shape
carat
color
clarity

Height of New 5 Stone Bezel Ring

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
[
Ditto. You also have a wax and David could honestly easily recreate it I bet - he just made a setting for me that was inspired by an existing style and it was done in a matter of weeks with 2 rounds of CADs (they were the tiniest tweaks)

How can I contact David Klass? I'm ready to discuss having him make my five stone bezel ring. Do you have an email address? And/or phone number???

Although the local jeweler here cannot complete my ring, I got her full permission to use the design I have posted here without any changes at all. So all the stressful months I spent getting to this point won't be wasted. I can keep the design. I just need someone to execute it.

Now that I've found diamonds I like, I'm finally ready to have someone - with a verified great reputation - to turn my dream ring into reality. The local jeweler here said that I can even give another jeweler the plastic model (that she made) for them to work from.

She surprised me, but I am able to move on without any guilt.

David did your beautiful ring in record time!!! Now, I need to contact him.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic news!! I'm so happy to hear you have got resolution and that there is an amicable and guilt-free ending. The diamonds you are choosing sound gorgeous, you've got the design you worked hard to create, and from everything I've read here about Whiteflash and David Klass, you will end up with a truly stunning ring :appl:

Jewellers just have such different models of working. She has high spending celebrity clients who aren't fussed about detail and are happy to leave it all to her. Most PSers are hobbyists who want to co-design and are particular about getting the best quality but also at an affordable price. Neither is wrong, you just have into match up. Move forward with a clear conscience.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
[

How can I contact David Klass? I'm ready to discuss having him make my five stone bezel ring. Do you have an email address? And/or phone number???

Although the local jeweler here cannot complete my ring, I got her full permission to use the design I have posted here without any changes at all. So all the stressful months I spent getting to this point won't be wasted. I can keep the design. I just need someone to execute it.

Now that I've found diamonds I like, I'm finally ready to have someone - with a verified great reputation - to turn my dream ring into reality. The local jeweler here said that I can even give another jeweler the plastic model (that she made) for them to work from.

She surprised me, but I am able to move on without any guilt.

David did your beautiful ring in record time!!! Now, I need to contact him.

Excellent! His info is actually on Instagram, here is a screenshot

46BC12E2-6257-49E9-A6F0-EBB3AFA2CE52.jpeg

Shineythings

Rough_Rock
'
Thank you!!!

I contacted David Klass at the email address on this screen shot and got a reply within minutes!!! I'm so excited. I have my fingers crossed that everything will actually work out.

Soooo??? Updates!!!!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I was following along with your journey too, would love to see how your ring turned out (a 7 stone bezel band is something I'm working on just now.)

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
'

Soooo??? Updates!!!!

I'm just now getting ready to send my White Flash diamonds to David. I've been admiring the diamonds in their boxes since December when we got them, but that hasn't been the same as having them all together in a beautiful ring.

It has taken a while for us to get the design details just right, but I have no complaints. David has been very prompt in answering all my emails and has been very patient as we have worked on the 5 stone ring together.

Although I know that he has many, many other clients, he has made me feel like I'm his only client. That has been such a difference from the original, local jeweler who made me feel like I was of little importance , an afterthought to her "more important" clients" & even a bother.

I can't report what my final ring looks like yet because it still hasn't been made. But soon. Very soon.

Meanwhile, my working with David Klass has made me feel so comfortable that - along with my White Flash diamonds - I'm also sending him a new ruby band (that I bought on a trip just before the pandemic hit) to him to be sized so that I can finally wear that ring, too.

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
I was following along with your journey too, would love to see how your ring turned out (a 7 stone bezel band is something I'm working on just now.)

When I finally get my finished, 5 stone ring, it will have its own thread with lots of photos. That should be sometime in April.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
So happy to read your update @starbrite and that DK has met your expectations! Excited to see the end result :)

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Earlier this week, David said that my "5 stone is almost ready."

To help with my growing anticipation, I have put together this collage of the .407 IF D diamond that Is going to be in the center. The other 4 stones are VVS1's. I have a lot of photos of those diamonds, too, still in their Whiteflash boxes. However, I'll spare everyone from seeing them until after they are set in the ring.

Because this project has taken so long (and has had a lot of bumps in the road), I feel like I'm now suddenly experiencing a semi anxiety attack that everything will really turn out as anticipated. The unknown is always a little scary. Nevertheless, I do have faith in DK.

That's why I have already started on another project with him for this year's anniversary...

Meanwhile, this 5 stone, bezel ring (meant for our very special anniversary LAST June) remains a super big deal for me. We're also so close now.

I'm glad I got the diamonds I really wanted. I wouldn't have been happy otherwise. I'm also happy that I finally changed to a jeweler who has been very easy to work with & who has treated me with respect.

My diamond photography isn't the world's best. I could never get the arrows to line up in my shots. Still it was fun playing at taking these photos to pass time over the Winter while we worked on getting the CAD like I wanted. After I took the photos last December & until I sent the stones to David this Spring, I let the diamonds sit out on my counter so that I could easily look at them everyday.

I am so looking forward to my finished ring. Very soon; I hope.

D-IF-1200.jpg

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Update:

David emailed that he has just finished my ring.

"Your gorgeous ring is solid platinum and 18k yellow gold weighing 8.01 grams, set with .77cts of D/E color, VS clarity princess cut diamonds. The ring has a comfort fit."

From the hand video he sent, it really is absolutely gorgeous!!! Plus the finished ring also seems to be the perfect height for the filigree to stand out; yet not too high.

I want to thank everyone who directed me to David Klass. He has been such a pleasure to work with. He has also given me a lot of confidence that things will end up exactly like I want. He really cares about his work & doing the best possible.

I know he has a lot of other business, but he has always made me feel as if I was his only client & my project was special. What a pleasant change from the original jeweler.

David is now my on-line "go to jeweler". I can't say enough good things about working with him.

I now can hardly wait to see my 5 Stone ring in real life. The White Flash diamonds were beautiful just in the boxes they came in. But David has now really brought them to life in this ring.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Update:

David emailed that he has just finished my ring.

"Your gorgeous ring is solid platinum and 18k yellow gold weighing 8.01 grams, set with .77cts of D/E color, VS clarity princess cut diamonds. The ring has a comfort fit."

From the hand video he sent, it really is absolutely gorgeous!!! Plus the finished ring also seems to be the perfect height for the filigree to stand out; yet not too high.

I want to thank everyone who directed me to David Klass. He has been such a pleasure to work with. He has also given me a lot of confidence that things will end up exactly like I want. He really cares about his work & doing the best possible.

I know he has a lot of other business, but he has always made me feel as if I was his only client & my project was special. What a pleasant change from the original jeweler.

David is now my on-line "go to jeweler". I can't say enough good things about working with him.

I now can hardly wait to see my 5 Stone ring in real life. The White Flash diamonds were beautiful just in the boxes they came in. But David has now really brought them to life in this ring.

So pleased to hear you had such a positive experience! Well deserved

Can't wait to see your hand shots! Congrats on adding such a special piece to your collection

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Update: I finally got my ring. It's gorgeous!!!

Unfortunately, it needs to go back for some alternations. Although we had agreed on a rounded shank (for my comfort), the bench mistakenly made a flat shank. To me, the edges on this flat shank feel sharp like a knife edge & is very uncomfortable. Knowing that I am sensitive (plus am not fond of the look of flat shanks), I had specifically asked for rounded edges. Oh well. No big deal. Oops sometimes do happen. As long as all ends well, I'm not really complaining.

Other than more time lost in my already year plus journey, I will eventually have the rounded edges on shank that I wanted (& that we had agreed on). Without hesitation, David has said he will correct the shank problem. He has been so nice all along & really great to work with. I only have good things to say about him. The princess diamonds set in the shank are beautiful and color matched to my D top stones.

Anyhow, because this thread was about the height of bezel head, I am back mainly to report that everything is perfect in that department.

The bezels are not too high and not too low. I love the height as it turned out. The gold filigree is a show off. The width of the bezels between my fingers is also perfect. I have full finger coverage without the bezels going in between the fingers next to my ring finger. If the bezels had been set any higher, the width would have been a problem. Lower; the filigree wouldn't have looked as nice. However, I got just what I wanted in both bezel height and width. Both are very comfortable and I think look really, really nice.

Attached are some quick finger shots.

FiligreeAF9W8809-800.jpg

HeadOnRingProfileAF9W8974-2-800.jpg RingFiligreeAF9W8210-8002.jpg

Eventually I hope to do an entire thread on SMTB; after a few problems with other things are solved & everything about the ring is finally "just right". For me, this is a very special ring. I'll check in again then & close this thread.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results