shape
carat
color
clarity

Help picking a 2mm 18k band online

Zozye

Rough_Rock
Hi! I’m looking to get a solid, high quality 2mm 18k yellow gold band online... I’m looking for high quality but don’t want to spend money on the name (like Tiffany). I’m looking at bluenile, James Allen, Adiamor etc etc. but the price so are widely different and no weights of bands are listed.

Some reviews (like on the blue nile) people have said the band isn’t as yellow gold as their high-end brand 18k gold.

I want to get it engraved so I can’t return it. Any suggestions or PSers have personal reviews?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bands from e-weddingbands and Sarraf, and am very pleased with them both.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have bands from e-weddingbands and Sarraf, and am very pleased with them both.

Hi Dandi, my apologies for the thread-jack OP.

I’m based in Australia and looking at buying a plain gold wedding band from Sarraf. The prices are very reasonable and shipping is free via Fedex due to it costing over $100 US. I can’t seem to find if I’ll pay any extra fees like GST or import duty. The item is approx $103 US. I don’t want any surprises with fees, I’m happy to pay GST but do I still need to pay $83 import duty on the item?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sparkles88 no I didn't pay anything extra. I'm pretty certain that the $83 import duty only applies to items over $1000AUD. Sarraf's prices are amazing, and I am really happy with the band!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Sparkles88 no I didn't pay anything extra. I'm pretty certain that the $83 import duty only applies to items over $1000AUD. Sarraf's prices are amazing, and I am really happy with the band!

Thanks for your reply. I ordered my band, just a very basic 14k white gold wedded for stacking. Excitedly waiting for my ring now:appl:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your reply. I ordered my band, just a very basic 14k white gold wedded for stacking. Excitedly waiting for my ring now:appl:

Woo hooooo!! Post pics if you get a chance! I'm such a sucker for plain bands.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I’m looking to get a solid, high quality 2mm 18k yellow gold band online... I’m looking for high quality but don’t want to spend money on the name (like Tiffany). I’m looking at bluenile, James Allen, Adiamor etc etc. but the price so are widely different and no weights of bands are listed.

Some reviews (like on the blue nile) people have said the band isn’t as yellow gold as their high-end brand 18k gold.

I want to get it engraved so I can’t return it. Any suggestions or PSers have personal reviews?

@Zozye here is the thread with pics of my 18k 2mm bands I ordered from e-weddingbands. Apologies as the pics aren't great, but it will hopefully give you an idea of the shape and colour. I've always been really happy with e-weddingbands.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @Zozye did you find your gold band?
Here’s mine from Sarraf, it’s a white gold 14k 2.5mm high polished band.
My ER is 18k white gold and needs to replated as the rhodium has worn off.
@Dandi some photos for you :) E01224D2-EF67-4CB8-ACA6-B5BE59102DA7.jpeg 059B948A-5EA1-4E8B-BCCB-13B4AB5167AA.jpeg 2C82CC3C-8352-463F-8815-0D1EB9402642.jpeg 31C46342-C2CD-447C-9CC8-109A14D46378.jpeg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Sparkles88 it looks fabulous!! And your e-ring is to die for stunning!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results