shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP- Please show me your favorite solitaire setting for an Octavia...

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone! I am looking for a "bold" (not fragile) yet feminine setting for my new Octavia:love: and I thought I had it figured out. But, it was more delicate and not bold enough :lol: . As you all know, settings can be rough and I've looked for too many hours to count, so I am asking for ideas. Here is what I'm looking for... I want a four prong setting (either at the corners or NSEW) and I would like to see as much of the pavilion as possible. I may wind up going classic but would love a unique and one of a kind setting also! Please post as many as you can think of! I've looked at every asscher and Octavia thread I can find :). Thanks in advance!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I immediately thought of Asscher Aqua ring that belongs to @Pennyc for its bold bar prongs:

DK :))

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh this is an easy one -

1594855405390.png

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
When I think of bold but feminine, I tend to think of Sholdt.

My Asscher setting from them exposes the pavilion view.

Here's some others of theirs that do too. Kalee could probably combine any of these shank shapes and prongs.

1594855552284.png

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@yssie I knew that one would get mentioned- yeah, it beats all, I agree, however it is WAY above what I've budgeted :cry2::o! It is definitely a setting of dreams!

@kb1gra Sholdt is on the list too- I really like your setting and don't remember seeing it. I LOVE how well the pavilion is exposed! Thanks!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
@yssie I knew that one would get mentioned- yeah, it beats all, I agree, however it is WAY above what I've budgeted :cry2::o! It is definitely a setting of dreams!

@kb1gra Sholdt is on the list too- I really like your setting and don't remember seeing it. I LOVE how well the pavilion is exposed! Thanks!

Mine is a different one - with a few side stones and claw prongs, which isn't quite what you're looking for.

OBt4reh - Imgur.jpg

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@Matthews1127 Yes, please!!! I was crossing my fingers you would chime in!! You are the expert- I feel sort of star struck because you have such an incredible step cut knowledge and impeccable taste :). Feel free to post as many as you can think of!! :D

@Slick1 Thank you Slick! Yes, I love the solid feel of a Sholdt, but not sure about any of their prong settings at the moment. Ugh! This is WAY too hard :P2

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 Yes, please!!! I was crossing my fingers you would chime in!! You are the expert- I feel sort of star struck because you have such an incredible step cut knowledge and impeccable taste :). Feel free to post as many as you can think of!! :D

@Slick1 Thank you Slick! Yes, I love the solid feel of a Sholdt, but not sure about any of their prong settings at the moment. Ugh! This is WAY too hard :P2

You are sweet!!
I’m no “expert”, but I share what I can!
I appreciate your compliments; looks like you have pretty sophisticated taste, yourself!!
The OCTAVIA.... :lickout:
Only in my dreams!!!
Happy to help you find the right setting for your beautiful, sparkly, 4D Octavia Diamond!!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@Matthews1127 Thank you!! I love EW but worry that for me, it would be too delicate of a ring, not in looks, but in daily wear. I wear my ring 24/7 (doing dishes, gardening- I will take it off when I remember :eek-2:, etc) so that's why I'm hoping for something a bit more substantial. But her designs are gorgeous! The two you referenced are actually my two favorite- you have excellent taste :)!! The LM ring is very similar to a classic style I may go with (just with no pave to lose). You are really good at this!!!:D

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@Matthews1127 A dumb question... I may have some asschers like yours coming along with the Octavia. ;)2 (I honestly didn't want to mention them because it makes me sad that you haven't been able to set yours and I don't want you to feel bad :blackeye:) You've seen them in real life- do you think a few of those on each side of the Octavia would overpower it (Octavia is 7.63mm)??? Without them graduating it may not look right??? Or should I just stick to a solitaire and band? Decisions are hard!

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
@Matthews1127 A dumb question... I may have some asschers like yours coming along with the Octavia. ;)2 (I honestly didn't want to mention them because it makes me sad that you haven't been able to set yours and I don't want you to feel bad :blackeye:) You've seen them in real life- do you think a few of those on each side of the Octavia would overpower it (Octavia is 7.63mm)??? Without them graduating it may not look right??? Or should I just stick to a solitaire and band? Decisions are hard!

Let the Octavia shine on her own. She is the star of the show and needs no adornment.

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
@OcnGypZ That's what I am thinking too, just getting soooooooo confused ;(

First - are you going to wear this ring with your wedding band or will it be a rhr?

Secondly - define your personal style - is it compatible with everyday wearing and daily chores?

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@OcnGypZ It will be my ER (with a 2mm wedding band). I tried to explain my style at the beginning, but might not have done it well... I am considering a solitaire, with a shank around 2.5-3mm hopefully and as open a pavilion as possible. I would like 4 "sturdier" prongs, either on the corners or NSEW. I am also now considering using some smaller asschers as side stones. So I am all over the place! There is nothing remotely close to what I want in any stores near me, so I only have photos and my basic cut and paste skills to rely on. I have had compatible ERs for my everyday wear for several decades now, so I know it's not a problem. I am getting new stones and was hoping to get some other opinions :) I LOVE the ideas that have been shared and greatly appreciate them!! PSers are awesome!

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@kb1gra is there any way I could see profile shot of your beautiful ring? It's making some ideas swirl around in my head ;-)

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
I don't have one handy here at work and the ring isn't with me, but I did find the product photo from when I ordered it in my email (this is a round, but you see how it works)

1594916972021.png

Thank you!! Really pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results