shape
carat
color
clarity

Help find a bag for the poor and ho-hum?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Not a solid color, but Pucci is fun!
http://www.bluefly.com/pages/products/detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2028559599&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2043743637&N=2043743637&Nao=90&Ne=500000&Ns=Popularity%7c0%7c%7cProduct%2bCode%7c1&Nu=Product+ID

Emilio Pucci
orange satin signature print mini bag

retail value: $350.00
bluefly: $280.00
bluefly: $280.00
you save 20% (in stock now)

qty: *

Emilio Pucci has created a legacy of fine craftsmanship and signature innovative design.
• Color: Orange / Black / Pink / Purple / Yellow / Mult.
• Signature print satin exterior
• Orange patent buffalo leather top strap snaps open
• Black nylon lining
• Zipper top closure with green metal pull tab
• Bag measures approximately 7'''' wide x 5'''' tall 3'''' deep
• ; ; style #2033303

prodImage.jpg

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Not to hijack TG's thread, but would this bag below be considered "fashionable" enough to be worth the price? The b-bag thread made me think about the goatskin bags and when the Viga Spiga bag that is sold out got posted I had to look. I love teal so the color would be right up my alley. Its Viga Spiga $168 on Bluefly.com. I've never owned a bag that cost over $50 so this would be majorly different for me.

vigaspigateal.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 12:56:28 PM
Author: IslandDreams
Not to hijack TG''s thread, but would this bag below be considered ''fashionable'' enough to be worth the price? The b-bag thread made me think about the goatskin bags and when the Viga Spiga bag that is sold out got posted I had to look. I love teal so the color would be right up my alley. Its Viga Spiga $168 on Bluefly.com. I''ve never owned a bag that cost over $50 so this would be majorly different for me.

I posted that bag too ... for TG to consider. And I think it''s a nice mix of "fashion" and "classic" ... it''s not full of tassles & doo-hickeys ... and the color seems very wearable. Enough of a contrast to blue jeans NOT to seem like you''re trying to "match" ya know?!!?

It''s CLEARLY inspired by Balenciga Bags ...

in shape (Twiggy meets Box)
color (very like Blue India)
material (goatskin)
&
detail (corner decorative leather overlays & studs - equestrian/motorcycle)

I admire it so much it made me want to scratch the B-bag itch with a 10x less alternative. Just not bag shopping right now myself. But if I was gonna buy one ... this or the other flat goatskin Via Spiga with the chevron pattern .. would be top of my list!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol i love how all the bags posted are somehow compared to b-bags now. ''it''s OBVIOUSLY b-bag inspired'' with the list of how..hee hee. an epidemic i tell ya!!

i actually don''t love that blue bag posted. it looks kind of like a weird boxy thing. but that''s because i am in love with the BI day. hehe. goatskin. for me i would not want an imitation or something trying to look like something else. i''d want something entirely unique. but i''m a weirdo.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
ID: i really like that bag and if you are a teal lover...

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Some cute Via Spiga bags from their site (sorry, don't know how to post more than one photo at a time):

ALEXIS

suggested retail price $240
Distressed bomber leather bag with shearling trim and top zip. Antiqued hardware, front zip pocket and two front flap pockets with magnetic closer. Inside zipper and accessory pockets.
15 1/2"L X 4"D X 7"H
STRAP DROP: 11"

Alexis-35258-gray-2pa.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 1:08:18 PM
Author: Mara
for me i would not want an imitation or something trying to look like something else. i''d want something entirely unique. but i''m a weirdo.
Tell that to all the Superbcert Tiffany Style solitare owners ... or the Whiteflash Halo gals ... or Circle Pendent wearers of the non-designer original variety.
31.gif

IMO there''s a HUGE difference between "inspired" and "imitation" ... IMITATION is fakie Louis Vuittons with the logs all over them on Canal Street.

INSPIRED is what happens with ALL design/fashion. Including the greatest works of art/architecture etc. Do you REALLY think Balenciga invented the motorcycle bag?
2.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
EMMA

suggested retail price $295

North/south double handled bag of tumbled calf w/belted straps and outside pocket detail. Top zip with inside accessory pockets. Antique brass hardware.
12"L X 6"D X 12"H
Strap drop: 9"

ETA: This is probably too big though for what you're looking for ...

Emma-35350-brown-2pa.jpg

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
JESSICA

suggested retail price $260

Grainy calfskin with antique brass hardware and two front zipper pockets. Top zip with inside zipper and accessory pockets.
16"L X 3"D X 6"H
Strap drop: 8".

Jessica-35308-brown-2pa.jpg

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Samantha Satchel | suggested retail price $375

Glazed calfskin with croco accents, stud detail and fringe zip pull. Inside zipper and accessory pockets.
18"L X 5"D X 8"H
Strap drop: 6".

Samantha-35272-black-2pa.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
ID, when Deco posted that bag last night, I thought it was simple enough and I might go for it. I think Deco''s on target with what I am looking for. But there was another link she showed with that bag in a tannish, orange color where it was a body shot. The bag was too big for me, and also looked pretty different in shape that the blue one shows. More slouchy.

I think it''s a nice bag, and personally I just see it for what it is...not bbag inspired, or otherwise. A bag is a bag (I know, heresy) and as long as it isn''t an imitiation, it''s original to me.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 1:27:17 PM
Author: ellaila
JESSICA

suggested retail price $260

Grainy calfskin with antique brass hardware and two front zipper pockets. Top zip with inside zipper and accessory pockets.
16''L X 3''D X 6''H
Strap drop: 8''.
Thanks ellaila. I do like the brown bags I''ve been seeing over the black ones. Food for thought.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 1:38:33 PM
Author: TravelingGal
But there was another link she showed with that bag in a tannish, orange color where it was a body shot. The bag was too big for me, and also looked pretty different in shape that the blue one shows. More slouchy.
Here''s the photo I *think* you''re talking about! The bag is also avail on Zappos in "tan" for about the same price as the blue on - heh - Bluefly.
3.gif

tanonbody.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s the one Deco! Yeah, that bag gives slightly different measurements than the blue, but I think it''s the same. My wallet is just slightly bigger than the size of a credit card. I''d never find it in a big bag!

You would really write me off if I got a fanny pack? Muahahahaha...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe i like the brown bags big time in this thread. i''m such a brown girl. literally.

deco, it''s not about what is absolutely original since you''re right, nothing is anymore, but to see the b-bag craze going on, and then see the ''inspired by''...it''s just like okay whateva! hehee. talk to the tassels.
3.gif
i''m forever ruined. *sob*

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 1:49:47 PM
Author: Mara
to see the b-bag craze going on, and then see the 'inspired by'...it's just like okay whateva! hehee. talk to the tassels.
3.gif
i'm forever ruined. *sob*
I'm certainly not trying to *cough* STEAL ANYONE'S THUNDER (hee hee) because we all know THUNDER lasts for at LEAST two months.
2.gif

But not *everyone* can and/or is willing to plunk down $800+ for a handbag ... it's nice for *the rest of us* to see that there ARE fun, yummy, buttery, veiny options out there at all price points. They might not come with the same cache or celeb connotations or SUPERIOR yumminess of the designer originals ... but ... we'll live.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 2:00:14 PM
Author: decodelighted

But not *everyone* can and/or is willing to plunk down $800+ for a handbag ... it's nice for *the rest of us* to see that there ARE fun, yummy, buttery, veiny options out there at all price points. They might not come with the same cache or celeb connotations or SUPERIOR yumminess of the designer originals ... but ... we'll live.
1.gif
good point! i'll just stop contributing here.
2.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Deco & TG...Thanks for remembering & posting the body picture. I didn''t realize that the tan one posted was basically the same bag as the teal one. That size would work for me...it''s a bit bigger but not as big as the B-bags on the other thread. There is just no way I can plunk down $800 for a bag. Heck, I''m sitting here debating on the $168. Is this bag likely to be that much better than the $39.99 ones I own now? What makes the difference? Is it better made or am I paying just for a name?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 2:05:30 PM
Is this bag likely to be that much better than the $39.99 ones I own now? What makes the difference? Is it better made or am I paying just for a name?
Though I haven''t seen this bag in person ... from other Via Spiga stuff I''ve seen I''d *guess* that the bag is made from a more luxurious leather than most of the $39 versions .. has more even stitching ... is lined with a higher quality fabric ... and uses more substantial hardware.

It''s not "night & day" .. but def an upgrade. Bluefly does have a great return policy (or at least they did last time I ordered - a couple years ago). If you don''t feel like it''s worth it when you get it: return-sky??

If you decide to go for it ... you might wanna google around for coupon codes & see if there are any free shipping or percentage off codes for Bluefly. They have them often.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 2:05:30 PM
Deco & TG...Thanks for remembering & posting the body picture. I didn''t realize that the tan one posted was basically the same bag as the teal one. That size would work for me...it''s a bit bigger but not as big as the B-bags on the other thread. There is just no way I can plunk down $800 for a bag. Heck, I''m sitting here debating on the $168. Is this bag likely to be that much better than the $39.99 ones I own now? What makes the difference? Is it better made or am I paying just for a name?
ID, my guess is that you are paying for a name, to SOME degree. So are the ladies on the bbag thread, or anyone who buys a designer bag. Many may disagree, but I think while the bags certainly are of better quality (read my note on my new/old prada bag find), I can''t fathom that that bag itself is worth the money. You pay for marketing, chi-chi stores, etc. For many women, bags are kind of like watches for men: status symbols.

That being said, what are the 39.99 ones you own now? Are they REALLY 39.99 bags, or better quality ones that you found at bargain stores like TJMaxx but didn''t pay full prices? I think there would be a difference between a real 39.99 bag and some of the ones that the ladies are posting.

Hey Mara, please do contribute...your bbag thread is fun, but it''s like mars over there for me (no offense) and we can always use your good eye over here.

And since we are off tangent anyway, I''d have a hard time carrying a really really designer bag. I felt that way with that prada I had, but it was so not glam and pretty inconspicuous. I''m not quite sure why I feel that way. Maybe because Korean women are such label mongers and it kind of made me roll my eyes that so many of my acquaintances would buy expensive stuff without having the money. Even though I have a great job and make good money, I prefer people think that I am a bum.
9.gif
Hehehehe.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! One more thing. I don''t know where you live, TG, but it''s definitely worth checking out Marshalls, TJ Maxx (or their new store The Maxx, which is just shoes, accessories, handbags, etc.), and Filene''s Basement if you''ve got any nearby. A *good* Filene''s Basement has Coach, Kenneth Cole, and other nice bags for less money. And I''ve gotten two great bags at Marshalls recently -- one Via Spiga and one Franco Sarto, both for less than $70! If you find a store like this in a more expensive neighborhood, they tend to have more high-end brands, and you can really score!

Oh also just saw this by Franklin Covey, which I think is really cute! And the description is basically exactly what you said:

PROUDLY PETITE
What this leather mini lacks in size it makes up for in attitude, whether heading to lunch or a night on the town. Holds a small wallet, phone, keys, and lip gloss. Decorative leather stitching.
Interior Zipper Pocket
Zipper Closure
Tote Dimensions: 9" W x 5.5" H x 2.5" D
Strap drop length: 10"
$49.95

31900_med.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, I am a big TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross and Loehman''s shopper. I rarely shop at department stores because I am a major bargain hunter (although there are certainly deals to be found there too)! I have a purse similar to that one you just posted, so I definitely think it is cute! But mine is not leather (I don''t think) so I am definitely looking for an upgrade there.

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE a bargain. My husband is continually amazed at the deals I get. And sometimes I''ll ask for a deal when others don''t think to. I used to HATE it when my mother did this (I always paid what the salesperson asked when I was younger), but there must be some of that Korean bargaining gene in me, because now I am polite and ask once (I''m not a haggler though). I find out that it doesn''t hurt to ask once, and more often than not people will oblige you. I have found out that they never hit ya, so that is good. Everything else I can live with.

The funniest thing is that my frugality ends with me. When it comes to others, I don''t even look at price tags. But that comes from hating to shop, so if I find something for someone, I could care less about the price.

But speaking of department stores and bargains (or lack thereof), we have some returns at Macys from our wedding and TGuy said I should spend it on myself, which I thought was nice of him. I still may just buy household stuff, but it may be worth a look. Buying with giftcards is so much more fun.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Tg--Thanks for starting this thread. My husband will be excited to hear that I just bought the most expensive purse of my life. I''m going to tell him you inspired it :)

I decided to try the teal bag I posted. Like Deco said bluefly has a good return policy and I did find a coupon. We''ll see how it compares to my $39.99 purses. Some of which are good buys from places like TJMAXX or Marshalls. Others well, the one I have now is from JCPenny and it''s not even leather vinyl and cost $19.99 (***ducks and hides head in shame of those who would never carry a vinyl purse!) Oddly enough though I get a pretty good number of compliments on it.

I think the designer trend on purses really depends where you live. I''m pretty sure I have never seen a b-bag in my area. I asked my most fashionable friends and they''ve never seen one either. I still love the Blue India color of the b-bags in the other thread, but I''m just going to have live vicariously through Mara when she gets hers.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 3:00:08 PM
Tg--Thanks for starting this thread. My husband will be excited to hear that I just bought the most expensive purse of my life. I'm going to tell him you inspired it :)

I decided to try the teal bag I posted. Like Deco said bluefly has a good return policy and I did find a coupon. We'll see how it compares to my $39.99 purses. Some of which are good buys from places like TJMAXX or Marshalls. Others well, the one I have now is from JCPenny and it's not even leather vinyl and cost $19.99 (***ducks and hides head in shame of those who would never carry a vinyl purse!) Oddly enough though I get a pretty good number of compliments on it.

I think the designer trend on purses really depends where you live. I'm pretty sure I have never seen a b-bag in my area. I asked my most fashionable friends and they've never seen one either. I still love the Blue India color of the b-bags in the other thread, but I'm just going to have live vicariously through Mara when she gets hers.
Hey don't blame me! I never inspire anyone to get anything!

It seems it will be an upgrade.

The only thing I notice when I go over to my friend's homes who have lots of money is we drink nice wine!
1.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2006 3:09:08 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 11/15/2006 3:00:08 PM
Tg--Thanks for starting this thread. My husband will be excited to hear that I just bought the most expensive purse of my life. I'm going to tell him you inspired it :)

I decided to try the teal bag I posted. Like Deco said bluefly has a good return policy and I did find a coupon. We'll see how it compares to my $39.99 purses. Some of which are good buys from places like TJMAXX or Marshalls. Others well, the one I have now is from JCPenny and it's not even leather vinyl and cost $19.99 (***ducks and hides head in shame of those who would never carry a vinyl purse!) Oddly enough though I get a pretty good number of compliments on it.

I think the designer trend on purses really depends where you live. I'm pretty sure I have never seen a b-bag in my area. I asked my most fashionable friends and they've never seen one either. I still love the Blue India color of the b-bags in the other thread, but I'm just going to have live vicariously through Mara when she gets hers.
Hey don't blame me! I never inspire anyone to get anything!

It seems it will be an upgrade.

The only thing I notice when I go over to my friend's homes who have lots of money is we drink nice wine!
1.gif
Isn't it good to be inspring :)

I just typed in bluefly coupons and there were lots of websites that had them listed. I looked for the most amount off. I had to try a few on the bluefly website because some of them didn't work.

Funny, I still can't tell the difference between cheap wine and the good stuff. I guess that's good because I'm happy with a $5.99 bottle or Pinot Grigio etc. Red wine gives me headaches so I'm strictly a white wine drinker. I think the differences between the cheap wine and the good wine are more apparent in the reds.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
TG--I feel really badly. I missed the entire page 2 of the thread and didn''t realize you were considering the teal Viga Spiga bag. I went back and checked it on line and now it is not available. I really didn''t mean to swipe it out from under you. Let me know if you really wanted it and we could work something out.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
ID, the thing about wine that is most important is drink what you like. I think any wine expert would say that!

And please, no worries about that bag! I''m glad you got it. Deco was on the hunt for me last night and I knew that a lot of the goodies she was finding were sale items with limited quantities - so I had to move fast. I had already decided that the teal bag was too big for me, hence why it was there this morning. That is very sweet of you to say what you did though. But hey, public forum, first come, first served!
2.gif

Let us know if you like it!!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
These may not be your taste at all, but I think they''re really cute. Maybe someone would like these. Some are retro classic and some funky and colorful. There is an inexpensive little clutch that looks classic in black to me. I have always been so "simple, classic, elegant" and lately I''m loving colorful, funky things! Must be midlife or something! LOL

http://www.laylagrayce.com/SearchResultWomen.aspx?CategoryID=634&view=all

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Didn''t even think of BR lawmax...they have some nice conservative bags. Oh, I just love those browns!

Went for a look today and saw a bag that caught my eye, but I am going to wait. It was RED. Talk about not sticking to what I was looking for. But red goes with lots of things! I love red. It was a Moschino bag, which I have vaguely heard of the name. Boy was it expensive, but fortunately it was not full price. I am going to wait on it though, and see if it creeps back into my psyche. It was part of the "cheap and chic" line. I was like what? That ain''t cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results