shape
carat
color
clarity

Help deciding on this OMC??

bee24

Rough_Rock
Hello! I’ve been on a hunt for a new ring (3 stone OEC initially but have expanded to other ideas) but I’ve come across this OMC. I think it’s lovely. I can seen it’s worn on the girdle which I think is pretty typical for antique cuts. The very shows a chip and a cavity which worries me. I was not planning a bezel but prong setting…So PS experts, do you think this is a good stone? I’ll try to add a video!
IMG_0779.jpeg IMG_0784.jpeg IMG_0783.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0786.jpeg
    IMG_0786.jpeg
    715.4 KB · Views: 43

bee24

Rough_Rock
Hello! I’ve been on a hunt for a new ring (3 stone OEC initially but have expanded to other ideas) but I’ve come across this OMC. I think it’s lovely. I can seen it’s worn on the girdle which I think is pretty typical for antique cuts. The very shows a chip and a cavity which worries me. I was not planning a bezel but prong setting…So PS experts, do you think this is a good stone? I’ll try to add a video!
IMG_0779.jpeg IMG_0784.jpeg IMG_0783.jpeg
Here is a video.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I saw those posted yesterday. The batch was lovely! I wouldn't not worry with a vs2.

I really like the stone a lot personally. I think you would just need to make sure the setter is aware of the girdle and they can work to protect it. What about a faux bezel with tiny prongs? CvB does a lot of those and they protect as well as still give the prong look.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
That's a killer *chef's kiss* OMC.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
I am so jealous hahaha. This stone faces up larger than my 3.6ct. And the faceting is quite pretty! You definitely have a winner there.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me to the list of admirers! I think it's beautiful.

bee24

Rough_Rock
I saw those posted yesterday. The batch was lovely! I wouldn't not worry with a vs2.

I really like the stone a lot personally. I think you would just need to make sure the setter is aware of the girdle and they can work to protect it. What about a faux bezel with tiny prongs? CvB does a lot of those and they protect as well as still give the prong look.

I am so jealous hahaha. This stone faces up larger than my 3.6ct. And the faceting is quite pretty! You definitely have a winner there.

I’m pretty excited but such a big purchase makes me nervous! I asked for additional pictures/videos and just wanted to double check that there is no “fish eye”. Any thoughts? I can post the videos if that’s helpful.
IMG_0821.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0820.jpeg
    IMG_0820.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 9

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I don't see any fish eye. Jocelyn also offers a three day return. If I was in the market for that size and color, this one would absolutely be on my list. I think it's a beauty.

ETA:

I think you are likely seeing a combination of factors from the camera, the close up, etc. I would bet it's a winner in person.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
If you want a three stone, the sides on this look like they have promise. And they have a good return policy. You could scrap the band and the center would be something you could resell or do a simple pendant.

This ratio would let the center be the focus.

Lschneids01

Rough_Rock
Here is a video.

@bee24 I think it’s a great purchase and worth it! It’s a gorgeous stone. Lately, I have been getting into the old mine/European cut stones and researching them. I bought a moissanite old mine champagne cushion cut stone and still waiting for it to arrive because I have never owned a warmer colored stone in my life yet and wanted to see if I like the old mine cuts. I love yours though and enjoy it!

bee24

Rough_Rock
If you want a three stone, the sides on this look like they have promise. And they have a good return policy. You could scrap the band and the center would be something you could resell or do a simple pendant.

Oh that’s a great option thank you! Jocelyn said she may have some side stones that would match but they would have to be in

Oh that’s a great option, thank you! Jocelyn said she may have some side stones that would match but they are currently set in a different ring so she wasn’t sure. Could you see OEC side stones with a OMC center stone? I have been drawn to OECs more but when I saw this OMC posted I thought it was perfect! But now wondering if I could do both cuts in one ring…

bee24

Rough_Rock
I don't see any fish eye. Jocelyn also offers a three day return. If I was in the market for that size and color, this one would absolutely be on my list. I think it's a beauty.

ETA:

I think you are likely seeing a combination of factors from the camera, the close up, etc. I would bet it's a winner in person.

Thank you for the link! Yes, I think I’m seeing reflection/camera angle.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Oh that’s a great option thank you! Jocelyn said she may have some side stones that would match but they would have to be in

Oh that’s a great option, thank you! Jocelyn said she may have some side stones that would match but they are currently set in a different ring so she wasn’t sure. Could you see OEC side stones with a OMC center stone? I have been drawn to OECs more but when I saw this OMC posted I thought it was perfect! But now wondering if I could do both cuts in one ring…

I think you could, but it depends on your tolerance for shape matching. I don't mind the slightly off round, but you might? I think the Pawn America is a really good return policy and you could see if you like it all in person together, both color and cut.

You can also ask Jocelyn to try to put together matching options for you. Certain vendors can also source stones. I have asked David Klass to source a matching baby OEC before as well, so whomever does your setting may be able to help.

The stone you are considering/purchased is an OMC, and it is a bit more rounded on the edges, but I think the shapes would still work in that Pawn America setting. Less sure if you like the color and pattern match, because the pictures kind of stink!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I see it’s pending - did you buy it?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
How big are you thinking for the side stones?

bee24

Rough_Rock
How big are you thinking for the side stones?

I am not sure yet! This stone is bigger than I was originally looking for but it was just so gorgeous and felt like a very reasonable price for the size! I’m hoping Jocelyn will be able to take pictures of her potential side stones with the center to get a feel and see if they match. I do want it wearable as I plan to wear it everyday. I was originally looking for a 2ct center and .75 sides (give or take) but I think I may want smaller side stones now and just let the center shine and so it’s wearable for my lifestyle. I love your 3 stone.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah with that honker I’d personally do really small side stones, first because aesthetically I love the look of small sides with a really big rock and second for practical purposes. I don’t know how often you plan to wear it and what your lifestyle is like but even .70s with that big a center is a lot of ring. I’d pair this amazing rock with .30s and I’d do oecs. The contrast in size would make the big rock look even bigger!

bee24

Rough_Rock
I was thinking about doing small OECs for the side stones but wasn’t sure how it would look. I’m glad you think it will look good! I plan to wear it every day as it is replacing my wedding ring. Hopefully I don’t end up thinking it’s too big?!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
So excited for you! Please post pics once you get the stone.

bee24

Rough_Rock
So excited for you! Please post pics once you get the stone.
Thank you! I’m very excited and shocked because I have never bought something like this for myself. I’ll need all the advice on settings/side stones!
Also, I feel I should clarify that I am “buying” it and have not totally paid for it yet. However, I will by the weekend/next week so I will hopefully have it in a week or two and will definitely take all the pictures/videos.

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock

I’m so excited to see what you end up doing!!! I was also drawn to OEC’s and just purchased an OMC a few weeks ago instead! I haven’t seen in person, I got it from Alex Park. We are working on the setting now. I think old cuts look lovely together, even if different shapes. I personally don’t like modern cuts combined with the old cuts unless tiny pave. If it’s helpful, I’m going with 18k unpolished/raw white gold. Alex said it’s perfect for the antique stones and helps them not contrast as much with the metal which I personally am not big on (like with plated wg), or turn more yellow (with yellow gold).

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ring is an 8mm center with 4.3mm sides and it is totally wearable. Very comfortable to wear and can be worn with basically anything. Your center is about 1mm bigger which is a huge difference in diamond land but in reality 1mm is very small, like compared to normal size things and not these little tiny jewels we are obsessed with! So especially if you go with smaller sides it will be super blingy and also super wearable IMO.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results