shape
carat
color
clarity

Help find a bag for the poor and ho-hum?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
KD, that is a fun bag! I am going to have to go to a better Nordie''s than the one by my house...that one is so ghetto.

HOWEVER...

I am now carrying a $600 bag.
23.gif
And no one paid I know (including myself) paid one red cent to get it. It''s not normally my style, but ironically pretty much exactly what I was looking for in a way. It totally fell into my lap! More later............................
9.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/25/2006 5:40:11 PM
Author: TravelingGal
23.gif
And no one paid I know (including myself) paid one red cent to get it. It''s not normally my style, but ironically pretty much exactly what I was looking for in a way. It totally fell into my lap! More later............................
9.gif
TEASE!
3.gif
Details and pics, please!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2006 2:34:44 AM
Author: KristyDarling

Date: 11/25/2006 5:40:11 PM
Author: TravelingGal
23.gif
9.gif
TEASE!
3.gif
Details and pics, please!
DITTO.

*looks up and into the sky, any b-bags falling into MY lap anytime soon? darn....i don''t see a thing!!!*
3.gif

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
TravelingGal, I''m late, but I''m glad you found your bag! $600 but at zero cost to you? WOW! I can''t wait to see what your new bag looks like!
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Girl ... I''ll echo the cry for DETAILS!!!

But in the meantime ... just in case ... I found this for $200 ... which comes in several color combos ... and the Sundance Catalog had some leather bags that seemed up your alley ... as well as funky fab JEWELRY. I think I am in love with the buyer over there.
6.gif
Why must x-mas shopping awaken the ME ME ME ME monster inside.
20.gif
??

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, didn't mean to tease! I just have to find the camera and I am being lazy about transferring the files to my computer. I will do it tomorrow when there is better light.

But I will be happy to let you know how this bag ended up in my lap. I was hanging out with my mother over the weekend and she asked me what I wanted for my birthday this week. I told her "please don't ask" as I was still trying to find an answer for my husband. Then I did mention I was trying to find a decent purse to carry for when I had meetings for work, but I couldn't find anything that I'd want to pay good money for.

Her eyes lit up and she asked if I wanted a purse she had. A purse that I had TOTALLY forgotten about....

Over 2.5 years ago, my brother got married. It's common Korean tradition for the brides family to give the grooms family gifts. My brother's MIL (who I have only met at his wedding) bought both me and my mother a purse. Mine was a BCBG leather tote, which I returned as it was so heavy, and bought some clothes instead.

My mother's purse was very flashy...with the designer's name all over it. My mother is VERY down to earth and she hated the purse. So I took her down to Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills to the shop and we chose something much less flashy and basic. I didn't think much of the purse back then, but agreed it was the best style for my mother.

So she tells me she has carried the purse twice in 2.5 years and just wasn't into it, The brand seemed at that time to be a bit mature for me, but hey, I'm nearly three years older now...maybe I can wear a more mature purse now? Hehehehe. I looked at the purse and it grew on me (after all, I did help my mother pick it out). It is obviously still brand new and looks pretty timeless. It's black, somewhat small (although bigger than what I was looking for), very light and comfortable to wear. It was one of the more reasonably priced purses in this store....my mother still has a $300 credit as this purse was cheaper than the one we returned.

And that is how I came to hold a purse way more expensive than I would ever care to own. I feel lucky and think maybe karma is being nice to me. Now I can go buy a cheap, fun red purse for every day wear!
3.gif

I promise to take pics of the bag manana. Thanks to all that posted on this thread...I am excited that I don't have to find something as sensible anymore. Hehehehe.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Can't wait for the pictures, TG! It sounds great!

Well, speaking of older bags...I just found this website (there are probably a zillion others) and spent an hour looking at and reading about vintage bags. OH DEAR!!! I hope I haven't discovered a new obsession!
23.gif

http://www.vintage-instyle.com/index.html

Some are classic...lots of genuine reptile bags...and some are funky.

Don't laugh, but I am actually tempted to buy this funky one...at least my grandkids might get a kick out of it someday...I'm sure they've never even seen a dial telephone! LOL...what do you think?
2.gif

widget

high_tek_s.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget...that bag cracks me up. Not sure if I like it, but it is a conversation piece for sure!

Well, I have taken a photo of the bag. Back in the beginning of the thread, Mara said:

Date: 11/14/2006 5:21:47 PM
Author: Mara
i could totally see you with a classic black kate spade (the nylon line) or a classic coach (not signature)...just something super simple and basic that fits your needs and your wardrobe (and fabu ring set and watch of course!).
Well, that is what I think this bag is. I like texture, hardware, and color in bags, but not all three going all the same time in a big way. I think this bag has texture, and refined silver hardware that works. It's about 11 inches long, 5.5 inches high, and 2 inches deep. Not my style, but still my style somehow. (I'm not as classic and understated as Mara thinks. heehee.

Here it is...a Salvatore Ferragamo something-rather-idunnowhatitis-bag!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops, didn''t attach........

IMG_1940asdfjlki.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this bag! And the fact that you got if for "free"--WOW!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
AHHH! I love it! And the BEST part is ... basics are covered ... Time to pah-tay!

RED RED RED RED!
31.gif
11.gif
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 5:00:15 PM
Author: decodelighted
AHHH! I love it! And the BEST part is ... basics are covered ... Time to pah-tay!

RED RED RED RED!
31.gif
11.gif
9.gif
Thanks ladies...I love the free part best...and the fact that I didn''t have go shopping this time of year at a retail store!

Yup, all bet''s are off...parrrrrrrrrrrrtay! Red and fun is what I can spend my money on now! But it still has to be light. Over the weekend a chiropractor friend of mine checked me out and said I "needed a lot of work."
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results