carat
color
clarity

Help finding 1.25 carat hearts and arrows HPHT E or F color VS1 clarity stone

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.31ct D/VS1 @ $991 - 54 table, 34.9 crown, 40.6 pavilion & 62 depth

Love the proportions of this one. Should be a total firecracker. The issue being it's not H&A and appears to have some minor symmetry issues, or perhaps the video was tilted, which is what I used to take a screen shot from to analyze the symmetry closer.

If you have your own ASET and heart scopes, might be worth purchasing and having shipped loose so you can further examine at your house.

1673594086236.png

1673594111161.png

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nearly forgot about this almost extinct calculator I threw together using AGS grading charts. Lots of assumptions but it's a quick & dirty about how the proportions work.

This is for the last 1.31 only. Again, very raw.

1673594631493.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Unusual_Minimum

Rough_Rock
Nearly forgot about this almost extinct calculator I threw together using AGS grading charts. Lots of assumptions but it's a quick & dirty about how the proportions work.

1673594631493.png

Hi! Is there somewhere I can find this calculator?

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! Is there somewhere I can find this calculator?

I originally created that in Excel then converted to Google Sheets so I could share. However, as it somewhat overlapped another calculator I was asked not to push sharing which I have tried to oblige.

IMO this isn’t magic sauce, I just got tired of using the 2009 AGS proportion charts and drawing lines and circling data to show a potential expected range.

It’s a very crude and basic way to filter. At the time I created it, AGS was primarily using advanced 3D scans for most of their grading. The chart data is from the 2009 public release PDF that downloaded directly from the AGS website. The issue is you can’t fully ascertain the true cut quality of the stone from only 3 values. And on top of that the data you are entering has been rounded and averaged from a true set of actuals in accordance with each lab’s policies.

However, in fairness, unless you are getting a 3D scan like AGS used to offer (before going defunct) and uses all the diamond data, it’s all a best guess. Advanced imaging like ASET’s, hearts, etc seal the deal.

Also I have ran across the “perfect” combo on paper but was a total mess in reality, further strengthening my position that proportions are guidelines and advanced images are critical to thorough cut analysis.

If you are still searching I’d encourage you to keep posting back questions and potential candidates for additional analysis by myself and others. Also to help your odds of a diamond not being snatched out from under you I would suggest temporarily reserving strong candidates as you navigate the final decision process.

Some of my previous threads you may find interesting.

Unusual_Minimum

Rough_Rock
I originally created that in Excel then converted to Google Sheets so I could share. However, as it somewhat overlapped another calculator I was asked not to push sharing which I have tried to oblige.

*cut*
Oh wow, thank you for the thoroughly response! I ended up using these two https://charleskoll.com/pages/ideal-proportion-calculator

That made me aware of that not all my diamonds very in the ideal range, so I looked at a bunch more and are now at 8 options. 3 of them have hearts and arrows in the certificate, but some that haven't them in the certificate looks to have more prominent arrows in video... This post made me think that I might have to go with one of the h&a in the cerfiticate. I really want to hit jackpot and not have the hassle with sending back and forth since I live in Europe :/

Would love to post links and have some feedback, but I am a little hesitant to post all my links in case someone snaps one of them :-o

Reactions: Kya

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would love to post links and have some feedback, but I am a little hesitant to post all my links in case someone snaps one of them :-o

Does the vendor you are targeting allow you to place a temporary reserve so you can share the stones without fear of being “sniped” out?

Another thought. I bought my wife’s super ideal natural diamond from BGD. I got some emails about them now offering lab diamonds. They are another H&A option that I would consider.

One example…and AGS report to boot!

Unusual_Minimum

Rough_Rock
Does the vendor you are targeting allow you to place a temporary reserve so you can share the stones without fear of being “sniped” out?

Another thought. I bought my wife’s super ideal natural diamond from BGD. I got some emails about them now offering lab diamonds. They are another H&A option that I would consider.

I am buying from Adiamor because I love one of their settings, and they said no to reserving diamond :/ Wish it was possible to private message users on here!

Alybird

Shiny_Rock

I second the BGD recommendation. They have some fine looking HPHT stones at the moment with GIA *&* AGSL certs. Pricier than IGI certed stones but you can be certain of what you're getting.

I ended up purchasing a GCAL 8x this time around but those BGD stones were seriously in the running and it was a very tough decision.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am buying from Adiamor because I love one of their settings, and they said no to reserving diamond :/ Wish it was possible to private message users on here!

Can you post a link to the setting? Many are branded stuff that multiple retailers can access. For instance Vatche is a designer brand that multiple retailers carry.

Alternatively many have their own in-house stuff and we can normally find something similar. Worst case is custom design. That is what I did for my wife — her stone came from BGD and I had David Klass do the setting and matching band. While we were all in the US, all parties were spread throughout so all purchases and coordination was done online, email, texts and phone calls.

You’ve got lots of options. I’m sure we can find the best fit for you.

Unusual_Minimum

Rough_Rock
Can you post a link to the setting? Many are branded stuff that multiple retailers can access. For instance Vatche is a designer brand that multiple retailers carry.

Alternatively many have their own in-house stuff and we can normally find something similar. Worst case is custom design. That is what I did for my wife — her stone came from BGD and I had David Klass do the setting and matching band. While we were all in the US, all parties were spread throughout so all purchases and coordination was done online, email, texts and phone calls.

You’ve got lots of options. I’m sure we can find the best fit for you.

I am a liiittle embarrassed to link to it, it's the cheapest on Adiamor :bigsmile: I love a not too high cathedral setting and the sturdy band, and this one was so cheap that I could spend more of my budget on the diamond instead. My local jeweler quoted me 1200 dollar for a similar setting so it feels like a bargain! Asked them if it is always so cheap (260) and customer service said they are soon raising the prices as they have been this price for a long time.

You dont happen to have a anonymous email that I could send the links to? Don't know if that is rude or a big nono on this forum..

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a liiittle embarrassed to link to it, it's the cheapest on Adiamor :bigsmile: I love a not too high cathedral setting and the sturdy band, and this one was so cheap that I could spend more of my budget on the diamond instead. My local jeweler quoted me 1200 dollar for a similar setting so it feels like a bargain! Asked them if it is always so cheap (260) and customer service said they are soon raising the prices as they have been this price for a long time.

You dont happen to have a anonymous email that I could send the links to? Don't know if that is rude or a big nono on this forum..

I’ve been “slapped” in the past for sharing my email but I am also on loupetroop under the same name.

That setting looks like one from Vatche. It’s on sale now for $234, which appears to be a very good price. I will try to find an alternate. That said, have you considered buying the setting separately and shipping to BGD to mount the stone?

Unusual_Minimum

Rough_Rock
I’ve been “slapped” in the past for sharing my email but I am also on loupetroop under the same name.

That setting looks like one from Vatche. It’s on sale now for $234, which appears to be a very good price. I will try to find an alternate. That said, have you considered buying the setting separately and shipping to BGD to mount the stone?

I think I might have found your mail! Or someone else got a mail with diamonds links :lol:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I found a very similar setting on the BGD site that I think you will like. In fact I kind of like this one a little better. And a detail you may not have thought of yet, is you can talk with BGD and ensure they work the prongs to your preference when they set it.

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/products/kylie-7422?variant=40214858760253

Cost is $467 in 14k white, yellow or rose gold. Also available in 18k, palladium and platinum but I assume those are off the table as price is driving and the other setting price was also based on 14k variants.

I did find a 12% off coupon code that applies to BOTH the diamond + setting if you purchase them together. This knocks off about $155 total for both, which makes it almost a wash on the setting increase.

If you decide to purchase, tell Leslie that I said hi. She is Brian's wife and a total sweetheart. :cool2:

Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 7.45.02 PM.png

Unusual_Minimum

Rough_Rock
I found a very similar setting on the BGD site that I think you will like. In fact I kind of like this one a little better. And a detail you may not have thought of yet, is you can talk with BGD and ensure they work the prongs to your preference when they set it.

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/products/kylie-7422?variant=40214858760253

Cost is $467 in 14k white, yellow or rose gold. Also available in 18k, palladium and platinum but I assume those are off the table as price is driving and the other setting price was also based on 14k variants.

I did find a 12% off coupon code that applies to BOTH the diamond + setting if you purchase them together. This knocks off about $155 total for both, which makes it almost a wash on the setting increase.

If you decide to purchase, tell Leslie that I said hi. She is Brian's wife and a total sweetheart. :cool2:

Screenshot 2023-01-14 at 7.45.02 PM.png

I saw this too, and it is 150dollar for international shipping so it ends up with 1712$. It is just a lot more than my budget unfortunately :( I also have to pay additional 25% in customs too :/

Does this mean you don't think the diamonds I sent are decent?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this too, and it is 150dollar for international shipping so it ends up with 1712$. It is just a lot more than my budget unfortunately :( I also have to pay additional 25% in customs too :/

Does this mean you don't think the diamonds I sent are decent?

I would continue this conversation in your own thread so as not to take up more of Kya's thread.

Last edited:

Kya

Shiny_Rock

1673594631493.png

I’ve never seen this before, thank you for posting! I am learning a lot from this thread and almost ready to pull trigger on something - Thanks all!

Unusual_Minimum

Rough_Rock
I would continue this conversation in your own thread so as not to take up more of Kya's thread.

Oh I did not think about that, I am sorry! Will post in the other tread :)

I’ve never seen this before, thank you for posting! I am learning a lot from this thread and almost ready to pull trigger on something - Thanks all!

I am exited to see what you end up with! Is it for an engagement ring?

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Excellent point.

@Kya i owe you an apology. Unintentionally I lost track that you were the OP. I wouldn’t do that intentionally and would have ended it had I noticed before now.

Let me know what I can do to make it right with you and I will do so.

Kya

Shiny_Rock
Oh I did not think about that, I am sorry! Will post in the other tread :)

I am exited to see what you end up with! Is it for an engagement ring?

No worries ! We are all here for similar purposes and everyone on pricescope is here for each other! I hope your search is going okay!

This is actually for my mom this time. She had a ring with similar specs and lost it around 2 years ago at a pool after over 25 years of wearing it :( she has been distraught and cannot afford a natural diamond of these specs at this point but over the past few months has warmed to the idea of a lab stone as a replacement. She is taking her time pulling the trigger but is debating between 2 of the stones posted on this thread , which thankfully are still available! (One was snagged but is back somehow??!)

I aim to follow up once she purchases - thanks again to everyone who has helped with this!

Kya

Shiny_Rock
Hi All! Thanks again for all your help! So after all the back and forth and considerations… my mom is ready to go ahead and will make the purchase today.

But the one we wanted got away :(

So our second choice was this from the recommendations -

She was happy that the price was under $900 because she would be able to have more budget for her setting. However perhaps the video is not clear but , I am concerned that this will not be a super crisp vs2?

So before we go ahead with this - does anyone see any new options that were not there when we first began the search?
I will be at my phone to ensure no lurkers pounce .

Thanks!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All! Thanks again for all your help! So after all the back and forth and considerations… my mom is ready to go ahead and will make the purchase today.

But the one we wanted got away :(

So our second choice was this from the recommendations -

She was happy that the price was under $900 because she would be able to have more budget for her setting. However perhaps the video is not clear but , I am concerned that this will not be a super crisp vs2?

So before we go ahead with this - does anyone see any new options that were not there when we first began the search?
I will be at my phone to ensure no lurkers pounce .

Thanks!

I still really like the 1.35. I found these two, but there's a bit of pavilion variation. I would stick with the 1.35 if it were me.

Kya

Shiny_Rock
I still really like the 1.35. I found these two, but there's a bit of pavilion variation. I would stick with the 1.35 if it were me.

Thanks! Do you think my concerns about clarity on the 1.35 are unfounded?

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! Do you think my concerns about clarity on the 1.35 are unfounded?

IMO it's the photography and not an issue with the diamond itself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results