shape
carat
color
clarity

Heart ring ideas...

The pink red LGD heart I am eyeing is only about 0.5ct and it is very affordable, a real FCD in that size would cost much much more!

LGD wins!

DK :lol-2:

Please show us if you decide to buy! What will you do with him (her)? Naturally, I'm partial to heart halos. :bigsmile:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please show us if you decide to buy! What will you do with him (her)? Naturally, I'm partial to heart halos. :bigsmile:

Don't hold your breath, as I am debating whether to go for a EMD colourless heart or a FCD LGD heart, and am leaning towards EMD.

DK :))

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Aww thank you! I know LilAlex has a beautiful green gold CS ring, which I love. But, yes, it probably won't do much to enhance the Argyles. I love blue and black rhodium... just wish it weren't a plating (let's get on top of that, chemists!). I did remix the pinks and yellows so there would be more of the former/less of the latter. I think it makes a positive difference for just a bit more $. Anyway, so glad you and others seem into this design! I'll need to replenish my funds after buying the FCDs, but hopefully the ring will be my next project. This is where I'm at for now. Thank you again!!
nod.gif

HeartHaloYellow.JPG

Gorgeous! This is going to be simply stunning.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's going to be an awesome ring! I have a small band with different color fancy diamonds. I can imagine it as a halo around a white diamond. I can't wait to see it when you are done!

DSC_2877.JPG

It's going to be an awesome ring! I have a small band with different color fancy diamonds. I can imagine it as a halo around a white diamond. I can't wait to see it when you are done!

DSC_2877.JPG

First, your yellow diamond ring is lovely! Second, I hope my multi FCD halo turns out as nice as your band!! It was really helpful to see an actual photo of them together. Thank you for sharing. :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, your yellow diamond ring is lovely! Second, I hope my multi FCD halo turns out as nice as your band!! It was really helpful to see an actual photo of them together. Thank you for sharing. :)

I was hoping it would help you visualize what it could look like.

Hi all! Just thought I'd share my final selection of the FCDs for this project. The yellows (smaller one is for the cleft) and pinks are fancy intense and the Argyle blues are BL2. And now I have zero funds for the actual ring. lol So hopefully we'll begin in the near future once I replenish! Hope everyone has a lurrrrvely day!!

Capture12345.jpg

Hi all! Just thought I'd share my final selection of the FCDs for this project. The yellows (smaller one is for the cleft) and pinks are fancy intense and the Argyle blues are BL2. And now I have zero funds for the actual ring. lol So hopefully we'll begin in the near future once I replenish! Hope everyone has a lurrrrvely day!!

Capture12345.jpg

Those blues are definitely holding their own! I’m so glad you’re going for the multicoloured ring. Can’t wait to see this beauty come to life!!

Those blues are definitely holding their own! I’m so glad you’re going for the multicoloured ring. Can’t wait to see this beauty come to life!!

I hope so! Thank you!! Argyles, as you know, tend to be a violet-blue with lots of gray. So I'm just pleased to be seeing any blue at all. lol The yellows are a bit more saturated than the rest, but I expected that. I think they'll be ok. I once again remixed the combo, this time with 6 pink, 5 blue, and 4 yellow (plus the smaller one). I didn't want the yellow to be overpowering. Here's my final layout... :)

HeartHaloAlt.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Capture12345.jpg

It's going to be awesome!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your confidence! I hope it's not an underwhelming look once set.

It's surprising how those little FCDs can hold their own. I hope it's everything you wish for!

I hope so! Thank you!! Argyles, as you know, tend to be a violet-blue with lots of gray. So I'm just pleased to be seeing any blue at all. lol The yellows are a bit more saturated than the rest, but I expected that. I think they'll be ok. I once again remixed the combo, this time with 6 pink, 5 blue, and 4 yellow (plus the smaller one). I didn't want the yellow to be overpowering. Here's my final layout... :)

HeartHaloAlt.JPG

I think it works better this way! The yellows are really intense, so having fewer of them should help balance out the colour.

Will you do the individual baskets in different colours, or all plat?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Capture12345.jpg

Gorgeous amazing spectacular JEALOUS!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Capture12345.jpg

Um, wow, that is an incredible line-up! :love: I envy you so much! Do you mind sharing what the FCD total weight is?

CBianco

Brilliant_Rock

Capture12345.jpg

This. is. going. to. be. spectacular!!!!!

I think it works better this way! The yellows are really intense, so having fewer of them should help balance out the colour.

Will you do the individual baskets in different colours, or all plat?

Agreed! Good question... I am going to ask David what he thinks, and I'll probably end up going with whatever he recommends. He's headed to an antiques show in Miami (lucky), so maybe we'll chat once he returns. :)

Um, wow, that is an incredible line-up! :love: I envy you so much! Do you mind sharing what the FCD total weight is?

Thank you for the encouragement! These photos are all so blown up... I just hope when everything is "life-sized," the colors stand out and don't muddy. That's why I thought it was important to have a pattern this time and use 3 distinct colors, rather than randomly placing various shades. I guess we shall see what happens!!

Of course! The weight clocked in right around .70ctw.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

HeartHaloAlt.JPG

So exciting! This is going to be lovely (like all your projects)! :love:

Timor

Shiny_Rock

HeartHaloAlt.JPG

First of all love the look of the FCDs! I think I might have a different opinion about the arrangements, if yellow is the color that will pop the most I would have it in a way that outline the shape of the whole project best, i.e with it on the bottom point of the heart (as in the second combination). But that’s just what I think without visualization of the real thing, I could be wrong:D

First of all love the look of the FCDs! I think I might have a different opinion about the arrangements, if yellow is the color that will pop the most I would have it in a way that outline the shape of the whole project best, i.e with it on the bottom point of the heart (as in the second combination). But that’s just what I think without visualization of the real thing, I could be wrong:D

I had a difficult time deciding on that very issue, because I really felt even slight variances in the color layout could make a big difference in the overall look. But I ultimately thought the yellow needed to be at the cleft, and this is the only way I could make it work. lol I liked it the other way too though!

Timor

Shiny_Rock
I had a difficult time deciding on that very issue, because I really felt even slight variances in the color layout could make a big difference in the overall look. But I ultimately thought the yellow needed to be at the cleft, and this is the only way I could make it work. lol I liked it the other way too though!

Good point! Cleft is important:)

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

HeartHaloAlt.JPG

Your ring is going to be so amazing!:love::love::love:
I loved seeing all of your mock-ups and I think they would all work very well, but your final choice is perfection!! I can’t wait to see your dream ring come to life!

Your ring is going to be so amazing!:love::love::love:
I loved seeing all of your mock-ups and I think they would all work very well, but your final choice is perfection!! I can’t wait to see your dream ring come to life!

Thank you, my friend! How are you doing addressing that issue with your sapphire ring?

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, my friend! How are you doing addressing that issue with your sapphire ring?

I actually decided to leave it as is! The gap is so very tiny to the eye when I have the ring on my hand. The more I look at it, it actually looks intentional to me, like it was meant to follow the flow of the open metal work of the scallops on the sides. After thinking it over, I didn’t want to ship the ring back and forth, have the center stone unset and reset, just to fill the tiny gap. I think I was just expecting it to be one way, but once the surprise wore off, everything is fantastic and I love the ring!
Thanks for asking :))and sorry to derail your thread for a moment!
I’m so excited for you to have this ring in the works!! It‘s going to be incredibly gorgeous!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results