shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP Me Quit Smoking!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keep it up, iLander! :appl: And nicotine patches have to be healthier than cigarettes-I say use them as long as you need them!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
so how is the not smoKing going?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hi VL :wavey:

How's your partner? How's she doing? I hope she's doing better, I think about you guys every day.

Still going, day 23! :appl:

But I think I am now hopelessly addicted to patches and lozenges. :rolleyes:

I suppose on some level it's better, but I'm not totally sure . . . Now I guess people can only complain that my breath is "too minty".

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1305851493|2926134 said:
iLander, you're doing great! I'm so proud of you.

Huh. Whoever made up that story about the French got totally busted. :sick:

I'm not smoking either. It's hard sometimes because SO care more about me not doing it than I do (yes, I know I shouldn't want to, I just do). On the other hand my health has to be improving and I've saved a ton of money, so I guess it is a good thing. You can see I'm kind of conflicted.

I keep asking SO to bring me Milky Way bars. Sometimes he remembers, sometimes he forgets. I hope he remembers today. I haven't eaten a lot and have a craving for sugar.

Tell your SO to form his "caring about quitting" into encouragement. Otherwise, it will just tick you off. There's a certain level of "eff you" that's inherent in smoking today, so it needs to be praise, not nagging.

I just keep focusing on the money saved, that seems to help. Also, I keep loading up on stuff that smells good: fabric softeners, air fresheners, those little plug in thingies. Smelling stuff is a new novelty for me. :bigsmile:

I also find myself thinking clearly again. I think the nicotine was messing with my focus and memory. Now I can effectively use the 4 different remote controls that we need to run the TV! :lol:

What Good stuff do you notice and like about not smoking, Danny?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Congrats on 23 days!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hi Shiny! :wavey:

Thank you, lady! You've been very kind through this whole process.

Give your dad a big hug and tell him he smells great and he's being really strong. Tell him I'm pulling for him! :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1306334216|2929865 said:
so how is the not smoKing going?

Oh, yeah, I forgot to say; ring size 7 :bigsmile:

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, iLander! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I remember visiting the office in Malaysia back in the days when people were allowed to smoke in offices. I have been a non-smoker all my life and it was really tough for me. I smelt like I was in a pub all day and it really messed up my sinuses. It was no fun and all I could smell during the week was smoke. Keep up the great work.

One of my good friends gave up smoking after 20-plus years and it's been at least two years since she quit and she's never smoked since. Claims it's nice not to freeze her butt off to go outside for a smoke during winter. :tongue:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results