shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! 1.68 OEC needs setting ideas! Antique/vintage/repro

D

Deactivated member 42515

Re: Help! 1.68 OEC needs setting ideas! Antique/vintage/repr

I sure hope you find something!! I've scouring the web for you last minute while I'm at work but I've yet to find something.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hope some stores will reopen for you tomorrow, Enerchi! Have you had contact with Dougsgirl?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

I am completely in love w that crown solitaire setting! I'm torn between that and this 6 prong one but will have to see in person....assuming that will happen either weds or Thursday because VERY early Friday we are scheduled to return home. Haven't even checked the return flights yet...

That's another mental space I'm not into yet! Seems like the vacation hasn't even started!

Anyhow- this is another I love
http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=3982

Thanks guys for your help and support! Now that I've figured out how to post, I'll share all my diamond pics with you, when they are hot off the press! :appl:

D

Deactivated member 42515

I like this one. Dunno if its been posted. But I'm sure you've looked at every single piece on this site haven't you Enerchi?
http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=3979

Ok, I just saw this one and its making my heart beat fast and I am quite flushed! I love the leaves
http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=3267

Edit: oops, I just realized these don't fit your diamond! Does it matter? Were you gonna pop their stone out and put yours in? Did I miss a post? Eek! Anyway, sorry!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks yaytacori! The first is an original so no repro that I could purchase. I had asked Winona about that one in my very first email to her! I can only fit it into certain settings that fit a 7.5mm stone. What seems like a lot of settings, once you take out the size restrictions and the originals, it gets to be a smaller selection! Such dedication to take time away from work to search for settings for me! ;)) :lol: ;))

My fingers are crossed they will reopen weds, but I'm not wasting a dust request, since NYC has much bigger issues at the moment. :halo:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Today was a great day!! Managed to play at DBL and also had a wonderful visit with Leigh ànd Winona of Leigh Jay Nacht. So exciting to "Meet" the settings I've been looking at for weeks! Really is so helpful to be able to see them in person if at all possible.

I tried on all the ones that were at the top of my list and turns out...there were about 20+ on that list! Who knew?!?! :lol: but I was so excited and distracted being there that it wasn't until the end I realized I needed to take pictures!! Duh! :twirl:

So I only have minimal pics to share- sorry :oops:

The first setting has 3 marquise stones on the sides and once set, the prongs would have the finishing details added. It sits low and definitely more of a RHR and not one that could be confused with an engagement ring. I liked my stone when it was set in unplated WG.

_1613.jpg

_1614.jpg

_1615.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

This is the other setting that made the top 2! Beautiful filigree and detail work on the reproduction. I was able to compare both repros to their originals and the skill is evident- there is a lot of attention to detail paid!! I love the mount and the NSEW prongs!

_1616.jpg

_1617.jpg

_1618.jpg

_1619.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Trouble loading pics and posting from hotel Internet. Here are pics of the DBL halo that has caught my eye. Yes, totally different from reproduction setting. But I like the look too.....dilemma! Thoughts on the three options so far?

Picture the photo with an OEC, not the brown diamond as shown.

_1620.jpg

_1621.jpg

CDCsparkles

Shiny_Rock

Its perfect in the first setting!

D

Deactivated member 42515

My vote is number 1 then 2! No wait.... I really like number 2's profile... But I love the shank on number 1.... This is hard!!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Oh My goodness EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I LOVE #2!!!! I think that is perfection! If I hadn't already signed with SK I would probably give up on my 3 stone project and go for that one. Gorgeous! Though #1 has this elegance about it that I love too. Oh my goodness say you got either 1 or 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous of you right now!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock

I vote for number 2 with the band, but I like number 1 by itself. Number one is so unique. I love the marquise side stones :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Setting #1 is obviously an antique that will others will be able to tell right away. It is very pretty and e-ring like to me because I know those were indeed e-ring settings back then.
Setting #2 looks a bit modern until one takes a closer look. Whilst I love the placement of the prongs, I know that Mrs Salvo's OEC had a chipped girdle after being in a similar style prong setting. It just doesn't offer as much protection as the usual placement.
Setting #3 is the usual halo so it doesn't stand out to me.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Hey Enerchi!!! So happy for you that these vendors are open despite the storm. You are one adventurous Snow Queen to fly into the eye of the largest storm in history :cheeky: The love of sparklies does run deep my friend ;))
So onto your setting-I love #2, I'm a sucker for those prongs but taking into account what Chrono said I think #1 is also really lovely.
Personally I wouldn't halo it unless you chose something from Bev K. I think it should be in an antique style setting.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

I love setting number 2!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

#2 if wearing as an engagement ring. (I would save this design for my own inspiration folder!). As to the girdle issue, do you have a very thin girdle? If you do, you either need to have it worked on to be less thin or it needs to be in a bezel.

#1 if wearing as a right hand ring

#3 is fine with a contemporary cut stone, but I don't think it really would do much for an OEC. Beautiful brown diamond, though!

Sooo glad you were able to shop today, Enerchi!!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results