carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! :wavey:

Dee Jay, 18 places to look at does sound easier to do in one weekend rather than taking 18 clients around. Makes sense now.
Your bird ring is very cool. How fun. Pretty cute to name your bird Hope. Hope looks great alone and with your other pretty rings.
You do have a busy day planned with showings. I hope both clients find the place of their dreams. Sweet.
You definitely deserve a glass of wine and lounging around on your couch afterwards.

Sharon - good one. :lol:

I totally enjoyed sleeping in until 7 today. Tomorrow is back to reality. Phooey on that.
Marty is heading to LA tonight.
We made some quesos out of taco leftovers for lunch. I think I've done enough dishes for awhile so I might do take out all week. Ha!
I haven't done much of anything today. I confirmed our taxes have been received and I need to work on a program for our astronomy meeting next week. Other than that I think I'll be lazy.
We rented Annihilation last night. It had some rather cringe worthy moments in it.

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Sharon, LOL! He is a twitty little thing, isn't he?!

Curby, one of my clients went under contract last night -- yay!!! I had to run paperwork and earnest money around at 10 pm, as per usual... Oh well, I've just accepted that that's part of getting a deal done.

This weather here today is pants. It was also total crap yesterday. Hellllllo summer in Chicago! Ugh.

I plan on starting (in earnest!) this year's annual review. TODAY. Really... :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, sweet that one of your clients went under contract. Darn that you had to run around paperwork late last night.
Boo to having pants weather. Please send some rain our way. A forest fire started about 100 miles from here. It is very close to where my parents cabin is located and where we used to hold star parties. There are a lot of dead trees up there from the pine beetle damage.
Good luck with the annual review process. I can't believe it's starting again.

My thrill-o-meter didn't budge this morning at the prospect of going back to work. I spent most of my day catching up and in meetings. I stopped on the way home tonight to get a burger, fries and soft serve ice cream then stopped at Office Depot. I needed markers and rules for the astronomy meeting this week. Rulers will ridiculous so picked up larger index cards; they should work to follow lines in a grid. I got a box of 50 assorted color markers for $10 so that wasn't bad.
Marty emailed that company today to tell them he is interested in their job and asked for the details, salary, benefits, travel expense expectations, etc. He blind copied me and I never saw a response so I don't know if they answered him or not.
My eyes are burning from the smoke in the area.

Take care. :wavey:
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I'd GLADLY send you some of this crappy rain. And LOL -- YOU can't believe the annual review is starting again... I feel like I just three hold punched last year's and put it in a binder about five minutes ago!!!

Last night I did a hard (er than usual) workout. My left knee is a little stiff this morning, but nothing tragic. There was another different minor tragedy this morning though; my hair dryer gave up the ghost. Honestly I don't look that much different than I normally do, so maybe there's a lesson there! But I am going to CVS at lunch and getting a new one.

I decided to pull the trigger on Asscher Halo Lover's Beverly K band. After hemming and hawing for a while over the fact it was yellow gold and I reallllly wanted white, I took a look through my jewelry box and I've already got a different Beverly K in white, so I said why not. Plus it's in my size and a really good deal. Can't wait for it to show up!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AD480543-FD83-45AF-BD84-BC2D1022ED37.jpeg 2B9F641A-A051-4070-89C1-09C6D75EA771.jpeg
38A33D04-F10E-4C23-B8D2-40EDDA300464.jpeg

Top one is mine (which is wider), second one is the new iband, third pic is me mocking up the size with a post it note, haha. C’mon... you know we’ve all done it! :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, lovely rings. I have a band similar to the one you already have; I like it more than I thought I would so now I want more. I think you'll love that Beverly K band. Yes, I have mocked up rings, earrings and pendants with post it notes. Printed them out in color to try on as well. I like your nail polish color.
It does seem like you just finished last year's review. Time flies.
That's good your hair looked good without drying it. I am a total wash and wear hairstyle girl. I had to buy a hair dryer for our guest bathroom because I didn't have one.

The sun is orange here today; the fire 100 miles away continues to grow and it is definitely closing in on the area where my parent's had their cabin. Winds aren't dying down either.

I had a busy day at work. I stopped at a fast food for supper and discovered they had peach shakes so naturally I indulged in one of those. Then I picked up a few things at the grocery store. I picked off the dead flowers in our pots and I am just being lazy now. Here is a picture of the cool petunias we picked up this year.
Take care.
Curby
IMG_2765.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I wore my white gold Bev K yesterday and it wasn't very comfortable -- or more accurately, I was conscious of it all day, I think because it's 9 mm wide. At first I was thinking I wanted the wider version of Asscher Halo's Band, but now I'm glad I'm getting the smaller one because I think it will be more comfortable to wear.

And speaking of bands... Vera just emailed me that my eternity ring is ready! I'm supposed to get pics later today and it will ship tomorrow for Friday delivery. I'm having it sent to my office because it will require a signature, and I'll have to come in and pick it up. The Bev K band is supposed to show up the same day so my assistant will be busy taking delivery of my jewelry, ha ha.

I just got a text that the power is out at my building. Super. Plus, the gates won't open without electricity so no one can drive in or out. Double super. NOT. Better go deal with that...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Kids!

Dee Jay, how exciting you’ll be getting your bands this week. My band is probably 8 or 9 mm and I sure notice it but I really like it. I have a few rings with a similar style to that Beverly K ring and I am aware of them too. They aren’t smooth. It’s not that they are uncomfortable but I am aware of it.
Post pictures when you get them or just text them or email me. Whatever is easiest. I am so excited.
Joy to the power being out at your building. Good luck with that.

I’m bored and cold at work. Off to my next project.

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha. I have on one of those frilly, leafy, vine rings today and just noticed it when I started typing.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha. I have on one of those frilly, leafy, vine rings today and just noticed it when I started typing.

Curby, post a pic of the ring you have on today!

It will be something to distract me while i'm on hold with the electric company...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B6113B4F-C50E-4536-B59A-CD3AEE698409.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a cognac sapphire in rose gold.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember that! It's JUST like the one I'm getting!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it a lot but I’ve has more comfortable rings. Smoothness wise.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, did you get your glamour shots? Huh? Huh? Huh? :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
07581E79-A9E4-495C-B0A9-4ED040C55C05.jpeg Very orange sun here.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FD34259D-EBC4-4964-98C1-1E0049BDCBAF.jpeg

Here you go Curby!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, that is going to be gorgeous on your finger. :wavey:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I am super excited to see both bands in person! The pic of my eternity made me take pause for a second -- the bezels seem yuuuuuge to me, but I know that pics are deceiving. I trust WF to have done a great job and made these as thin as possible so I'm sure it will look great!

Last night I worked out pretty hard and then went home and did pretty much nothing. Today I bit the bullet and self tanned my legs (well, ok, I used the Sally Hansen leg makeup, which isn't really self tanner but gets the job done -- and instantly!) so I could wear a dress that I got for $23 on clearance at Nordstrom Rack. I've gotten two compliments on it so far and it's very comfortable. I'm going to have to keep this brand in mind and order some more because I love the idea of dresses. A one-piece-of-clothing outfit -- can't screw that up!

Today I've got another four hour live webinar... ugh. I'm going to put it up on my screen in the background and continue doing my job... or maybe looking at jewelry online, haha. :cheeky:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to say this has turned into a verrrry expensive webinar -- I just ordered 13 (THIRTEEN!!!) dresses and two pair of rain boots off of Nordstrom Rack. :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I will be anxious to see your bands tomorrow. I copied your eternity band glamour shot and made it small; I don't think the bezel sets will look huge in person.
That's great you found such a nice and comfortable dress for $23. One piece clothing is the best especially in the summer.
:lol: that was an expensive webinar but how fun you'll be getting 13 new dresses and some rain boots.

Marty paid to upgrade on his flight back from LA. He got put by the back bathroom; I was going to point out he should fire his travel agent but it sounds like he has had a tough week.
I had a busy day at work. I am training with another department and I am sure I was driving the 2 ladies crazy because I kept asking "why". They do something similar to my department but for another service and they sure do a lot of redundant things. It seemed like a lot of wasted time to me. They might get combined with my team so we will see how that works out.

Take care.
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Woo.........this will be quick flyby. Pretty bling you've both posted and I'm glad to see all is well.

Wish I could say the same for me. I've been pretty sick. More major plumbing issues and I wound up getting another ecoli infection that pretty much wiped me out. I had this a year ago and that's why I had the Turp surgery. It was supposed to fix this. They wanted to go into my bladder to look and found out what's causing my issues without even being able to get up there. Evidently, the surgery left a lot of scar tissue, so I have to have another surgery, yet to be scheduled, but likely in July. I have my company trip in two weeks and I don't want to miss it or be recovering from surgery.

Work has been tough the last few weeks. A couple turned down offers can be very discouraging, not to mention that when you're sick, it's super hard to concentrate.

On a fun note, we've decided to get new cars. Charlie currently drives a Mercedes SUV. I drive a Mercedes Sedan. He wants a cabriolet. So we've ordered a black Mercedes cabriolet with Cranberry Red leather and virtually every safety feature known to car-kind. I want a SUV this time. So I will order a new model coming out, but won't be able to order it until later this summer or early fall, with delivery likely in January, 2019.

Here is what Charlie's car will look like:

IMG_0005.JPG

Sorry for the flyby, but it's getting late and I'm heading to bed soon. Will pop in again very soon. Promise.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy I've-been-up-since-4:52-in-the-damn-morning kids... UGH! I thought I was just getting up to pee, but here we are over two hours later and... well... you see the situation.

Rod, so good to see you! Charlie's car looks fabulous and I'm sure yours will be too! Very sorry to hear about your medical woes. Hopefully this will all get resolved quickly and finally.

Curby. I am anxiously awaiting delivery of my two bands today! They are going to my office, but my assistant will get them and let me know when they're there. I'm also going over to My Diamond Zone for a little visit, and I'm trying to plan a GTG there for the fall. We did a GTG about 5 years ago and it was a ball!

Yesterday I was trapped my office for the four hour webinar, and I've signed up for another four hours each on Monday and Tuesday. Just kill me now... The good news is I have lots and lots of time to cruise the internet. The bad news is I keep buying sh!t. :cheeky:

I'm headed to NJ next week to see Sister #2. On Friday I plan to go visit (and hopefully buy!) a diamond that I've been corresponding with a vendor on. It will be a quick trip in and out of the diamond district though because #2 just bought a house in Connecticut so I think we'll spend almost all of my visit up there. I don't even have time to get together with my NY PS girlfriends on this quicky in and out.

I need to either go back to sleep Right Now or just Get Up and get on with my day. Decisions... decisions...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you chose go back to sleep. My motto is....."if the sun's not up, Rod isn't either!" LOL

Ugh, to 4 hour webinars. They are almost always universally, boring. I hope yours aren't.

I can't wait to see the diamond you've been negotiating on! How does one manage to slip in and then quickly out of the diamond district. There are too many sparkles to see. Yes, there are!

While this isn't exactly what my car will likely be, this is a computer generated guesstimate from one of the reputable car mags:

2019-Mercedes-Benz-GLE-rendering-2694.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5D1EE3F6-A429-49F0-81F1-F54F22E1B328.jpeg 15617106-C322-4C95-9A90-717D82313294.jpeg

They’re here!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Will post later. Great looking cars Rod! Love your rings Dee Jay. They both look fabulous.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Rod, I am so sorry to hear you are having medical troubles again. Is Ecoli hard to get rid of once you have it in your body? That stinks you need to have a scar removed. Good luck with that. Big hugs to you. Definitely go on your trip though. Where are you going? Charlie's car looks great; I got red interior in my Macan and really like it. Your SUV will look fabulous as well. That one is about the same color as mine. That is too bad about your clients not accepting their job offers. I hope you rest up a lot this weekend; you've had a rough time lately.

Dee Jay, I really like both of your rings. Darn those pesky night trips to the bathroom; I have an awful time falling back asleep too and yet I wake up every single night. It's heck to be old. Tell me more about the trip to the diamond district and what you are going to see? I saw you posted a Chicago GTG - maybe we should visit the windy city. Those 4 hour webinars are costing you money but think of all the fabulous stuff you'll be getting. Visiting sister #2 will be fun. I hope you got back to sleep today.

I am glad the weekend is here. I left work 30 minutes early on the ruse I had to stop somewhere that closed at 5. I had a few more things I wanted to add to my astronomy program for tonight. The meeting went well. I did a program then we build charts plotting the 25 nearest and 25 brightest stars. Such fun to color.

I have no idea what is on the agenda for the weekend. Marty is home and no in laws. :appl:

Have a fabulous weekend. :wavey:
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, YES!!! Come to Chicago for the GTG! I am hoping there will be a nice group of us and we can go play in the diamond district a bit after we visit Diamond Zone I'm having a cute little .69 ct OEC put into a squarish setting. The stone is not big, but it really spoke to me, and I think the whole ring will look great and be something blingy, bu not toooooo blingy, so I can wear it pretty much anywhere.

I had a busy day yesterday! In the morning I walked over and put my stuff in a locker at the gym. Then I went and visited Diamond Zone. On the way way back I got a notification that both of my rings had been delivered to my office so I went there, had lunch (a sadly disappointing BBQ experience... ) and opened my boxes. Then I went back to the gym and worked out, bolted home to take a shower, then went to an inspection for one of my clients. After that I came home and organized some things to return to Kohls, Costo, TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Nordstrom Rack. The bad news is I will probably end up buying more than I take back. :lol: After that I'm heading to Michigan for a charity event tonight. Whew! Then tomorrow is just as busy...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday, from the land of outdoor Sauna's. Translation: It's hot and sticky out to the max. Summer is fully entrenched now, so we won't see temps below 90 till sometime in October. Perfect time to be considering a convertible, right? We won't get the new puppy till August at the earliest, so we'll at least miss a big chunk of the sultry weather. We'll really look forward to when we can actually put the top down.

I'm just sitting here perusing Mercedes forums trying to learn anything I can about the new car I want. There are lot's of rumors, artists renders, but very little concrete information. Mercedes doesn't provide much information about something until they officially launch something. I did get to speak with one of their top trainers the other day who shared some real information about the new car. It's going to have a radically new infotainment system, which for Mercedes will be a major departure, with their first ever touch screen and all digital screen. It wil be very "hey siri'ish" with you not having to touch any button to get the system to do what you want. You'll just say "hey Mercedes" "play spa on Sirius" and it will do as you asked. I had read an article about the new system called MBUX when it was introduced at CES this year and people said it was pretty cool. Here's what it will look like.
MBUX.jpg

Otherwise, we're going down to my brother and SIL's house this afternoon. They're having their master bath completely redone, so they want us to come ooh and ah over the changes.

Tomorrow we're going to spend some time with the wife of my ex-boss. Really long story, but we had not spoken to them for nearly 10 years, even though they live down here and actually moved to Tampa to be close to us. It was a toxic relationship and we got a divorce because of the toxicity of it. He had MS and was simply horrible to be around. Well, he committed suicide a week ago and we were the first people she called. We've seen her now a couple times this week and we're actually glad to have her back in our life.

DeeJay, the rings are simply BEAUTIFUL!

Have a great weekend!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results