shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-some morning I’m going to get a picture of a sunrise to post! I think the last time I saw a sunrise at my house was when we left for the beach really early a few years ago. Your rabbit looks ready to rough someone up. I bet it’s hard to keep your Porsche at speed limit. If it’s like my car, it wants to speed, and it has nothing to do with having a lead foot! It rides so smooth, and you don’t realize how fast you’re going. I haven’t been able to test drive anything yet. Matt thinks he will be working all weekend, so car shopping is out. Some of his employees dropped the ball on a project, and he has a team coming in over the weekend to try to get back on track.

I got pulled off on something as soon as I got to work, so I ended up having to split my spreadsheet up amongst my staff to do the research. I filtered by categories and gave each person a different category, and nobody is saving to my master sheet. I’ll weave it all back together later. Hopefully that works! My meeting got pushed to next Friday, so I have some breathing room. Have a wonderful Friday!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
34D469AD-E699-4DA4-9CA2-323DF9E68E59.jpeg

I was greeted by the welcome committee when I got home from work today!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, what a great welcoming committee when you got home.
I will look forward to your sunrise photo. I totally love watching sunrises and sunsets.
Those Killer Rabbits are always looking for trouble. My bears pay for it too.
Yes, my Porsche idles faster than the usual speed limit around town and you don't feel speed at all so it doesn't take long to be going really fast. I hope you get a chance to go take that SQ5 for a spin soon.
Oh no that Matt and his team have to work this weekend. Hopefully they get their project back on track.
That is great you got your meeting pushed too next week and hopefully putting all of your spreadsheet back together works okay. At least you have some breathing room.

Work was pretty hectic today so I was relieved when 5 pm rolled around. Marty took the day off and went to play golf with a friend in Colorado. We went out for supper when I got home. I'd loaded the dishwasher this morning so I didn't have any dishes when I got home. Sweet. I have no idea what we are doing this weekend but I am sure it will be more fun than work.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is today's sunrise.
IMG_9565.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I got up in time to see the sunrise today. Sweet. Marty went to the gym and just got home. I've been working on laundry and catching up on DVR stuff. We are heading out to lunch soon and then to test some mattresses. So many mattresses are only on line now but I am not sure i want to venture down that path. Marty is interested in sleep number but I am hesitant because they are pricey and everyone I know who has bought one ends up selling them pretty soon. Serta is often in the top rated so I thought we'd go try some of them. When we bought our Cal King for this house Marty wanted a medium firm mattrress and neither one of us has really liked it. His shoulders fall asleep and my lower back often hurts. We'll definitely look at firm mattresses this time. There goes my jewelry money; but hey it's always something.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-beautiful sunrise! It’s kind of hard to see one here because we’re in the mountains (as you can tell from the deer in my yard pic). Most of what I see is a bunch of tree tops! Matt and I considered a sleep number but decided against it. It seems like people who buy them get rid of them too fast. We bought a mattress recommended by my chiropractor, and we love it. The company is Springwall from Canada and it is wonderful for my back pain. We have had this one for 15 years and it still feels wonderful. Before that we had a Simmons Beauty Rest, and that was the worst thing ever.

I think I go at such a full steam ahead pace during the week that I absolutely crash in Saturdays. I did absolutely nothing today! I bundled up in a warm blanket and parked myself on the couch. My cat Max stayed in my lap, my other cat Milo was snuggled on one side and Lily was on the other. I managed to pass the whole day like that. We went to the Japanese steakhouse for dinner and I had some very tasty sushi. Tomorrow I plan to head to KY for Sunday dinner with mom. Have a wonderful day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids.

Deegee, it is hard to see much of the horizon when surrounded by trees. My neighbors have cut off my view of the sunset. It was nice when these blocks weren’t built up yet. Oh well. Hopefully as they fill in houses behind us I don’t loose my morning view.
Snuggled with with your kids sounds like a great way to spend the day.
I am glad you enjoy your current mattress. It’s funny sleep number seems to have unhappy customers yet they are still around and so pricey. We had a Simmons Beautyrest at out old house and relaxed it with either a Sealy or Serta we liked. A good, comfortable mattress is priceless. Speaking of price we paid $$2299 plus tax for ours and I see it on Amazon for $1694. Darn. Of course there would be shipping and then the hassle of getting rid of our mattress.
I hope you had a nice time visiting your mom? How is she doing?

We’ve been lazy today. My backup to my time machine was corrupt so Marty deleted all of my backups and is doing a complete backup today. I wanted to work on the November newsletter it hate to mess with my laptop while the backup is going. I dug out my work laptop and started a newsletter in Publisher. I spent an hour and decided I am missing too many things I need on my laptop plus Pubkisher is not too easy to run from a touchpad. Oh well. I emailed myself the 2 stories I had ready and will drop them in my newsletter when I can work on my laptop.

I baked a roast and potatoes for lunch. We had a few chocolate chip cookies in the feeezer so had those for dessert.

Take care
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We had a beautiful day here today - except for the wind. Snow is in the forecast for tomorrow though.
Marty worked out at the gym tonight so he is picking up groceries on his way home. Score!

Have a fabulous week.
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy back from Italy kids! :wavey:

Just a quickie because I'm digging out from a big pile of stuff and quarterly certifications have to be done TODAY.

In five days, according to my phone, we hiked...

48.9 miles
115,839 steps
550 flights of stairs

My knees say YOWCH! But my butt looks pretty good, ha ha!

And I somehow lost 1.8 pounds even though all we did was eat and drink... so how come my pants are tight, LOL?!

Will come back later but wanted to check in so you guys didn't think I fell off a cliff or something!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-my mom is doing okay, thanks for asking. She’s stressed out over my sister’s drama. We’ve been blessed with nearly zero family drama all these years and we don’t know how to deal with it now. I think we’re all thinking whaaaa??? Did you get your newsletter finished? I’m still figuring out my new laptop. Since I begged our chief IT officer for the laptop, I don’t want to complain not one little bit. I’ve been doing lots of how to google searches. Haha!

Dee*Jay-glad to see you made it back! Hopefully you had a fabulous trip. My friend from India took a weekend trip to Vegas and the Grand Canyon this past weekend. I told her not to take any selfies near cliffs because I didn’t want to be reading about her falling off!

Tonight is trick or treat. Matt is outside in the cold and I’m making dinner in a toasty warm house. We’re having hamburgers, fresh green beans & new potatoes. We needed a healthier side than tater tots. I stayed home from work yesterday because my joints were very swollen and achy. I feel much better today, so hopefully I’ve turned a corner with this stupid flare up. Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy getting back to normal kids!

Deegee, there were a lot of places where we could have taken a fall that would have been the end of us, but we didn't take pics in any of those spots! Holy cow; how sad...

Curby, I love my mattress! It's about ten years old now and it feels like new. When I move though (whenever that might be) I will probably get a new one. Just because. I mean, at 10+ years, I figure I should replace it!

I got all the certifications done yesterday -- yay!!! I even left a few minutes early and headed up to TR's. The traffic wasn't so bad but there was some major rain along the way. This morning traffic was pretty good again, and I'm in my office a bit early.

A deal that I've been working on for a looooong time *looks* like it's finally coming together. If the client (my client, that is) doesn't come through with her end of the bargain at this point you'll be reading about me in the papers. Realtor Kills Buyer. :cheeky:

One of my listings also went under contract while I was in Italy -- of course. There's no better way to get something to sell than to leave the country! Would be nice to end the year with these two deals closing. Would be even NICER to end it with the other two listings I have going under contract, but I'm not going to be greedy!

Oh... and I'm awaiting word on a little sparkly something... I've committed to buying a stone pending it returning from GIA with certain factors. It was supposed to be back this week but GIA must be a bit backed up because now we're looking at next week. Fingers crossed it is what we think it is! I already -- of course -- have setting ideas! :tongue:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, welcome back! I am delighted to hear you didn't fall off a cliff or something. You certainly got in a lot of steps and woo hoo to coming back 1.8 pounds lighter. Good call not to take pictures in those dangerous places; you read about too many people taking selfies in dangerous spots and it doesn't end well for them. Good deal your mattress is still great after 10 years. What brand is it? We had one we really liked and I think it was Serta. Time will tell. What a relief to get your certifications done. I hope things come together for your client so you don't end up as the crazed realtor in the news. i'm rooting for you to close on all of your listings by the end of the year. I'll be anxious to hear about your stone and setting idea. I am pondering a Kentucky blue sapphire pendant (or heading to Denver and looking at them in person.)

Deegee, I am glad to hear your mom is doing okay. I hate to hear about family drama and I totally get it would stress your mom (and everyone) out. Hopefully things get better soon. It is tough to learn new computers and I wouldn't complain either after begging for it. Good idea to tell your friend from India not to take selfies on the edge of a cliff. Your supper sounds good. I am glad to hear you are feeling better today; I hate to hear you had a flare up. Get better soon! Marty is waiting on all of our trick or treaters. I am guessing we are at about 70 so far. We didn't buy candy until Monday so got the minis; our bowl isn't going down as fast as snack size.

We went to supper with some friends last night. It was fun but got home late. Work was busy today and I sat with some guys from corporate today on our limited display options on our laptops. The guy who I've butted heads with for years thinks we should all just bring home big monitors and display the laptop on them. It's just a bigger mess that way.

We had window food tonight. Marty gets a chicken, bacon salad and I had a pot roast sandwich. Not bad for fast food.

We only got cold here; the snow stayed at higher elevations.

We were checking out the specs on the newly released iPad Pro last night and I told Marty he should order it; so he did today. I definitely think I should get my necklace too.

Take care.
Marcy

Here is the pendant I am eyeballing: The sapphire is about a carat with little diamond accents
Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 7.35.43 PM.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I really like that pendant! I've got a penchant for "swirly" designs! There was a swirled ring in Aspen that I came across one time and I didn't buy it because... well... I need another diamond ring like I need a third t!t... but I regret it now.

Yesterday I sat through a four our continuing education webinar playing in the background while I did a ton of work. I'm on a mission to NOT have to cram three years of CE into six months next time my CPA renewal is due so I'm trying to get some hours in every now and then. I left early and came home and did really not anything, LOL. I fell asleep early, which means I've been up since about 5:30. Not actually UP up though; I'm sitting here with an ice pack on my knee. The good news is the swelling in my ankles is FINALLY going down, but my right knee is super sore still. Oh well, the price one pays for hiking all over god's green earth, right! Not much on the agenda today except for work work work. There's also a file that I realized before I left for Italy that's gone MIA in my office. I really NEED to find that. Hopefully it will pop up today while I'm doing other things.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, don't you hate those things that you didn't buy? I saw the greatest color pear shaped aqua ring one time and passed on it. I think of it often; yet I never wear the aqua I have. I like swirly things and bypass style jewelry.
I hate to hear your knee is still swollen; I am glad your ankles went down. Ouch to both but what can you do when you go on such a great vacation?
I think that's smart to work on your CE frequently so you don't have to cram it in all at once.
I hope you found the file you were missing.

Work was busy today so the day flew by. One more day to go.
I was highly amused today when my negative Nelly employee was complaining about having an appointment with the school counselor because her daughter is being bossy and mean to other students. A co-worker told her "I wonder where she got that?"

Take care.
Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, the missing file is still missing... but I didn't really look very hard truth be told. And LOL on the comment about the daugter. The apple often doesn't fall far from the tree, LOL.

I'm thrilled to report GIA gave my potential stone a clean bill of health and hopefully it will be in my hands late next week or early the following week. Then of it goes to get set. I've got idea galore!

This morning I'm going to motivate here soon... I'll head up to see a friend's new place in the northern 'burbs, stop at a Trader Joe's in between his place and TR's, and the end up at TR's. Trader Joe's has prosecco in cans that I really like, but it was MIA for a while. Someone told me it's back so I want to swing by and get some before it's gone again.

Tomorrow TR and I are going to the Northwestern vs. Notre Dame game. He and I both went to Northwestern so it should be fun. I did realize that I gave away my long sleeve purpose t-shirt in the big closet cleanout so I'm hoping to swing by Macy's and get another one. Not sure what the chances of that are though. Damn -- should have thought that through a little better!

Anyone have big plans for the weekend?1

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, darn to that pesky missing file. I hope it turns up. And yes definitely the apple doesn't fall from the tree.
i am anxiously awaiting news and info about your new stone. Ooh.
Good deal TJ has your favorite cans of prosecco back in stock. I still haven't tried that; I will have to remedy that soon.
How was the game? I hope you found sleeve t-shirt to wear. Did Northwestern win?

We have low key plans for the weekend. Both of us had errands to run today but stayed home out of the wind and snow. I finished a book and started a new one and got all of our laundry done. Tomorrow we are heading to Fort Collins to meet my sister and BIL for lunch. We plan on visiting our favorite kitchen store while we are there.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, the game was cold and wet (it started raining right after half time) and we left shortly after the dampness started. Obviously we didn't miss much good on our side as ND beat us quite handily. Not that that was any surprise!

This morning I woke up early, allllllmost decided to get up (I got up at about 5 am yesterday to find some sinus meds and never went back to gleep) but ended up under the blankets again for another few hours. TR was puttering around downstairs in the basement doing whatever it is that TR does in the basement. We just finished breakfast and he's going to go off to an auction and I'm going to go in search of the closest Costco, which I think is about 25 miles away. Of course a visit to TJ Maxx or Marshalls is also sure to ensue. I also bought new fall bedding for TR's house the other day but I need some extra pillow cases. Hopefully I'll run across a Bed, Bath & Beyond or something along the way. So as you can see the excitement abounds here in the Midwest!

As for my sparkly, I traded messages with David Klass on my design ideas yesterday and the sidestones may be a little problematic as my stone is, as David pointed out, on the bigger side. Hmmm.... may need to come up with an alternate idea if that turns out to be the case.

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I like that pendant! Very pretty, and blue is my favorite color. I only have one sapphire ring. Since I love blue so much, you’d think I’d have more sapphire jewelry! The last time I took something to the jeweler across the street to fix, he noticed my sapphire ring and brought out a beautiful pair of earrings that were from Spark, which is the maker of my ring. The earrings were a perfect match! Same design and everything. I want something more simple for earrings though. That’s too funny about your negative Nelly’s daughter. What can she expect? I’m thinking about an iPad Pro for Christmas. My iPad has never quite worked right since it got drenched in tea and had to spend a week in a box of rice. Mainly it just doesn’t stay charged. It’s only 3 years old, so I don’t know that I can justify getting a new one already. You know how I overthinkthese things!

Dee*Jay-your last paragraph above has me very intrigued. I am so envious of you & Marcy! You see things, you buy things, you enjoy things! I think things to death and then it’s no longer fun to get anything. I need to start some classes for CE at work, but we have to physically go to classes offered by the State Division of Personnel. Who has time for that nonsense? The last couple I went to went badly, people were just ticked at having to be there, ticked at the governor for whatever, took their bad attitudes out on the instructors, classes got out of hand and had to be dismissed early. I felt really bad for the instructors because they’re state employees too. They’re in the same boat as the rest of us.

I worked really late a few nights last week going through data for 1604 members to prepare for my meeting on Friday, and it got pushed out another week. Fine with me! I’m totally ready now.

My kitty isn’t responding to the insulin, and his dose has been increased twice. I hope this last increase does the job. Until he’s stable, I have to drop him at the vet on Friday mornings and leave him all day so they can check his blood glucose several times throughout the day. That stresses the little guy out so bad, he’s a wreck when we get back home.

I was approved for a weight loss/nutrition program through my insurance, and I’m excited to get started! A few of my coworkers were also approved and a bunch were denied. It seems like they approved mostly people like me... overweight but not terribly so, and before being diagnosed with high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. The goal is to prevent those things. The program is called Naturally Slim, and it is supposed to teach you how and when to eat. No special foods to buy, no counting points, calories, carbs, or anything like that. We shall see how this goes! Have a great week!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, darn it anyway that the weather was cold and wet for you at the football game. Double phooey your team lost.
Your day does sound fun and full of shopping. That's a great way to spend the day.
What shape is your big stone or is that still a secret? Do you like solitaires? DK made your last ring, right? I love new projects.

Deegee, blue is my favorite color too. At one point I think 90% of my tops or sweaters were some shade of blue. :lol: I hope you find the perfect sapphire earrings to match your ring. I tend to wear some kind of studs the most and to be fair you never see my earrings anyway.
I hate to hear about your iPad. I highly recommend the iPad Pro. I really like mine. I hope Marty's new one doesn't make me want one like his. I'm bad at such things.
Your CE classes sound like a pain. I hate those classes that turn in to bitch sessions. We had that happen recently as well. Our company went back to our old company early in 2017. They took away some holidays, PTO and offer worse benefits. Last summer had all of the management take 4 different management / company philosophy courses and they really got out of hand. Some of the managers got 'talked to" by directors and VP. So much for Vegas rules since the instructor obviously named names.
Good luck with your meeting on Friday.
Your poor kitty; I hope he stabilizes and the vet can figure out the correct dosage.
Good luck with the health program you are starting. Sounds like a great idea.

We had some of that white stuff here yesterday but it melted. We had some rain today. It's near 50 but the wind is high so it makes it very chilly.
We headed to Colorado to me my sister and BIL this afternoon. Marty and I went shopping first picking up a few things; nothing exciting. I found a Yeti cup on sale in baby blue so naturally picked that up.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

deegee, I haven't bought any jewelry of real substance for YEARS and then this year I've gotten a bunch of nice thing! My bezel band reset, the Beverley K floral band, my Unit step cut, and now this. I'm not being cagey on purpose with the new thing BTW, I just haven't seen it in person yet so I'm just a little cautious!

Curby, my shopping yesterday involved a trip to BB&B, THREE trips to Home Goods (don't ask... ), and a late trip to the grocery store for a cherry pie. I got a bit of x-mas shopping done along the way though so I'm not complaining!

Yesterday it rained off and on, and always ON when I was going to or from a store! My feet got soaked early on and stayed wet and cold all day. Ugh. We ended up going to bed early and I had a decent drive in this morning, evening having time to stop by a real estate office and drop off an earnest money check, so that was great! At lunch today I'm going to meet an appraiser for one of my listings, so hopefully that will be a quick and painless process too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kid!
Dee Jay, you have definitely bought some great pieces of jewelry recently. Sweet. :appl:
You certainly did a lot of shopping yesterday. You peaked my interest at cherry pie and Christmas gifts.
I hate getting cold and wet feet. Yay for a decent drive this morning. Woo hoo for dropping off an earnest check. I hope the appraisal went well today.

I woke up about 4 am today and never really went back to sleep. Darn. Work was kind of slow so I found busy work and turned my meetings in to chit chat sessions. That was a good way to kill some time. The rest of the month will be busy.
Marty isn't feeling well; he doesn't talk much when he's sick. I just balanced our checking account for the day and I see a $40 charge to Buffalo Wild Wings; maybe his lunch made him sick. :doh:

Take care.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-my hair mostly covers my ears too and I never wear it pulled back. I just need a little hint of sparkle on them and I’m good. I bought a pair of equivalent of 2ctw moissanite drops this summer, and I find I wear those the most! They were just supposed to be an experiment 1) to see if I could get used to drops and 2) if the stone size was okay. I had planned to buy diamond drops, but these seem to do the trick for me. I definitely hate management bitch sessions! They get awkward and don’t get anyone anywhere. That’s funny about Marty’s iPad! I mainly use mine for internet, Netflix, and on here. I could use a bigger screen. I sit on the couch and watch Netflix on my iPad, even though I have a perfectly good big tv hanging on the wall!

Dee*Jay-I hope you LOVE your new thing! I bought a few things I like quite a bit last year. I bought a ruby cabochon Art Deco ring and an antique emerald ring from JBEG, and Matt bought me a pair of cushion halo dangle earrings. What do I wear? The vintage Art Deco ring I bought several years ago and my experimental mossanite earrings. Lame. And I absolutely hate getting my feet wet. It messes up my whole day. I can’t get warm and I feel icky.

I started my nutrition lessons today. It took about an hour, and it was pretty interesting. You’re supposed to eat whatever you want and apply the when and how lesson to what you eat. The first few weeks, you’re supposed to avoid sugary foods and drinks as much as possible. And wine! Good thing I had already been cutting back on the wine. I’m off tomorrow, so YAY! But I plan to work from home on employee performance appraisals which are due by the 15th of this month. I’m hoping to get them mostly done. Have a great Tuesday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Election Day kids!

Curby, I think the appraisal went pretty well yesterday, but I flirted outrageously with the appraiser just in case! :cheeky: My only experience at Buffalo Wild Wings was when I was down in Kansas City and a friend of a friend would invite me to go with him and a bunch of friends to watch football. I'm not sure I ever ate any food there, I think I just took up space on a bar stool!

Deegee, I envy that you are a bracelet person! I have a tennis bracelet that I really love and would be perfectly suitable for everything from work to a fancy affair, but alas it rarely sees the light of day... I have at least gotten better about wearing necklaces. For years I never wore anything but my studs, a ring, and pearls, however in the past few years I've trotted some of them out too.

Last night I headed up to TR's right after work. The drive up, and also back into the city this morning, wasn't too bad. Or maybe I'm just getting used to sitting in traffic for two hours at a shot... :eek-2: I made an attempt to do my nails with the OPI Infinite Shine no-light "gel." Let's just say it didn't go well. This stuff is THICK. I had a really hard time getting even coverage and the rim around my cuticle area is pretty uneven. I'll try it a few more times (becuase... yanno... I bought THREE DAMN COLORS rather than just giving one a shot to see if I liked it!) but I have a suspicion I'm going to end up going back to the light-cured gel. Waiting for word from the sparkle guy that my stone is ready to ship. Hopefully I'll hear from him today! I'd love to get it on my hand, spend just a little time with it, and then send it on to be (re)set before Thanksgiving if possible. In a perfect universe maybe I'll have it back my mid-December!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay- I NEVER attempt to paint my nails, not even with clear polish. I do not have a steady hand! I get my nails to a good length and think, I need to go have a manicure. Then I slice a few of them off while cutting up a pineapple! I never can keep up with manicures anyway. Too much effort. I hope you get your sparkly soon because I cannot wait to see it. I’m hoping it will inspire me!

Howdy Marcy! I hope Marty is feeling better today. My nieces always used to beg us to take them to Buffalo Wild Wings when they visited, and that’s the only time I ever went. Do you call it BDubs? Funny...now they beg to go for sushi. And I had to drag them to the sushi place the first time just to get them to try it!

Working from home today is a no-go. We had monster storms last night and today I have no internet. I have an unlimited data plan, but can’t use my phone for a wireless hotspot. Guess I’ll just have to take the day off and finish my book. Darn. Lots of areas around us have no power, and they’ve worked hard all day to get power back on in polling stations. I took Lily for a walk a while ago and the streets are absolutely full of storm debris. That happens when you live in the hills! Have a wonderful evening!

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, it's nice we have some sparkle on our ears even if we are the only ones who see them. I bet your drop earrings are perfect. My MIL had her studs finally made in to drops and loves them. Seems like they are 1 carat each.
That is pretty funny you watch Netflix on your iPad when you have a big TV right there. I know streaming services on our small devices is the wave of the future.
I tend to wear just a few pieces of jewelry all the time too; we stick with our favorites, right?
Your nutritional plan sounds like a good plan. Good luck with it!
Ugh to writing employee appraisals; I'll be doing those soon as well.
Marty was feeling better today. That is funny about your nieces deciding they love sushi now.
I hate to hear you had such an awful storm there today. Glad you took the day off.

Dee Jay, it can't hurt to flirt with the appraiser for a more positive outcome.
Our BWW is not know for good food. Marty said he was really hungry and it was the closest place he could think of to get chicken.
I wear bracelets most of the time but always take them off once I pull out my laptop so I don't get scratches on it. I definitely remember your diamond studs; they are gorgeous. I wear my studs most of the time too. Recently I've been wearing that WG diamond pendant I have with the setting similar to one you have. I wore my CBI pendant pretty much everyday for a long time and now rotate in my other pendants.
I hope you do end up liking that nail polish. I totally chuckled about buying 3 bottles instead of just trying one. I waste so much money on nail polish. I am using OPI and Orly most of the time now. How long do you have to use the light to cure the gel polish?
How exciting you'll be getting your stone soon. I couldn't find examples online of what we talked about. Having it finished before Christmas would be great!

Speaking of pendants; I just ordered my sapphire pendant. It will arrive on Monday. :appl:

Marty did wake up from his nap downstairs about 10:15. He did manage to sleep in this morning until about 4 am. He went to the gym early so I didn't get to talk to him much. He said he felt okay. He is on his way to LA right now and won't be back until next Thursday.

Laters,
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Deegee, it's fully that you had to drag the kids to the sushi place the first time and now they are raring to go! I think that's probably true with a lot of things kids try for the first time though. At least they gave it a go; I can't even get TR's kids to try a Granny Smith Apple because it's GREEN and apples are supposed to be RED. Ugh.

Curby, I'm done with my non-gel polish experiment. A day into my new mani and I was chipped all over, so back to the gel I go. I'm not even going to try the two other bottles I bought. The gel cures pretty fast, 30 seconds for each coat (base, color -- which I normally do 2 or 3 of -- and top). The biggest benefit is it's totally set when you pull your hand out for the last time so you don't have to worry about dinging it up or anything.

Last night we had a meeting at my unit with the developer who wants to buy the whole building. It was the same sort of sh!t show the last meeting was, but at least he took it in stride. This is not his first rodeo! I really don't think the deal will ever get done though. Oh well.

Today I am going to do some actual work (!) and then I have an appointment with my knee guy at 3 pm. I've gotten so adept at changing the way I move so as not to make my knee click I'm not sure I CAN make it click for him now!

After that I need to pack up some purses to take up to the cowhide lady tomorrow and go through a giant pile of stuff that has been accumulating on the table inside my front door. That needs to be done way more frequently that I get around to it... I also need to take stock of my Christmas shopping situation at some point, and it may make sense to do it now while I have a bunch of stuff out of the closet where I store those things because I can get to it fairly easily at the moment. Plus, it's almost Thanksgiving (HOW did that happen?!) so it's definitely time!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, too funny about TR's kids refusing green apples. One thing I avoided until post college was cream cheese and cheesecake. What was I thinking?
That is pretty awesome how quickly gel polish sets with the light. How long does it stay before you have to do it again?
I hope your appointment went well for your knee. Good luck with that!
I went through our stack of stuff this week. It piles up way too fast. At our old house we had a tiny dining room with a 36" round table. We piled mail and junk on it that quickly got out of hand. If we had company coming over it all went in a laundry basket in our little laundry closet. Marty definitely can handle clutter better than I can.
I need to arrange some stuff to start storing Christmas gifts too. I just ordered a few things for Marty plus a game for some friends of ours.
I can't believe Thanksgiving is almost here either.

Remember me telling you I was wearing that teardrop pendant again? Well, I lost it today. :(2 The nail I use to hold my clasp open is really short and I had a hard time getting the chain clasped. I thought I had it but apparently not because when I got to work I had the chain across my shoulder but the pendant was gone. I convinced myself all day it was most likely on the floor of our closet because there is carpet in there and I wouldn't hear it hit the floor. Wrong. I walked around the house, out to the street and of course looked in my car and around work. Hopefully it shows up. At least it wasn't my CBI pendant or the heart pendant that has my original engagement ring diamond. One wouldn't be cheap to replace and the other couldn't be replaced.

We are getting snow tonight.

Laters,
Currby
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Thursday.

I got up about 45 minutes early so I could get on the road to work before a lot of traffic got out there (quit laughing Wyoming has traffic - just not much compared to other places). The road was pretty slick but i didn't have any trouble. I saw several cars in the ditch along the way though. We got up to 29 degrees. I told Marty how warm it was and he said he was smart to be in LA this week. I called him a name. :lol:
I have a new best friend at work. I was at my desk with 3 sweaters, a blanket and mittens when she showed me where she found the thermostat for our floor. We pushed the button towards warmer and it quickly started warming up. We'll see tomorrow if I get busted but I can hope.
i wore my new LL Bean hiking boots today. They kept my feet very warm but felt like I was walking on bricks all day. Hopefully as they get broke in they will soften up a bit.
Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, LOL on the new best friend at work! I'm fortunate in that the climate in my office is generally pretty good, but I have worked in places that were way too cold! When I was at the hedge fund I kept a giant black shawl in my office and when I'd get mad about something and storm around the office it would flap behind me in my furious wake. The guys came to call it The Bat Cape, ha ha.

Last night I was supposed to see the cow bag lady but she forgot about another thing she had to do so I was blissfully free! I made it through the giant pile of stuff that I've been ignoring, and it didn't seem that bad at the time but when I was done I realized it was almost 10 o'clock so it certainly took a while!

This morning I've been up for about two hours tooling around on the internet looking to make sure there are not more setting ideas I should consider before sending my new sparkly off to be redone. It's amazing how much time can be sucked up doing stuff like this! Now I'm going to motivate and head to the gym for the first time in a few weeks. The knee doc has forbidden me from doing two of the five things I enjoy so I'm down to three cardio options. Blah. Oh well, I guess I'll just see how it goes. Then I'm heading up to TR's for the weekend. The kids will be there until Sunday evening at this point. I hope we don't hurt each other!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

It's early here but one of the children is awake already so the household is UP. Where the fvck do they get all this ENERGY?!

Yesterday I helped the younger one make a gingerbread turkey from a kit I'd picked up at the grocery store. The older one was pretty wrapped up in his computer thing, but I'm not surprised that an 11 year old didn't want to make a turkey so that was fine. TR worked a little late and I ordered in pizza for dinner. When he got home I realized I only had an hour to get my sparky off to Fed Ex but I didn't know exactly where it was so TR took it for me after we got it all packaged up. A little worried about how much it shrank in the few days I had it, haha. Wondering if I should come up with a setting idea that will give some more finger coverage, but all my ornate ideas are the same-ish. I'm such a one trick pony!

Ok, there's no avoiding it. The boys are in full swing now so I guess I'm going to have to get up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results