shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Please: Need advice on whether a reset/custom design is worth it

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Haha @Spring Day I feel confident I won’t get DSS with this ;)) if anything I wish it were just a smidge smaller (wut did she say?! :shock:) but it wasn’t possible without going to 9 stones in the surround instead of 8, which I did not want to do!

Omg take it back! The PS police are going to find you! Go hide!

I get what you’re saying though. Not about being a smidge smaller cuz I’m this close :hand: to slapping you but about the 9 stones. Aesthetically, it just looks so much better.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Omg take it back! The PS police are going to find you! Go hide!

I get what you’re saying though. Not about being a smidge smaller cuz I’m this close :hand: to slapping you but about the 9 stones. Aesthetically, it just looks so much better.

:lol: The virtual slap out of bling love and concern is appreciated. Though I know there are probably some who might see it on me in passing (I’m a ring size 5 but sized to 5.25 in case of swelling) and think it’s a bit garish but I’m also not forcing them to wear it so I think we’re ok :P2

Also thank you for the affirmation! Jessica McCormack recently posted this and I spiraled for a little bit second guessing all of my choices:
3D7831B4-97F7-4E05-A5C2-770D04B6416E.jpeg

@Diamondbug maybe inspo for your future daisy ring :razz:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so hard not to 2nd guess those small things at the end....trying to break myself of the post-purchase comparison shopping habit but it's tough....

your ring looks lovely, hope those little nags wash away and you enjoy it =)

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: The virtual slap out of bling love and concern is appreciated. Though I know there are probably some who might see it on me in passing (I’m a ring size 5 but sized to 5.25 in case of swelling) and think it’s a bit garish but I’m also not forcing them to wear it so I think we’re ok :P2

Also thank you for the affirmation! Jessica McCormack recently posted this and I spiraled for a little bit second guessing all of my choices:
3D7831B4-97F7-4E05-A5C2-770D04B6416E.jpeg

I understand the spiral. I’m even second guessing myself with my reset every day. Poor @AnastasiaBeaverhausen has been listening to my freak outs for months. I even emailed DK again after approving casting to change something by a fraction of a millimeter. And then I keep questioning whether or not I missed something vital or maybe should have gone a different direction. I guess I’m kinda glad you’re the same! I thought I was crazy :lickout:

At least there’s always next reset!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
so hard not to 2nd guess those small things at the end....trying to break myself of the post-purchase comparison shopping habit but it's tough....

your ring looks lovely, hope those little nags wash away and you enjoy it =)

Thank you @bludiva!! Definitely it can be tough I can relate!
I do need to send it back at some point because I think in the back and forth and busyness, they forgot to stamp the metal and Klass on the inside of the shank!! There’s also very little pinprick like holes on some of the center prongs that might need to be polished out but I think I’ll wait a little bit because I don’t want to send it away already!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
I understand the spiral. I’m even second guessing myself with my reset every day. Poor @AnastasiaBeaverhausen has been listening to my freak outs for months. I even emailed DK again after approving casting to change something by a fraction of a millimeter. And then I keep questioning whether or not I missed something vital or maybe should have gone a different direction. I guess I’m kinda glad you’re the same! I thought I was crazy :lickout:

At least there’s always next reset!

You’re not alone! I keep wondering if I made the right choice even with the sizing (it’s a little loose) or if I should have done a bit more traditional to the antique setting with the big donut opening on the bottom gallery to minimize any chance of the head moving around or see-sawing.:doh::think:

Your reset is going to be amazing!! Cannot wait to see those prongs!!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock

WOW that is a gorgeous daisy!! :kiss2: :kiss2: How did I miss the pictures?? It is huge and blingy, I love that you left the butt smooth and sleek. I love it. I have been flip flopping on whether I should use the baby oecs for a daisy ring or a band and this is NOT helping...hahahaha. Congrats on such a beautiful ring.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is the first thread where i've seen the gallery called a "butt" and i think it has to be called that now always :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
this is the first thread where i've seen the gallery called a "butt" and i think it has to be called that now always :lol: :lol: :lol:

I call the culet a butthole so when I tell people I had Sako open up my butthole people seem to respond to me funny. I dunno why, weird....

Tayberry

Shiny_Rock
I call the culet a butthole so when I tell people I had Sako open up my butthole people seem to respond to me funny. I dunno why, weird....

Get just what you want

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lolololololol that made my night thank you :clap:

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...just saw this. It's great @mjea !! Enjoy!!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
WOW that is a gorgeous daisy!! :kiss2: :kiss2: How did I miss the pictures?? It is huge and blingy, I love that you left the butt smooth and sleek. I love it. I have been flip flopping on whether I should use the baby oecs for a daisy ring or a band and this is NOT helping...hahahaha. Congrats on such a beautiful ring.
@Diamondbug Thank you!! Do you have a thread in this already? Either will be so beautiful!

@bludiva :lol: :lol: :lol:
@Spring Day :shock::D:lol:

Wow...just saw this. It's great @mjea !! Enjoy!!
Thank you @Mlh

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
@Diamondbug Thank you!! Do you have a thread in this already? Either will be so beautiful!

Not yet... still working on my three stone.... I am so indecisive, I'm stuck on decision paralysis :(2:roll2:.
These are the stones that I will be working with . I don't normally wear a right hand ring anymore so I was thinking of just making a stacking band but I LOVE all these daisy/cluster rings.

1619018734759.png

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Not yet... still working on my three stone.... I am so indecisive, I'm stuck on decision paralysis :(2:roll2:.
These are the stones that I will be working with . I don't normally wear a right hand ring anymore so I was thinking of just making a stacking band but I LOVE all these daisy/cluster rings.

1619018734759.png

Oh that’s beautiful as is also!! So the choices are make a band or pop a diamond or color stone into this cluster? Oh man that’s tough and both probably require a good amount of custom work! Can’t wait to see what you decide! :D

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow what a ring! It looks absolutely fabulous on you!

mjea

Shiny_Rock

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is THE MOST STUNNING ring!!! I absolutely love it! And great timing, as I'm planning a cluster ring as well, and the proportions of yours are perfection, very inspiring!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
This is THE MOST STUNNING ring!!! I absolutely love it! And great timing, as I'm planning a cluster ring as well, and the proportions of yours are perfection, very inspiring!

@Dandi that is so kind, thank you!! I love all cluster pieces and can’t wait to see what you’re planning!! I hope you will share the process! :love:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! It’s here and I’m in shock. I don’t own anything this blingy so it will take some getting used to and certainly not an every day ring, but it came out very close to my inspiration and I’m happy with the new life my mom’s stone will have through my 10th wedding anniversary.
47FA5474-A223-4D08-9928-FD0F7C5A7C68.jpeg
DB4F55F1-6368-4A2B-8ACF-4F8143F7D1BC.jpeg

This ring is TDF:kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results