shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me Buy a High-Quality Diamond

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone else recommends these special cushion cuts?

The ASET in the AGS report looks very nice. Nothing left to quibble with here !

... prices - who knows ... obviously these diamodns were sourced in particular circumstances: there are several in this style on the JA list now & not all AGS000.

I imagine you have already seen this page www & found nothing quite fits the bill ...

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
About the Cushion special cuts, how can I see that the stone is an "August Vintage" one? One of the cushion diamonds you suggested is very beautiful, and I was quite surprised at the fair pricing:

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/0.96-carat-e-color-vs1-clarity-sku-3596282

Why is it so much more affordable than the others? Is it just for falling behind the 1ct mark? Anyone else recommends these special cushion cuts?

the AV stones are just very recently available on James Allen. If you search on the boards you'll find the thread. As of now, the best way to filter to find them is to filter the cut to "Ideal", the lab to "AGS" and filter the table % up to just 51 or 52% You'll notice that the stones have a very tiny table. If you open up the AGSreport on the stone above, you'll see the AV stamp on the certificate.

The pricing is as OoohShiny said. falling just under 1ct saves a lot of money with the same look as 1ct. My stone is .9ct and is often guessed to be 1ct.

you have a lot to consider! Could you as your GF mom or a sister or friend their opinion on deviating from a round brilliant? Someone that will truly tell you what they think she would like vs what they actually like. Or does she have a Pinterest page you can browse?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely adore August Vintage rounds and cushions! My ring in my avatar picture has an August Vintage Round. They should be getting in 75 new rounds any day, and I am sure there'll be a nice selection in the .75-1.25 range. Then they'll be posted online hopefully on James Allen, but if they are slow to post them, you can possibly go direct through Jonathan, the owner of the company. There are some gorgeous AV cushions already on James Allen. Truly, I think the AV stones are a little closer in style to the round idea that you were planning. The AV stones are very rare compared to modern rounds and cushions, and they are just beautifully cut and so lovely just to look at! So that is my vote!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kran
If you are still interested in an ideal cut, round, fluorescence, then stick with BGD. They will also do any setting you want. I recommend you email Leslie Harris, that is Brian's wife, she is the VP of Sales. Her email address is [email protected]
Their quality is outstanding, have worked with Lesley many times.
She is really one of the best and will help you with all the details.
Good luck.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
* * * About the Cushion special cuts, how can I see that the stone is an "August Vintage" one? One of the cushion diamonds you suggested is very beautiful, and I was quite surprised at the fair pricing:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/0.96-carat-e-color-vs1-clarity-sku-3596282

Why is it so much more affordable than the others? Is it just for falling behind the 1ct mark? Anyone else recommends these special cushion cuts?
Let me just say, Kran, that not every woman is enthusiastic about old cuts, the contemporary counterparts like the August Vintage Cushion, August Vintage Rounds, or is intrigued by step cuts. One of my nieces, for example, shunned both AVCs & AVRs, even after (at my suggestion) she and her fiancé went to Good Old Gold in Long Island to see them in person; she doesn't like, e.g., the Maltese Cross in the AVCs or the "hole in the center" of the AV stones, i.e., the open culet. So were I you, I wouldn't order an August Vintage stone -- or an Octavia -- unless you can be confident that she'll be delighted to wear such a shape and cut on a daily basis for the years to come.

Have you two done any e-ring "window shopping" or is it important to both of you that the e-ring be a complete surprise?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results