shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about the storms Marcy. We didn't have a drop of rain here in Tampa, but just south of us, it rained a lot. I'm sure it's not fun breathing smokey air. These fires all across the west are just awful. So many people have lost their homes. I just can't imagine the loss and disruption to your life. I can imagine your disappointment when your electric bill wasn't lower. Our home is way more economical to run than the condo, which is odd because our condo never got direct sun and our house gets it all day long. They really insulated this place well and used high efficiency Low-E double pained windows, which really helps.

I'm just really congested tonight. I'll does myself up with NyQuill and a good decongestant before going to bed.

Have a good Wednesday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Rod, I'm sorry to hear you have a summer cold -- those are the worst! And isn't if funny how different properties have such different utility bills? I do the "budget plan" on both my electric and gas so I pay the same amount every month and with 2800 square feet and 13' ceilings my electric is $83 and my gas is $106. I think the utilities were almost that much a tiny one bedroom apartment I lived in at one point!

Curby, tight spaces can test a relationship for sure! The CB and I were fascinated by the idea of a tiny house, and we kinda had that with the 400 square foot boathouse, but to be fair that was just a weekend retreat. If we had had to live in it all the time "for real" one of us would have been swimmin' with the fishes off the end of my dock and the other would have been going "Pat/Dee... nope, haven't seen her for a while now that you mention it... hmmm... might be about time for me to head back to the City... :whistle:" :lol:

Last night I had a hard workout. Too hard actually... Or maybe it was the stretching at the end that did me in because I got pretty aggressive since I feel like I haven't been stretching enough lately. My left patella tendon was sore last night, and more so this morning. I had four advil for breakfast, and I'm sitting at my office with a bag of ice attached to my led with saran wrap. I'm sure someone will come in here any minute now and require that I stand up to find something...

Today I am going to work like a busy little bee! My plan was to work out tonight and then head to Michigan first thing in the morning, but with my knee like it is, I might work late and go to the gym in the morning (assuming that's a good idea then) and head to MI after that.

I posted a thread in SMTB for Uni. Need to take some more pics though!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick pop-in. DeeJay, the Uni is a BEAUTY for sure. I left a short comment over there.

Sorry you're in pain from your workout, but you know what they say......"no pain, no gain!"

I'm just sitting here at my desk wheezing and sneezing, making everyone in the office hate me. I may not stay a full day. We'll see.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, that's great your house is so economical. Our place isn't that bad to heat and cool; we went from a 1050 square foot house with unfinished basement to a 2100 square foot house, with walkout basement that is about 70% finished and honestly our bill only went up about 50%. Our ceilings upstairs and down are at least 10 feet and our walkout basement has no egress windows; the entire back of the house and 1/2 of both the sides are on level ground. I'm just cheap. I was going to go see the dates on this month's bill because sometimes they are more than a month. I hope your cold is getting better.

Dee Jay, budget billing does sound like a good idea. My bills average about $250 which honestly isn't bad. Christmas we get near $400 but there is baking, lights and crazy cold weather. LOL to your swimming with the fishes story; that's just like our RV. Our 5th wheel was big enough we could get away from each other which was great. It was 38" with 3 slides. It made it way less irritating to be camping. Oh no to being in pain from stretching or working out last night. I hope you are feeling better. That is pretty clever attaching the ice pack with saran wrap. Those stupid things always fall off me because you are putting them on some odd shaped body parts. I'll go find your thread.

I haven't been a happy camper lately - just assorted issues, worries and irritations bothering me. Last night I couldn't get our new printer to work at all so finally gave up on that. I tried to put on a smile today then found a summons in the mail for jury duty at our district court. :wall: Oh well, it just keeps life interesting, eh?

I did eat chicken for super. I figured why not? :D

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm sorry about your frustrations. Jury duty is usually not very exciting. I've only been called once in my life (Rod said knocking wood to not be called anytime soon). I wound up sitting there all day with my iPad and never making it to jury selection. It's good your bill didn't go up my much. Ours actually went down substantially which is really good going from a smaller space to a larger one.

So, I stayed home sick today. I was coughing and sneezing so much that I decided it wasn't fair to the others in the office if I went in. I hate it when someone comes to work sick, which usually serves to spread the joy to others. I've slept so many hours and am not coughing or sneezing as much this evening. I'm planning on going to work tomorrow and at least it's Friday!

Rod

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I am glad you are feeling somewhat better. I’m with you I don’t appreciate someone really sick coming in to work. I bet sleeping helped. Yes, it’s finally going to be Friday.

I am sure I’ll survive the trips to the court house. I guess they have a one and done policy that if you serve on one jury you can opt out of future trials. Maybe that will work out for me. I can hope. Best case scenario is they never call me at all.

You definitely can’t complain about a better light bill in your new home. Sweet.

Marty is at LAX. Woo Hoo! I’ll see him in the morning.
Smoke is awful again, the smoke maps show it going out in the Atlantic. Wow. Wyoming con8nues to be in the thickest smoke layer. The sun was very orange this morning but I didn’t take a photo. I need to quit looking at sunrises and sunsets. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if my retinal scar is from sun damage.

I met a friend for lunch today and I am still full. I may do cheese and peanut butter with crackers for supper and have some peaches.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Weekend.

I enjoyed sleeping in until 9 this morning. It was fabulous.

Our astronomy meeting went well last night; I gave a presentation on the Sun. We had about 15 people show up.

We went out for lunch today, fueled up the Porsche, got some cash and beat the afternoon thunderstorms home. It is super dark outside and raining but so far no hail anyway.

I guess I'll fill out my form for jury duty tomorrow. I have a thin hope that I may not be acceptable because one of the questions is if I've ever been party to a lawsuit. I have been so maybe that will kick me out of the pool. I am sure I can't be that lucky but one can hope. If it does make a difference, would I be out of line contacting the employee who filed a law suit against the company and me and thank them? :D

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure your presentation was great Marcy! Yay for getting home before the skies opened up. I hope you get kicked out of the jury pool!

We had a nice day today. Not a drop of rain. We lounged around as I'm still getting over the cold. Once we did get going, we went and voted for the primary. I love early voting, where you can do it on a Saturday at your leisure. We got in and out in minutes.

Then we went to Crate and Barrel to see a chair we saw in their catalog, but they don't have it instore so that was a bust. We then went to Starbucks as it was super hot out today, and we got iced tea. I love their Green Tea lemon aid a lot. We decided to go Metro Diner for dinner. They have the best Fried Chicken and I have enough leftovers for Monday's lunch!

When we got home, even though my car hasn't been rained on, I did wipe it down with a damp cloth and clean the windows and wheels. Then we went to an old fashioned roadside ice cream shop for soft swirl cones, which were so good.

Tomorrow is just grocery shopping and not much else. It's going to be a blistering hot day, so we'll be indoors most of the day.

Have a great Sunday.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Sunday.

Rod, I just filled out my form online; hopefully I never hear from them again. I am sure I won't be that lucky.
That's really nice you can vote early on a Saturday. We can go vote in the lobby of the county building but only on M to F.
I hope your cold gets better and goes away quickly.
Darn that Crate and Barrel didn't have the chair you wanted to see. Will they order it in for you at no obligation?
Fried chicken sounds delicious. Marty is grilling some chicken for him today; I thawed out a burger for me. Good deal you have some leftovers for lunch on Monday.
Yay for wiping down your pretty car when you got home.
Soft swirl ice cream cones do sound great.
Stay cool today.

I got up about 7. We went out for breakfast then picked up some groceries. I bought the winning lotto ticket too. Really. I'm planning on it anyway. i am working on laundry still; the last batch is in the washing machine now.

Have a great day.
Laters,
Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I hope you don't hear from them after filling out the form online! My cold is better, but still hanging on. I just can't seem to get over being congested, which only serves to make me sound like a foghorn at night - translation, I'm evidently snoring - L O U D L Y!

We went to Fresh Market (I don't know if you have then out there?), but it's just a wonderful grocery store, with the best meats, seafood and produce. In the seafood case they had the largest shrimp I've ever seen. 4 - 6 to the pound. I got 8 and I'm going to steam Maryland style and Charlie's having a piece of salmon. We'll both have a nice fresh salad.

We're just going to watch dribble on the Hallmark channel the rest of the afternoon!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I've only been called for jury duty a few times, and the last time was last summer over at criminal court in a bad neighborhood. I wasn't too happy about going over there, even at 7:30 in the morning, and I was THRILLED to be let go at the end of the day with my whopping check for $17.20!

Rod, being congested is miserable, I hope you feel better soon! As for the snoring, I've spent some time with a few of them and I'm very happy that TR is not one! Apparently though when my allergies are acting up I snore a little too. Who knew?!

So last Wednesday I worked until about 10:30 pm and I got A LOT done! Thursday morning I worked out and then went to Michigan to be with my friend whose mother had passed away so I could help with stuff for the service the next day (picking up food, getting flowers ready, etc.). The service was on Friday and then some of the family stayed over until Saturday, which was OK because we got to have dinner with them on Friday night and Saturday night and I was nice to be with them. I headed hope early yesterday, worked out, did an open house (three hours... not a single person through!) and headed to TR's directly from the open because the air and water show was getting out downtown right then and I was able to avoid a lot of traffic that way. The drive in this morning wasn't too bad either. I think a lot of local schools are going back this week so the morning could be a little lighter than usual for a few days.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Worked till 10:30 PM at night?? You cray cray girl. I would never stay at work so late. Like, Never, Ever!

On the snoring thing. I guess I'm going to have to schedule myself into one of those sleep clinics so they can see how bad it is. Charlie says I sound like a loud diesel engine and the only time it sounds OK is when I'm on my back and not breathing! LOL

So in your neck of the woods, school in session equals lighter traffic? Not down here. As soon as schools open, traffic worsens. And we live literally across the street from an elementary school. We bought our house when school was out and we didn't realize just how disruptive school being in session would be. Parents constantly park in or block our driveway in the morning in their effort to walk the fewest steps to deliver their precious urchins to school on time. I've had more shouting matches with rude parents as I try to leave for work in the morning and someone is blocking my driveway. Like completely and they get angry with me when I tell them they can't park there. Like I'm disrupting their day, not the other way around. I had to threaten to call the police when one woman absolutely refused to move from blocking our driveway. Harumph to the max. Note to Self: Never purchase a home within sight of a school. Like NEVER!

It's a hot day, but they say it won't rain, so maybe my clean car can stay clean for another day! I'm having left over Fried Chicken for lunch. Yummm!

C'ya's

Rod

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, sorry to hear you are snoring so bad and don't breathe well on your back. Yes, you should probably do one of those sleep tests. I am glad your cold is better. We don't have a Fresh Market here; they sound great. That is some seriously large shrimp. Were they good? Yay for no rain and keeping your car clean. What a pain about all the cars because of school. Especially if people block your driveway. My eye doctor is near a junior high school and I quickly learned not to go that way after school started. My appointments are usually at 7:45 so I hit the rush hour every time. i hope I never get called in for jury duty but time will tell.

Dee Jay, you are dedicated working until 10:30. I like working off hours sometimes you can get so much more accomplished. How awful to be called in for jury duty in a bad part of town and woo hoo to getting so much money for your trouble. I think we get $30 a day. Good plan to head up to TR's before the air and boat show traffic got out. I am sorry to hear about your friend's mother. I am sure she appreciated all of your help and support. Darn that your open house was a bust. Enjoy lighter traffic now that school has started.

It's been one of those day - you know if you where nothing goes your way. Phoeey. It's horribly smoky today where our air quality was announced as unhealthy. My nose, throat and eyes already knew that. I had a rash or something on my face most of the day so spent most of my day convincing people I wasn't sick. A friend and I tried a new restaurant near work and found it to be okay but I doubt we will go back. I ticked Marty off tonight because I don't like some western motif handles his parents sent us for handles on the chains off our ceiling fans. They aren't my cup of tea and I didn't think they i want one hanging in the middle of my living room. Oh well, life goes on, eh?

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Busy day, but had to answer your question about the shrimp. They weren't just good, they were Unbelievably FANTASTIC. They tasted like lobster. The meat was so sweet and the texture just like lobster too. I had guessed they might, so in addition to my homemade cocktail sauce, I had also melted some butter. I will get them again for sure and the price/pound was only $12.

Sorry it's still so smokey out there. We need the fall rains to come along and put out those fires. It's so sad to see beautiful lush forests destroyed by fires and to think about all the animals who no longer have their habitat to roam, just makes me want to cry.

It's always a letdown to eat at a place that ends up being so-so. If I don't have a good dining experience, I usually won't go back.

I had to laugh about the ceiling fan handles. If you don't like them, don't use them. It doesn't matter if they came from Marty's family or not. It's your house, not their house.

Back to work........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, that is awesome your huge shrimp were so good. I'll be sure and tell Marty about them; he'll be jealous.
How is your cold doing?
Today wasn't as smoky so I only went through 1/2 of a box of Puffs at work today. Just call me Sneezy.
The fires are awful; from what i understand most of the animals get out in time. That is good to hear. I am glad to see thinning the forests and clearing out the "kindling" again is on the table; it sure kept fires down and under control when they did that before. So much of this part of the county also has excessive pine beetle kill that killed a vast majority of the trees. The forest service cut them down and either left them where they fell or pilled them up in a nice big pile. The piles they left behind where we used to have our star party were definitely a fire waiting to happen. The area where my parent's cabin use to be ended up only losing 1 cabin and a few out buildings. They had required all property owners to clear cut the dead trees within something like 20 feet of their cabins so dropping fire retardant on the homes saved them all.
I did suggest Marty snip off the chains and hang those fan handles by our big clock; it's rustic looking and I think as little decorations on the wall they would be fine. But handing off the fan in the middle of our living room; not so much.

I spent my day in managerial training. This session is on motivation and conflict management. They could get these 2 days classes done in one day if they cut out the stupid breaking up in to groups and discussing or role playing. They at least had snacks. We ended up going out for supper tonight. Less dishes that way. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't win anything on the Mega Millions lottery tonight. I guess I'll go to work tomorrow. :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Rod, your shrimp sound mahhhhhhvalous! I love seafood but I'm a little hesitate of it in the midwest. I prefer my fish fresh!

Curby, how sad that you didn't win the Mega Millions -- I was rooting for you!

It's been a whirlwind few days! Last weekend my best friend from law school made the hard push to buy my Lexus RX 330. He's always loved that car, and I'd been thinking of replacing it since it is almost 15 years old with 108K miles on it. Well, I started looking around, thinking I would just replace my old one with the current version, but I found a 2017 NX 200T (T = turbo) with 11K miles on it for an absolutely screaming good deal so I went out to the dealer last night and bought it. I have to go again tonight to pick it up, and my friend is going to meet me there to take my car. The NX is a slightly smaller version than the RX, but I'm fine with that. Plus, I like the more angular sporty styling.

The dark gray one is my old car (not mine though -- just a pic off the internet), and the silver one is the one I just bought. Super happy and I really do think I got a great deal on it!

Not much else to report in the land of Dee, just all about cars cars cars right now!

upload_2018-8-22_10-32-53.jpeg

a20a42d2fea929f755087dccd8baa7b5.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, what a deal on your new car! It looks great. Nice that it worked out your friend is buying your old car. It's a win win.

Thanks for rooting for me on the Mega Millions. Maybe next time.

My managerial training class was done by noon. Woo hoo! They even played the graduation march and gave us all diplomas.

Marty made spaghetti and meatballs for supper. It was pretty good.

Not much else going on.
Take care.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

It was so nice not having class today. I went to lunch with a friend and enjoyed a quiet day.
Marty was still lifting when I got home so I went and bought him a cranberry grilled chicken salad and got me a cheeseburger and vanilla shake. Easy dishes tonight. The cleaning lady was here today so I didn't want to mess up the kitchen.
it was very smoky here today. I am attaching a picture from one of our DOT webcams, I also had to snap a photo of the sunrise today and my flowers.
Have a great day.
Marcy / Curby
IMG_0161.JPG IMG_2232.JPG smoke.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, your flowers look so bright and cheerful! Wow on the smoke... that's really amazing--and not in a good way! Congrats for "graduating" LOL.

Yesterday I got up at 6:30 with the intention of making a cup of coffee and lounging around for a bit... but then I switched laundry from the washer to the dryer, went into my closet to just put on my workout clothes and ended up doing some clean up, took care of everything on the kitchen counter... and next thing I knew it was two hours later! Oh well, I guess an early start to the day is not a bad thing. And here we are this morning and I'm up again, even though I didn't go to bed until late last night..

My assistant's mother in law passed away last week so I went to her viewing yesterday afternoon and the TR and I took the kids out to dinner. It was really a good time and they are starting to loosen up a little more so they're getting more chatty and fun to be around. The little one drove to the restaurant and back with me in Billy Ray. He loves to play with all the adjustments on the seat. At one point I looked over and he'd disappeared -- he had the seat the whoooooole way back, ha ha.

On the way home I stopped a the store for a quick thing... and was there for over an hour. The drive home was great though, no traffic and... um... maybe a llittle zippy. :cheeky:

Today I'm going to the gem show in the 'burbs. I don't really need/want anything, especially after all the rings I'm gotten lately, but I do want to do some x-mas shopping becuase it will be here before you know it and I haven't don't a good job of getting stuff together this year yet. I also need to stop at the Lexus dealer because there are no floor mats in the car (my guess is they took them out to detail the car and misplaced them) and there is only one key so I wan to get at least an extra valet key, which hopefully won't be as expensive as a regular key with the fob because I understand those cost several hundred dollars. Yikes.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!
Dee Jay, I see Uni is a feature thread. Sweet. :appl:
Our flowers have done well this summer, moisture, heat and miracle grow did us proud. The smoke is still awful.
Woo hoo for cleaning up things; I've been working on that today. Our stack of mail gets out of control quickly.
That is too bad about your assistant's MIL.
Cool that TR's boys are loosening up around you. That is pretty funny one of them likes too ride with you in BR and play with the seat.
Woo hoo for a quick trip home.
Ooh have fun at the gem show. Sounds like a nice way to spend some time.
I hope the dealer finds your mats and hopefully they would pay for a second key for you. I do understand those key fobs with chips don't come cheap.

I was thrilled when 4:58 pm rolled around yesterday. I did some laundry last night and have been marathon watching the TV show Yellowstone. I am half through the 10 episodes. I did watch it weekly while it was on but I am finding I missed some things or didn't pick up on stuff on the first go round. Marty had a client this morning then lifted after he got home. We are going to eat when he gets out of the shower. He heads to LA tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I didn't get much of anything at the gem show. I did pick up a pair of tiny gold hoops for travel, but that was really about it. Plus, it was at a different location this one time because the regular convention center was already booked for something else and it was a bit of a clusterfvck, especially parking -- of which there was NONE until you got entirely around to the side of the building that had no entrance into the facility so you had to walk the whole way back to the front.

Friday night one of my neighbors came down and we caught up for the first time in a while. Saturday I went to the monthly local high end flea market, where I didn't really see anything I wanted, and then I had lunch with some out of town friends before heading up to TR's. Yesterday and I went to a farm auction and and then did domestic stuff, including making a pot roast for dinner, which turned turned out pretty good for two people who don't cook, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, nice that you picked up a pair of gold hoops. I keep looking for the perfect gold hoops; my favorite pair was about 1.25" but sadly one of them was left on a beach somewhere. Boo. Darn that the gem show wasn't well organized. Don't you love those buildings where the parking is inconvenient? Nice that you caught up with your neighbor and some out of town friends. Good deal cooking a pot roast that turned out well. I had left over roast for lunch today.

Marty is in LA this week. I had a haircut after work; this is the second time she's cut my hair and she listened to me about layering and that I part my hair on the side. The haircut looks pretty good so far. Sadly she's quitting Saturday and going to work downtown at one of those buildings with bad or no parking. i suppose if I really end up liking my haircut I can arrange for Saturday appointments and have Marty drop me off and pick me up. Since I was near Perkins I decided to have a waffle for supper; it was just okay.

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I had supper with a friend last night and her family. Her father was there, drank over a half a bottle of wine and then asked me if he could take my car for a drive. I said No. I am not sure I'd let anyone take it for a drive if they were sober. We played cards and had pizza. She made my chocolate chip cookie recipe; I have no idea what she does differently than me but they sure didn't taste like my cookies.

Total seemed to drag at work today. I had my work done by 1:30 and the next round doesn't kick in until 2:30 so I had an hour to kill then. My afternoon reports only take me about 45 minutes so I read a book. I usually don't do that at work but I was near the end of a book so read a few chapters.

I stopped and had tacos on the way home, went by the cemetery and plan on starting the next book in the series I'm reading next.

My excitement-o-meter is off the charts. :lol:

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, my excitometer is right up there with yours this week! I've been at my office late (after 9 pm) every day so far, and today looks like another late one. I'm even thinking of coming in tomorrow. I did at least work out this morning, which meant I didn't get in until about 10:30, but I didn't care. It was the first time since Saturday that I made it to the gym. Ugh.

I'm two hours into a four hour continuing education live webinar running in the background while I do a year's worth of employee trading review. (Please see comment above about the excitometer... !)

We're supposed to have rain here tomorrow through Monday. Figures. It always rains over Labor day weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, nice that our excitometers are right up there. You are putting in a lot of hours this week. I plan on sneaking off at 3 pm tomorrow. Woo hoo. Early long weekend. Yay for making it to the gym this morning. I have been doing some stretches and leg lifts and some spots are whining about it but I will continue working on that.
I bet the webinar was a nail biting; good plan to work on employee reviews at the same time.
I hope you don't get a lot of rain. It looks like it could rain tonight and I think the Saturday forecast calls for showers. There is a forest / prairie fire about 70 miles north of here so I hope they get some rain.
Any fun plans for the long weekend?

My dozen peaches finally ripened enough I could eat one tonight; it was delicious. I'll probably get them in the refrigerator tomorrow. They were pretty solid when I got them Tuesday. I picked up a junior cheeseburger and fries on the way home; the fries were cold so they went in the trash plus I'd rather have a fresh peach anyway. I am working on a batch of laundry tonight so when Marty gets home with his suitcase the hamper has room for his week of clothes. He should get home about 1 am tonight. I'll be sound asleep by then. I usually leave a rabbit or bear by the door to great him. :D

Have a great Friday.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Marcy, I love fresh peaches but I haven't had a good one in years... Every time I got to the store I check them out and they are all hard as a rock and sad and pale looking...

Last night I was only here until about seven, so that's an improvement. My neighbors and I had cocktails on the veranda, which we haven't done for a long time, so that was nice. This morning I worked out again, but not as hard as I did yesterday because my knee hurts a bit. I'm icing it now as i eat lunch, so hopefully by the time OCD Girl gets to the gym tomorrow it will be ok. I'm hoping the timing works out so I can take a class tomorrow instead of doing my usually aerobic stuff (gauntlet, rowing machine, bike, elliptical) but I have an appointment at the Lexus dealer at 8 am to get a second key fob set up so the timing might not work out. Tonight I'm going to dinner with some friends at a really good restaurant, so looking forward to that!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Labor Day Weekend.

Dee Jay, I am with you on peaches; they have to be good or I throw them away. I usually only buy 2 or 3 at a time at the store and let them ripen for a few days then if they aren't good I don't eat them. Colorado has popular peaches around here from Palisade; they are really good. We are down to about 4 peaches left. I am sad.
Sounds nice to catch up with your neighbors the other night. People are heading out of the holiday weekend making everywhere pretty empty. The parking lot at work on Friday was practically deserted.
I hope your knee is feeling better. Mine was better yesterday. We went grocery shopping today and about 10 minutes in it started hurting but then it went back to normal whining. I'll take it easy again tomorrow.
Did they get your second key fob set up okay? I bet those require some skill to set up.

We've had a quiet weekend. We watched all 8 episodes of Jack Ryan on Prime; it's not a bad series. A bit different than the Clancy novels but still pretty good. Marty has been playing golf every afternoon. I finished book 3 of the series I'm reading and started book 4. I made some cookies this afternoon and have most of our laundry done.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Monday.

The guy Marty was going to play golf with cancelled on him so he's pricing out a new MacBook Pro. He has it up to about $4700. :eek2: I referred him to Best Buy's website that has one $700 off; he said it doesn't have the speed and memory he wants. I keep directing him towards a new router; I am tired of our internet just dropping and that's the last thing to replace before I start whining to our internet provider again. They put in a new modem and replaced a splitter or something like that plus checked the signal coming in to the house. I can't find my printer again right now either. :wall:

I have to quit working on our club's newsletter early in the month; I've had September's done for a few weeks and it didn't dawn on me until today to post it. If I don't work on it until the end of the month, I seem to remember I need to get that done. Shows you my attention span, yep the newsletter is done so I don't have to worry about it anymore. :lol: I'm not worried the club will fire me though. I am working on a program today for our next meeting about the orbiting infrared telescope.

Marty grilled sticks of assorted meats and veggies (yes I know what it's called but I can't spell it :D) for lunch today. The little potatoes were pretty much raw so I baked the ones we didn't eat for about 20 minutes to add to our stack of leftovers. Easy supper!

Back to my book.
I hope all of you are having a fabulous weekend.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all! I hope everyone is doing well.

Marcy-oh no! Did you hurt your knee or is that a previous injury? Matt mowed grass today and will have knee pain for a week. We live on a hill, and I keep trying to convince him to get a lawn service. I have decided it hurts his ego for me to suggest it. Heck, I had no problem admitting that cleaning house killed my back. I’ve had cleaners for years. Your flowers are beautiful!

Dee*Jay-nice car! I almost test drove one of those a few years ago, but I whacked my head and Matt bashed his knee getting in it, and we decided we were both too tall for that vehicle. But I love the way it looks. Your new ring is beautiful!

Rod-love the new cars! I am small SUV shopping, but I keep crossing possibilities off before I even try them out.

I’ve been in a bad funk all summer, and I need to snap out of it soon. I can’t stand myself, and I’m sure everyone around me is sick of my foul mood too! Other than that, I have been keeping my work hours to less than 45 a week, I’ve been eating pretty healthy and trying to get to bed at a decent time. I’m trying to read more and watch Netflix less. Unfortunately I have bought way too much stuff this summer, but I’m totally blaming that on my funk. Ha! Have a great Tuesday. Short work week...woo-hoo!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results