shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Please: Need advice on whether a reset/custom design is worth it

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Good idea on the 24k cup! I’ll show you a picture of my inspiration setting (not my ring, but I love this and would like to do something in this vein):

F3615F23-C4EB-41D4-9C6A-76E5F05B3452.jpeg

Only change I might make is to perhaps make it a split shank, I’m not usually a fan of split shanks but I think it might make the ring more delicate with so much pave going on.

I think a split shank could be so beautiful! As soon as I read yellow gold cup in your original post I thought of this video I saw of Pablo cimadevila making a 24k yellow gold cup for a yellow diamond and nearly fainted at the final product:
D35BE836-C1EE-4085-991F-3A0A3DE92290.jpeg

I think a split shank could be so beautiful! As soon as I read yellow gold cup in your original post I thought of this video I saw of Pablo cimadevila making a 24k yellow gold cup for a yellow diamond and nearly fainted at the final product:
D35BE836-C1EE-4085-991F-3A0A3DE92290.jpeg

Oh yes I remember this video! Pablo Cimadevila is a genius!! I love watching his jewelry videos. This ring is STUNNING.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bludiva that is so beautiful and substantial in the best way!! Thank you for sharing!

you're so kind - good luck on your project! i hope your stone gets a beautiful new home so you can wear it often! mine was sitting in a box for years before the reset.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I've been occasionally wearing it around the house to help me decide whether to reset it (which I think I will after seeing everyone's replies!) My original ering is a slightly smaller diamond solitaire in platinum. Even with the metal and size difference, I personally don't have a need for more than one diamond solitaire, which is one of the driving reasons behind wanting to do a reset. With the finger coverage I think it will have, it will most likely be a RHR :).

mjea

Shiny_Rock
I can’t say for certain there’s causality here since becoming active on PS but I suddenly have a few projects in the works. :lol:

I’m going to go the cluster ring route for the center stone and see about dropping in a larger CZ for my mom to have back (her request) in the original setting if it’s salvageable. The ring jacket is for sale so we’ll see what happens with that.

Thank you all for your inputs!!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Updating here in case people are interested and as a thank you for everyone's advice.
I went with DKJ and his team's been wonderful so far. I wish there was more communication and progress updates/progress photos but I know his team is very busy, and while I hint at it have not been direct in asking for it in my emails so that's mostly on me.

They sent an email on Friday that my cluster ring is being set now! He also upsized my original platinum wedding band so hopefully those will be arriving in the next few weeks! He also sized up my mom's original solitaire ring and jacket and set it with a nice CZ for her to wear comfortably and she's received those already and is happy with them.

Here's how I responded to his email on Friday -- hope they got a chuckle.
giphy-downsized.gif

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
They sent an email on Friday that my cluster ring is being set now! He also upsized my original platinum wedding band so hopefully those will be arriving in the next few weeks! He also sized up my mom's original solitaire ring and jacket and set it with a nice CZ for her to wear comfortably and she's received those already and is happy with them.

OMG!!! How exciting! I also want a cluster/daisy ring so I can't wait to see your ring. Please post lots of photos when you get it. What size did you decide on your sidestones?

mjea

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!! How exciting! I also want a cluster/daisy ring so I can't wait to see your ring. Please post lots of photos when you get it. What size did you decide on your sidestones?

So exciting :D They will be 4.7mm rounds

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock

Holy mother of blings, that is going to be blinding and gorgeous!! Can't wait!! When will you get it?

mjea

Shiny_Rock
:twirl: Where is the rolling around and waiting emoji? I have no idea. I have a few projects being done at the same time and no idea when I’ll receive them. I’m starting to feel antsy!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Are you sure that's right? That's like a halo of .35+ish stones. How big is your center stone?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got it!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! It’s here and I’m in shock. I don’t own anything this blingy so it will take some getting used to and certainly not an every day ring, but it came out very close to my inspiration and I’m happy with the new life my mom’s stone will have through my 10th wedding anniversary.
47FA5474-A223-4D08-9928-FD0F7C5A7C68.jpeg
DB4F55F1-6368-4A2B-8ACF-4F8143F7D1BC.jpeg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
W:love:W !!! You better do a thread in SMTB!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
W:love:W !!! You better do a thread in SMTB!

Ditto!!!!

Thank you @lulu_ma @Yimmers! I probably won’t do a SMTB thread because I used lab stones for the cluster sides and I think they are considered unmentionables in that thread?

Oh my word, what a GORGEOUS ring! Words fail me!!!

Thank you!! I’m still getting used to the size and definitely think in hindsight I might have done things differently but I do love it so much!

mjea

Shiny_Rock
What! I’ve been waiting for an update from you and I guess I missed that you received your cluster! It’s amazing! Gorgeous! Sublime! That finger coverage! Sorry if you’ve already mentioned, but what did you end up deciding with the butt gallery?

Ah thank you!! I can’t wait to see your 3-stone!!!
So.. I was all ready to go with the milgrain and then I saw the butt pic ( :lol: ) and decided to keep it polished and sleek:
46D3474E-D522-431D-9723-DEA9467D6820.jpeg

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thank you @lulu_ma @Yimmers! I probably won’t do a SMTB thread because I used lab stones for the cluster sides and I think they are considered unmentionables in that thread?

Thank you!! I’m still getting used to the size and definitely think in hindsight I might have done things differently but I do love it so much!

Oh I think you are right about the SMTB policy. But feel free to spam us with pics here-we need more!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So.. I was all ready to go with the milgrain and then I saw the butt pic ( :lol: ) and decided to keep it polished and sleek:

Looks good coming and going enjoy!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock

It’s perfect! I love how sleek it looks! As smooth as a baby’s bottom!

I wouldn’t mind a few more pics when you have the time!:geek2::kiss2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It looks beautiful! That's a whole lot of bling! You need to create a thread on the Show Me the Bling forum!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results