shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me pick a watch!

mojoriley

Rough_Rock
Ordered these two Bedat & Co. watches from an online consignment and need some help deciding which looks better! I also have a 3rd option that I'm eyeing with a two-tone face and single row diamond bezel on the top and bottom.

Are these too much for everyday wear? I live in Brooklyn, in a hip and very affluent, but kinda crunchy neighborhood. I really like the double diamond bezel, but I'm also *mostly* a yellow/rose gold kind of girl, and wondering if I would be better off with the two-tone watch but with fewer diamonds.

Which of the two do you guys prefer?

Anyone want to chime in and tell me whether I should go for the two-tone Bedat instead?
20190417_162537.jpg 20190422_152929.jpg

(Please ignore my peeling skin! I gave myself a TCA peel on my hands and forearms)

Any and all help appreciated!

-S

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the first one, which is more square, and you have tiny wrists so I think that makes it look more proportionate on you.

As for these, or the two tone with less diamonds... I think you need to think realistically about which you would prefer to wear more frequently. If you're going to balk at wearing it because of the diamonds or have less opportunity to wear it because of the single colour, then get the two tone. You need to feel comfortable.

However, that first one... That would be my choice. :lickout: I'm a sucker for single tone watches and I think it really suits your skin tone.

mojoriley

Rough_Rock
Thanks Lykame! That does help, and fwiw, it's the second vote (one IRL) for that one :)

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Lykame! That does help, and fwiw, it's the second vote (one IRL) for that one :)
You're welcome! :geek2: Yeah, there's just something... special about that first one... I wish I could put my finger on what it is exactly, it's just much more visually pleasing to me. I hope whatever you end up choosing, YOU are super happy with it and wear it well!

Let us know your final choice even if it's the two-toned one or the second one!!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think both look nice - the second might be more 'classic' and perhaps more understated? :)

I'm not sure about two-tone with the tennis bracelet, but then I'm not personally keen on two-tone generally :lol: lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both watches are lovely and of course there is no right or wrong but I prefer the second one. It seems more proportional to your wrist IMO. It just looks like perhaps the band needs to be more fitted for your wrist but other than that I think it's perfectly beautiful on you. I do not think either one is too much for everyday wear.

I cannot tell which one is two tone though...maybe it's my computer screen making them both look all one color but my advice is choose the metal(s) you know you love and will enjoy wearing more. I always look at PPW...price per wear. IF you love and adore something you will wear it more frequently making the price worth it. So even though it is a simple concept sometimes we forget. I say choose the color(s) you know you have loved wearing in the past and will continue wearing.

As for Brooklyn woohoo. Love Brooklyn. :cool2:

brooklynbaby.gif

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@missy, you're not going mad, neither of those watches are two tone - @mojoriley was saying she has another option with only one row of diamonds and two tone.

I agree the second one is more 'classic'... I still prefer the first one though... :P2:kiss2: ... Ultimately however you should go for the one that speaks to you the most!

I like the price per wear principle, too!

mojoriley

Rough_Rock
This is very helpful, thanks everyone!

To complicate matters, I have another watch arriving tomorrow :lol:

It's the midsize Cartier Santos Galbee: 8a4bebad654da1084ad127bc2a508a7c.jpg

I like it, but wonder if it's more "rugged" than I want...

Also trying to hunt down a Cartier two tone Panthere for a decent price to compare in person

I so appreciate everyone weighing in :kiss2:

mojoriley

Rough_Rock
Both watches are lovely and of course there is no right or wrong but I prefer the second one. It seems more proportional to your wrist IMO. It just looks like perhaps the band needs to be more fitted for your wrist but other than that I think it's perfectly beautiful on you. I do not think either one is too much for everyday wear.

I cannot tell which one is two tone though...maybe it's my computer screen making them both look all one color but my advice is choose the metal(s) you know you love and will enjoy wearing more. I always look at PPW...price per wear. IF you love and adore something you will wear it more frequently making the price worth it. So even though it is a simple concept sometimes we forget. I say choose the color(s) you know you have loved wearing in the past and will continue wearing.

As for Brooklyn woohoo. Love Brooklyn. :cool2:

brooklynbaby.gif

Yes, both bands definitely need adjustment! I just read a horror story (of sorts) about a woman who had her Rolex adjusted and several links removed, and then "trashed" the links...well several years later, after kids and life had their way, she needed to have the bracelet made larger...only to find out that repurchasing those links ran her about $1000!

Brooklyn is pretty great, but lately a bit of a love/hate relationship!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually prefer the 2nd one, I think it looks perfect on your wrist, but that’s probably because I’m not a fan of big watches, I’m always the odd one out :lol:

mojoriley

Rough_Rock
Hi all! So I added another possibility :lol:

I was *thisclose* to keeping the Bedat in the first picture above, when an amazing deal on the two-tone midsize Cartier Panthere showed up. I wasn't sure I would love it, since I looked at a couple of other Cartier watches and wasn't really sold on them (I think generally they are a more masculine look than I prefer), but I have to say that I think this watch is pretty gorgeous and definitely a possible keeper.

Anyone have an opinion between the Bedat and the Cartier?

20190506_184452.jpg :praise: 20190506_144514.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results