carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, your OEC ring sounds great. I am anxious to see it. It sounds perfect. I was worn out just reading everything you did yesterday. You were one busy lady. Have fun at the charity event.

Rod, our top down season is definitely opposite of yours. Of course the wind often prevents it even in our summer months. That is nice the Mercedes trainer shared some information with you. I like having the car totally hands free and with a touch screen. i hope you enjoyed visiting your brother and SIL. I am sure they’ll enjoy their new bathroom. Such an awful story about your ex-boss and his wife. I am sure she’ll appreciate the company and support right now.

Hi Sharon.

Marty met a client at 7 am so I got up after he left and got around. I went down and had coffee with my dad’s buddies. Most of them have cabins in the area where the fire is burning so i wanted to see if they’d heard anything on their places. I knew more about the fire and damage than they did since most of them don’t use Facebook or the internet. I gave them the number to call to make sure that county has their contact information.

I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and luckily Marty was pulling in the garage right after I shut my car off. He can pack in all the groceries in one trip. Show off!

We headed back out to run some flowers to the cemetery and get gas in the car. My sister sent me a text they were about 70 miles north of here so we met them for lunch after running our errands. They had a nice time in Yellowstone.

This afternoon I have been goofing off but decided to start laundry a few minutes ago.
We had a serious rain storm roll through here - I saw on FB they had rain on the area of the fire too. I hope that helps put out the fire.

Take care. :wavey:
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I slept in today. Such a treat. I made myself a traditional breakfast (bacon, egg, potatoes and English muffin). It was quite tasty. Marty played golf so I had cheese and crackers for lunch and will make tacos for us shortly.

I rented 2 movies today - Hurricane Heist and Death Wish. They weren’t great but they entertained me. Hurricane Heist is exactly what you’d expect and Death Wish is Bruce Willis who becomes a vigilante after his wife is murdered and his daughter is badly injured from a home invasion.

The rain overnight and today and helped out with that fire. I was reading about what the home owners will face cleaning the fire retardant off everything. You can’t use a power wash because it pushes the chemicals in further. You have to scrub it with soapy water by hand and any puddles that get on the ground needs to be covered up with sand or dirt. It sounds like they all have a major chore ahead of them.

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Rod, your new cars are sounding very space age and sexy! I can't wait to see them!

Thanks Sharon! I do love me some new bling!

Cruby, I'm glad the rain helped with the fires a bit. Those things are always so tragic...

So Saturday was another crazy day. I did a BUNCH of returning/shopping and then drove over to South Bend, IN, to the B&B I was SUPPOSED to stay at for the night. The plan was to check in, take a shower and get ready for my charity event, and then go up there. Wellllll... there was no one there and when I called the phone number the voicemail said the lady was out of the country until June 27. She had another number to call, which I did (multiple times) but no one got back to me until much later. By then I had basically changed clothes in a bathroom (I realized when I got to the event and looked in the mirror my top was on backwards!) and gone on my merry way. My friends at the event called the place where they were staying and found me a room (which was also less than spectacular, but desperate times, desperate measures!). So after the event we all drove over there -- deer deer deer ALL over the roads; UGH!

Yesterday morning I drove back from Michigan to a suburb and met a client who wrote an offer on a house, which was accepted, and now they called me this morning and told me they aren't going to go through with it. Frankly that's no surprise (don't ask...). Then I came home, cleaned up a bit, and waited for TR to arrive.

Today... I'm exhausted!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, when you get your OEC ring you'll have to pick between 3 new rings. Decisions, decisions. I keep thinking of your WF eternity band. It is so pretty.
Oh no about the B&B being "closed" and having deer on the road everywhere. I am glad you survived the weekend. Had you paid for the B&B already? I hope you enjoyed the charity event and visiting with your friends.
Phooey that your client backed out on their house offer but it sounds like you saw that one coming.
I hope you rested up today.

I am having a quiet evening but had a busy day at work. I amused myself quite a bit doing the other job I started learning last week. I did make a point today of asking them less questions and didn't once point out something that seemed pointless or redundant.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I had already paid for the B&B but they said they are sending me a check for a refund, which I'm pretty happy about. LOL about not pointing out things that seem pointless or redundant, sometimes you just gotta let those sleeping dogs lie...

Last night I didn't get to work out because a couple of things got moved around at the last night. It was OK though because I needed to do my nails (fingers and toes). I used a new blue and purple sparkly polish on my toes that makes me feel like I'm channeling my inner 13 year old girl, ha ha.

Tonight I'll head up to TR's after I swing by a client's place to get some paperwork signed and put a lockbox on her doorknob with keys so we can start doing showings. I'm happy to report the market here is still hopping!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! :wavey:

Dee Jay, that's a good deal your check is in the mail and it will be an even better deal when it shows up. Woo hoo!
I did decide it's best not offer suggestions to help streamline things in that other department right now. I think my boss might put them under me and have them join my department - think how good I'll look when I have all these ideas to save them time and effort.
How fun to use blue and purple sparkly polish on your toes. I like bright color polish but it always kind of shocks me at first.
Good deal the real estate market is still hopping there; I hope you have a good summer with a lot of closings.
Have fun at TR's and safe travels there and back. How is BR doing? Vroom Vroom.

Severe thunderstorms were predicted for our area today so I had Marty run me to work. We ended up with only pea sized hail but places in Colorado got smacked again. My sister, BIL and 2 of her sons had their cars trashed last night. They had golf ball sized hail; their windshields are smashed and the cars have a lot of dents.
I left a roast cooking in the crock pot today so dinner was easy to fix after Marty picked me up from work. Poor guy has to work most of the night tonight.
My boss's team has a meeting every day at 3 pm and I always join them. We venture off in to all sorts of weird topics and today we got on 23 and me; I said my results say I'm 78% victim so watch it. After we all had a good laugh one of them pointed out they'd believe that about one of my team members but not me. Then the same guy pointed out he wondered what percentage that same person had of being a drama queen. I haven't stopped laughing.
We have a free vendor BBQ at work tomorrow. It will be the typical burger or hot dog, chips and fruit cup but it's free.
This thread is so helpful sometimes. Marty is trying to sell his Apple Watch 2 and wanted to know how old it is; I searched for my posts in this category and found the answer. It's my daily blog.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I hope your BBQ lunch today was better than the BBQ lunch we had at my office last Friday! TR and I did go to a new place last night in my neighborhood and had a really good burger. When you come and visit me I'll be sure to take you there! :cheeky:

Today didn't unfold exactly like I'd planned... I put my gym clothes on and let the house with my regular stuff in a bag with the intention of walking over and getting the virtual tour pics done for a new listing, going to the gym, getting cleaned up there, and then going to lunch with some people. Welllll... at the end of the virtual tour I was taking some stuff out from under the kitchens sink where I'd stashed it off the kitchen counter for the pics and it was all wet under there. Apparently the P trap had rusted through and was leaking. So that added a whole different element of adventure to the day. I ended up dropping my stuff at the gym, going to lunch, then going back to the gym and working out and just came home to shower. Now I'm doing a second load of laundry so I have some things to take with me to NY tomorrow to visit my friend, and I am waiting for the sheets to dry so I can put them back on the bed. I also need to take Billy Ray for a drive because he hasn't been out of the parking in over a week, but I'm waiting for the city traffic to clear before I head for the expressway. As you can see, the excitement abounds here!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I don't think my BBQ lunch would be hard to beat. Your basic bulk frozen burgers, cold cheese, no pickles (WTH?), buns, chips and little packages of cookies. What can you expect? I will gladly try that really good burger in your neighborhood.
I hate days like that especially when you run in to some problem like a leaky sink. At least you did get everything accomplished. Have a great time in NY. Are you getting that OEC there or locally? I am quite anxious to see it.

I went to work, got rained on briefly on the way home but no hail. They had some pictures on TV today of hail so deep in Colorado yesterday they had to get snow plows out. I baked my last mini pizza for supper. Not much else exciting going on here.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to tell you I was pretty nervous coming home. A sheriff was in front of me and a policeman was behind me. Marty said when the last one turned off I should have put it in Sports Plus and punched it. That would be a picture for the scrapbook of Marcy being pulled over by a sheriff and a policeman.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy monsoon Thursday kids!

Curby, LOL on the photo -- let's make that a pic neither one of us adds to our scrapbooks!

Last night I did take Billy Ray out for about 45 mins, but aside from the very beginning where I got to go a decent speed I spent the rest of the time pretty much creeping along. City traffic never clears... I put all my clothes out when I got back from my drive (except I just realized I forgot one top I wanted to bring -- damn!) and this morning I somehow spent two entire hours just taking a shower and packing... ??? Oh well, I'm here at the airport now... but it's raining so hard I'm not sure if I should be getting on a plane or an ark! Plus my feet all wet in the process of getting in/out of the Lyft so now I'm freezing.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I agree neither of us want that picture for our scrapbook. Tonight I noticed a policeman behind me again; good thing I saw him when I did because I was about ready to punch it. I'd just got out of the city limits.
I am sure taking Billy Ray out for a spin was fun even though you had traffic and couldn't away from the crowd. You'd like the outer loop I take home; there are very few cars and most of them go a bit over the speed limit.
I hate cold feet; it just makes your entire body cold. Is it warm in NYC? Have fun.

I haven't had much pasta lately but did take some leftover spaghetti for lunch. Marty sent me a text about 3:30 he was going to make us spaghetti and meatballs. His was way better than my leftovers at lunch.
We had a rather intense rain while I was doing dishes. We are pretty dry here so we were glad too see that.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Woo hoo Dee Jay. Your gorgeous eternity band is jewel of the week. Good choice.

I left work 30 minutes early today. And get this one of my employees was parked by me and the negative @#$%^h was picking up something from her car and she parked right behind me so I couldn't get out. REALLY? I have so had it with her. :wall:
Marty noticed I got home at 13 minutes before I should get off work; I pointed out my car is fast so I got home before I left work. He didn't buy it.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We are having a heavy rain storm right now - no window leakage. Woo hoo!
Yesterday we went to Denver to celebrate my sister and BIL's 50th anniversary. It was a nice time. My nephew's family had an open house for them with cake and snacks.
It seems like all I've done this weekend is laundry and dishes.
Marty is packing to head back to LA this afternoon. I hope these rain storms move out and his plane isn't delayed.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I'm glad you pointed out that my ring was JOTW or else I literally may have never noticed, LOL.

So I had a whirlwind few days!

Thursday I flew in, dropped my stuff at #2's house and bolted over to 47th street to meet a jeweler who had a stone there that I wanted to see. It is gorgeous (even though the setting is not what I would have chosen for myself) and I'm not the proud owner of Yet Another Piece Of Jewelry. Dee is a little out of control right now...

Friday we went up to Connecticut and did some furniture shopping for #2's new house. We stayed with a friend of hers that night and the next day we went to her house to meet some people to measure for wallpaper, etc. Then we bolted back into the city and she went to a show with friends (she'd gotten the ticket before I booked my trip), which worked out fine because then I had dinner with a friend of mine from Goldman Sachs.

Yesterday we went to brunch in her neighborhood and then popped over to the city for a little light shopping before I headed back to the airport... where I then say for EIGHT FVCKING HOURS. Apparently there was a diagonal line of storms that traveled across the country and forced a ground hold all over the east coast. My 5 pm flight boarded about midnight and I got home around 2 am. Super tired today...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, I replied to your other thread. Very pretty diamond; I love step cuts. I don't dislike the ring but I agree you can put it in something else more to your liking. French cuts are great side stones. Are you getting an OEC too? You did have a few busy days but it sounds quite fun. Darn that it took you so stinking long to get home.

Work didn't exactly peg out on the "good day" meter but I lived through it. I too went jewelry shopping tonight. That bracelet I bought for my mom's pendant broke on my last week. Marty looked at it and said get a better bracelet. The links are thin and hallow. They are so flimsy the guy was able to get my pendant off with his fingers. So anyway I am ordering in a solid chain that is 4.5 mm thick. i had to put 20% down but if I don't like it they will refund my money. I had to order an 8" bracelet; 7" fit me but I like the 7.25 or 7.5 inch better so they can cut the 8" down for me.

I took Friday off. I'll make Marty take me to breakfast or lunch that day. Ha!
Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I *think* I'm getting a tiny little OEC, but it's been about two weeks and I haven't heard a peep out of the vendor so maybe they forgot about me... ? Good idea to get a thicker bracelet; you definitely don't want to lose the heart!

Yesterday I spent an ungodly amount of time looking at settings... After work I went to view a listing in a suburb, which is not generally something I take on, but it's for a good friend. When I got home all the dresses I ordered a few weeks ago from Nordstrom Rack were there... I'm only keeping one of them... Then I went to bed early because I was TIRED!

Today we've got some rain, but I'm hoping it clears in time for me to drive BR up to TR's tonight because aside from that short trip on the highway before I left for NY he hasn't been out of the parking lot in a few weeks.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hate when that happens with a vendor; hopefully it works out and you get a gorgeous OEC. I know they are very popular on PS.
It is so tough to decide on a setting and then you have to try and find a place to try on the style you like. Have you gone through the EC and Asscher's thread? Lots of good ideas in there. You are saving money only keeping one dress. I returned my gold hoop earrings tonight. I put them on this morning and one of them snapped; I didn't even have my receipt but they found my purchase on my debit card and gave me store credit. I bought them in May so I figured if they refunded my money I would be thrilled and if not, I tried. I ran in to an old friend in the line at customer service. It was fun to catch up with her. I hope you did drive BR up to TR's tonight. BR needed too get out for a drive. :D

We had to leave the building today for about 40 minutes; they had a Freon link in the basement. The fire truck showed up and the fire chief. I finally went and set in my car while we waited. Then this afternoon I offered to help another department who is short staffed and they had me watch a movie. I asked where I can apply for a transfer. I watched Kingsman: The Golden Circle. I watched it before but hey this time I got paid to watch it.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I've been through the EC/Asscher thread... and every other thread I can find, LOL. I'm on information overload! Really, I just need to sit down and organize the gazillions of pics I've saved over the past few weeks and be SURE of what I really want and then I can work on a plan to get it made. I keep louping the prongs because I'm convinced one of them isn't securing the stone. I think I'm going to stop wearing this thing until I get it redone. Sad, but a better option than losing the stone. And getting paid to watch a movie is awesome!

Last night I got everything together and headed up to TR's in BR... and then he called me and told me to switch cars because there was a huge line of storms coming across and he didn't want me to be driving BR in the rain with those wide shallow tires. I went home and swapped vehicles, and I was glad I did because there were some times when the rain was torrential! This morning all the bad weather was past and the traffic was really pretty light. I wonder if it will be that way all this week and next because people are taking off for the holiday... ?

I've got two more CPA CPE webinars today. And yet, even after this and a three day seminar in July, I've STILL got 34.5 hours left to do... :confused:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I can very much identify information overload after looking at some many pictures of rings and settings. Good luck going through everything you saved and figuring out what you want.
Oh no on maybe having a loose prong; can you have someone check it for you? I wouldn't wear it either.
I got paid for watching more TV again today. This time I skipped around through 3 movies and then watched the first 5 minutes of 4KHDR content. That was tough.
Glad you didn't end up driving BR in torrential rains. How nice though to have light traffic coming back today.
You are whittling down the hours on your credit hours. I can tell you are a lot smarter too. :D

We got up to 93 here today but it cooled off tonight with a rain shower. I was going to go out and clip off my dead flowers but it's pretty windy and it's a pain doing that in the wind so I'll try again tomorrow.
One more day of work this week. Sweet.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I'm on (yet another) two hour continuing ed webinar right now on (yet another) topic that I couldn't care less about. And you would think I'd HAVE to be getting smarter -- SOME info must be being absorbed by osmosis... right? But I highly doubt it!

So I think I'm making progress on my ring design. In the middle of the night it occurred to me that I want the halo to be just like my original wedding band design. Here's a pic. Now the question is whether to side stone or not. Any opinions? I know that side stones make the center look smaller, but I'm kinda drawn to them.

Band with ring 2.jpg

BTW, what do you use to connect to your iphone to take macro pics? Being Ms. Technology I bet you have some fancy dancy thing that makes it easy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am sure you are getting smarter with all of those webinars. Things sink in more than we think. That's my story anyway. :D
Your original set is very pretty. I agree the side stones do make the center look smaller and does pull your eyes away from the center diamond. I like it but it's all about personal preference. I like your band too. Are those carre cut diamonds in your band?
I don't have anything special for my cell phone and macros; it does a pretty decent job as it is. I generally use my point and shoot digital camera to take most of my macro shots of jewelry or flowers.

My 3 days weekend officially started at 5. Sweet. I met a friend for lunch and watched parts of 5 movies this afternoon. I stopped and had a piece of cheese pizza for supper on the way home then picked up a few groceries. Just as I got home Marty sent me a text to please go pick him up some oatmeal so I went back to the store. Twice to the dreaded grocery store in one day? Pure torture there. Ha Ha. The wind finally died down so I did go pick off my dead flowers. I think some rabbits or something are dining on them but they are doing okay.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning kids!

Dee Jay, I keep thinking about your pretty ring. Another thought on the side stones would be gypsy set; I like that little sparkle on my band but it's very subtle. My ering is the 3mm WF scattered diamond band that they put a head on. It made it more low profile that way too. I can't wait to see what you decide.

I got up about 7 today. The cleaning lady came at 9. Marty and I are going out to lunch so no dishes until supper anyway. Ha. I am totally enjoying not being at work.

I gave Marty his little killer rabbit. He like it.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby - if I become a pirate and wear a patch over my bad eye I can go with Currrrrrrrby :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bracelet I ordered came in and I like it. Nothing like the feel of solid gold, eh? They have to remove 3 links and solder the charm on it so I'll get it back in a few weeks.

As usual the mall jewelry store has yellow lighting
Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 3.56.22 PM.png

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We finished our evening last night by going out for ice cream. I had cake batter and chocolate. My favorite at Cold Stone.
Marty is playing golf this chilly morning. It's 61 degrees right now.

I spent over 90 minutes on the phone yesterday with our internet / voice provider. My monthly bill of $124 covers our 2 home phone numbers and our high speed internet. Our local provider (which has changed ownership / companies 4 times now) keeps advertising over 100 mbps speeds and we get 30 mbps if we are lucky so I just called to ask why I pay for high speed internet but don't get their advertised top speed. They tell me it is because they don't upgraded the customers from previous providers unless the customer requests it. She tries to update our service and keeps getting error messages. She puts me on hold and tries to get help but no one know what to and then she's says sorry but she has to leave now; her shift is over. She promises her supervisor will finish my changes and call me back. That didn't happen. So I went to our local office (which sadly they are closing soon) to be greeted at the door and my new services set up in 5 minutes. They gave me a new modem to install and my bill goes down $40 a month. The old modem is already downloading at 118 mbps but we may as well put in the new modem. The Irony of it all is I wanted to download a 4KHDR episode and my set top box keeps say I don't have enough bandwidth. I should now. :wall::wall::wall:

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday Kids!

I started my day at the grocery store. Things got better after that. :lol: We had fresh fruit and grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch and roast beef, potatoes and veggies for supper. I've been reading most of the day.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I'm glad you got faster internet speed -- and for less money! -- but what a pain in your butt to have to actually go there to get it done. And LOL on the grocery store... I haven't been in ages and I plan on keeping it that way!

This weekend flew by. Friday is gone from my head already, so nothing to report there, ha ha. Saturday TR came into the city with the dogs and we just hung out and then went to a taco place for dinner. They have some interesting combos on the menu (coconut on the chicken one, peanuts on the espresso rubbed barbacoa, stuff like that) and I think he was a little taken aback. Sorry bub, this is the CITY and we're not just all Taco Bell down here! Yesterday I did a showing and then cleaned the house for Six Solid Hours. Both bathrooms, mopped the floor (which involved moving a bunch of furniture, dusting the top of the ducts, kitchen counters and stove... UGH. My back was pretty sore by the time I got done, and when I got to TR's I ate dinner, climbed on the couch, and promptly fell asleep. If he hadn't woken me to come upstairs to bed I'd still be there!

Today I have to go and have an inspection done in the 'burbs and work out. I'd also like to run by TJ Maxx and Marshalls and returns a few things (which will of course involve the purchase of more things... it's a vicious cycle! Oh! And on the buying front, We went to an auction in Indiana on Saturday and I wandered down to some shops in the strip mall. I bought a cute dress for $6 and then we stopped at the Salvation Army and I got two tops and another dress, all from Ann Taylor, for $17. Now that's my kid of shopping!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hate waiting on the phone trying to get service arranged. It's better than grocery shopping though. :lol: Good for you not giving in to that need for stocking your shelves or refrigerator.
I did chuckle at the big city taco place - Marty would be all over the updated and expanded options; I'd be going um can I just have plain old tacos.
Cleaning does sound like quite a chore. It's nice when it is done though.
That is so true about returning things to the store; you always leave with more things some of which probably will need returned. It's a vicious cycle.

I sure didn't want to be at work today. I was kind of easily irritated but I only made smart remarks to them with my inner voice.
I did manage to squeeze in about 3 hours of the TV watching quality checking thing so that was nice.
I picked up a thin crust canadian bacon and pineapple pizza to bake for supper. I have 3 lunches left now too.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy 4th of July Eve!

I left work an hour early today. Most people left 2 hours early but I had just started a 90 minute movie before 2:30 so I finished it. I told Marty I am helping that department out because they are so far behind and the 2 of them working today left at 3. I'm sitting there wondering why I am working late to help them? Oh well; I didn't have anything better to do.

We had some rain showers today; it was hitting the building at work so hard I thought it was hail. Must have been big drops.

Our windows will be getting installed next Friday. How exciting.
Have a fabulous, fun and safe 4th of July!

Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results