it seems almost clear other times green blue love love love

I love it! And the aqua matches your eyes so nicely.:kiss2:

Thank you @Garnetgirl it certainly does in that picture. Thanks Australian sun

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love asscher cut aquas and your ring is such a stunning showpiece!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so amazing!! Congrats!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my. I love this ring. I love how sizable it is. The color is beautiful and the asscher cut really brings this out. I love that you can see the crisp steps. It has such a presence on your finger. Enjoy your new ring!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@maryjane04 that is so lovely thank you. All the things you mention are exactly what I love about it. I love being able to see each step too! Beyond thrilled with it

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aqualicious ❤️

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really beautiful! I love how strong it is, and It looks great on your hand. ( I love the large size. I understand, I have long and large hands, so size is super important!) Such a fully hand made piece. What a treasure. Loved the video of the jeweler making it. He clearly put so much attention and love into his craft and your ring.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm a sucker for aqua, asschers and tab prongs , so you hit my trifecta! Enjoy your new beauty.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Aqualicious ❤

Ha ha I am stealing this one it certainly is

Really beautiful! I love how strong it is, and It looks great on your hand. ( I love the large size. I understand, I have long and large hands, so size is super important!) Such a fully hand made piece. What a treasure. Loved the video of the jeweler making it. He clearly put so much attention and love into his craft and your ring.

I feel so lucky to have found this jeweller he is so easy to work with and I get this little treat of the video as well. Extra spoilt.

I have been admiring so many dainty rings but they won't work for me unless in stacks as they get lost on my hand. I have also now managed to burn my hand twice by being too lazy to use oven gloves and just grabbing a tea towel so no more hand shots for awhile :lol-2:

I'm a sucker for aqua, asschers and tab prongs , so you hit my trifecta! Enjoy your new beauty.

My first ring with tab prongs I was a bit nervous as I have seen some bad examples but I didn't want anything to interrupt the pool of the surface of the stone and I am so glad I did it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing the video!! I love handmade pieces. The love for jewelry and artistic creations is apparant in your Gorgeous ring. I love the tap prongs and the beautiful diamonds that showcase your center stone

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results