shape
carat
color
clarity

Help finding 1.25 carat hearts and arrows HPHT E or F color VS1 clarity stone

Kya

Shiny_Rock
Calling the experts @DejaWiz and @Kim N!

So I’ve been searching for a stone for my mom.

1.25 carat hearts and arrows HPHT E or F color VS1 clarity stone

I have been sifting through Ritani and somehow haven’t been finding any ideally proportioned hearts and arrows HPHT with no post growth treatments and feel like I am missing something!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, Kya!
What is the budget cap that you'd like to stick with?

Kya

Shiny_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you think of these?

Reactions: Kya

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Good gravy...I found ZERO diamonds with H&A that are HPHT, 56% table max, even with a $1150 cap and D-G color, VS2 or better.

Kya are you on the forum right now...I have a couple of choice diamonds that I think would be your best bet as alternatives, but I don't want to post them because of FOMO in case they get sniped.

Last edited:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found a few more.

This one states H&A.

Kya

Shiny_Rock
Good gravy...I found ZERO diamonds with H&A that are HPHT, 56% table max, even with a $1150 cap and D-G color, VS2 or better.

Kya are you on the forum right now...I have a couple of choice diamonds that I think would be your best bet as alternatives, but I don't want to post them because of FOMO in case they get sniped.

So I am not crazy for feeling as though I could not find anything!?
I’m here for the next while - Thank you so much !

Last edited:

Kya

Shiny_Rock
@Kim N , thank you for all the options you sent! May I ask - of the ones you found, which stone would you recommend the most?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I’m here for the next while!

These are CVD, but exceptionally clean and...drum roll...AGS graded! Ultra rarity for LGD

Click the triple line menu button to select from a whole slew of in-depth details:

Screenshot_20230111-210002-257.png

Last edited:

Kya

Shiny_Rock
These are CVD, but exceptionally clean and...drum roll...AGS graded! Ultra rarity for LGD

Click the triple line menu button to select from a while slew of in-depth details:

Oooooh LOVE the grading and all the information! These look incredible !

Should I be concerned about the integrity and/ or longevity of the stone due to the CVD growth process (as opposed to stones that are grown HPHT)?
For some reason HPHT felt more ‘comfort zone’ to me , although technically I do not know enough of the science to have grounds backing that feeling ….

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh LOVE the grading and all the information! These look incredible !

Should I be concerned about the integrity and/ or longevity of the stone due to the CVD growth process (as opposed to stones that are grown HPHT)?
For some reason HPHT felt more ‘comfort zone’ to me , although technically I do not know enough of the science to have grounds backing that feeling ….

No need to be concerned, whatsoever: CVD is 100% diamond, through and through.
I would absolutely place utmost trust in AGS's grading capabilities - if I were shopping with the same budget for the same carat weight, then either of these would automatically make my short list simply because AGS handled them.

...and I'm saying this as someone who prefers HPHT as one of my own most important factors when looking for diamonds to recommend (or buy for my dear wife)!

Kya

Shiny_Rock
No need to be concerned, whatsoever: CVD is 100% diamond, through and through.
I would absolutely place utmost trust in AGS's grading capabilities - if I were shopping with the same budget for the same carat weight, then either of these would automatically make my short list simply because AGS handled them.

Thank you so much for all your help! I am thrilled with the AGD grading aspect- and the actual reports !
May I ask - in this case, why do people tend to prefer HPHT ?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for all your help! I am thrilled with the AGD grading aspect- and the actual reports !
May I ask - in this case, why do people tend to prefer HPHT ?

For me personally, HPHT is a safer choice for less potential issues that arise from the growth process.
For extremely well grown CVD rough using strict QA, I would have no problem choosing such a diamond cut from said rough. I am confident that these AGS graded diamonds are representative of that.
...I don't see any growth graining, there's no brownish, brownish-pink, or grayish-yellow hue, and the cut precision is outstanding.

If you have your heart and mind set on HPHT, then stick with it - Kim N provided some beautiful options and we can keep scouring the inventory as the diamonds come and go, if nothing has captured your attention yet.

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Another point of contentment: cutters don't typically choose to send their diamonds to AGS unless they know what they have: a diamond bearing a high enough degree of cut quality to earn the quite strict Triple Zero and only Triple Zero grade. That's telling us something great.

Kya

Shiny_Rock
For me personally, HPHT is a safer choice for less potential issues that arise from the growth process.
For extremely well grown CVD rough using strict QA, I would have no problem choosing such a diamond cut from said rough. I am confident that these AGS graded diamonds are representative of that.
...I don't see any growth graining, there's no brownish, brownish-pink, or grayish-yellow hue, and the cut precision is outstanding.

If you have your heart and mind set on HPHT, then stick with it - Kim N provided some beautiful options and we can keep scouring the inventory as the diamonds come and go, if nothing has captured your attention yet.

Oh okay - so any CVD related issue can technically be detected ! It’s not that years down the line they will break along the layers they were grown or anything…

The AGS reports hold a lot of value to me. I will talk this over with my mom.

Kya

Shiny_Rock
Another point of contentment: cutters don't typically choose to send their diamonds to AGS unless they know what they have: a diamond bearing a high enough degree of cut quality to earn the quite strict Triple Zero and only Triple Zero grade. That's telling us something great.

That is super reassuring!!!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Oh okay - so any CVD related issue can technically be detected ! It’s not that years down the line they will break along the layers they were grown or anything…

The AGS reports hold a lot of value to me. I will talk this over with my mom.

Nope...there's no durability issues with CVD diamonds.
Just like any other finished diamond, they have to survive the abusive conditions of bruting, cutting, and polishing.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Click the triple line menu button to select from a whole slew of in-depth details:

Fantastic stones, DejaWiz! These look like high quality CVD for sure! The first one looks a tad cleaner to my eyes, but the second one's proportions are in the sweet spot for me.

Kya, I do personally prefer HPHT because it's closer to how natural diamonds were formed, and I like knowing for sure that there are no striations. But no worries about durability issues with CVD. If you do end up picking an HPHT, I like this one best.

Kya

Shiny_Rock
@DejaWiz , you were serious about the lurkers swooping in. While I was discussing the options with my mom, both of your suggestions were sold! No coincidence ….
lesson learned for sure- no time to think.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
@DejaWiz , you were serious about the lurkers swooping in. While I was discussing the options with my mom, both of your suggestions were sold! No coincidence ….
lesson learned for sure- no time to think.

UG! I am so sorry that happened to you! Thats the tough part with having experts like @DejaWiz and @Kim N helping, people scoop up their choices! I hope you find your perfect one!!

Kya

Shiny_Rock
UG! I am so sorry that happened to you! Thats the tough part with having experts like @DejaWiz and @Kim N helping, people scoop up their choices! I hope you find your perfect one!!

Thanks! This is giving me so much anxiety…

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Some more possibilities...some may be repeats of Kim N's earlier recommendations.

Kim N and sledge any thoughts on these?

...need to ask for video on this one.

Unusual_Minimum

Rough_Rock
Wow you guys are good diamonds seekers! So many of these unavaible already :)

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more possibilities...some may be repeats of Kim N's earlier recommendations.

Kim N and sledge any thoughts on these?

...need to ask for video on this one.

For a ring stone, I'm hesitant to recommend the ones with 40.5 pavilion. My favorite is still this one.

And this one as runner-up.

Kya

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much! Trying to process the different options and choose asap…
Your help is SO appreciated- super helpful and means a lot!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a ring stone, I'm hesitant to recommend the ones with 40.5 pavilion.

I will go one step further and say I'm hesitant to recommend a 40.6 with 42.5% depth without good images and/or video. Mathematically 40.6 pavilion equates to 42.8% depth and GIA frequently rounds to 42.5. However, when you factor in their funky averaging & rounding, this can be a sign of actuals that are lower than you may think. I know this is IGI but I'm still leery.

My favorite is still this one.

Not loving the black inclusion on the table. That would drive me bonkers and being a VS2 there is a possibility it's not eye clean. Remember, there is no industry standard for eye clean so I'd want someone to really scrutinize that stone if I was to consider.

Also I prefer a more complimentary c/p combo but I get this is a H&A stone. Plenty of 34/40.6's that work and look beautiful but I'd prefer a 35/40.6 or 34/41 which I believe will be a tad more firey. HCA showing a 0.7 and looking big for the size because of the shallow combo -- it's a little fat for the carat weight.

1673591081740.png

And this one as runner-up.

Same c/p but IMO improved because of the smaller 55 table which raised the crown height from 14.5 to 15 and should produce a tad more fire. Tracked back and saw the separate video link provided by @DejaWiz. She's a pretty nice, and I like the fat arrows. My favorite so far even if not a H&A.

1673592862962.png

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results