carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, I hope you guys are doing okay. How is the rain and flooding in your area? It sure looks awful.

Not much going on today. Marty played golf. I made tacos for us for lunch. We just had an easy supper; strawberries, cheese and an English muffin. Little cooking and less dishes. Sweet.
I did not venture out to get a new iPad today but I did put fuel in my car.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Monday.

Work was interesting today; my PC said "no network connection"; strangely I could get to all the shared drives, the internet and the intranet - yet my Outlook email wouldn't connect. The crack IT department kept installing Microsoft Office Suite again and again and naturally it didn't fix anything. I finally pointed out at 4:30 - um could the fact it says no network connection be what's wrong? They said "we'll get back to your tomorrow". :wall:
It was gorgeous here today.

Take care.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy!

Marcy-I’ve decided the next time I replace my iPad, I’m going to get the pro. If you get one, let me know what you think of it. I’m thinking about ordering the iPhone XS Max. I am still using the 6+ and it works fine other than being slow, the battery not lasting terribly long, and it not responding/locking up a lot. Otherwise, just fine! I didn’t see the weather channel video you mentioned. I’ll look for it. I could use a giggle today. It started raining yesterday and has rained the entire day, but it didn’t rain nearly as hard as predicted. I was able to get to work and back with no problems, and no flooding here that I know of. Good luck with your employee and the tobacco thing. That is so nasty! I’m going to pull out the policy manual and have a chat with an employee tomorrow. The joys of being a manager! I think I’d be happiest if I got put in a corner, loaded down with work and left alone to get it done. No employees to manage, no escalated issues to take care of, none of the other manager stuff to put up with.

We were out of town over the weekend in Grove City, PA. My nephew who attends Case a Western Reserve was playing my nephew that goes to Grove City College (they’re brothers) in football, so we went to the game and had a nice visit with them and the rest of their family. My poor SIL has 5 boys, all under 20! After the game, we all went out to dinner and the kids brought friends and girlfriends. Such a nice group of kids. It kind of restored my faith in the younger generation. We need more of those good kids though! A couple kids on my side of the family make me want to bang my head against a wall. I’m in vacation prep mode this week. We’re heading south on Friday, so it’s going to be a busy week. Have a great evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I totally chucked at your 6+ working fine except for ... :D I liked my 7 the best of my phones. I have the X now. If I get the iPad Pro I will certainly let you know. i am glad you don't have any flooding there; it sure looks awful in many places. I am totally with you on being a manager; I'd rather just take care of my work and not worry about anything else. I can do that! Your weekend sounds great; how nice your SIL's boys are good kids as are their friends. You wonder sometimes. Good luck packing and getting ready for your vacation.

Here is a link to a video on the guy definitely overacting in his hurricane report

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, #2 and I had a lovely weekend! Lots of drinking, eating, drinking, shopping and drinking! She left this morning super early.

Deegee, having grown up in Pittsburgh I had several high school friends that went to Grove City. I think I may even have a GC sweatshirt somewhere deeeeeep in my closet, ha ha.

Whew -- what a weekend! I managed to work out five days in a row, so let's start with that! I also did a bunch of shopping but pretty much everything I actually BOUGHT came from Nordstrom Rack. I need to run over to the NR here in the loop at lunch and see if they have one thing I want in a different size, otherwise I can order it online from another store. In my infinite wisdom I completely forgot that I have a formal wedding to go to next Friday, but fortunately it came to me at the last minute and I got three dresses (at least one of which is going back). I'll be in Orlando later this week visiting my dad so I can shop for shoes. I need a new pair of black kitten heels. Of course there's always Zappos, but if I go that route I have to order three sizes and hope that one of them actually fits... The good news is going to the outlet mall will give me and TR a reason to leave the confines of the resort. Shhhhh -- don't tell my dad I said that! :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, your weekend with sister #2 sounds PERFECT. I like all the things you did to amuse yourselves. Good thing you remembered you needed a dress for a wedding; I hate going out shopping the night before because you can never find anything then. I like that you have plans to escape er I mean need to go somewhere while visiting your dad. Sounds like me visiting my in-laws.

My day at work can be summed up in one emoticon : :wall:

To reward myself for living through the day and NOT smacking anyone I decided to go get a new iPad Pro tonight. I went to our copy Apple store aka Simply Mac and first they didn't have the color I wanted, then they brought me the wrong thing and then they wouldn't take my iPad Air 2 on trade because they are between "programs". I wasn't in the mood so I asked can't you call in to a manager and get permission? Oh no we can't do that. So then I was rude and said it sounds to me like you don't care if you lose my business. From there I ventured on to Sam's Club. They too didn't have the color I wanted but I put them in a case anyway so who cares? Sams discounts the iPads a bit plus includes the 2 year apple care so I bought one. I am installing software right now. I am sure I can find someone to buy my old iPad and if not I can do one of those online sites that buy old electronics.

Marty is in Denver at a Nine Inch Nails concert. I completely forgot he was going; I need to start putting things in my calendar.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I love it when you get new technology stuff because I'm such a luddite. For me, if it still works, I'm keeping it!

Yesterday I left at a normal time and cleaned up the house a little while I waited for TR. The painter is there today finishing up and a location scout from the TV show Chicago Fire is supposed to come tomorrow to take pictures (but they are notoriously flaky so I wouldn't be surprised if she reschedules. I've got a package being delivered today from a place I don't remember ordering from. Hmmm... wonder what that will be? (Says She Who Buys Too Much Sh!t On Line! :cheeky: )

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-that video made me chuckle! I had seen the still while scrolling through the news but never clicked. I didn’t realize it was funny. Oooh..I’m excited for your new iPad Pro! Did they make changes for this year? I hope Marty enjoyed the concert. I’m not so sure that’s a concert I’d want to see.

Dee-Jay-I wondered if you were familiar with the Grove City area. It seemed like a cute little town, and it has an outlet mall. I am really fond of outlet malls! I told Matt we need to visit our nephew more often. I ordered so much stuff this summer, Matt jokes that I get a package every day. Not so. My Sephora order arrives tomorrow. All I got today was junk mail.

I had a moment of sheer, deep down panic at work today. Maybe more than one moment. Matt picked me up for lunch, and that was a very nice distraction. I woke up this morning with a sore throat and I was hoping I had slept with my mouth hanging open all night. As the day wore on I started coughing and sneezing, and now my face hurts. I can’t get sick! I leave for vacation Friday! Argh!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Deegee, I got a notification yesterday that a package was delivered from Amazon. I've ordered lots of stuff lately, but nothing from Amazon. I went in the mail room and looked around and I didn't find anything. The crazy part is I order so much stuff that I was like, well, maybe I DID order from Amazon and I just don't remember, LOL.

Last night after work I did a bunch of returning stuff and shopping (Gap, Nordstrom Rack, Kohls) and didn't get home until after ten. This morning I work up early (a little before six) but didn't actually get up until around 6:15. I had to clean some stuff up around the house and then I went to the gym. In a few mins I'm running home to meet the location scout. And then I need to get a whole lotta work done!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m at my haircut lady’s for color and bang trim. Say a little prayer that I don’t come out with a disaster like last time!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, both Marty and I are bad (or good) at upgrading. I am LOVING my new iPad Pro. It's noticeably better than my iPad Air 2. What was in your surprise package? You are having fun shopping. I am waiting impatiently for my iPad case. How exciting they may use your place for filming a Chicago Fire episode. I never watch that show but I'd check it out. Have fun on your trip.

Deegee, the new iPad has a faster chip, a larger screen, better solution and a new toy. i am glad you enjoyed the video, I found it quite amusing. Marty loves his music and thoroughly enjoyed the concert. I hope you aren't getting sick right before your vacation. Did you haircut and color turn out good? It sounds like you are holding your own shopping too. We all do our share to spur on the economy. Have a fabulous vacation.

I asked a friend of mine if she knew anyone who wanted to buy my old iPad and she wanted it so she came over last night. We had pizza, played cribbage and she bought my iPad. Now if only I can sell Marty's Apple watch 2. Work has been crazy this week. I gave that one employee his employee consultation and didn't say a word - not even I'm sorry or I'll do better. :wall: Our HR lady was in Arizona so she was on the phone with us. When either of us would ask him a question he'd shake his head; I had to keep saying - Diane can't hear you shake your head. He did finally talk to me this afternoon. Nobody's fault but his own.

This morning was definitely fall-like. Oh oh. Summer is coming to an end.
Take care.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-my hair is okay. Success! I know hair isn’t something to get bent out of shape over because it grows, but man, she butchered it last time! 5 inches of hair is a lot to lose when I wasn’t expecting it. Glad your employee talk went okay. Hopefully he speaks to you again soon. Im seriously considering asking if there is something for me in the agency I could do that wouldn’t involve me being a manager. I’m glad to hear you’re liking your new iPad. I’m thinking I’d really like the bigger screen. My iPad is not quite 3 years old and it isn’t giving me any grief, so I guess I’ll wait to get another one. It did spend a week in a box of rice last year after it got soaked in a tea accident. They both were in my Neverfull, and the lid came off the thermos of tea and my iPad took the hit. I thought for sure it was a goner, but the rice did the trick!

We made it to Charlotte. We’re staying in one of those hotels where the rooms are like little apartments. I like those because Matt gets up way earlier than I do, so he can mosey to the living room area and shut the door. I’m going to take some night time cold medicine and hopefully crash for the night. Have a great weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids. Happy Saturday

Deegee, I am glad your hair turned out okay. I am shopping for a new stylist now. My employee did talk to me a few times yesterday afternoon. I have his one on one on Monday which should be interesting. That’s a good deal the rice bath saved your iPad. My niece did that for her phone. It seems to work great. I do like the new iPad. The case showed up yesterday. It’s heavier than the iPad but very solid and has 8 different angles on a magnetic cover. I had the Apple cover before which was too short for me so I’d kind of prop it by folding the cover accordion style and it’d fall on my every couple of minutes. This new case is perfect. I wish it was lighter but since I only use it around the house it’s fine. And to clarify the case and iPad don’t even weigh 2 pounds.
Your hotel suite sounds great. Marty gets insomnia so often it makes it rough in a one room hotel. Are you sleeping better? I hope your cold is getting better. Have fun.

Not much new here. We had our astronomy meeting last night. I did a program on the Soitzer Space telescope. I had to read the info to go with my slide show and I don’t do that very well. I get flustered that I am just reading stuff and I don’t want to bore people so I start talking fast. Then I mispronounce words and skip things. I need to just never do that kind of program. Stick with what I know so I never had to refer to notes. I told the guys last night okay it’s one of your turns to do a program next month. So there.

I am working on laundry this morning. We are going out for lunch as soon as Marty is done lifting and showers. He is taking me to the grocery store after that. I want to try chocolate chip cookies with cherries so I might brew a batch of those up.

I typed this on my iPad. Excuse any typos. This angle works good for typing and it’s nice to have it stayed where it is. The Tumi cases worked great for laps but they no longer make them.

Have a fabulous weekend

Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Monday. :wavey:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-how’d your one on one go today? I went to a different stylist for color and to try to help the awful haircut, and I liked the stylist. I didn’t like the salon. Too noisy and too many people. My haircut lady has a shop beside her house and it’s only her, not 6 stylists at once. After a day of dealing with people at work, I want peace and quiet. Plus I love to play with her dogs. My phone fell out of my purse today and the screen shattered. Dang it! I guess I’ll suck it up when I get back and get a new phone rather than replace the screen. My phone is old anyway. I agree with you on speaking about what you know. I hate reading to people!

We had a beautiful day here today. We found a really pretty areas called Harbour Town and South Beach, and we may never go home! We hung out at the beach for several hours and then slacked off by our pool until time for dinner. We ate a restaurant that ages their steaks for 28 days, and my filet mignon was soooo good. I’ll have to suffer through another day like this tomorrow. Sigh. Have a wonderful day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I thought of you this weekend! I was at an outlet mall in Orlando and I was seriously checking out the Tumi backpacks... but just couldn't make up my mind enough to spend real money on one. I did just ordered the Harvey's seatbelt bag that I showed a pic of a few weeks ago. I want black but they didn't have that from the site I got it from so I went with grey. Whatever.

Deegee, it sounds like you're having a great time! And a shattered screen definitely merits a new phone, especially if it's old. Glad you're hair is good -- that's always a stressful thing. I mean, I know it's HAIR, and it GROWS, but still!

So TR and I survived the Orlando trip to see my dad and his wife! Really, more than survived -- TR was GREAT! He and my dad go on like a house on fire, ha ha. We had a few "moments" though... one of which had to do with him going through the Culver's drive through to get chocolate ice cream cones and I said as we were driving up to it, ordered, going to the window, and driving away: I DO NOT WANT THIS THING. I've been working out like a fiend and trying to be so so so so so good and he plies me with CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM?!? I told him I was going to throw it out the window. And I did. I put my window down and threw the thing (untouched) right out. Why do they not listen to us?! I think he fell a little bit out of love with me in that moment but I don't care. I SAID I DO NOT WANT THIS THING. ARGH. Other than that though, it was a good a trip to see my dad and I've ever had. I was more than happy to come home though. And somehow I'm down two pounds, so I'll take that too!

Alright, time to catch up on everything I missed...

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-you are so good to resist ice cream! I can’t say no to that. And we’ve been bad...we’ve ordered dessert every night. I’m glad your trip went well and TR gets along with your dad. We found in the house where we’re staying a nice set of beach chairs that you carry like a backpack. Wow, that makes a huge difference! It felt like they weighed nothing when carried on the back, but they were heavy to try to carry in the hand. I can see why you want a backpack! I should have gone that route instead of buying the Neverfull. Live and learn.

Howdy Marcy!

Matt and I took an 11 mile bike ride this morning, walked to the top of a light house, and walked 2 miles on the beach. Not bad for this chick! I have had my rear parked firmly on the couch the last few months. After all that, my legs feel like jelly. Haha! We’re trying to figure out where to go for dinner. So many choices! Have a wonderful day tomorrow.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Deegee, don't give me TOO much credit -- I'm plenty bad plenty of times, LOL! Can't wait to get my backpack. I hope the grey is dark enough because if not I'll feel compelled to get the black. And good for you for taking a long bike ride!

Yesterday I worked a little late and then went up to TR's. I took some work things with me to read, which worked out OK because a friend of his had stopped over right before I got there. After that I went to bed... and had another early morning with a long drive. There are moments in every commute where I think to myself "Now I understand the concept of road rage" ha ha.

OK, today I am All Annual Review All The Time!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, your hair stylist sounds great having her own salon plus a bonus of having dogs to play with. Darn that your broke the screen on your phone. I dropped my phone in the grocery store the other day but luckily it survived. My one on one with that employee was rather strange. He acted like nothing ever happened, he didn't say a thing about his write up. He still only speaks to me only when he has to ask me a question. It's kind of nice because he is rather needy at times. Your vacation sounds awesome. That's living my friend. Beach chairs for your back sound awesome. I always seem to have my tiny hands too full.

Dee Jay, I hope you like your backpack; I think I'd enjoy using one too. I sure do like Tumi. My briefcase looks new but of course I only dig it out a few times a month anymore. I am glad you and TR survived your trip to Orlando. That's good that TR and your dad got along so well. Good for you throwing your ice cream cone out the window. I bet TR will take your word for it from now on when you say you don't want something, you mean it. Woo hoo to come home 2 pounds lighter. Sweet. I do get Road Rage. I have rather colorful outbursts at times. :lol: Have fun with your All Annual Review All the Time!

I've been reading a series of books this week that keeps my interest enough i just keep reading. I do like good books. We had a power outage around town today so I had to reset all of our clocks when I got home. It must of reset some of our stuff because I can't log in to a few things tonight but Marty is gone until tomorrow night so I'll complain to my IT guy about it then. I turned on the furnace last night and turned on my electric mattress pad. I actually slept better than I normally do. I turned off the heat this morning and didn't put it back on AC either. This time of year it's hard to know it you need heat or AC. I hate chicken for supper; I think I'd best take some alka seltzer. Boo. I've been eating it about every other week and it must have caught up with me. Darn.

Take care.
Curby

Dee Jay, this Tom Everhart piece is called Rage Rover. I had to get it because It's Marty
IMG_1022.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, that picture is awesome and captures my mood perfectly during the morning commute!

Last night I was here until about 9:30. I'm getting sooooo close to handing this annual review over to my boss! In a perfect universe he gets it TODAY. Go Dee go!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, too funny you are Rage Rover on the way to work. I hope you got your annual review finished today. :appl:

Not much new going on here today. I had my morning work done by 10 and my afternoon work took me about an hour. It was a long day.

Marty's flight is delayed at least 45 minutes tonight. I told him his rabbits were a bit upset with that news; that means they have to deal with me at least 45 minutes longer. :lol: He wanted to buy some new Power Bar for lifting that is one sale for $250. I said - I am SOOOO glad I thought of it for his birthday present. I can find an obnoxious card and get a bow and then I'm done. Sweet.

Tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids -- and a happy Friday it is because (a) I handed the annual review over to my boss yesterday afternoon (not that it's DONE but at least it's alllllmost done!) and (b) bonuses hit our bank accounts this morning. Woo hoo!

Curby, it's it great to find something to buy our hub's?! I remember being so frustrated with Bill because he NEVER wanted anything and when he did he'd just buy it. Christmas and birthdays turned into a festival of joke presents, LOL.

Yesterday I *could* have gone to the gym after work... but I came home and did some cleaning and organizing instead before I went to show my client a property at 7:45 that she wanted to see... and actually might put an offer on!

Today I'm headed to the gym and then I have about a thousand dollars worth of stuff to return at different stores (including a bunch of dresses I bought for a wedding I'm going to tomorrow... and I think I'm going to wear a black dress that's been hanging in my close for about ten years now, hahahahaha! I put it on last night as a lark and it looks better on me than anything I've bought. I am going to keep one of the other dresses I bought though because it's so damn cute and it was only $39 so it can't hurt to have an extra cute dress around that I could wear to something in a pinch.

After all that I'm going to TR's. Yesterday was his birthday so we're going to a movie with the boys tonight to "celebrate." Tonight is also the first night I'm going to "stay over" with the kids in the house. We'll be sleeping on the couch! But baby steps... right?!

OK, up and at 'em!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Yesterday I made it to the gym, and I returned stuff at one store... but that was as far as my productivity went... We took the boys out to dinner and watched a movie at home instead of going out to one, and TR and I ended up sleeping on the couch. Romance at it's finest! :cheeky:

This morning I'm home with the boys because TR had a charity baseball game to play in and it's pretty cool and dreary out. I'm dropping them at a kid's birthday party at 1:00 and then heading to the 'burbs for a wedding of a friend's daughter. I'm actually looking forward to going to bed tonight in the hotel -- a whole king size bed to myself and I don't even have to make it in the morning. It's the simple pleasures, LOL.

OK, off to make a frozen pizza. Clearly we're having a gourmet moment here at Dee's babysitting service!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you did have a great day yesterday - a bonus and turning in your annual review. I like the idea of joke gifts for Christmas and birthdays. Marty and I have the same problem with gifts; we tend to buy what we want. I swear we are good out through 2156 now. :lol:
That's great you had a dress you liked for the wedding tomorrow. Good idea to keep the cute dress you paid $39 for; you never know when a cute dress will come in handy. Big but baby steps with TR. Nice. i hope you had a nice time at the wedding and enjoyed slumbering in a king sized bed.

i stayed up late last night trying to finish book 3 in a series i started; I didn't quite make it but had it done before lunch today only to find there is another book in the series plus book 5 coming in December. Books are like puzzles, I can't leave them alone. I did get most of our laundry done and worked on the astronomy newsletter tonight. Marty is totally enjoying the comforts of home today. He hasn't moved much off the couches other than playing golf. I know he is burned out going to LA so often.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday Kids!

It's chilly and drizzling here today. Marty is watching Hans Solo; it doesn't seem that interesting to me. I've got the astronomy newsletter done so will give it a quick review after it's printed and get that posted. Then my biggest decision for the day is whether to leave my nail polish on for one more day or do my nails today. :D

Have a fabulous day.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I used to be very opposed to series because I was one of those people who, once I started a book, FINISHED... and a series took that to the nth degree. But now that I'm learned to put a book down if I'm not into it, I can also walk away from a series. It only took me 40 some years to get to that point, ha ha.

The wedding yesterday was GREAT! But then... it took them sooooo long to bring out dinner that we were all basically arm wrestling for the last of the dinner rolls and we were pretty much smashed by the time real food showed up. I caught a ride back to the hotel with an old work colleague. It was not that late, and then this morning I was wide awake at 5:40 so I ultimately just came back to the city. People were texting me about breakfast, and I was like Mo Fos, Dee is already at the gym!

My big project today was supposed to be cleaning out my closet, but so far I've done my nails while I caught up with a neighbor and then I had to take a nap. Maybe I'll motivate to get off the couch here soon and tackle the craziness that is my closet... TR is coming down once he take the children back to their mother after dinner.

I'm also waiting to hear back on an offer my client just submitted. Fingers crossed -- would be AWESOME to get her closed on something!!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay- good job getting the annual review turned in and getting a bonus too! Sounds like you’re doing pretty well with TR’s kids. How’d you enjoy the big kind-sized bed all to yourself? That’s hilarious you ended up liking a dress in your closet the best. Did you end up wearing it?

Marcy-I love to read too, but I sometimes take spells where I just can’t get started. I downloaded 4 books for the beach and didn’t start any of them. I played around on my iPad instead. What series are you reading? Matt and I don’t even attempt gifts anymore. He puts what he wants in my Amazon cart and I send him links to what I want. A lot of times we can’t even come up with anything because we buy everything we want all year long!

We got back from Hilton Head last night. I’m so bummed! We had a wonderful time. The island has 55 miles of bike trails, so we took long rides everyday and explored our part of the island. We stayed in Sea Pines Plantation, which happens to be the same area where the lady was killed by an alligator in August. I was apprehensive about going after that, but we had already paid for the house and it was too late to cancel. We were careful not to walk Lily near any of the lagoons, and we were on the lookout a we rode our bikes by them. We saw several alligators, thankfully all at a distance! We loved the area so much, were planning our next trip. I want my snowbird address when I retire to be in Sea Pines on Hilton Head! One restaurant we went to for dinner brought us champagne and an appetizer, compliments of the chef even before our server had stopped by the table for the first time. Nobody else was getting that treatment, so we decided that it must have been because our friend who made the reservation has the last name of Trump (no relation) and the chef must be a Trump supporter. It could go either way... free champagne and appetizer or having our food spit in. Haha! I’m off to mentally prepare myself for work tomorrow. What a bummer!

Last edited:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh yeah...and I bought the new iPhone XS Max while I was on vacation. My old phone was junk anyway, and the broken screen sealed the deal. I love the new phone! It is so clear and fast, and the best part is that it works! Yay!

Last edited:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So in my effort to procrastinate I'm reading The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up. (TR said, those who can, do... those who can't read about it, ha ha!) Let me just say this woman is on drugs. Well organized drugs I'm sure, but drugs nonetheless.

Deegee, welcome back! And good for you for getting a new phone that you love! I took my old laptop to TR's and using it for the first time in ages the other day I am now thinking I should just ditch it altogether, take my current (admittedly also crappy, but LESS crappy) laptop up there, and buy a new one for home. It's a domino effect, this technology thing!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I am like you when a book isn't holding my interest I won't finish it. I won't waste my time on it. This series was a real page turner; I wanted to know what happened next. I finished book 4 about 30 minutes ago. I hope your client's offer is accepted. It sounds like you had fun at the wedding. I hate that when the food takes so long to come out that you fill up on liquor; it hits you faster on an empty stomach. I don't think I'd last long reading the book about tidying up but TR has a good point about those who can . . . :D Good idea to look in to a new laptop and take the one you are using now to TR's.

Deegee, I go through spells where I read all the time and then don't read for months. You and Matt shop like we do; it is way easier that way. I am glad you totally enjoyed your vacation and good idea to watch out for alligators. Run away! Enjoy your new phone. I have the iPhone X and sure like it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results