Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Please: Need advice on whether a reset/custom design is worth it

Mkyjc369

Rough_Rock
Good idea on the 24k cup! I’ll show you a picture of my inspiration setting (not my ring, but I love this and would like to do something in this vein):

F3615F23-C4EB-41D4-9C6A-76E5F05B3452.jpeg

Only change I might make is to perhaps make it a split shank, I’m not usually a fan of split shanks but I think it might make the ring more delicate with so much pave going on.

I think a split shank could be so beautiful! As soon as I read yellow gold cup in your original post I thought of this video I saw of Pablo cimadevila making a 24k yellow gold cup for a yellow diamond and nearly fainted at the final product:
D35BE836-C1EE-4085-991F-3A0A3DE92290.jpeg

AllAboardTheBlingTrain

Brilliant_Rock
I think a split shank could be so beautiful! As soon as I read yellow gold cup in your original post I thought of this video I saw of Pablo cimadevila making a 24k yellow gold cup for a yellow diamond and nearly fainted at the final product:
D35BE836-C1EE-4085-991F-3A0A3DE92290.jpeg

Oh yes I remember this video! Pablo Cimadevila is a genius!! I love watching his jewelry videos. This ring is STUNNING.

Mkyjc369

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I've been occasionally wearing it around the house to help me decide whether to reset it (which I think I will after seeing everyone's replies!) My original ering is a slightly smaller diamond solitaire in platinum. Even with the metal and size difference, I personally don't have a need for more than one diamond solitaire, which is one of the driving reasons behind wanting to do a reset. With the finger coverage I think it will have, it will most likely be a RHR :).

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    February's Throwbacks: Diamonds are Forever
    February's Throwbacks: Diamonds are Forever
    March Birthstone 2021 - Aquamarine
    March Birthstone 2021 - Aquamarine
    Soapy Love
    Soapy Love

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.