shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find a natural sapphire under 2k!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I think it’s a very pretty, saturated color and a great size. There seems to be a little unevenness in color across the stone (as in some areas seem darker in certain lighting) but it definitely has a lovely presence to my eyes! What do you think, does it still sing to you? I think it would also look amazing in your inspo style!

silkystarlight

Rough_Rock
Sooo pretty, I love that color! Although I had the same thought as Cerulean... there are parts that seem dark, and I know having a dark sapphire was a big "no-no" for you, so that is my only concern.

However, if it really speaks to you, then absolutely go for it!! I know it'll look amazing in the setting ideas you had in mind. :))

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo pretty, I love that color! Although I had the same thought as Cerulean... there are parts that seem dark, and I know having a dark sapphire was a big "no-no" for you, so that is my only concern.

However, if it really speaks to you, then absolutely go for it!! I know it'll look amazing in the setting ideas you had in mind. :))

It still does, weirdly enough. As long as it doesn’t black out I think I’ll be happy.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I did reach out to him and pointed out the unevenness of the stone and asked if he has something comparable. Now we wait.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
So he said that the stone is even in color in person and there is no zoning or anything. He said he doesn’t really the see the darkness in person it just might be what the camera is picking up? What do you think? He doesn’t have any other options from me, and I’m hearing to hear back from leenagems and nishgems on ig

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
So he said that the stone is even in color in person and there is no zoning or anything. He said he doesn’t really the see the darkness in person it just might be what the camera is picking up? What do you think? He doesn’t have any other options from me, and I’m hearing to hear back from leenagems and nishgems on ig

Cameras can reflect back on the stone - it's hard to say without seeing in person. he was honest with me about weird quirks with my stone if that helps

Honestly esp given size requirements and budget - i do think it is very pretty and it seemed to strike you right away! personally i'd go with your gut, but that's just me. @lovedogs @chrono @Niel @icy_jade @ItsMainelyYou - you jump out as folks who have better hawk eyes than me...any thoughts?

this is the stone in question...

Sapphire #3 VIDEO A | VIDEO B
2.52 oval (9.10x6.8x4.72mm), royal blue, heated, clean stone, $1850

Reactions: ean

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cameras can reflect back on the stone - it's hard to say without seeing in person. he was honest with me about weird quirks with my stone if that helps

Honestly esp given size requirements and budget - i do think it is very pretty and it seemed to strike you right away! personally i'd go with your gut, but that's just me. @lovedogs @chrono @Niel @icy_jade @ItsMainelyYou - you jump out as folks who have better hawk eyes than me...any thoughts?

this is the stone in question...

Sapphire #3 VIDEO A | VIDEO B
2.52 oval (9.10x6.8x4.72mm), royal blue, heated, clean stone, $1850

Thanks for tagging me! To be honest it's not my favorite stone. The color is darker than my personal preference, and I agree there's some extinction (parts of the stone are darker than others). That said, OP has size and budget requirements that are tricky, and this stone fits all her criteria. At the end of the day, if you dont mind a darker stone then this will likely work for you. I just worry it will be too dark IRL, especially once set.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Help me find a sapphire under 2k usd. I’m thinking of having a 3 stone made with a blue sapphire as a center stone. Hoping to atleast be 9mm long. Heat treated is fine as long as it is natural. Preferably a blue that doesn’t go dark or almost black on certain lights. Doesn’t need to be perfect, as my budget is limited. Here is an inspiration photo. This sapphire in the photo is way too dark, imo. Thank you!

ECA2DE05-5633-4C49-B3A7-1676F30F0B32.jpeg

Do you happen to have access to photos of this ring, that is too dark for you, in lighting position that is somewhat similar to the IG stone you are interested in?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @lovedogs Something has to give, considering the size you want and the price. The downside is that it seems to show a lot of extinction (darkness), which might seem amplified once set.

You mentioned heated. Lab memo?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I actually liked the color on option #1 more, but it didn't seem to speak to you, so I didn't want to influence how you felt!

Sapphire #1 VIDEO A | VIDEO B
2.08 (8.7x6.88x4.5mm), royal blue, heated, clean stone $1825

@icy_jade are there other IG vendors you know of that you think would fit OPs budget

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with @lovedogs Something has to give, considering the size you want and the price. The downside is that it seems to show a lot of extinction (darkness), which might seem amplified once set.

You mentioned heated. Lab memo?

Definitely!! I wish I can shell out more, but the cost adds up with the price and setting. He’ll send it to a lab this friday, so no memo yet.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I actually liked the color on option #1 more, but it didn't seem to speak to you, so I didn't want to influence how you felt!

Sapphire #1 VIDEO A | VIDEO B
2.08 (8.7x6.88x4.5mm), royal blue, heated, clean stone $1825

@icy_jade are there other IG vendors you know of that you think would fit OPs budget

It’s just a little bit chubby for my design, personally, as I want more of an elongated look which number 3 fills. Also just realized that I kept saying I don’t want anything too dark, but really drawn to royal blue which is not many people’s cup of tea. Lol

@icy_jade But please do let me know about some more IG vendors please!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It’s just a little bit chubby for my design, personally, as I want more of an elongated look which number 3 fills. Also just realized that I kept saying I don’t want anything too dark, but really drawn to royal blue which is not many people’s cup of tea. Lol

@icy_jade But please do let me know about some more IG vendors please!

I also love royal blue and they are tricky because they can go dark. I figured that was the case for the 1st option.

I feel like - look around. If the one from gemocean is still tugging at your heart strings (would you be really bummed if it sold?) might help answer for you what you should do.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I also love royal blue and they are tricky because they can go dark. I figured that was the case for the 1st option.

I feel like - look around. If the one from gemocean is still tugging at your heart strings (would you be really bummed if it sold?) might help answer for you what you should do.

Thank you! You have been very helpful! It helps that gemocean is very helpful and not pushy at all too. He is giving me time to think and not rushing me. I find him to be knowledgeable as well.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
And here are pictures of sapphires that’s personally too dark for me and trying to stay away from.

A18E9FFC-0AED-4B8F-B3D6-9E4414BCB26E.jpeg

Attachments

• 8C3B396E-57D7-49B1-BCE8-76C1D89E978A.jpeg
    8C3B396E-57D7-49B1-BCE8-76C1D89E978A.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 11
  • A2D80320-F824-4002-B16B-64A6DE4F691F.jpeg
    A2D80320-F824-4002-B16B-64A6DE4F691F.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 11
  • 87C1EB17-474F-4D32-83A5-0AB45D0534AB.jpeg
    87C1EB17-474F-4D32-83A5-0AB45D0534AB.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 12

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly the Erstwhile one seems to have dark areas too and if that is your ideal....maybe it doesn't bug you? I think it is lovely personally but I'm picky about some things and not others...

True, I guess it doesn’t! I definitely am not as picky as other Psers that’s for sure. And I’m very realistic about what I can get for my budget.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I could never find the colour and size sapphire I could afford so I bought a Swarovski cz sterling ring, slapped it on my hand and called it a day. Maybe if I someday win the lottery...

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Stone 3: will look very close to the Barbone once set color wise. The extinction patterns seem pretty typical half and half for a native cut oval stone. It mimics the Barbone stone. It won't black out, but it will be very dark in low lighting- it's why they took pictures of the Barbone with strong light as well.

Stone 1: will be a little brighter with only a little extinction on the edges. If the shape is wrong then I think you should use the color for reference and ask to have Gemocean or whoever you contact for stones to keep an eye out, one that fits the bill will turn up.
This will be a more even performer in all light sources while still being a royal color. I think this color is closer to what you're going for because you respond to the Barbone stone while 'lit up' you want something closer to that color all the time- in CS that means you have to look for a stone 2 shades lighter(typically) to get into the range.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Stone 3: will look very close to the Barbone once set color wise. The extinction patterns seem pretty typical half and half for a native cut oval stone. It mimics the Barbone stone. It won't black out, but it will be very dark in low lighting- it's why they took pictures of the Barbone with strong light as well.

Stone 1: will be a little brighter with only a little extinction on the edges. If the shape is wrong then I think you should use the color for reference and ask to have Gemocean or whoever you contact for stones to keep an eye out, one that fits the bill will turn up.
This will be a more even performer in all light sources while still being a royal color. I think this color is closer to what you're going for because you respond to the Barbone stone while 'lit up' you want something closer to that color all the time- in CS that means you have to look for a stone 2 shades lighter(typically) to get into the range.

Very informative! Thank you!!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
No problem! CS is a game of hurry up and wait :lol: if you have a very very specific goal you want to achieve. Though, I will also advise that you have to apply a little, perfection is the enemy of good in all of your decision making. We're here to help you find something that sings to you, so don't worry:praise: it's out there.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Is this where your amazing settings come from?

Unfortunately he said the only way he'll receive payment is through a bank transfer. With shipping and bank fees it will be close to $2.2K, sigh.
If I may, XE is a currency conversion app and they have a transfer function. You need the sending party's bank info and you add them in. The upshot is that you actually pay the bank rate at the time of transfer with no fees. I have used it for a number of purchases, usually when traveling to countries with currencies that fluctuate greatly.

ean

Brilliant_Rock

If I may, XE is a currency conversion app and they have a transfer function. You need the sending party's bank info and you add them in. The upshot is that you actually pay the bank rate at the time of transfer with no fees. I have used it for a number of purchases, usually when traveling to countries with currencies that fluctuate greatly.

So will this be a usd to usd transaction? So far all of the apps or other services I’ve tried automatically converts it to rupees.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Can share the contacts but for various reasons I prefer to DM and explain some things instead of posting on www. @ean Can you contact me via the PM function on the other bag or pearl forums? Or if you have a loupetroop contact pls let me know

No, they are from Asiatique Jewellery (Wriston). I recommended Desiree as they have a large batch of heated sapphires and can get a cert from Nanyang Gem lab, so overall I think the transaction is quite reliable.

Personally I prefer not to make and seller recs if the buyer/PS-er has to take a higher degree of risk, so the ones I do rec are the ones I think are fairly safe. Like Wriston has been totally honest in my dealings with him so I’ve happily recommended him to many friends.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Forgive me @Cerulean, but can I ask what you paid for your stone? In the market for a sapphire myself at some point.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results