shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a natural sapphire under 2k!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
So will this be a usd to usd transaction? So far all of the apps or other services I’ve tried automatically converts it to rupees.

Hmm, you pay in dollars and XE transfers to the currency of your choice. Did the vendor want dollars? I ran into that once, it was a huge pain, just let me pay you in another currency!

Reactions: ean

voce

Ideal_Rock
Here's another option if you're still looking.
The seller is in Sri Lanka and can provide GIC reports. The free shipping can take 1-2 months, so if you'd like it sooner, why not pay for expedited shipping?

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I quite like that stone!! It’s a beautiful rich color, and doesn’t seem to have the same darker spots as the other main sapphire you were considering.

I am asking for more picture/videos as we speak.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
It is very pretty color wise, the cut has some quirks but many native cuts do - one thing to think about, the proportions seem very similar to the chubbier oval from Geomocean.

Nothing quite strikes me yet like my original option.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Question: Does it matter if a sapphire is low heated or "regular" heated? Isn't heat, heat?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
The last two are pretty stones but the darkest options yet, they will present darker once set, and this is the way you'll see them most- so keep that in mind.

The first option from Gemfielders is really nice, it has similar extinction banding to the #3 from Gemocean. I would ask to see it on a hand to check. Is the price better? Because that's important too.
The second is pretty but getting into darker territory if you want it to look fully blue as opposed to blue flashing in most light. Is this the look you prefer?

ean

Brilliant_Rock
The last two are pretty stones but the darkest options yet, they will present darker once set, and this is the way you'll see them most- so keep that in mind.

The first option from Gemfielders is really nice, it has similar extinction banding to the #3 from Gemocean. I would ask to see it on a hand to check. Is the price better? Because that's important too.
The second is pretty but getting into darker territory if you want it to look fully blue as opposed to blue flashing in most light. Is this the look you prefer?

It’s more expensive at 2,300 but it is 10.4x8.2

Still waiting for videos and photos as we speak. I honestly don’t know about how I fee about the seller. He responds to my questions re methods of payment, etc. But totally ignored my request for more pics or vids. I just thought it wouldn’t be so hard to say “I’ll send it tomorrow, etc.” since he’s already replying to me anyway.

The second one is a no go because it appears to be darker than the gemocean one, which was my main concern to begin with.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Mmmm, I'm not crazy about that kind of response.
It's a bit of a risk if we can't see how it performs- all gems look like they have low extinction and better color in the tweezers outdoors, that's why they picture them that way.
If he won't show you, then you'll have to decide if you want to take the risk.
With Gemocean, we can at least see what it does in different environments. That's important because that's how you'll see it.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It's a bit of a risk if we can't see how it performs- all gems look like they have low extinction and better color in the tweezers outdoors, that's why they picture them that way.
With Gemocean, we can at least see what it does in different environments. That's important because that's how you'll see it.

Honestly I totally agree - id be a little nervous to go with a seller I got weird vibes from. That’s not to say they are unethical at all - but buying from IG is already fraught with more risks than buying from a stateside vendor...vibe is EVERYTHING to me when buying on IG unless it’s a purchase that’s inexpensive and it won’t matter if I lose the money

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly I totally agree - id be a little nervous to go with a seller I got weird vibes from. That’s not to say they are unethical at all - but buying from IG is already fraught with more risks than buying from a stateside vendor...vibe is EVERYTHING to me when buying on IG unless it’s a purchase that’s inexpensive and it won’t matter if I lose the money

Totally! That's why I'm leaning towards the gemocean one the best. He has been super responsive, pleasant, and not pushy at all to deal with. I also find that this stone looks like it has the best luster out of all the ones I've checked. Idk, the other ones just doesn't look as lively to me.

ean

Brilliant_Rock

Attachments

• E417462A-ADD4-447A-9D42-E700B8C30E2B.jpeg
    E417462A-ADD4-447A-9D42-E700B8C30E2B.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 15

voce

Ideal_Rock
Question: Does it matter if a sapphire is low heated or "regular" heated? Isn't heat, heat?

I think Beryllium diffusion requires much higher temperatures than regular heat. So I think this is the vendor's way of trying to communicate there's no diffusion involved with the heat.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, another option.

9x7

B5AB4188-2C5E-4705-890A-B44265055DB4.jpeg

Attachments

• CD8E76DC-7A19-43C0-BDBB-F8F381F4AF30.jpeg
    CD8E76DC-7A19-43C0-BDBB-F8F381F4AF30.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 16
  • ABB90FA7-B8A4-40F4-A3EE-3EABB90AF261.jpeg
    ABB90FA7-B8A4-40F4-A3EE-3EABB90AF261.jpeg
    176.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 4EB4EA03-624C-4565-9575-0635E2DBA41F.jpeg
    4EB4EA03-624C-4565-9575-0635E2DBA41F.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 16

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I personally love the color on that one!
It's the same size as #3 and it's going to stay in the medium shade category after setting. It will be blue all the time, no question. It has a little more window and is cut slightly shallower but it won't be overt and the extinction is minimal. Most important is it a shade you love being a little lighter than the deep royal your drawn to? I'm responding to it because it's 'my color' and has a tinge of velvet. I want it :lol: but that doesn't matter. How do you feel about it?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I personally love the color on that one!
It's the same size as #3 and it's going to stay in the medium shade category after setting. It will be blue all the time, no question. It has a little more window and is cut slightly shallower but it won't be overt and the extinction is minimal. Most important is it a shade you love being a little lighter than the deep royal your drawn to? I'm responding to it because it's 'my color' and has a tinge of velvet. I want it :lol: but that doesn't matter. How do you feel about it?

Ditto all of this this. It’s a nice pick, but the downside I am guessing...I wouldn’t think of this as the deep royal blue in your inspiration piece!

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I think it has more window than I would’ve liked. This is a still from a video.

C92E7EC3-97A3-44B8-80C0-541A77BB40AE.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Can you link the video into a comment so we can see it in action?

*also in earlier comments of mine, you're drawn- not your drawn. I hate reading my own spelling mistakes and I make too many of them on this forum. :lol: Embarrassing.
I did it with except and accept before. Oy.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Can you link the video into a comment so we can see it in action?

*also in earlier comments of mine, you're drawn- not your drawn. I hate reading my own spelling mistakes and I make too many of them on this forum. :lol: Embarrassing.
I did it with except and accept before. Oy.

Video of the lighter sapphire

Royal blue sapphire

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
1: The lighter is definitely a shallower cut. It's definitely got a bit of tilt window but that may not be as much of an issue set. It isn't going to be royal.

2: #3 Definitely royal color and it is doesn't have much of a window. This is still closest to your inspiration royal. The half/half extinction is a common feature of most native cuts so unless it really bothers you it isn't a deal breaker. This is the one you felt the gut pull for. Do you still feel that way? If you do, then you know your answer. If not, we keep looking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results