shape
carat
color
clarity

Help arcticcatmatt buy a 1 carat princess cut

arcticcatmatt

Shiny_Rock
Now the moment you have been waiting for. We hike up a hard section to the top of a cliff.. there is a family of 3 there looking at the view. I keep us walking to get away from them (I couldn't believe someone else was out there!). We went down and up a bit and I found the perfect spot. The wind was blowing good, view was great, noise was spectacular, and as soon as she seen the view she was just saying Wow honey look at this!!! This is so great! I said why don't you take a panaramic video left to right of the view while your standing up there. She said ok.. I was nervous! I messed up and didn't put the camera on video, I put it on picture mode. I told her to hit the button once to start the video and once to stop it. She hit it once to start the "video" and it took this picture.
103_7220.jpg
She is panning and says "when can I stop the video"
I get on my knee, open the box, and wait for her to get around to me. She sees me in the bottom of the frame on the camera, looks down with the camera.. pauses.. says "WHAT!!?? WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! (lots of laughing)" . I say now you can stop the video" and she clicks the button on what I thought was a video, and of course it takes a photo of me.

I assure you. This was NOT staged, but the photo makes it looks it. Its perfect. I figured it was just a video.
I stand up and say "Nope. Not kidding. <small kiss>. I love you Loryn. You are the woman of my dreams. I wish I started dating you long ago. I don't know what I did without you and I don't want to ever be without you again. <i kneel down again>.. Will you marry me?".. She utters a very calm "Yes.".. Yahoo!! we got sappy and lots of laughs.. she had NO idea and was going nuts over the ring and how beautiful it was. Now for the strange part.
There were no birds around. Just after she says yes.. a seagull comes in and lands behind her.. we stop moving and are very quiet so we can snap some photos. She looks at it and asks "is there something you know that we don't?" and the bird twists its head. We figured maybe it was our grandparents that are no longer with us.. who knows but that thing stood there just watching us.

The family of 3 that were on the other overlook walked by while I was ending the proposal I guess! LOL. We sat there a few mins and 2 teens walked by. I asked them to take our photo.

to be continued in a moment..

103_7221.jpg

103_7228.jpg

lorynseagull.jpg

103_7231.jpg

arcticcatmatt

Shiny_Rock
We sit there and drink our bottle of wine in the cliff edge :bigsmile:
We head back another trail towards town and go into a museum and light house and look around. We walk down into town and eat lunch. After a couple hours she says "Honey I want to grab a couple beers and head back out to that spot and drink them!!".. I love it. She can't get enough. We buy a couple beers and head out

Happy girl!

Proposal spot.. she is sitting there taking it all in so I walked away and took a photo.

Then I sat for a bit

proposal1_0.jpg
To be continued in a moment..

103_7241.jpg

103_7260.jpg

103_7266.jpg

103_7278.jpg

arcticcatmatt

Shiny_Rock
We sat out there chit chatting and laughing till dark like a couple of kids.. started hiking back

And the rest is more exploring and what not..We left in the morning and went back to mainland and headed 2.5 hrs north to Acadia where we camped for 3 nights and hikes mountains and more cliffs. Great vacation we will remember forever. I took a picture of the ring on her hand while we were in Acadia.

Thats it folks! That just took me 1.5 hrs to type up while she fell asleep on the couch so I hope you all enjoyed it. If a moderator reads this could they please change the title to "Help me with round engagement ring-includes proposal". THANK YOU!!

Thank you all for helping me with this and thank you to James Allen.com for rushing this and being so helpful. I could not have done it without them and without the sales people. :bigsmile:

103_7281.jpg

103_7394.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll have to keep a look out for that Bengali Tiger beer.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Matt--

What a great guy you are!! She'll never forget this moment nor will you!! Many thanks for sharing your beautiful journey--loved the photographs, love her beautiful ring!! :love: :love: Congratulations to you both!! :appl: :appl:
sarahb

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful photos!!!

Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I love dramatic scenery so I couldn't imagine a more romantic setting than the one you chose for your proposal. I'm glad it all went so well - you look a lot more relaxed in the after proposal shots! The ring looks gorgeous.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
You came to Maine!!! :appl: I live in the mid coast area you visited and recognize so much of the scenery! Such a beautiful place to propose and you are both so adorable! The ring is gorgeous and you both look so fantastically happy! Congrats to you both!

arcticcatmatt

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for taking the time to reply and I am glad you liked it!

We will go back to Maine someday for sure and explore some more! We would love to a moose (with a bow and arrow!)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the ring!! But.... are you talking about KILLING a moose?! Pls no!

arcticcatmatt

Shiny_Rock
She is gone. She moved out yesterday. 2 days after I got my tonsils taken out (btw adult tonsillectomy is huge pain!!). We had some problems that apparently she thought the only way out was to run away and move 4 hrs away. Said she might go to africa to find water for villages or something.

At this point she isn't even speaking to me. I see she has been applying for jobs in our hometown for over a week now.. she knew she was leaving.

Guess I have to sell the ring. I have the worst luck in the world.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arcticcatmatt|1386708627|3571462 said:
She is gone. She moved out yesterday. 2 days after I got my tonsils taken out (btw adult tonsillectomy is huge pain!!). We had some problems that apparently she thought the only way out was to run away and move 4 hrs away. Said she might go to africa to find water for villages or something.

At this point she isn't even speaking to me. I see she has been applying for jobs in our hometown for over a week now.. she knew she was leaving.

Guess I have to sell the ring. I have the worst luck in the world.

OMG, what?!?! So sorry Matt.

I suspect what may be happening is that you are way too nice to these 'ladies.' They do not deserve you.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow. Gosh I'm sorry matt.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness... I just have no words.
Matt, I am so sorry :nono: :(sad it really isn't fair - if the amount of effort you put into both those rings is any indication of the effort you put into your relationships (and I'm quite sure it is!)... ugh. This sucks.

Please take care of yourself this week and come back to let us know how you're doing ;(

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry. Get better!

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Holy crap, Matt. Do you live in a really rural area or something? I do (rural NW PA), and it seems like all the marriages here break up. And a lot of the time the woman moves on. I think a lot of the problem here is it's just so dam boring to live here that people wind up picking at each other all the time. There's nothing to do, the towns are dead, the area is depressed and depressing, at least here. And it just seems to drag everyone down with it. I'm job hunting so that I can move. Age bias is working against me, though, I think.

Get well soon. I'd like to say "Better things are ahead" or something inspirational. But living in the area that I do has taught me that location really is everything. :rolleyes:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I saw this thread that I hadn't read and I was so touched by the story and the journey and then I got to today's post and I am heart broken for you I am so sorry

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I'm so sorry Arcticatmatt, I came onto this thread expecting to see a ring all nicely fixed up. You and Loryn sounded so like-minded with your love of nature and adventurous sports. From your brief post it sounds like she might want to tweek this a bit differently with her desire to go to Africa. Life can certainly be full of surprises. You always come across as a very positively directed person so I hope some good ones lie ahead for you.

arcticcatmatt

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the words. It really does suck. Yes I do live in a rural area and she moved from a rural area. I live between Ithaca NY and Binghamton NY. I think I am going to be single my entire life. I am now getting mixed signals from her. We are seeing each other but not dating. She loves me but isn't in love with me. Might come visit me but wants whatever she forgot brought back to western ny. She needs space. She lives 4 hrs away now and is very distant and pretty much out of touch. How do you work on things and have someone fall in love with you like that? So in love with someone one second.. the next second they hit eject.. literally.. and are 4 hrs away and changing their address as if you have never crossed paths.

Either way.. this ring is not going back on her hand anytime soon if ever. This ring is for sale. If anyone is interested make me an offer.. It's literally like brand new and gets compliments anywhere it goes over it sparkling and beauty

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arcticcatmatt|1386902738|3573331 said:
Thanks for the words. It really does suck. Yes I do live in a rural area and she moved from a rural area. I live between Ithaca NY and Binghamton NY. I think I am going to be single my entire life. I am now getting mixed signals from her. We are seeing each other but not dating. She loves me but isn't in love with me. Might come visit me but wants whatever she forgot brought back to western ny. She needs space. She lives 4 hrs away now and is very distant and pretty much out of touch. How do you work on things and have someone fall in love with you like that? So in love with someone one second.. the next second they hit eject.. literally.. and are 4 hrs away and changing their address as if you have never crossed paths.

Either way.. this ring is not going back on her hand anytime soon if ever. This ring is for sale. If anyone is interested make me an offer.. It's literally like brand new and gets compliments anywhere it goes over it sparkling and beauty
Is it on Preloved and loupetroop?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
James Allen has a buyback that might be better than you can get resale.

swtnsxy7

Rough_Rock
I was so touched by all the time/effort you put into this ring, I too just saw these postings and just read through them all.. only to be shocked to see your recent post! So sorry!! Hope all works out in the end!! Best of luck to you!

arcticcatmatt

Shiny_Rock
I realize this forum isn't "the days of our lives" but wanted to post a follow up and say the ring is gone. She moved out but we were still together. I took her to Niagara Falls on a swanky trip for 3 days the day after xmas. She came back out Jan 3rd for 3 days to snowmobile on the sled I bought her. She came back out Jan 20th for 5 days. Things were going great. But then I discovered she was hanging out with her ex boyfriend and we got in a fight after she told me and wouldn't let me tag her location on facebook. We officially broke up.. Jan 20th.

I then get a phone call from her ex boyfriend that they were hanging out since November.. snowshoeing, her making him dinner, buying xmas gifts for each other, drinking at his house, house sitting for him, working on her snowblower, constant texting and calling.. all of it was being hid and lied about to me and apparently him. And his buddy was caught spending the night at her house last week.. Upon hearing all this information. I instantly sold the ring back to James Allen for a 30% loss.

Hopefully someday I will be able to find an honest, respectful, attractive woman that doesn't lie. I'm about ready to just give up. Perhaps you will see me on these forums again requesting your help in picking a diamond. Sorry to have wasted all your time :blackeye:

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
arcticcatmatt|1392143596|3612901 said:
I realize this forum isn't "the days of our lives" but wanted to post a follow up and say the ring is gone. She moved out but we were still together. I took her to Niagara Falls on a swanky trip for 3 days the day after xmas. She came back out Jan 3rd for 3 days to snowmobile on the sled I bought her. She came back out Jan 20th for 5 days. Things were going great. But then I discovered she was hanging out with her ex boyfriend and we got in a fight after she told me and wouldn't let me tag her location on facebook. We officially broke up.. Jan 20th.

I then get a phone call from her ex boyfriend that they were hanging out since November.. snowshoeing, her making him dinner, buying xmas gifts for each other, drinking at his house, house sitting for him, working on her snowblower, constant texting and calling.. all of it was being hid and lied about to me and apparently him. And his buddy was caught spending the night at her house last week.. Upon hearing all this information. I instantly sold the ring back to James Allen for a 30% loss.

Hopefully someday I will be able to find an honest, respectful, attractive woman that doesn't lie. I'm about ready to just give up. Perhaps you will see me on these forums again requesting your help in picking a diamond. Sorry to have wasted all your time :blackeye:

Hey man - it happens to the best of us.

Nothing you can do about shitty people, except to learn and move on. You can't control their actions.

You may have lost 30% of the $, but you saved 70% and avoided wasting any more money/time/energy on the situation.

Take some time for yourself. Use this as an opportunity to re-assess and re-focus yourself.

Don't start looking for women - concentrate on yourself for the time being. When you're ready, they'll start coming to you!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arcticcatmatt|1392143596|3612901 said:

::HUGS:: Matt.
That's an awful series of discoveries :sick:

The silver lining is that you're free of both the drama and uncertainty and the stone, now. Take care of yourself, take some time to indulge in worrying about yourself first and foremost, and we'll be here if you need us in the future!

And feel free to "waste" more of our time dropping by to let us know how you're doing every now and then!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry, Matt. The right one is out there. You are sure due for some good luck soon!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear Matt. It is never nice to hear and even harder to experience.

Like the other posters, do take care of yourself. Come back whenever u feel able to... Chat in the hang out or when u look at your next bling purchase. Maybe one for yourself!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results