shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I just finished the Xander series by Bradley Wright. He’s a well trained former seal that takes care of very unsavory
characters.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, totally unrelated to anything but the name of that author if the name of my boss's oldest son. What a talented little 8 year old he has to be kicking out books like that! :cheeky:

Well the closet cleaning didn't get very far off the ground... I did put a TON of jeans in a bag, so that cleared up an entire storage cube in my closet though, so I'm counting that for something... I also had a bunch of long sleeve t-shirts that I ordered (of course) in about 8 colors and they are all way too big on me now so I tried one on and just whipped the rest of the colors in a bag too because they all fit the same. And I'm down to about three pair of work pants now, two black and a tan. This losing weight and getting in shape thing is expensive, ha ha!

TR came down last night and we went to the Italian place on the corner and split a piece of lasagna. I didn't sleep much because he was moving around a lot since he's sore from playing softball over the weekend. Tonight I'm heading up his way to have a birthday dinner with a friend.

I just went into my boss's office and asked him if he'd finished reviewing the annual review yet, LOL. It takes me six months to do it and I want to know if he's done with it in one business day. I thought he was going to beat me until he realized I was kidding! :cheeky:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to say, I'm in a mood to clear out some of the jewelry I don't wear, like my poor neglected Beverley K band...

ad480543-fd83-45af-bd84-bc2d1022ed37-jpeg.632467

I've also got a gold Tiffany XO ring and some other stuff, not to mention a bunch of costume things I'm literally just going to give to the Salvation Army. Still on the fence about my Rolex and Cartier Roadster... I NEVER wear them, but I'm not sure about parting with them... hmmm... What do you ladies think about all this?!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to say, I'm in a mood to clear out some of the jewelry I don't wear, like my poor neglected Beverley K band...

ad480543-fd83-45af-bd84-bc2d1022ed37-jpeg.632467

I've also got a gold Tiffany XO ring and some other stuff, not to mention a bunch of costume things I'm literally just going to give to the Salvation Army. Still on the fence about my Rolex and Cartier Roadster... I NEVER wear them, but I'm not sure about parting with them... hmmm... What do you ladies think about all this?!

I love that you are going to donate your jewellery! Salvation Army is such a good cause.

You could try the pre-loved forum here for your watches--or I am sure you have many places in town who'd give you a good price for your good quality branded pieces. I am of the mind--that if I don't wear it...out it goes. (of course it took me a long time to get into that frame of mind....I used to want everything now I just want to wear and enjoy what pieces I have)

Good luck on your decision!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee jay, I love that you mess with your boss; that's one of my favorite things to do as well. I'm really proud when I can shock him enough he can't think of anything to say for a few minutes. :D
What a small world to hear your boss's son has the same name as that author.
That is awesome you need new clothes; not cheap but congratulations and have fun shopping. :appl:

I'm all for cleaning out things including jewelry you never wear. Salvation Army is a good place to donate. I give things to our local Meals on Wheels. My mom had a lot of costume jewelry and I took it to a local place that takes in prom dresses, bridesmaid dresses and wedding dresses. They rent things out cheap and then you get most of it back when you return things. A couple of moms started it for prom dresses about 20 years ago and it has gathered quite a collection. I think it's a pretty good idea since most of us don't want to spend hundreds of dollars for a dress to wear once.

Hi Sharon.

i was going to start a new book during lunch today but decided to wait a few days. Looks like I'll be taking Thursday off so maybe I'll start a new book that day. Marty is heading to your neck of the woods this weekend, Dee Jay. He is going to a strength training seminar in Evanston. Thursday is the day our cleaning lady comes so I'll have to stay home to let her in the house. I'm getting close to my max vacation hours allowed so I need to take some time off anyway. No employees for a day. Woo hoo!

Take care.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I’m glad you have the iPhone X.now I know where to go for tech support! I’ll have to check out that book series. I have a weird assortment of books downloaded. I read a really dark book right before vacation in April and decided I needed some fluff to counteract the dark. My mom recommended the Miss Julia series. Can’t get much fluffier than that! I read the entire series (19 books) in the 2 weeks we were at the beach. Marty sure travels a lot. Matt hasn’t had to travel much lately. He’s become such a homebody, he won’t be happy the next time he has to go somewhere. He got out of a trip to India (he was dreading it), but he is slated to go to Sweden in January. Good for taking a day off this week! Enjoy no employees for a day.

Dee*jay- good job getting rid of old jeans and shirts that don’t fit. I donated 8 large trash bags full of clothes last month. I got rid of so much stuff when we moved 5 years ago, it’s pathetic that I had built back up 8 trash bags of clothes to donate. That doesn’t even include the 46 shirts I gave my mom & sisters. That’s what happens when you’re a DINK! (Double income, no kids) When we moved, I donated a bunch of costume jewelry and some other stuff to our silent auction at work. It all sold, and all proceeds went to our employee activity fund. I love the band you posted. Send it my way!

Today was the first day of work after vacation. That’s all I’ll say about that. I’m going to head to bed early. I’m sleepy, and I’m hoping that’s a good sign that I will get some sleep. Have a great day tomorrow!

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D6228890-5622-407A-9405-A469AE779487.jpeg
Deegee, I read all of those Stephanie Plum books, they were pretty fluffy. :lol: You did go through a lot of books in 2 weeks. I hate those dark books or movies that weigh on your mind for awhile. Marty was ready to go to India once too. He had that Visa or whatever it was ready and then they cancelled. Marty misses the overseas trips because all those trips to LA don’t give him much in the way of miles. Marty was in Sweden once. I bet Matt enjoys less travel. I will enjoy having a day off and no employees. I hope you survive going back to work this week. I am with you on how much stuff you can collect in 5 years.

Have a great day. Above is the sunrise this morning.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Sharon, I may not have been clear -- I'm thinking of donating my costume jewelry to the SA, but selling some of the real stuff (like the band I posted and the XO ring). Still on the fence about the watches though...

Curby, it looks like there's some rain headed our way so Marty might have a wet weekend here in Evanston. I'm going to MI for a long weekend or I'd offer to come up and keep him company!

Deegee, seriously... I don't know where all the stuff in my close COMES from! I clean it out and a little while later it's exploding again. Ugh. I do fall into the trap of "this is so cheap I just HAVE to buy it!" though, and I need to break out of that.

Last night I headed up to TR's neck of the woods and we went to the birthday celebration. It was nice and I know several of his friends at this point. One guy that I'd met back in the spring at a charity event asked if we were engaged because I had Uni on, and I had her on my left hand because I thought I might be shaking hands so I didn't want a ring on my right. Well that was awkward, ha ha. Oh well.

This morning's commute pretty normal; i.e., long. But now that I'm trying out the audio book thing I don't mind it as much. What took me so long to give this a whirl?! It really is making my life better!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, I forgot to say the band is a size 6 and I really like it, but now that I have the floral band I'll probably never wear it. If it fits you and you're interested I'm happy to give you a great deal on it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I did check the weather for Evanston and saw it was going to be a wet weekend. Darn that you are out of town. Maybe I'll make one of these trips with him. That is where his online coach has his gym. I am with you that the clothes in our closets just seem to multiply. i swear I don't even wear 20% of it either. The birthday party sounds fun. No worries on having Uni on your left hand; it gives people something to talk about. I think listening to Audio Books on your commute is a great idea. My commute is about 18 minutes so I don't know how far I'd get in a book.

Work was slow again today but I was highly amused. My boss picked my negative nelly to test a laptop and how it worked on a different network. We are migrating over in a few weeks so they need to make sure all of our applications work. She never listens because she is the smartest kid in class - just ask her so she did all sorts of things on the laptop she didn't need to do. Of course everything that went wrong was either the laptop's fault, or mine, or she didn't know or blah blah blah. I also found 2 big mistakes she made right before going home that would have caused email alerts all night so that was fun to get her to fix that mess too.

Marty grilled steaks and boiled some potatoes for us. I mashed them when I got home and made us a raw veggies plate. I saved 1/2 of my supper for lunch tomorrow.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, you absolutely have to come with Marty some time!!! Evanston is right by me, and I did my undergrad at Northwestern so I know it well. We'd have a BALL!!!

Last night I had time to work out when I left here and before TR got down... but I just didn't. I battled with my technology all day, first my office phone was only going to voicemail if it rang enough time to go to the receptionist and then she would have to put it in voicemail instead of just automatically going there after a certain number of rings (which apparently has been going on for a number of weeks but TR only told me about if yesterday), and when that got fixed it stopped forwarding to my cell, which is what I do when I leave here for the week. Took them six hours to figure it out and all that time I was without a phone. And then my computer lost its mind, of course at the moment I was desperate to get a contract out to a vendor so they could start some work for us. UGH.

Anyway, I went to the gym on my way in today. I tried a new machine with a motion that I'm hoping doesn't come back to haunt me. I may just ice my knees right now as a preventative measure...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, we would have a blast if I got to come visit you. I'll certainly think about it the next time he drifts that way.
What a pain today with your phone and your computer. I usually wouldn't mind being unable to work but of course that would always happen at the worst possible time. I am glad they figured it out.
I hope the new machine you tried at the gym doesn't come back to haunt you. I was just thinking of getting my gel ice packs out now for my knees. Stupid knees. My right one kept me awake most of the night last night.

i am totally looking forward to having a day off tomorrow. The cleaning lady is coming at 9:30. A friend of mine is coming over for lunch and then I have some errands to run. Our credit union has an accelerated savings of 4.99% but only on a $1000. Looks like I can open one for each one of us; that would be a decent chunk of change in a year. It seems too good to be true though. The little blurb online says it won't apply if you have more than $1000 in that account so I'd have to transfer the dividends out of the account and there is a $5 transfer fee. I'll see what they say. If I can do enough things with them I can get higher interest rates on our checking account.

I painted my nails last night. Being the impatient person I am I tried to open my iPad up too soon and totally messed up the polish on my thumb. Marty comes up stairs and asks me what that smell is; so I told him I painted my nails. Then I tell him I messed up my thumb and he went straight to a knife incident thinking I cut myself with a knife. I can't say it's not a logical conclusion but still.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I'm happy to report that I seem to have survived the new machine at the gym unscathed... but there's something going on with my shoes. I wear orthotics and I've worn Sauconys for years. Lately my arches are killing me. I went to a running store where they know all about shoes and got fitted for some Brooks, but I haven't worn them yet because they are the ugliest shoes I've ever seen -- maroon and fluorescent orange with some aqua thrown in for good measure... not to mention shiny silver soles. I wore them around the house last night though and they fell better than my other shoes so I'm going to go and see if they have them in a more sedate color (there's a grey/black version). Otherwise I think I'll order them off of Zappos. I'm also going to Nordstrom rack today so I might find something there.

This morning I woke up at 5:30... ugh. Now I'm sitting here in bed with my coffee trying to decide if I'm motivated enough yet to either go to the gym or go back into closet cleaning mode. I do have to say though I'm making progress on the closet thing -- I think anyway! It really doesn't look all that cleaned out in there, but I've now got five big bags of stuff to get ride of so there MUST be progress... right?! I think I'm down to tops/blouses and then I'm going to brave the row of purses up top. I've also got a bunch of stuff in drawers that I need to tackle. The problem is now that I've lost some weight I'm down to a lot fewer things that fit me and I want to buy more but I'm not sure what size I'm going to end up ultimately. This transition stuff is hard! I also need to set a bottom weight that is reasonable because last time I went crazy and got a weight that *I* thought was good my best friend told me my head was too big for my body, hahahahaha. So the "right" number lies somewhere between where I am and where I was then! :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! I am totally enjoying not working.

Dee Jay, I hope the Brooks work for you. That is pretty much all I wear. I usually get the men's styles because their standard width fit my food better. Women's wide are too wide and regular are okay except they pinch my toes. You are right though; some of their color combos are wild. I woke up early too so I decided to head to the grocery store first thing. Did you work on your closet or go to the gym? Yes, 5 bags'o'stuff is progress. i cleaned out my purses once and now it seems like I don't have any but to be fair I use my Snoopy Sport LeSac more than anything. I like Tumi as well; they look new and I have a few Coach bags. I was looking at Michael Kors the other day; they had a style I liked but they were all summer colors and would look dirty in no time. The transition size is rough. Too funny that your BF told you your head was too big for your body; that's what friends are for, right? You'll find where you are comfortable.

I got up at 6. Marty was getting ready to head to the airport so after he left I took my shower and headed out to do some shopping. The grocery store didn't have any cashiers yet; just self checkout. I had a full cart so I asked a guy stocking candy if there were any checkers available so he opened for me. I am a baby and hate self checkout; I want a discount if I have to wait on myself. :lol: A friend of mine is coming over for lunch; I ordered us pizza and we will play cribbage. This afternoon I am heading to the credit union and Walgreens. I may as well work on some laundry while I'm home. Marty is getting a new bar for his weights that I hope to catch the delivery man so he can carry it in the house for me. I may even wander in to a jewelry store or 5 today to look around.

Have a fabulous day!
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy!

Dee*Jay-yay for progress! I have a pair of Brooks walking shoes that I can’t bear to wear. They’re so ugly! I bought a pair of Addidas shoes that were recommended for PF. They look much better and do okay with my orthotic. The soles don’t bend at all and they have a deep heel cup, so they take a little getting used to. I have 2 questions about your ring: 1) is it sizeable? I used to wear a 6 on my right hand, but age and a few too many accidents have caused my finger to be a pretty solid size 7. 2) What price are you thinking? I’ve been feeling so guilty about all the stuff I’ve bought myself this summer that I’ve made a several donations to the animal rescue back home in KY. On Fridays they bust animals scheduled to be euthanized that day out of local kill shelters. They call it Fredom Friday, and I have sponsored a lot of animals the last few weeks! I’m all about the animals. My sister volunteers at the rescue, so I know what happens with my donations.

Marcy-gorgeous sunrise! By the time I head to work at 8:40 am, the sun has been up for a couple of hours and it’s not quite as impressive. I hope you enjoyed your day off. I got notice that I have 40 hours of leave to use by the end of the year or I lose it. I lost leave last year and I’m not doing that again! Our maximum carryover of vacation is 40 days. I read the Stephanie Plum books, and they made me laugh out loud! My mom recommended that series to me also. Did you make it to any jewelry stores today? I got all excited earlier because I did a search for a local Porsche dealer, and one popped up. Then I realized it was the company that took over everything from the bankrupt dealer except the Porsche/Audi dealership. Darn it!

I talked to my boss yesterday about wanting something that’s not in management. I know there’s some reorganizing of positions going on with some people retiring, so I wanted her to keep me in mind. She’s 2nd in command at our agency, and she’s the chief operations officer. The talk went pretty well I think, and hopefully something comes of it. I’m happiest if you pile my desk high with work, then leave me alone to get it done. I love researching and solving problems. That’s what I need to be doing. I had to explain to an employee today that she can’t sneak her 8 yr old kid in to work and hide her under her desk all day and cover her with a blanket when someone walks in on days when school is out. The things people try! I’m so happy tomorrow is Friday. Have a great day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I took back the *colorful* brooks and they didn't have the grey/black ones there so I ordered them off of Zappos (which I feel kind of bad about, but if you don't have my color what am I supposed to do... ?). I also got a pair of New Balance at Kohl's that might or might now work. I wore them around the house last night and the jury is still out.

Deegee, I'm pretty sure the ring is really a 6 and it's not sizeable since it's an eternity band. Do you want me to send it to you and you can see if it works? It's a really pretty ring and the pics don't do it justice at all! And for price, honestly I'm sure we could work something out (I hate to put a $ here since I think people lurk). I'm not looking to fund my retirement, just clear some stuff out of my life, LOL. Let me know and I'll post my email on Loupe Troop for you.

Yesterday I finished cleaning my main closet! Seven (SEVEN!!!! big bags of stuff to leave my life! I traded texts with the CB to ask if his daughter and nieces want the things as I always give them first crack, but if not off to the SA they go. I also returned a TON of stuff and managed to come home with only the running shoes I mentioned and a pair of black pants. Of course when I pulled in the gate there was a package waiting for me from the GAP with two pair of black pants that I wanted to take with me to Italy, but one of going back because the fabric is too weird and the other is a leeeeelt snug so we'll see if they fit me in a month if I'm good about the gym! And speaking of the gym, I'm headed there this morning to do a big workout since I didn't got yesterday and then I'm going over to Michigan to stay with my best friend from law school and his partner. TR is coming this afternoon and driving separately because he has to head back tomorrow and I'm staying until Monday.

Motivating to get out of bed now...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Weekend.

Deegee, that made me almost cry to read about Freedom Friday. So many pets in need of a good home. This time of year works great for me to see the sunrise; sadly that means the sun is right in my face on the drive to work. The sun should be well out of your eyes by the time you go to work. I am with you on not losing a single hour of vacation time. We deserve it. I hope they do find you a position without employees. I put a bug in one of the director's ears about me; I should pay more attention to any jobs posted. Darn that the local Porsche dealer was the one that closed; the last time I was getting service on my Macan there was a lady there who drove here from South Dakota to get her car serviced. I was impressed; I don't know I'd drive that far for service. I do still highly recommend the Macan though; I am quite happy with my car. I totally chuckled to hear about your employee sneaking in her kid and covering her with a blanket. I just don't get people sometimes.

Dee Jay, my Brooks are usually the gray / black ones but I've had some bright colors. They change color schemes change every year. i have some NB that are okay but I like the Brooks better. Your band is very pretty (don't worry Deegee I'm not trying to steal it from you) and I can wear a size 6 on my left hand but it would be a tight fit on my right hand. It looks a lot like the tri color band I already have. I always hesitate to get eternity bands because they can't be sized. The only one I have it my Tiffany band. Good deal packing up 7 bags of clothes. I bet CB's nieces or salvation army will be happy to take them off your hands. Have fun catching up with your friend from school.

It got chilly here fast. We may see the first snow tomorrow night with snow off and on this week. I just caught up on some DRV stuff last night. This morning I went grocery shopping and even dug out my wool coat. It was way too hot for shopping but I needed it outside since it felt like 25 degrees. I went out for an early lunch a while ago and think I'll have popcorn for supper.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I can't believe you're about to see snow already! This weekend it was in the 50s and everyone around me was under dressed because we just couldn't believe it was time to pull a coat out already!

I had a great time with my friends. TR was only able to come to up for a day (drove up Friday night and had to leave Saturday afternoon) but I stayed until today. I bought a really cute hat at a store in town and I liked it so much I came home and ordered a second one for TR's house. I can see this turning out like the boathouse -- two of everything, ha ha. I drove straight through from MI to TR's because the marathon is going on downtown and I wanted nothing to do with Chicago traffic today. Now we're watching some sort of zombie thing (well, TR and the dogs are watching the zombie thing and I'm PS'ing and shopping online). Looking forward to an early night!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday, Kids! My homemade beef noodle soup is almost done. I'm starving but saving room for soup. I am down to 3 more batches of laundry if I decide to wash our sheets. I most likely will. I did spend an hour on the phone with my sister that LOVES to talk on the phone. That was short for her. I think I'll read today. Snow might be coming our way.

Have a fabulous day!
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops. I jut found my early post ready to post.

Dee Jay, it’s snowing now. Boo. It sounds nice there compared to here. It is time for jackets all right. Glad you found a hat you liked. Good idea to keep things at TR’s house to keep packing easier. I did some online shopping myself. I ordered some new Brooks and new gray sweater. I also got some short zip on winter boots. They won’t show up in time for the first snow. Darn.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I got lucky at Nordstrom Rack a few weeks ago and came home with a few pair of new boots. I even manged to throw out the old ones that I'm replacing, ha ha.

This morning's traffic was a breeze -- if every day were like this I wouldn't mind it at all! God bless these quasi holidays. Today I'm doing some fast and furious testing with an eye toward finishing up the annual review so my boss can present it starting next Monday. I've got an inspection this afternoon with a problematic client. I just really want to say to her yanno, I don't need the nine grand in commission. Why don't you go find a new agent? But of course I can't do that at this point...

Alright, off to continue making progress!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-Freedon Friday gets me every single week! They post pictures of the little faces of the cats and dogs they pull from death row, and I always cry! My sister says they just take a leap of faith, pull as many as they can and hope they can raise the funds for vetting and find foster/permanent homes for them. Their funding comes solely from donations and they are mostly staffed by volunteers. Im going to knock it off with my impulse shopping for stuff I don’t need and start donating to them instead. I can’t believe you are having snow! It was so hot and humid here today. It’s been in the 90’s. Ugh. It is supposed to cool down later in the week, which will be a nice break from this heat. I guess I should start pulling out fall/winter clothes. I’ve still been wearing ankle pants & sandals everyday.

Dee*Jay- thanks for the offer, but there’s no way a size 6 will fit my right hand. After a bad fall a few years ago, I had to have all my RHR’s sized to 7. I wear a 6 on my left hand, but my rings haven’t been comfortable lately. I broke my wrist for like the fifth time in January, and I forced my rings off my swollen fingers and caused some permanent damage. Man, that ER doctor really griped at me! It was months before I could get them back on, and they kind of bug me. I can’t wear my favorite band anymore (Marcy-the band like yours) because of the thickness and weight. I love your band though! I’ve always wanted a Beverly K band. Good for you for making progress. I hope the inspection went well. Some people can’t be satisfied.

Today was a work holiday (yay!). I did laundry all day, and a few other things around the house. I had planned to work from home some, but I kept losing my internet connection. I only worked for an hour then gave up. We went home to KY on Saturday. I had to see my 16 yr old niece all decked out in her homecoming finery. When I was in school, homecoming was just a dance after the football game. Now it is a formal event the day after game with fancy dresses, nails, hair and makeup appointments, flowers, & fancy dinners. She wore a gorgeous sapphire blue dress, my absolute favorite color. Well, off to figure something out for dinner. Have a wonderful evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you know I should have thought ahead and had you figure out how to have a teddy bear and cup cake delivered to Marty at his seminar; I would have glad sent you all associated fees to pull that off for me. Oh well, maybe next time.
Sounds like a good deal to find some boots at Nordstroms. Smart idea to throw out old ones. I threw out 2 pairs of shoes this weekend as well.
Nice the traffic was so light. Marty arranged his Uber early in case there was a lot of traffic to the airport but he said there was light traffic. I reminded him it was a holiday so not to plan on lucking out on a Monday next time.
Good luck getting your annual review finished and with your problematic client.

Deegee, that is awesome to try and help out with Freedom Friday all the time. Those commercials about abused animals make me want to cry all the time.
Enjoy your warm weather. Most of the snow melted with only some remaining on roofs and grass. The streets and sidewalks were just wet. It was 37 degrees in my car on the way home tonight. We have snow showers forecast through Thursday. Boo.
I remember you telling us about your wrist and forcing your rings off. I hate to hear you still find them uncomfortable to wear. I still really like my band like yours too.
I bet your niece was beautiful and very excited for her homecoming dance. She probably loved you guys coming to see her.
I am glad you enjoyed your day off. Thank you for mentioning work. I need to log on to my work laptop and update my password. If I don't do it soon I'll forget my old password and get locked out. Is that a bad thing? I am not sure.

Marty beat me home by about 30 minutes. I had what we needed to make tacos so supper was quick and easy. He enjoyed his weekend seminar.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-my password expired on sept 28 while I was on vacation. I was able to login when I got back to work on oct 1, but the first time I clicked on a network program I got kicked out and locked out. They couldn’t unlock it because the password expired, and then they couldn’t get the password to reset. It took almost all day to get my computer up and running. It made for a loooong day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, don’t you hate when that happens? We are still logging on to 2 different networks and they have my names different on them. I try to change them all at the same time so they are easier to remember.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Deegee, this client is indeed one of those people who can't be satisfied... I keep trying to explain that nothing is perfect but she's not hearing me!

Curby, I would have happily surprised Marty with a bear and a cupcake! Next time, definitely!

The inspection went OK yesterday (in my opinion) but of course the client is going to create some trauma/drama over the things that aren't perfect. Whatever. She's either going to buy the place or she's not. After that TR came down and we went to dinner at a new taco place. It was really good! I didn't need the churro at the end though... Ugh. I'm up 2-1/2 pounds from my recent low -- time to get back to the gym! Tonight my best friend from law school and his partner are coming over to swap a boat motor for a chainsaw with TR (it's a guy thing I guess... !) and we're going to the local Italian place for dinner. So much for trying to be good!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy- I was typing along today when I got kicked out of the network. When I tried to log back in, I got no further than one letter of my password and I got locked out. I couldn’t find an IT person for over 40 minutes, so I called the state office of technology help desk (they’re over all of our IT stuff) and they couldn’t help. Finally after an hour I found an It person, who unlocked me right before she left. So frustrating! I’m really sad that I can’t wear my band like yours. It fits, but it bothers me and my finger swells. I’m guessing it is either the thickness or the weight. How am I supposed to upgrade to a 3ct diamond if I can’t wear a simple band?! So it was hot again today, and I wore ankle khakis, a lightweight sweater and sandals. I’m going to be sad when I have to put my sandals away.

Dee*Jay- I think I’m just not picky enough in life. I can make do with just about anything as be fairly happy about it. Yesterday I cleaned out a few drawers and got rid of some things I bought when I got really skinny. The clothes looked so tiny! I keep telling myself I’m too tall to wear a size 2, and people then we’re telling me I was too thin. Most of what I got rid of was thermal underwear and undershirts. When I was so skinny, I was also soooo cold!

Today was a mostly uneventful day at work, except for the wasted hour while locked out of the network. I have a staff meeting scheduled for tomorrow. It’s been a while since I had a department meeting so I have lots to go over, and some things aren’t going to be well received. I’m ordering pizza and bringing chips and drinks, and I think my staff will bring sides and desserts. Today was a big deadline day, so tomorrow we can breathe a little easier and not be rushed. I have to leave work early to take my cat Max to the vet. I’m afraid he may have kitty diabetes. I sure hope not, but something is up with him. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee jay, I'll keep you in mind if Marty goes there for another seminar. I remember when he was in Rio before Christmas one time. The Christmas tree in the lobby was covered with teddy bears - he sent me a picture of it and said "I can't get away from those damn things". :lol:
Sorry your client is one of those negative nellys. They are everywhere. :wall:
Nice you found a good taco place. My favorite place in town was closing but someone else in the family took it over. I was happy to hear that.
Too funny about the guy thing swapping a boat motor for a chainsaw; it does sound like a guy thing.
Have fun tonight at dinner with your friend from law school.

Deegee, I hate iT problems especially when you can't get them to help you. Our IT is now run by corporate (100 miles away) and we have to go through them to get help from guys around the corner from me. It's crazy. i hope you didn't have a lot to do today. I hate to hear that band hurts your finger. I wonder if you had it sized up a little if it would bother you as much? I had mine on today. I vote for your 3 carat upgrade. I'm with you; I can be happy with about anything. I have been wearing thermals this week and I'm still cold. I am glad you are enjoying some warm weather. I hope your staff meeting goes well. Good luck with Max at the vet. Give him a hug for me.

We had a little more snow this morning but it quit by noon. it's still cold; I'm moving from my wool coat to my parka. I'm not ready for this 30 degree weather. Marty wanted to go eat when I got home so we went out for supper. He is growing a beard; I am going to start teasing him he is trying to look fuzzy like my teddy bears. Ha!

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Deegee, when I was at my thinnest my best friend told me my head was too big for my body, haha!

Marcy, has Marty every had a beard before? My dad grew one one winter when I was a kid and it looked so strange to me until I got used to it! Good thing I did though because he's kept it for about 40 years now LOL.

Dinner last night was good and the chainsaw/boat motor swap was a success. This morning though TR spilled his entire big cup of coffee all over, including on his hand and foot. Poor guy! I had a dish towel over the edge of the cutting board and he didn't see that it was uneven right there. Ugh. I felt terrible because even though he said it wasn't, I believe it was my fault for having the towel like that. It also delayed his drive home, and travel time in the morning become exponential. Hopefully his day will get better...

Tonight we've got a condo meeting at my house. Oh joy... NOT.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
57428228-D2C6-457B-8D55-D8A6EA9DF09D.jpeg
Dee*Jay-now you might say my body is too big for my head! Don’t get too skinny on us! I hope TR didn’t burn himself badly. Poor guy. That’s a lousy way to start the day. I hope your condo meeting went okay. You’re brave to have the meeting at your house! Even though the cleaners come once a week, I always feel like my house is a mess due to the incredible amount of pet fur tumbleweeds floating around.

Marcy-My ring spins a little, so I’m afraid it would drive me crazy if I had it sized bigger. I might just size it up and wear it as a RHR. Matt tried to grow a beard a few years ago, but it was so patchy he settled for a goatee. Then he decided it was too much trouble and shaved it off. It’s going to be cool tomorrow. I’m going to have to pull out full length pants! I have worn birkenstocks all summer to work. I have 5 pairs...2 with a wedge heel, 2 thong style, and a pair with a swoop thing around the toe. They have been magic for my PF. The only sandal I can bear to wear. I ordered Birkenstock boots from Zappos and they came in today. I hope they feel as wonderful as the sandals.

My staff meeting went well. I feel like I got nothing done today other than party planning. Order pizzas, set up the room, get handouts ready, have the meeting, clean up...then it was time to take Max to the vet. Poor guy has diabetes like I feared. I have to give him a shot of insulin twice a day, and he will have to get used to diabetic cat food. The vet showed me how and then had me give him his first shot. He also had to have a steroid shot because he is broken out in a rash and has lost hair on his belly. Poor buddy. He’s in my lap purring, even after his rough day. I think I’ve posted this picture before, but Max is the one with the solid face. Milo has the stripe. They are part Main Coon, and they are very large cats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results