carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Independence Day kids!

Curby, LOL on helping a department that's so far behind the people leave early! Sounds like typical corporate America to me. :cheeky:

Yesterday I helped a friend buy some rugs for her new place. The two of us hauling 8 X 10 rugs through the parking lot, into her building, through the lobby, into the elevator and down the hall to her place was like a Laurel and Hardy episode. But we got it done! Then I went to TR's and we had an early dinner at a nice restaurant by his house and went to bed early. The dogs barked quite a bit last night due to the fireworks, which made me a little crazy, even with earplugs in. This morning TR was UP at 6 am. I rolled over and got another hour and a half of sleep (probably the best sleep of the night) before finally rallying for coffee and bacon. We were going to take the kids to the Shedd Aquarium today but that plan got nixed so I am just now back from the gym. Had shower and a snack that I picked up at the deli there, and I plan on doing my nails and spending the rest of the afternoon on the couch with a book. There maybe be some wine involved too. :tongue:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy 4th of July!

Dee Jay, you have that right about typical corporate America. If I wasn't slow this time of year I wouldn't be offering to help them.
I can imagine you and a friend hauling those big old rugs around; I am picturing the 2 of you as a Lucy and Ethel duo there.
I feel so bad for animals dealing with fireworks. It scares them for sure. Glad you slept in a bit this morning. We both slept in late for us. Marty said he had better sleeping through chemistry; he slept until almost 7:30. His insomnia is bad.
I finished a book last night a downloaded a few more. Did you enjoy some reading and wine as planned? I spent most of my day working on my Mars program for our astronomy meeting. Naturally I have to end the program with this image - right after I tell them what they can expect to see on Mars through a telescope.
:lol:

marvin_on_mars.jpg

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, LOL on the martian! And no wine for me last night... Every time I sat down and realized I didn't have a glass in my hand it seemed like too much effort to get up and open a bottle.

I did a bunch of reading and not much else after posting yesterday. It did at point point occur to me that I could dust the bookshelves (the lower half anyway, I'm not allowed to get up on the 10' ladder without adult supervision present). Let's just say that did't happen... But maybe tonight!

My office is pretty much empty today. I plan on getting a lot of work done!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that sounds like me on getting up to get something. I'm comfortable do I really want it that bad? :D I don't think we have any wine right now that I like. I'd best remedy that soon. Marty is sipping on some whiskey on the deck right now while he is grilling steaks.

Good luck with dusting your bookshelves - I can see why you need someone else around when you dust those high shelves.

I always enjoy the empty building at work around holidays. It's nice and quiet.

I sure didn't want to be at work today. I did go watch the first 3 minutes of about 2 dozen video on demand programs. Such tough work there. It kept me away from my employees so that was a win win for me.

Tomorrow is Friday. Sweet.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, what do you mean you don't have any wine right now?! That's like saying there's no oxygen available on planet at the moment. WHA?!? Fix that sister! I just placed a $1500 order from our local booze store for my X-mas in July Party next Friday, I'll have them divert a case to WY!

So last night I didn't sleep great (I think I ate something a little off yesterday, which I was suspect of as I ate it, but yet, I finished it... ??? Dee ain't so bright some times... ) and my plan to get up early and go to the gym went right out the window. I feel a bit better now so I'll probably go after work.

Tomorrow I have to take stock of what I need for the party and also Dust The Damn Book Cases! Then I'm getting my haircut at 5 o'clock and heading to dinner straight from there. Here to hoping she doesn't do anything that leaves me crazy looking because I won't have a chance to fix it before dinner, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I do have at least 15 bottles of wine in our wine rack, just not my favorite; I generally drink Chardonnay. We've got lots of red wines and I think some other white wines. I could come up with something if I really wanted something. It sounds like you'll be well stocked for your Christmas in July party.
Sorry to hear you didn't feel well last night and didn't get a good night's sleep. I am glad you feel better today.
Good luck with dusting tomorrow. I hope your hair cut turns out okay. I am getting mine cut next weekend with a new lady; I will see how that goes. Have fun at dinner.

I was sure glad when 5 pm rolled around today. I spent over 1/2 of my day watching 2 movies. Such tough work there. Marty has golf and training with a client planned this weekend. I need to run errands in the morning but don't have much else planned other than chores around the house.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, well I'm relieved to hear you have SOME wine in the house! But yes, go get some that you LIKE. I'm a little flummoxed that the department that needed help has you sitting around watching so many movies, but as I said before: Corporate America!

Yesterday I felt a bit better by afternoon and did actually go to the gym. I swung by my client's house on he way home and picked up an earnest money check that I have to remember to drop off today at another brokerage. I also need to go to Costco for my party next week, grab some materials from my real estate office, get my hair cut, do a showing, and have dinner with friends. Oh... and the bookcases are still undusted, LOL. Tomorrow I don't have anything planned yet except I'd like to work out, and I'll see TR after he drops the kids back at their mother's in the evening.

I just looked at the Costco website and if I motivated I could be there when they open in an hour and 22 minutes. Well, me and a gazillion other people, all waiting at the front door ready to shop shop shop!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! Quick question for you Curby! If I get the cookies and Hawaiian rolls from Costco and put them in the freezer until Friday will they be OK... ? I think (hope!) so because I really don't want to make two trips to Costco in one week!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yet I would say pizza and cookies will be fine in the freezer until Friday.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, to be honest I like all of our wine after I've had the first few sips. Some red wine really gets me buzzed or make me very quiet; my aunt told me some of them have histamines in them and since allergy meds really mess with me that makes sense. I don't know if you remember my reaction to allergy meds; they turn me in to a total cry baby. Such a fun sight to see. NOT.
You do have a very busy day planned. Did you get everything you needed at Costco? We have the business membership at Sams Club so can go in during the early hours but it doesn't seem to matter much on crowds. I think everyone has one of those accounts.
Did you decide on a setting for your new ring? I keep meaning to go check your thread so maybe I'll remember to do that now. I am starting to feel like I am too easily distracted - by 'ooh squirrel' these days.
That department I am helping is responsible for quality checking movies and programs so it's not like they are squandering time; but it is so much more fun for me than dealing with employees.

I woke up at 5 day. Marty had a client to meet at 5:30; I left him a huge orange note at his eye level to roll out the trashcan. He forgot which I noticed on one of my stalking apps that the truck was gone from the garage but the trashcan was still there. They are doing early pickup today since our trash day was the holiday this week. My PJ's are light sweat pants and a t-shirt so all I had to do was put on shoes to roll the trash can out. Marty said he saw the note and forgot about it between the door and his truck. He has that "ooh squirrel" problems worse than I do. I did manage to sleep another hour or so though.

Marty made me an egg, cheese and Canadian bacon sandwich for breakfast. We are going to lunch when he is finished with golf.
I have the laundry done already - sweet.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I got everything I needed for the party with the exception of two things, which I knew I'd have to get from the regular grocery store anyway. What I forgot to get was anything for me to actually eat between now and then, LOL. I was so focused on party stuff I didn't get so much as a rotisserie chicken! As for my ring... I'm honing in on a final design. Just waiting to hear back if the side traps are a good idea or not because I'm going to have quite a bit of finger coverage with the halo so not sure I'm even going to have room for them!

I did everything I wanted to do yesterday with the exception of only getting about half of the bookshelves dusted, but I'll finish that today. I also want to work out and maybe return some things that I bought several weeks ago but have never worn and now that I've lost a little weight they don't really fit right (jeans specifically). I've also got to get the Christmas tree from my friends that I "time share" it with and hopefully TR will put it up for me because I don't think I can reach to do the top piece. Ah, the joys of being short!

Our weather has been awesome temperature wise these past few days, and sunny, but man oh man the barometric pressure is KILLING me. I've been popping Advil allergy sinus meds like PEZ. If something doesn't break soon I'm afraid my eyeballs are going to pop right out of my head!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you did good then getting everything you needed at Costco. Darn you forgot to get something for you to eat this week. I am baking some potatoes right now and will bake some of the leftover ribs and chicken from last Wednesday. Neither of them were done enough for me so I am adding BBQ sauce and baking them in the oven. I will have plenty leftover for a lunch or two.

That is a good though about side traps on your ring since you are going with a halo. That may be a bit wide - sounds like a good project to print out and try on your hand. It will look amazing but definitely be a lot of finger coverage.

Woo hoo to losing some weight and having clothes to return. Congratulations!

I am sure you are glad to have 1/2 of your bookshelves dusted. I am sure that is quite a chore.

That is kind of funny that your time share your Christmas tree with someone. Do they use it at Christmas time? I sure wish we still had our 14 foot tree but we gave it away because it took up too much space at our old house. Now we have plenty of room and have a think 7 foot tree. It does hold all of my Snoopy ornaments so that is all that matters.

We were in the 90's here today and will be for this week. Allergies are awful here too. LOL that you are popping allergy pills like Pez. Darn that it doesn't help.

Marty left for the airport about an hour ago. I am washing towels and the table cloth, getting dishes done, things put away and the house will be mostly clean until late Thursday night. :lol:

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I finally finished dusting the bottom half of the bookshelves last night while I was waiting for TR. I'm just gonna pretend the upper half doesn't exist, LOL. Yes, my friends use the tree at real Xmas and I use it in July. Works out perfectly for us! Those trees do take up a ton of space though, even boxed up, so I'm glad my friends store it in their garage.

Yesterday I walked over to the gym and did a pretty good workout. Then, aside from finishing dusting the bookshelves, I did not much more productive until TR got there about 8:30, and then we picked up the tree from my friends, put it up, and also inflated the three blow-up coolers that I use for bottled water and beer at the party. I forgot how long that takes, and I don't have the right nozzle for the pump so one of them was a real PITA. It's done now though! I just realized I never got a confirmation email form the liquor store about my order. I need to follow up with them right now and make sure they're actually bringing my booze!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, good plan to pretend the top half of the bookshelves don't exit; it's like around here Marty is the only one who ever knows if there is dust on top of the refrigerator. That is a great deal to share a Christmas tree with a friend; yes they do take a lot of storage space. The large one we had was stored in 3 pieces plus the stand and the 3 pieces were all housed in one of those large rubber trashcans. They worked great though.
That's great you had a good workout yesterday plus got the tree put up. Blowing up coolers sounds like a chore without the correct nozzle. I don't believe I've seen a blow up cooler. Good idea though since they are so bulky.
I hope the liquor store did have your order. That would be chaos to run out of liquor. Things could quickly spiral out of control.

I spent over 1/2 of my day watching some segments of movies or programs today. I am going to have to watch "I Feel Pretty". It looks like something I'd enjoy.
A friend of mine brought over take out for us for supper then we played 3 rounds of cribbage; i won all three. :D Then I pulled out my jewelry to see if she is interested in buying any of the pieces I am considering selling. Jewelry sale at Marcy's.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I'll take pics for you of the blow up coolers. I have three different ones at this point and every time I'm in TJ Maxx or Marshalls they have them at the check out line area so I have to resist buying more.

Last night I left my office and did a showing, and the agent texted me that her client wants to come back for a second time, but I haven't heard when yet. Possibly late this afternoon. Driving up to TR's was pure torture -- the sun was directly in front of me the whole damn way, and too low on the horizon for my visor to help at all. My sunglasses were useless too. Ugh. The drive in this morning was not bad though.

I've got to plow through a big pile of stuff in The Drawer Of Death in anticipation of getting a bunch of paperwork ready for my peeps on Thursday. I plan on coming in for a few hours to take care of it between working out and a condo meeting at my place (which will likely be pretty contentious so I need to pick up a couple boxes of wine for that ahead of time, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thanks for getting me a picture of those coolers. They sound like a great idea. Of course about 6 months of the year here you can leave things on the porch and it works as well as a cooler - except for the occasional freezing things. :lol:
I hope that client does want to see the house you had a showing for a second time.
I am with you on driving in to the sun and being too short that the visor doesn't help at all. That is me going to and coming home from work easily 6 months of the year. Sadly it seems like the trip to TR's is longer than my commute.
LOL to Drawer of Death. I have a closet that is it's close cousin. Things go in and I never see them again.

Speaking of wine I had 2 glasses of wine with supper and I wanted more. I needed to put gas in my car on the way home and I was seriously tempted to go knock on a friend of mine's door and say trick or drink. But i came home instead.
I met a friend for supper; it was nice to catch up with her.
Sadly I was confronted with no internet access when I got home. As I posted on FB : I can take a lot of things but having no internet access isn't going to cut it.
Marty's glasses snapped in half today. The glasses shop he went to at a mall found one pair of glasses that were the same sized lenses.
Is it Friday yet?

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, Trick or Drink -- LOVE THAT! Still waiting on feedback from the second showing... but since we're not sitting here with an offer I guess that's feedback in and of itself. Hope springs eternal though!

Last night I worked until about six and then went to the gym. I wasn't really super into it, but I did my hour of cardio. The mats where I like to stretch and stuff at the end were all full so I just bagged that part, and I didn't feel really motivated to do the arm machines either, so I skipped those too. Bad Dee!

Today I have to do a bunch of stuff for our quarterly certifications, and I think I'll be here tomorrow do work on them too for a few hours. Oh well, it's all got to get done, right?!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Last night I stopped on the way home and got mustard for the sammiches for the party tomorrow, 2 gallon jugs of water to anchor the inflatable in the parking lot, wine in a box for tonight's condo meeting, and fried chicken, which turned out to be a huge disappointment. To assuage my disappointment I got two chocolate chips cookies out that are supposed to be for the party tomorrow. I stopped at opening booze though, so I will take that was a win!

This morning I did a little prep work for the condo meeting tonight and then went to the gym and had a pretty hard work out to make up for the one I weaseled out on a bit the other night. Now I'm at my office doing a quarterly project that it's good to get finished, but I really don't want to be here right now...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, trick or drink works pretty well. You just have to go somewhere that you know they'll have some good booze on hand. :D
I hope you do get an offer from that second showing.
Sorry to hear your gym was so crowded. Marty sure wasn't happy with the gym in LA - he said it must have been near 100 degrees in there both times. Ugh.
Good luck getting the quarterly certifications done. I have to take our annual safety course.
Rats that the fried chicken turned out too be a disappointment. I had chicken nuggets for supper and already hit the alka seltzer. Probably not a good call for me.
How was the condo meeting?
Have a wonderful time at your party tomorrow!!!

I went to the mall on the way home tonight since they called to say my bracelet was ready to pick up. They didn't remove the 3 links I asked them to take out; I don't think it will fall off my hand but it does slide up and down a lot. I at least get more gold that way. I also dropped my pave band off to be fixed; a diamond fell out of it. So naturally being at the mall I decided to eat chicken.

Marty is on his way home tonight. He used a ton of data transferring stuff to Apple TV so our Verizon bill is going to be a steep one. We don't have unlimited data and rarely go over our 6 gigs. I also got our car insurance renewal policy. Our monthly payment went up $9 and we got a cover letter explaining why they dropped our safe driving discount - aka Marty's speeding ticket.

I watched 3 minute clips of about 40 shows at work today. Such fun.

Our new windows get installed tomorrow. I am so excited.
Take care.
Curby

IMG_5928.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

New windows are installed. Woo hoo! I can tell which ones they put in last because they didn't clean the glass very well when they were done. I used a wet rag and wiped off the window sills then dried them. I didn't want to mess with the new caulking around the windows. I vacuumed as well then proceeded to let the Dyson fall on the floor; I don't know what i was more worried about - the Dyson or the wood floor. It looks like I dinged the floor a bit and the door popped open of the Dyson's trash can (so to speak) but it closed again okay. I'd best try a spot again and make sure it works. Phooey.

I grilled myself a burger tonight for supper and did a batch of laundry already. I am getting a hair cut in the morning.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

It's hot and sunny here today. I got the laundry done and snipped off my dead flowers in our pots out front. Now i'm waiting for the internet guy to come check out equipment. We've been unable to access the internet several times this week and supposedly they moved cables and expected these outages. Um why did you not tell us of such things? So then he said he checked our equipment and it's almost running perfect other than maybe a few tweaks. You shouldn't have said that sucker - now you need to come out and check it. Ha!

Have a great day.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Where did the weekend go? I finished my chores including picking up groceries. Now I'm watching TV and working on clearing out my very slow draining sink. My thrill-o-meter is pegged. :lol:

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, your bracelet looks great! I'm glad your new windows are in. Hopefully the payback on those will be swift. Did your internet get fixed? TR's is affected by the weather quite a bit; if there's a storm he can count on being un-connected. That would drive me crazy! Take it easy with that Thrill-O-Meter there sister, you'll pop a gasket or something!

Whew -- what a weekend! The Thursday condo meeting went ok, but there was the usual level of unnecessary trauma/drama. Friday was a whirlwind! I was hard at the party prep by 7 am. Everything went pretty well though and I even had time around 2:30 to go and get Billy Ray washed so he'd be sitting there in all his shiny glory when the guests arrived. The party went off without a hitch, and actually got done pretty early... but the after party ended around 4 am at some dive hot dog joint... ugh. Saturday I should have cleaned everything up, but TR came down and we put most of it off until Sunday. The place is all put back together now though. I've got a crazy week here -- training a new class of associates that start today, an attorney in from NY, and a conference on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. By Friday I will be ready for a big nap!

The cow bag lady was commenting on how much weight. Honestly, I don't think I've lost ANY (or certainly not much), but some of it may have redistributed, ha ha. TR and I were talking about it last night and he said he can definitely tell a difference, so I guess it's all worth it.

Alright, off to do a zillion things!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, our internet has worked better but was down again last night. That stinks for TR; that the weather affects his internet. It does drive me crazy when it doesn't work. I will try to keep my thrill-o-meter in check so I don't pop a gasket. I sure wouldn't want to clean that mess up!

You did have a very busy weekend. I can't say I am surprised the condo meeting had it's usual level of trauma and drama. Sounds similar to my usual day at work. I am glad you cleaned up Billy Ray for your party. That is always nice to show off for guests. That's awesome your party was a hit but I'm not sure the dive hot dog joint sounds that good. I am sure it was GREAT at 4 am though. I think it was a great idea to rest on Saturday then clean up on Sunday. Good plan. And now it's back to work.

Woo hoo to losing weight. Congratulations.

I got grounded at work from watching TV. I was so sad. My boss wants my employees and his employees to get off their but and volunteer. Darn. I am working on updating the manual for our processes and procedures. That is a total snooze fest.

I watched a great lightning storm over Nebraska late last night. Someone was getting wet over there.

I've been working on my program on Mars for our astronomy club. Now that I don't teach I actually have too study my notes.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the kind words about my bracelet - the extra length is kind of driving me crazy but I am not sure I want to turn it back in again.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Wednesday.

We were in the 90's today. It's like summer or something. Tomorrow is my Friday. Woo hoo!
I keep looking at pink sapphire earrings. I don't know why I like earrings so much; you never see them on me. But I know they are there. :D

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 7.13.15 AM.png

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! I was glad Marty hadn't started lifting when I got home over an hour late - we went out for supper and wandered around a store for a while. It was nice.

Tomorrow begins a 3 day weekend. Woo hoo!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, so I think I'm going to grow a short bob out but then my earrings will be hidden... and oh how I love my earrings! But I just had a bad haircut that made me really really start thinking about bobbing again. Hmmm... what's your advice? Love the cartoon! I did a class at the gym yesterday, which was my first one since going back to working out. I am (a) proud of myself for not going overboard and coming out crippled, LOL, but (b) kinda disappointed that I'm not more sore because that means I could have worked just a smidge harder. Striking that balance is difficult!

TGIF! I spent the past three days locked in a room at the University of Chicago while people droned on and on and ON about the Federal Securities Laws. Ugh. The good news is I got 18 continuing ed credits (only 32.5 more to go by Sept. 30!), the bad news is I'm brain dead. Ugh. I also reconnected with two of my old colleagues, which as really nice.

Today I'm going to the gym (just my usual cardio, no class!) and returning a bunch of stuff (which of course means BUYING a bunch more stuff... what a vicious cycle... !). One of my neighbors moved out so the unit she was in could be renovated, but she's back as of yesterday so we're planning on having some wine ad catching up tonight.

Tomorrow TR and I are driving to Iowa. Better get my passport out! We're going to drop the boys off with TR's parents and go to a concert at the fairgrounds. There was some discussion about where we were going to spent the night, ranging from at the house of a friend of his to a tent, but I'm happy to report we seem to be planning on spending the night at a hotel in Dubuque. I don't think I've ever been to Dubuque. Can't say I've ever WANTED to go to Dubuque... but sometimes life takes us to new and interesting places, right?!

OK, off to see what the coffee maker has to say this morning. I imagine it will be... "Hello Dee! Would you like some cafinnnnnnnne?!"

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I think you look good in a short bob. That is kind of what my hair style is right now. I want some more layers. It need to grow it out a bit first. As long as I don’t have to style it or curl it I’m good.

Woo Hoo on getting so many credits but ugh to what you had to listen to while earning those credits.

I believe the class at the gym didn’t make you sore because you’ve been working out. Woo Hoo for you,

Have fun on your trip to Iowa. At least it wasn’t to Wyoming but then again you could spend the night here. We have wine.

I stayed up last night past midnight trying to set up an application on my new work laptop. That laptop is pretty low end, I’m glad I don’t have to use it all the time.
This morning I took my car to a car wash, went to the bank, picked up some bread - Apple pie swirl and cinnamon chip. I sent home 1/2 of each load with my sister and BIL. After our company arrived we went out for lunch then visited with them for a few hours. I picked off the dead flowers then picked up a friend of mine to go the mall with me. We looked at jewelry and crystal. Then had a small ice cream cone.
I came home and practiced my talk on Mars for our astronomy meeting.
The best part of my day was not being at work.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results