shape
carat
color
clarity

help! lost thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hallo all :)

i was looking through old threads yesterday, and found one about *plain wedding bands with 3 stone rings*. i closed the page and then couldn''t find it again. on it was a photo of a three stone ring with a 3 mm milgrain ring. i''m in the process of getting a new plain ''every day'' wedding band to go with my 3 stone ring and am agonizing over widths. i''m not sure if i want 3mm, 4mm or something in the middle, so am trying to find that old thread.

if the thread rings a bell with anyone, could they please point me in the right direction?

alternately...

if anyone has any photos of a three stone with with a 3mm or 4 mm milgrain i''d be really grateful. my three stone is not huge - 83pt in the middle with 46pt and 47pt either side. but anything would be helpful...

thanks everyone!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi lost sapphire :)

that''s not the thread...BUT! WOW! i just spent the last 45 minutes looking through it! and i have to ask...did you get your lost sapphire ring replaced? i was so sad for you to hear that it was lost! tho the diamond triple your husband bought you to ''keep your finger warm'' (your words!!) was Not Too Shabby!

i think the thread i had previously was definitely something about plain bands. the predominant sentiment was "Nothing makes me feel more married than a plain, solid wedding band." i found the thread originally when i was searching ''lucida rings''. it wasnt just a plain wedding ring thread tho - it was something about plain bands AND triples (tho i''m probably wrong on this and just having a psychotic moment at this stage)

thanks for your help - i definitely saw some good ideas there. :)

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 11:21:48 AM
Author: whitby_2773

hi lost sapphire :)

that's not the thread...BUT! WOW! i just spent the last 45 minutes looking through it! and i have to ask...did you get your lost sapphire ring replaced? i was so sad for you to hear that it was lost! tho the diamond triple your husband bought you to 'keep your finger warm' (your words!!) was Not Too Shabby!

i think the thread i had previously was definitely something about plain bands. the predominant sentiment was 'Nothing makes me feel more married than a plain, solid wedding band.' i found the thread originally when i was searching 'lucida rings'. it wasnt just a plain wedding ring thread tho - it was something about plain bands AND triples (tho i'm probably wrong on this and just having a psychotic moment at this stage)

thanks for your help - i definitely saw some good ideas there. :)

Sorry that wasn't the one...but there is a LOT of eye candy in there, huh? I LOVE 3-stone rings.

I'll look around to see if I can find that thread for you: I remember that one too, just not the title...it's got to be out there somewhere.

Yes, I did get my ring replaced (it's my avatar). Here's the link: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-lost-sapphire-has-been-found.93860/

LS

ETA: use the search button up at the top right corner: type in plain wedding band - lots of stuff comes up. Good luck!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Hi again, LostSapphire :)

your replacement engagement ring is STUNNING! just unbelievable! i was so pleased for you, got tears in my eyes when i read your thread about it and saw your new ring. :)

and - freakily enough, after looking for months and months - i saw a ring i really liked in the thread coati started about james meyer rings, left coati a message about it this morning, she got back to me immediately, and i''ve just finished emailing james meyer!

http://jamesmeyerjewelry.com/wed_bands.htm

i''ve emailed him about making me WED-B on the site above, but with no diamonds, as i LOVE the proportions. i''m not sure what width it is. coati''s is 2mm, but probably a tad narrow for my finger. depending on what he says when he gets back to me, i''m going to ask for a 3.25mm ring as per WED-B, but without the diamonds. it should go beautifully wiht my plat triple.

finally! :D (I''ve been married 25 years!)

last year for Christmas, my husband had a 1.75ct golden sapphite set between .7 diamonds, plat prongs, YG shank for me. there''s a photo of it on here somewhere... next year we''re setting my 1.12 OEC with half moons and baguettes (sort of an art deco style) and asking Leon Mege to do it. but this year we''re in the process of having my 3 stone diamond ring reset and getting a new plain band for it.

and then we''re STOPPING!!

(..and moving on to earrings...)

:D

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 12:50:14 PM
Author: whitby_2773

Hi again, LostSapphire :)

your replacement engagement ring is STUNNING! just unbelievable! i was so pleased for you, got tears in my eyes when i read your thread about it and saw your new ring. :)

and - freakily enough, after looking for months and months - i saw a ring i really liked in the thread coati started about james meyer rings, left coati a message about it this morning, she got back to me immediately, and i''ve just finished emailing james meyer!

http://jamesmeyerjewelry.com/wed_bands.htm

i''ve emailed him about making me WED-B on the site above, but with no diamonds, as i LOVE the proportions. i''m not sure what width it is. coati''s is 2mm, but probably a tad narrow for my finger. depending on what he says when he gets back to me, i''m going to ask for a 3.25mm ring as per WED-B, but without the diamonds. it should go beautifully wiht my plat triple.

finally! :D (I''ve been married 25 years!)

last year for Christmas, my husband had a 1.75ct golden sapphite set between .7 diamonds, plat prongs, YG shank for me. there''s a photo of it on here somewhere... next year we''re setting my 1.12 OEC with half moons and baguettes (sort of an art deco style) and asking Leon Mege to do it. but this year we''re in the process of having my 3 stone diamond ring reset and getting a new plain band for it.

and then we''re STOPPING!!

(..and moving on to earrings...)

:D
I just looked at the site: what a beautiful ring! Congratulations! So glad Coati''s thread helped you find it: she is a WEALTH of information!

Thank you for the compliments on my ring. It was thrilling to execute this project. I am even more pleased to once again be wearing it. I had major surgery a month and a half ago and haven''t been wearing any jewellery for a while. But it feels good to have the BLUEBERRY back on my hand. ....there''s just something about jewellery that makes a girl feel special!

Have a wonderful day. Keep us posted on your project, it sounds so exciting.

LS

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Hiya Whitby--if you get the JM band will you pretty please post it in the Show me your JM thread?
9.gif
Hope it works out!

(LS, nice to see your avatar!
30.gif
)

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
absolutely coati!

i''ve been waiting to get it all together before i put up photos of my reset 3 stone ring with its new band. it''ll go in the ''3 stone'' thread, the ''under one ct'' thread and the ''JM'' threat.

yay!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results