shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! I think my e-ring is TOO BIG!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds incredible. She''s a lucky girl. The size is awesome, IMHO!

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a 2.64ct 8.15x8.5 cushion micropave halo on sz 6 per the writeup on the non-PS web site. Google for harry winston micropave halo and you''ll find it.

IMG_1035.jpg

CLEICS

Rough_Rock
Hi firstly I think it sounds fabulous! lucky girl! but the way you are describing your feelings towards the irng and sending alarm bells ringing. If you already think it looks gaudy then maybe something isnt right. Noone knows your fiance better than you and I think I mirror an earlier comment when i say perhaps a tad smaller 1.5-1.7 with a halo? the only other thing is to take her past a few shop windows and guage her response to rings (not very subtle I know but hey it is a BIG decision) is it worth quizzing her closest friends and maybe showing them the ring?

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
I do think that there is such a thing as having too big of a ring. That size will depend on the wearer and the size of the finger. Not just a ring size, but length of finger as well as width. At a size 4 I put on a 2 carat RB, and it looked ridiculous to me. I do not have long enough fingers to carry off such a stone. My largest I can comfortably wear is about a 1 carat solitare or smaller if in a halo.

If alarm bells are going off, I would consider changing it to about 1.5 carats or so. I do think she is very lucky to have you no matter what.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
it sounds pefect. Don''t second guess yourself. Stay with what you got and she will love it.

Collee

Shiny_Rock

As others have mentioned, it is a matter of personal preference.

I originally wanted a delicate halo (Tacori 2620 or similar) for my soon-to-be 2~ct cushion but after much thought, I decided against the halo. At 5'' 2" and 100lbs, a stone of that size in a halo would IMO be too overwhelming for my smallish finger and petite frame. I know it sounds odd to consider body type but I really do think it is/should be a contributing factor.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/15/2010 8:50:37 AM
Author: HVVS
Here''s a 2.64ct 8.15x8.5 cushion micropave halo on sz 6 per the writeup on the non-PS web site. Google for harry winston micropave halo and you''ll find it.
HVVS - your ring looks perfect on your finger. Very pretty!

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Dont worry there is really no such thing ...and it sounds like EXACTLY what she wants!

dssxxxx

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 11:36:41 AM
Author: MC
My firm opinion: AND she''s going to be wearing the ring for the rest of her life.

Most, if all of us, know that is not true..............
9.gif
Not if she has a choice in the matter..........
2.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure that it won''t be too big - "diamond shrinkage syndrome" sinks in a few months after you start wearing your ring, so even if she''s blown away by the size to begin with (which she will be) it will eventually start looking more "normal" to her.

My center stone is 2 cts - at first I thought that I would never want anything bigger than 1.5 cts, but now I''m totally used to it, and though I think it looks lovely, it doesn''t look "huge" to me anymore.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that one is not mine! But thanks for the compliment. I found that pic on the Internet when looking to see what that halo style looked like, lol.
9.gif
I have RBs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results