shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I will write more later but hopefully your step cut ring isn’t huge. Maybe it’s a closeup which makes it look larger than on your finger? You can text me or email me the video if you want.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, I just texted you the video.

Uhhhhh... ???

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there.......seems I go MIA too often. I haven't even read through recent posts (but will when time permits), but wanted to pop in and say hello. To say, life has been overwhelming of late is an understatement. I wound up having to have more plumbing surgery and then wound up in the emergency room after 5 grueling days at home with a catheter in me. The emergency room stay wound up being an all-night experience as I had to wake poor Charlie up at Midnight to take me. It turned out OK and I was released at about 6 AM to go home. I spent the next few days just recovering and am now doing much much better.

Through all of this, I'm still doing well at work and maintain top producer status, so that's good.

We got new cars. Not what I thought we'd get, but new cars none-the-less. We had actually ordered a 2019 C Cabriolet for Charlie. Didn't get that. I tried to buy a Jaguar F Pace Sport, but they were so darn snooty and wouldn't offer any (I mean ANY) discount off MSRP, so that didn't work. I then test drove a 2018 Mercedes E400 Sedan and decided to order a 2019. As I was test driving it, Charlie test drove the E300 (smaller output enginer, but same car) and he decided he'd rather have that. Got it a week ago and he's thrilled. Then my dealer called me last week to say my 2019 wouldn't be built until November and the prices are going even higher and he had a 2018 E400 with most of the options I wanted and offered it to me at a discount I just couldn't refuse. So Saturday, I picked it up and now we're a two Mercedes E Class house hold. The ambient lighting systems in these puppies is worth the price of admission alone. Here is a photo of the dash all lit up. You can adjust the ambient lighting to 64 different colors.

E400 Dash.jpg

And a photo of the two side by side in our driveway. Mine is the Silver one on the right.

E300 E400.jpg

Sorry for the flyby, but I was thinking about you and wanted to say hey........

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Rod! Your cars look great!!! I'm sorry to hear about your issues, but it sounds like you're on the mend. I'm sure Charlie is doing a great job of taking care of you!

Curby, I found a few pics of the OEC ring from Ivy and Rose.

OEC2.jpg OEC.jpg

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Charlie has taken beyond wonderful care of me!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am very anxious for you to get your step cut ring. I think it is very pretty. I like your new OEC ring too; it has a lot of great detail on the ring and it's a very nice diamond. I see the appeal of the OEC diamonds. Of course step cuts are my favorite.
I am glad you got Billy Ray back; I am sorry there are a few little spots but you are right only you will notice it. I have a little chip in my windshield I should get filled. I am sure you enjoyed the trip up to TR even though there was a lot of traffic.
Did you get your annual review done?
I watched your video again on my laptop. This time I noticed was who made it; before I was only paying attention to your ring. He really did a great job on the detail on the band. It looks like a nice, solid ring; I love the feel of a ring like that. I am excited for you to get it this week.

Rod, your new Mercedes are great. That is some interior and how cool you can change the colors. I am so sorry you continue to have health issues and have spent time in the hospital. I hope you are on the mend and this is soon a bad memory. Good deal you are doing great at work even with what you've been going through. Tell Charlie I knew he'd be taking good care of you. Big hugs to both of you.

I left a roast cooking in the crock pot for supper. We had salad and an ear of corn with it. Dishes took over an hour but good meals are often like that.

We had a lot of rain today with flash flood warnings issued. I sent Marty a text and told him to get life jackets on the rabbits and bears. He said if water was reaching our main floor it was too late to save much of anything. Luckily we didn't have any issues here.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Marcy, I read through some of the posts and that picture of the hail was something. Sorry about the potent weather you're having. It's hot down here, but we're having a pretty normal summer with late afternoon thunderstorms. No hail though. In fact, it rained on my way home tonight. Of course it's the first time I've driven my new car in the rain, so I had to wipe it dry so it would be nice and clean for the morning drive to work. LOL I am doing much better since having the surgery. I hope I don't ever have to go through that again.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, whew! I'm glad my project is "in hand" so to speak, and thank you a TON for being a sounding board! I'll do a thread when I have some time to take good pics. And about that annual review... HA! No honey, it ain't done!

Rod, I'm so glad you're doing better! Hopefully they've fixed everything at this point and you're as right as rain (to quote my great grandmother... although I never really did know what that meant, LOL).

Last night I had a good workout and then TR met me at the gym for dinner (they have a couple of restaurants there, one of which is pretty good. I was rather uncomfortable when we went to bed though; it's unusual for me to eat late (and a full meal at that) and then go to be soon after.

Today I have to do a showing at lunch and take a client who is closing tomorrow to her final walk through after work. Oh... and I'll be toiling away on the annual review. Of course!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I was sorry to see the new car was hurt. Have you had it fixed yet? I too hope I'm right as rain now. It's been a tough couple years tbh. I too hate eating dinner late then going to bed. There are early bird specials for a good reason! LOL. Though we're still eat dinner at 6 PM fellows.

Good luck with the showing and closing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I am so glad you are doing better after the surgery. I sure hope you never have to deal with that again. LOL you wiped your car down after it got rained on; I noticed tonight my car was pretty dusty. I need to get it washed. We've had over 400 severe thunderstorm warnings here already this year and it's only August. It's been crazy. I'm with you on dinner by 6. I don't like to eat late.

Dee Jay, I was glad to help with your project and I am so glad it has a happy ending. Any time! Darn you didn't get your annual review done yet. I find them difficult to do too. I hope you slept okay after eating late. I sure don't like to go to bed after a big meal. That's nice there are some good restaurants near the gym. i hope your showing went well today and the final walk through goes smoothly tomorrow.

I don't want to bring on the wrath of mother nature but so far not a drop of rain today. It was foggy this morning and my weather alert went off and I actually said "Oh, what now?" It was just a notice the fog would life by 10.

They called to tell my my glasses were ready to pick up. My rings haven't looked this clear for a long time. Woo hoo! Forget everything else; checking out my rings is what is most important. They are sure a different prescription. The eye doctor is across the street from Dairy Queen so I ate supper there; a root beer freeze sounded good at the time. Marty sent me a text while I was eating asking me to pick him up some Gatorade. He's beating up his body pretty good these days.

Have a fabulous Thursday. We are closer to the weekend.
Laters,
Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, having clear vision is a major boon to seeing sparkles better! I'm glad it didn't rain OR hail there today. I didn't have to wipe anything off when I got him as it didn't rain here today either. Tomorrow, I'm taking the car to the dealership to have them tint the back windshield over. They didn't clean the glass well before they put the tint on and it's going to drive me nuts as I can see smudges in the glass, but I can't clean them. I'm too 'anal' about things like that. Saturday morning, our car detail guy is coming over to the house to wax both cars.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, we've had 2 days without rain or hail. I'll take it. Sweet your pretty new car didn't get rained on either. My middle vision is not quite right but the far distance has improved a bit. Close up still remains pretty good. i've definitely got a headache from it though. I totally would not like seeing smudges in my window tint either. I hope they fix that right up for you. Nice that your detail guy comes to your house to polish up your cars.

I was busy all day at work so the day zipped by. Marty was on the deck when I got home and I didn't see him out there (I figured he was still downstairs working) so I had peaches and an English muffin with peanut butter for supper. He wanted to go eat somewhere. Oh well, we went out and he had a burrito bowl and then we went and had a dish of ice cream.

One more day of work. Woo hoo.
Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Marcy, turns out they didn't have to redo the back windshield tint. I went over during lunch expecting he'd have to pull it off and replace it and they even had a loaner car all ready for me. What I was seeing was some residue left over that had dried and couldn't easily be removed. But he was able to clean it off in about a minute and it was perfect. The tint guy was really nice and did such a good job. When I arrived, he was tinting a $300,000 Maybach, so he does quality work for sure.

We too didn't have any rain again today! If it rains tomorrow, I won't wipe the car down, because our detail guy is coming Saturday morning to wax both cars and he'll wash it well before waxing.

I get off work tomorrow at 2:00 PM as I made a placement this week. So woo hoo to starting the weekend early! Not sure what we're doing this weekend, but it won't be much OR expensive after buying two new cars in a row.

Have a happy Friday and here's hoping you have another rain/storm free day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, that's great they didn't have to redo the tint and fixed it by a good cleaning. Fun to see such a cool car. Congratulations on making a placement this week and that's awesome you get paroled early for the weekend. I was contemplating being sick in the morning. Ha Ha. I should try not to spend money this weekend either but if I go look at earrings I'll probably buy something. Thanks for wishing me a storm free day.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, did you call in sick today? I actually toyed with your idea, but I just have too many clients begging for people to not work at all today. It's almost lunch time, then a little more work, then off off off!

We're having our normal Friday evening Sushi date with our friends. They want to see my new car (they both drive Mercedes as well), so it's fun to share with them.

I think we're having dinner with my brother and SIL tomorrow, but that's about all the actual plans we have for the weekend.

If I don't check in later, have a great star to the weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I did not call in sick; I often think about it but never do. That's great so many clients are begging for people. Employment is up. How was your sushi dinner? I am sure you enjoyed getting off work early. How cool your friends drive Mercedes too. Have a nice time catching up with your brother and SIL. Sounds like a great weekend. If you are out in the hot tub late the new few days look to the ENE for meteors.

We aren't going to Denver tomorrow. Marty has a client in the morning so we probably get out of here until 11 at the earliest. I need to get all of his laundry done since he is flying out on Sunday. I suggested we go some weekend he isn't heading to LA.

We went out for pizza tonight. Marty wanted to carb up for his workout tomorrow. They replaced our drain motor today in the dishwasher and it was bsrely audible again. It's been noisy for over a year; I should have called sooner.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday,

The detail guy arrived early, so my car is in the driveway having it's spa treatment. Then when it's done Charlie's car gets its treatment. We're going down to my brothers for dinner this evening. That's about all the plans we have for the weekend.

We had a great dinner with our friends last night.

Sorry you're not going to Denver, but waiting till Marty isn't heading to LA the next day seems like a good idea. Yummm to Pizza. We've found the most wonderful little pizza place in a old neighborhood not far from our house. They only have Pizza and Wings on the menu and both are simply amazing. But we only get Pizza every few months.

Have a great Saturday!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Rod, sorry for your continued plumbing problems. The hospital I presently work in specializes in Urology...so I understand your "issues". Healing vibes your way. And great cars!! Mine car "resembles" yours....I love it!

DeeJay--lovely ring. And I hope BR is back to snuff. As I was driving home from out of town yesterday....the bumper from the car ahead of me (going 130 kms per hr) dropped off...it was like a movie where I saw it fall onto the road and I managed to use evasive maneuvers to avoid it! Gotta love the right handling of a MB sports car. Oh and my heart almost stopped. lol

Nice earrings Marcy!

cheers--Sharon

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Sharon! Nice to see you. Thanks for the healing vibes!

Our poor detail guy. Of all mornings for the thunderstorms to be here in the morning, today's the day. Our summer storms are mainly afternoon, but today the breeze is off the Gulf to the east, which reverses the timing of the storms. So it's pouring, with lightning and thunder now. He's pretty much finished with my car, but has to wait for the storm to end before he can wax Charlies.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, nice to have a shiny clean car. Oh no a thunderstorm moved in though. I’m at the tire store now getting a tire fixed. We don’t have pizza often but like it occasionally too. I iced tomlike it cold for lunch but anymore I only like it hot. I can warmit up for supper though. Have fun at your brothers.

Sharon, how scary about the bumper coming off in front of you. Glad you got out of the way okay. Marty took my A6 to Denver once for a meeting and the rim of a semi came off and was flying towards them. He was so glad he took the Audi that day because he would never have been able to maneuver out of the way in his F250. The guys riding with him said they all thought they were dead.

I went grocery shopping first thing today. That’s when my car squawked about my tire. I must have tires that run flat because it looks fine. I bet it’s a nail. We will see.

Lates,
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm sorry about your tire. I hope they can fix it. Mercedes come with RFT. They can't be fixed if you get a nail. You can ride safely on one for up to 60 miles with no air in the tire though. This is why we purchase the wheel and tire insurance. Each tire costs close to $400 on our cars. But for the next 60,000 miles if any of them or the wheels get damaged in any way, they are simply replaced at no additional cost to us. And that even applies if/when we replace the tires with new.

I used to like cold pizza too. I prefer left overs heated now. I don't like to microwave pizza though. I use the mini oven to heat it back up.

The detail guy just left. He worked on our cars for almost 5 hours. To say he did an amazing job is an understatement. They didn't look this good when we picked them up from the dealer, that's for sure.

It's still storming, so we're going to take a nap. Nothing nicer than napping when it's raining out. Hopefully it will dry off before we head down to my brothers. Otherwise, we'll be washing one of the cars in the morning.

C'ya

Rod

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, it was a big old nail in my tire. When I described to Marty he thought it was a concrete nail. We still have a lot of construction going on around our neighborhood. The guy said he double patched it. I need very safe tires based on the way Marty corners and speeds. That is a good deal about your tires and having insurance on them. The last time I bought tires for my A6 all four were about $1800 so I don't want to know what tires for the Macan would cost.
i so agree about microwaving pizza; it just makes it mushy. I keep thinking I'd like a toaster oven but i don't want to have it on the countertop. I have plenty of room but I like having that open space when I need it.
Your detail guy must do an amazing job. Can you send him on over?
Have a nice nap and I hope your beautifully clean cars stay dry when you head to your brother's house.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad they were able to fix the nail in your tire Marcy. I hope you don't have to find out what the Macan tires cost for a long time!

We just got home from my brothers. It was still raining lightly when we left, but by the time we hit the highway, the rain stopped and when we pulled into his driveway and got out, there was virtually nothing to wipe off the car! And not a drop of rain on the way home!

We had a really nice time at my brothers. It was seafood night. He steamed some shrimp as an appetizer. Then for the main course we sauteed scallops and the biggest lobster tails I've ever seen. Each one weighed close to 2lbs. I could only eat half of one and brought the other half home which will become a lobster salad sandwich for lunch tomorrow.

Tomorrow will just be a run errands, like grocery shopping kind of day.

Rod

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I'm with you on the tires. At least the Macan came with Michelin so I didn't have to replace them as soon as i got the car.

Such a deal your car didn't need wiped down when you got home from your brother's house. It sounds like all of you had a fabulous dinner plus you brought home something for lunch. Sweet.

How were your errands today?

Not much going on here. I left things cooking in the oven and crock pot for lunch today. Marty had a shot gun start at 7:30 for golf so he could have been home right after 11 or closer to 1:30. The oven stuff was fine; I just put it on hold but the London Broil in the crock pot was dry and overdone. I'll use the leftovers with some gravy and pasta; that should be good.

Marty is packing right now. One of my employees sent me a text about 20 minutes ago - did any of us remember to tell you to bring in snacks tomorrow to celebrate a birthday? Luckily I keep a bag of chocolate chips in the freezer for last minute I need to make something. My desire to run out to the grocery store to get something is not rising to a level where it would get my attention.

Watch for meteors tonight (ENE) after about 11.

Laters,
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, my new car came with Continental ProContacts, which from past experience are pretty good tires. Still, they're run flats, so they can't be repaired.

The storms held off this morning, though I hear thunder rumbling now. So we got out early enough to get groceries and our errands out of the way without getting my newly waxed car wet. I'm backing a chicken right now and we're having hash brown potatoes with left overs from the dinner at my brothers last night. And charlie made Mandel Bread today, which is kind of mix between a giant chocolate chip cookie and biscotti, so so good!

We made some egg salad for me to have for lunch tomorrow in Pita Bread. I love egg salad, especially homemade egg salad.

Have fun making something for your employees birthday and of course the meteor shower.

Rod

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Rod, your detailing sounds wonderful! When I picked up BR last week they told me that they do a "free" $500 detail package on the cars that rent a 6 month space there for the winter and I'm excited to see how that comes out. It really is a top notch place and I can't imagine it would be anything less than fabulous.

Curby, I can only think of one time I've called in sick in my entire life... and I was so bad I should have called in DEAD. Mental health days though, I fully support that concept! I've noticed you mention Marty training people a couple of times now; is his business growing?

Sharon, that's CRAZY about the bumper falling off of the car in front of you! My heart would have stopped for sure! I've seen more than one thing on the highway like that now that I'm spending a lot of time driving back and forth to TR's. It's a miracle to me more people aren't injured or killed every from from stuff like this. Ugh.

So TR and I had quite a weekend! We left Friday morning and headed across Michigan for the world's longest garage sale. I think wen only made it about a quarter of the way across the state before we had to head back yesterday! People are selling sh!t upon sh!t upon sh!t... I did pick up several depression glass wine glasses, so it was a success for me, and TR got quite a bit of stuff. We also stayed in two OK hotels and had two decent meals. And -- most importantly -- we still liked each other after spending three days together 24/7, ha ha! I did stay at home last night though and he went to his place to do some stuff. I was just exhausted and didn't move from the time I hit the pillow until about six this morning. And today... I'm back at it!

I need to do a thread on my new DK, but I don't have any good pics yet. I'm a bad PSer!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids. Happy Monday!

Rod, that's great your car can run on flat tires. I like Continental tires until it snows then I am whining daily about Michelin until Marty says will you go buy those tires and quit talking about them? :lol: Your Sunday dinner sounds great. Baked chicken is one of my favorites. My cookies must have turned out well since they were mostly gone when I went to get my container at 5. The hot ones I tested were tasty. I didn't see a single meteor but I didn't watch for more than about 30 minutes.

Dee Jay, good deal you found some treasurers at the world's longest garage sale. I have relatives near Sturgis - Coldwater but I have no idea if that was the direction you went. That's good you and TR still like each other after the long weekend together. Marty and I were often tested in a 26 foot RV over a long weekend. The night I was creaming him at cribbage he sat outside in the rain to keep the peace or from killing me. :D Such a deal getting a nice detail job for BR included in 6 month space rental. Mental health days are certainly necessary; those are my vision days when I don't see myself going in to work. I rarely call in sick either. I don't feel any worse at work so why not go in and save my vacation for more fun things? Not to worry, you are a good PS'er since you keep buying pretty jewelry.

Today and tomorrow are thunderstorm free. Look out again on Wednesday though. I sure wish all of our rain would help with some of those fires out here. The smoke is bad here so I can't imagine how bad it is in California. The sun was pure orange this morning. It almost looked fake.

Laters,
Curby / Marcy

IMG_4850 2.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, a friend's mother delved into the world of on-line dating and was going out with a nice man she'd met for several months. They went on a cruise together for a week... and promptly broke up when they got home. She said if you really want to know how you feel about someone go spend seven days trapped in 100 square feet with them! Hahahahaha!

Last night I cruised up to TR's in Billy Ray. It was the first time I'd driven him in a week and it was glorious! Well... until I got to a spot in the road littered with car parts (someone obviously had a bang up). I couldn't avoid everything and ran over (I think) a windshield wiper. I was terrified the whole rest of the way that I'd get there and find another ding on my car, but appears to be ok. Whew! This morning my drive in was pretty good too, so that's a bonus.

I'm signed up for another 4 hours of continuing education today... only 16 to go after that. UGH!!!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I'm sure that $500 detail will/should be amazing! I'm also sure you pay top dollar for the parking to get that detail package! Sounds like your worlds longest garage sale weekend with TR was fun and it sounds like things are going really well for the two of you! That was funny about your friends mom and her comment about living in a 100 sq ft with someone. That's challenging even for established couples!

Marcy, YAY to a couple days without storms. We're mirroring that here, only I'm sure with temps about 30 - 40 degrees hotter, with a bazillion percent humidity included. You know, just for the fun of it.

I'm completely congested and sneezing a bit, so I imagine I've come down with a bit of a summer cold. Which translates to weeks of fun for me. I don't get a cold and it's gone in a couple days. I get one and it sticks around for a few weeks.

Back to work for moi. Just had a moment to pop in and say hey......

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, oh no to running over some debris is Billy Ray. I am so glad your precious baby looked okay. There was something in the road I ran over tonight coming home but it looked very flat. Grr. I am glad you enjoyed the drive though. I saw a Jaguar E Pace commercial today; it sure looks like my Macan.
I love your story about the couple who broke up after a cruise. I can totally agree that living together in that small of quarters requires complete and utter devotion. One time we were watching the network evening news and they had one of those people stories about a couple who sold everything, bought a 26 foot trailer to live in and were going to move to the dessert and live off the land. That is the size of trailer we had at the time for camping. I looked at Marty and said if we did that one of us would be dead and the other one would be in jail and I'm not sure which one of us would be where. He agreed.
Yay for being down to only 16 more hours of continuing education to go. Woo hoo!!!

Rod, I agree that living in 100 square feet together would challenge the best of couples. My liquor consumption would definitely go up. :lol: Too funny about the bazillion percent humidity. I totally remember that hit me like a brick wall when we came out of the airport in South Carolina. Not a fan. I did speak too soon about the storms. We got smacked with rain today. The local weather bureau had 1.33 inches of rain and I am pretty sure where I work had more. There was standing water on the road by work; not deep but covering the road. There were all sorts of new lakes and streams around town. Downtown had some streets flooded. At least the hail was small.
I hope your cold is minor and goes away quickly.

The smoke was really bad here today; I was coughing like I had bronchitis when I got up and my eyes were burning and gunky. I checked the smoke map when I got to work and confirmed what my throat and eyes already told me. Marty is in LA and didn't have a bit of haze there.

I got my first electric bill since installing the new windows. Bummer; it's higher than last month and last August. I remain hopeful.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results