carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, great looking car! Love the color. Too funny that Lily is checking it out for you too. I really like your idea of the gift card pick and choose plus steal it option. That would make it more fun. I am sure Marty felt like he was sleeping on the floor last night. i hate to hear your right arm is flared up and difficult to use; it makes things so awkward using your opposite hand. I hope you get better soon. Driving your new car should help. I'm sure. ;)2 Congratulations on losing 10 pounds. That is awesome.

Dee Jay, I am always looking for something different for our family gift swap and I try to get something that most people will want. Nice that you have a remote start installed. You will love that. That's on your SUV? I've always wanted one on my Audi and my Porsche but I guess they don't trust them on their cars so if I had an after market installed it would invalidate the warranty. Marty's F150 has one and I'm jealous. Good idea too get home for the storm. It's sunny now but get got several inches of snow overnight.

Our make shift bed worked; it looks so funny compared to the bed we had and certainly kind of squeaks. I thought it was harder with the plywood underneath the mattress but Marty didn't notice that. I sure don't have trouble getting in to the bed. Our final bed will be about 3" higher. Hopefully the furniture gets here closer to 8 weeks than 12 weeks.

I am working on laundry today and need to pick up the house since the cleaning lady comes tomorrow. Marty can drop me off at the court house for jury duty. I guess I can't take my cell phone in to the court but I need it to call Marty when I am done. I think you can leave it with the sheriffs who screen you before entering the court. We will see. Maybe they'll send me home for not following directions. :lol:

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of our bed yesterday before we took it apart and what we have now. Notice the mattress top compared to the night stand. Disclaimer - I don't make my bed up nice and neat. :lol:
beds.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, LOL on the difference in the bed heights! I swear I have to climb up to get into TR's bed but mine is a platform bed, super low, with no box spring, so if I feel out of it in the middle of the night I might not even notice!

I didn't think about invalidating the warranty on my Lexus... UGH. I did call the Lexus dealer first though to get a quote, and the one they put on is a Lexus factory part, so maybe that makes it OK... ?

Taking a break from all the shuffling around. I got my xmas paper and stuff out of the back reaches of the closet and loaded it into the car so I can take it TR's next weekend. I also have gift spread all over the house right now, and I need to consolidate those into a few big bags to make transport easier. I'm ready to get everything wrapped and shipped!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I can’t believe you’re almost finished Christmas shopping BEFORE December! I’m jealous. I remember the Rainforest Cafe. It is a little cheesy, isn’t it? I can see kids liking it though. I’d love to have a bed that was low to the ground. Matt is a super sound sleeper. I’m always afraid when I get bronchitis that I’ll cough so hard that I pass out, then fall out of bed and whack my head on the nightstand on the way to the ground. Matt wouldn’t find me until he tripped over me on his way to the shower the next morning!

Marcy-Lily is the nosey-ist little dog! When we go to moms, Lily always goes through the entire house checking for open closet doors to see what she can find. I didn’t even think about adding a remote start voiding a warranty. I think BMW just started making that available. It seems like the dealer from my previous BMW told me that you couldn’t leave a car running without an occupant in Germany, but he could have been making that up for all I know. Don’t you hate waiting to have furniture made and delivered? We waited 10 weeks for our furniture when we moved in to our new house, and it seemed like it took forever.

Matt and I tried to get outside decorating done today because we had a beautiful 65 degree, sunny day. We didn’t get a whole lot done because his knees were aching and my elbow told me I’d better knock it off or I’d be sorry. I did some laundry and went grocery shopping. Exciting day! I sat in my car for a little while setting things up and trying to learn all the gadgets. It has every available package, which is way more than I need or would have gotten had I ordered it. But hey, it had the exterior and interior colors and motor I wanted and it was on a local dealer’s lot. How could I pass that up? I’m sure I’ll get used to all those options and think I HAVE to have them on my next car! Is tomorrow already Monday? I need another day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Deegee, when TR got his new truck last spring he didn't pay attention to all the features and now there are a few things missing he wishes he had!

We got some snow yesterday, but not the white tragedy that was being predicted. I think I have about 4 inches downtown and the streets were OK when I left this morning. Other areas got a lot more though, so we were lucky.

I have a ton of things to do today/this week and my boss is getting pissy since it's close to the end of the year and he wants things DONE. Well guess what buddy, I want them DONE too but there's only so much one can do! Le sigh... Off to put my nose to the grindstone!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I think I’m always going to be a little too afraid to let my car park itself! I’m glad to hear the snow wasn’t as bad as predicted. I hope it stays that way.

Marcy-I forgot to say...the stitching on the seats is blue, and the leather is black. I thought it would be tacky, but I love it!

Not a whole lot to report today. I lost 3 pounds last week. Yay for Thanksgiving weight loss! I was halfway home today when I had to turn around and take a different road. A tree had fallen across both lanes of the road, taking power lines with it. Everything was on fire! The tree across the road, the hillside... just a bunch of flames. It must have just happened because no emergency vehicles were there yet. It was raining pretty hard, so hopefully it was contained to just that area. My heart skipped a beat when I was walking towards my car in the parking lot at work today. I :love: it so! I loved my old BMW, but this one is like my old car on some major steroids.! Have a great day tomorrow!!

Last edited:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
1E7E4BF7-E615-4DE8-A228-91BABE188086.jpeg
And just for fun, a picture of my crew watching me eat a hamburger. The guy climbing my leg is Max, the diabetic cat.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! I am juror #4. Trail is expected to go 8 days. On the plus side I won't be dealing with employees for 8 days. :lol:

Dee Jay, should I comment to Marty the bed is too short now? Our bed was a platform bed too but the drawers made it high; the platform was 14.5 inches off the floor to begin with. i hope you don't fall out of your bed at night. That is kind of funny you go from extremes with your beds. You'll have to watch the prosecco so you don't miss the bed. :D Glad the snow wasn't too bad there. I saw quite a few places had blizzard conditions. I imagine if Lexus has the part for the remote starter it would be okay. You are all organized to get your wrapping and shipping done soon. I need to get busy on my cards. Sorry to hear your boss is getting pissy; hopefully he'll get over that soon.

Deegee, oh no - I hope you don't fall out of bed either. Let's hope you don't get that sick this year and have one of those coughing attacks. I know a lot of European countries have some serious gas saving requirements. If your BMW dealer says remote starts are available you should be good to go. That is so cute Lily checks out your mom's house when you guys get there. I love it. I remember you waited for furniture when you moved. I am rather excited for our furniture but I know it'll take at least until the new year now. Darn that you didn't get decorations up outside. I think I'll tell Marty not to bother this year; just decorate inside. That's great your beautiful new SUV is loaded; i have features I've forgot how to use but occasionally stumble across them again. Marty likes your new car. I really like contrast stitching on the interior. Cool. Woo hoo for losing 3 pounds last week. How awful about the tree and the fire.

Yep, I am on the jury. Marty dropped me off this morning then picked me up a little after 5. There are few bathroom breaks; oh oh. I bought a sandwich in the little cafe in the court house - $13.75 for a sandwich and a pickle. Hey! I have furniture to pay for now. I guess I'll drive myself tomorrow.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your audience there Deegee!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Deegee, that pic is priceless! Max in particular looks fiercely interested in that burger, ha ha. I just googled the black seats with blue stitching -- oh la la!

Curby, oh no... You obviously didn't use the appropriate line when asked if you could be impartial: "Sure, bring the guilty bastard in, we'll give him a fair trial!" :cheeky: Well hopefully the trail will get over quicker than expected.

Well I got a CAD for my project late yesterday... uh... NO. So then I spent the next two hours scouring the internet and doing a cut 'n' paste project to re-explain my vision. I'm sure we'll get to the right place, but I was surprised this one was so far off since the last project I did came together so easily. Oh well, it's not like I'm in any hurry (but I would love to have this before x-mas... ).

Alright, off to Day Two In A Row Of Awesome Productivity!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy!

Dee*Jay- you can tell by the pic that all my pets are skinny and have to fend for themselves for food. Yeah right...the cats are 20lbs each! Too bad your project isn’t going as smoothly as the last, but hopefully it will all come together for you.

Hello there, juror #4! I agree with Dee*Jay, you gotta sound a bit off when they ask questions. Then again, 8 days without employees would be pretty sweet. I’m like you with the sandwich, only I think “I just bought a car, I can’t afford that $3 drink with my meal!” Tell Marty I really like my car too! I think BMW should periodically send money to cover speeding tickets, because I sure think I’m not going to be able to avoid getting one!

I changed my work hours to get to work earlier and leave before dark because my night vision is horrible, and I’m actually not supposed to be driving after dark. Anyway, my earlier time puts me right through an active school zone. ARGH! It’s so painful! I feel like I’m practically stopped going 15 mph, and it’s a fairly long zone too. I have been on time every morning (yes, me... on time!), but still have yet to leave on time and get home before dark. I think I’m just working longer hours, which wasn’t my intention! Tonight we had crockpot roast with veggies, and it was so tasty. Perfect for a cold, snowy day. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Deegee, I do the same sort of "math" with things! I own both a 911 and a Lexus but I won't spend $3 on something! One thing I am really bad about (regardless of "math") is buying gifts for people... As I contemplate The Wrapping Project this weekend I realize I have once again WAY overspent. Oh well, it's in the spirit of GIVING -- right?!

Last night I worked a little late and then went home and had a blissful second night in a row to myself! By about 7:30 I had done everything I needed to do and I sat at the breakfast bar reading a book and drinking a glass of wine.

I have to say my hair looks pretty damn cute today! I've been suffering through the growing out process for a while now and this morning I woke up, looked in the mirror, and saw the light at the end of the tunnel!

So I traded messages (with pics and a little cut 'n' paste project) with the designer yesterday and I think we're back on track. Will let you know once I get a revised CAD.

Alright -- Day Number Three of Super Productivity here I come!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-too funny you’re cheap with some things when you drive fancy schmancy cars! I buy expensive purses at full price, but have to buy all of my clothes on sale or clearance. A coworker once told me that I would be able to get away with buying diamond stimulants because everyone would assume if I had it, it was the real deal. Haha!

Your post made me think, I have 11 employees, 9 nieces and nephews, 15 kids in Matt’s youth group (down 4 because all kids in one family were taken away by CPS), my mom, Matt’s parents, 5 secretaries at Matt’s office, and a few friends to buy for. If it was left up to me, everybody would get a gift card! Cmas is friggin expensive.

Another tree fell across the road taking down power lines this morning. At least this one wasn’t on fire! By the time I went through, the highways crew had cut the tree out of the road and the electric company was lifting the power lines. One lane was open and I had to drive under a crane with dangling power lines. Yikes! Work was busy and the day went by super fast. I left too late again and it was dark all the way home. I guess I’m going to have to set an alarm. Dinner was hummus and veggies, and then grapes for dessert. Have a wonderful Thursday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, isn't that contrast stitching awesome? My red interior has black contrasting stitching but it add it on the seats was something like $4400 so I passed on having it everywhere. I wish using a line that bring in the guilty bastard would work. I am starting to think we'll be there well in to next week. Ugh. Sorry your CAD was a no go; hopefully your cut and paste version will convey exactly what you want. I am still very anxious to see what it looks like. Darn that you overbought gifts; I wouldn't save them for next year though because you'll just end up that way again. That is why I quit buying gifts all year long. Your peaceful evening last night does sound really nice. That's awesome your hair looks cute and is getting longer.

Deegee, i am sure your pets are well pampered. No doubt. I agree no employees for 8 days is nice but it's amazing how draining this is on you. All 8 of us are saying the same thing. There are 6 jurors and 2 alternates but we don't know who the alternates are yet. Good idea for BMW to send you money are speeding tickets; I'll write Porsche and make the same request. Oh no for going through a long school zone in the morning; I bet your car idles faster than 15 mph. Good idea to get home before dark; I sure struggle with that too and wonder how much longer I should even try; I don't see very well at ALL. I hope you start leaving early though and quit working until normal time. Your crock pot dinner sounds great. You do have quite a long Christmas gift list. We do a white elephant gift exchange for my family, we send Marty's parent's a check and get a few friends some gifts. I will also have to get gift cards for my employees. Christmas is expensive. Are the trees falling over from flooding and then wind? That is so awful.

I am with both of you ladies about spending $3 on something but will blow money on something else (like windows, furniture, sapphires).

Day 3 down of juror #4. My knees and legs are so sore; you get one break in the morning and afternoon plus lunch. The parking lot is a block away then you have to go upstairs and to the opposite end of the building. They are making me go downstairs and in the middle of the building to eat so they finally agreed today to let me stay in the juror's room and let me eat in there. I've decided trial lawyers waste as much time as pitchers in a baseball game. :lol:

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Deegee, I confess I do have a few... um... not so real pieces that I mix in and I'm sure everyone does think they're real! And that's scary about the power lines! Glad you made it through there OK.

Curby, ugh! Jury duty is the worst! I'm glad they are letting you eat in the room though rather than making the trek back and forth and going up and down the stairs. And they wonder why no one wants to do this!

Yesterday I had BBBS. We had a cooking demonstration with the kids and it was a lot of fun. Then I went home and did not much! I got a revised CAD on my project and I'm very relieve! We're 99% there now. I sent one more requested change this morning so hopefully I'll get something to sign off on today or tomorrow so it can go into production. I got a message that one of the gifts I ordered won't be coming because of "short stock." Damn. Now I'm back to the drawing board on that person. The gift certainly isn't irreplaceable but it's going to cost me more to find another version. Not to mention the hassle. Oh well; if that's the worst thing that happens to be I'm doing ok, right?!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-yes, the trees are sliding off the hills due to rain & flooding. I’ve never seen anything like it! When we attempted to put out deorations last weekend, the ground was mushy and we kept sliding in mud on the hill, even though we were standing in the grass. It’s weird. Matt had jury duty several years ago, and it was a juvenile case that really upset him. Jurors were sworn to secrecy, and he never told me what it was about.

Dee*Jay-YAY for progress! I’m sure everyone thinks my moissanite drop earrings are real. They look very real. I don’t think I’d know the difference just by looking at them.

No trees, power lines or fires across the road today. Tomorrow afternoon is designated Cmas decorating time in the office, so my car is loaded down with stuff I don’t use anymore. It’s supposed to be a departmental competition, but my department decided we didn’t want to be judged and we’d just figure things out as we went. We’ll see what we come up with! I can’t help a whole lot because my arm is being a jerk. Have an AWESOME Friday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I think they have some pretty primitive rules for jury duty. Marty took me in this morning since we had about 3 inches of snow and I left my cell phone at home. Why bother to take it if I have to lock it up almost outside in the cold? We got dismissed about 4:15 because the next witness wasn't there. They wouldn't even let me use a phone in any of the court offices; they told me to go down to the county clerk office. I'm like really? I see phones on empty desks everywhere in here. That's great news your design is 99% there; will you get it by Christmas? Darn that your gift is out of stock. Agreed if that is the worst thing that happens you are good.

Deegee, I know once the ground gets saturated it can be hard to dry out especially in a humid climate. I don't think that is the last downed tree you'll be seeing. That's too bad. I hate to hear that Matt was upset by the case he sat on as a juror; this one is not going to leave any of us feeling good no matter what we decide. We can talk about it after the case is over though. Good idea to take in a lot of Christmas decorations; I am sure your office will look great. Sorry to hear your arm is still being a JERK!!! My knee mostly behaved today - mostly from lots of aspercreme and Advil though.

A friend of mine met me for lunch today at the court house. She was using her cell phone and I was giving her crap - "what's that?" And then of course "quit showing off". :lol:

We are down to 3 more witnesses, closing remarks and then we deliberate. Hopefully all of these things can be accomplished tomorrow.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Deegee, how did the office decorating go? I love that idea! But I don't work in an environment where I can do that -- we are Very Formal. Welcome to the land of private equity!

Curby, did your case get wrapped up yesterday or are you going back for Week #2? I've never used Aspercreme but I've seen you mention it before. I may have to try it!

So... CAD #3 for my ring came in... and I just emailed him to go with version #2. Rut ro. I hope these things are saved and he doesn't have to recreate #2. As for timing -- I have no idea when I'll get this thing. The first ring was done 12 days after he got it; he's had this stone for 20 days now and we're still in the CAD process. To be fair we pretty much lost a week for Thanksgiving, and it's not like I need this thing by any specific date. But I want it NOW! :lol:

Today is The Day Of Wrapping! I brought all my stuff to TR's... big tub of paper, even bigger tub of boxes and bows and who knows what, and bags and bags and BAGS of gifts. My SUV was FULL! I'm even wearing my Wrapping Queen T-shirt, ha ha. TR is going to take the kids back to their mom's and I'm going to attack things in the dining room. I've got a full day ahead of me!

The fish candle holders I ordered from Italy have made it to the US and it's possssssible they will be delivered today. That would be AWESOME because otherwise they won't come until Monday or Tuesday and I'll have to either make a trek here to get them or TR will have to bring them down to me. Did I tell you about the fishes? Sister #2 is going to be so surprised?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boy I hope I don't regret this... but the ring guy asked if I wanted to see a plastic model of the ring before he cast it for real. And I said... NO. I mean, like any PSer, I could obsess about this thing until the cows come home, but at some point you have to trust the designer. (Or at least I do... because otherwise I'd drive myself crazy!) If you think I'm making a huge mistake here let me know!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I do have to go back for week 2. Darn!
DK does great work so why not just go for it? I am so anxious to see it finished. I totally get that you want it NOW!
I do think aspercreme helps keep my pain down. It's not good when something hurts enough that you can't sleep.
Good luck with your gift wrapping - you should put on Dancing Queen and of course change the words to Wrapping Queen. :lol:
That is awesome the fishes from Italy arrived in time. Your sister will be thrilled.

They had 2 expert witnesses for the defense yesterday and they went until after 4 pm. I told my BIL i've decided attorney's are like politicians. They take a 300 page document, mark spots with sticky notes; extract the line or two they want you to hear that supports their side and hope you take their word for it. Then the other side takes the exact same document and extracts the info that contradicts what the other side says. My BIL pointed out most politicians are lawyers. Good point. Both sides rested but we have Monday for all the remaining parts of the trial and hopefully we can get done that day. My company pays you for 5 days of jury duty; good thing I have about 6 weeks of vacation built up. I wanted to take time off to start Christmas baking. Phooey.

I went grocery shopping today and hopefully picked up everything i need to get my Christmas baking done.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet, I just filled 3 bags of stuff from the hall closet and back bedroom. Marty isn't feeling well or I'd make him go move up some blankets to the top shelf. Then I plan on moving my table cloths to the hall closet freeing up drawers in our larger guest bedroom. But wait when I get a full dresser I'll actually use maybe i'd have room for all of that stuff. Oh well, i threw out stuff we haven't use since we moved in to this house. I'll need battle armor to tackle that back bedroom closet. :lol:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-my work environment is very relaxed. It’s a 90 person family! We have many employees who started out as temps that took jobs because they loved the atmosphere and the way everyone is friendly and family oriented. That’s the only reason I haven’t left. We have very little staff turnover. I’m excited you gave the go-ahead. That’s one reason I could never have anything made, or build a house. Too many decisions for an indecisive person like myself. I know when I like something, but I have to see it first!

Marcy-At work, we’ll consult with our legal counsel for guidance, and she comes back with a “you can do this or you can do that” and then backs it up with 25 pages of legalese. Argh! Are you finding the process interesting? Aspercreme didn’t help my elbow much. Unfortunately, Biofreeze helps, but it stinks to high heavens! I figured out my school zone car wanting to speed problem. I put it in EcoPro mode, and it reduces the engine throttle and the car slows down. Hopefully it will keep me from getting a speeding ticket in the school zone AND I’m being environmentally friendly... through the school zone...Haha!

Our office decorating didn’t go so well, but that’s okay. The tree I took in was a hair too tall and we couldn’t use it. We improvised and came up with something. Half of my staff was off and none of those left felt like doing much. Only one department really went all-out. I had a little incident, and now my side and back are a lovely shade of blue-purple. I sat on a step stool to make a bow and I leaned up just enough to engage the wheels. It slid back into the wall, and I fell off into the floor with my back and ribs whacking the steps on the way down. Typical Dee accident! We went to the farmers’ market today for a tree and to eat at a restaurant in the market. We’ve made this our own little Christmas tradition. I accidentally picked out an 11 ft tree. Oopsie! It’s going to be hard to decorate with one arm and a hurt back. Oh my. Have a great Sunday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, that is awesome your work environment is so relaxed. Makes for a nice place to work.
I am finding the jury process interesting and I would even say everyone should serve on a jury once to see our legal system in action. That being said I wish they didn't draw everything out and repeat it a dozen times.
I do recall you said Aspercreme didn't help your elbow; darn. How is your arm doing? Yes, Biofreeze does stink but that's great it helps.
Woo hoo for figuring out a way to keep yourself from speeding. I use driver's assist a lot to keep myself legal.
Oh no, i am so sorry to hear you fell and got hurt at work. Are you okay?
Your 11 foot tree sounds great. I hope you post a picture when you get it decorated.
We aren't decorating next weekend but I might go downstairs and find my Snoopy village to put on the mantel.

Not much going on today. Marty left for the airport early since it is snowing. I got our Christmas cards ready to mail and thought it was appropriate to mail them in the snow. I walked in to the post office instead of risking a curby incident in the obstacle course known as the drive up mailbox at the post office.
I've been looking around online to find pictures of our furniture and freaked out when I saw our bed can have rails of 6", 8" and 12'. To me that was how high the bed rails are off the floor. I went to the furniture store to make sure we didn't order the 12" one; oh silly me that is how high the side rails can be. Oh well, I didn't want to find out we ordered the wrong thing.
Even though it was cold and snowy I stopped and got a dish of cake batter and chocolate ice cream at Coldstone. I ate half of it today and will have the other half tomorrow. It will be my post jury duty treat.

Laters,
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy- I had to show up for court once, just in case I got called to testify. It was a work thing, and a group of retired state troopers filed a suit against a decision made by the retirement board (my employer). I couldn’t believe the antics by the attorneys, and the way they put each other down in front of the judge. We won that day, but I don’t ever want to be back in a court room! I don’t even like having to testify in hearings at the appeal level for our agency. Attorneys twist your words, and make it sound like you said something you didn’t. Have you been able to start your baking? I’m in charge of dipping chocolate for our candy making evening with my sisters and mother. I’ve usually bought it by now, but I’m slacking this year. Too funny about the bed rails. You will be so ready for that bed to come in! And I think ice cream is appropriate anytime, anywhere.

My tree still looks like it did when we got it in the stand last night. My back hurts so much and I’m so frustrated. I vote to cancel Christmas. Today we put up the outside lights. We were on the very last tree, and I slipped in the mud down the hill and then fell very hard on the same side as Friday’s little accident. It has rained so much that the soil under the grass is pure mud, and you can’t get any kind of traction. I give up! My back is bruised and swollen, my hip hurts, and I’m just plain mad. Hopefully my mood and back improve greatly by tomorrow or I feel really sorry for anyone who has to be around me. Grrr...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, you are so right about how attorneys can twist your words. They pounce on anything and certainly made insulting references about each other and the witnesses. Some of their witnesses even demonstrated contempt and disdain for the other side. I am sorry you have to testify sometimes.
I have not started baking yet. I was going to this afternoon but decided I'd wait until I'm done with jury duty.
Getting the dipping chocolate is an important job. What do you guys dip in the chocolate? My sister brings strawberries dipped in chocolate all the time; they are tasty.
Oh no; I am so sorry you fell again. You poor thing! You need to get wrapped up in bubble wrap until you get healed up.

I logged in to work and turned in my 5 days of jury duty. I also hunted down the company policy and they deduct my daily jury duty pay from my check ($30 a day). And sadly it does say I either take unpaid leave or vacation days for any further days. I sure we can opt to be excused the rest of this 6 month period.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Deegee, holy cow -- please be careful! And don't worry about the decorating stuff. It gets done when it gets done... or not!

Curby, fingers crossed that today is the end of your jury duty adventure!

What a weekend! Saturday I wrapped all day until it was time to go to dinner with our friends. Sunday I wrapped some more, had to drive back into the city for a showing (yes -- really!) and then packed pretty much everything that needs to be shipped into boxes. I'll have my assistant make the Fed Ex labels today and I'd love to get all this shipped today or tomorrow. I still have a few things left to wrap and ship, but it's a pretty small amount at this point. Poor TR's house though -- the dining room looks like Santa's workshop exploded! :lol:

I got on the road early this morning because it was snowing. I was super careful and it took a bit longer than usual, but not as bad as I was afraid it might be. It's pretty much a white out out my window right now though so I'm glad I'm not driving in this at the moment.

OK, off to do some serious work!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
BFC87FB9-C4A1-4C1C-B818-91D00C182A66.jpeg
Dee*Jay-this shirt makes me think of you!

Marcy-my sister makes chocolate covered cherries, peppermint patties and butter cream balls, and Matt makes peanut clusters. Since I don’t cook or bake, I bring the chocolate and dip away! I would not want to use precious vacation time for serving on jury duty. That does not seem fair.

I stayed home from work today, and have spent the entire day on the couch with my feet up, with my tens unit and a heating pad on my back. I’m BORED! There’s so much to do, and a big, bare Christmas tree has been staring at me all day. Fingers crossed for a better day tomorrow. Have a great evening!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6A5D0216-E552-4D6C-99DF-31D262907DCD.png Well... this *may* be an actual picture of me on Saturday morning (gearing up for the festivities) wearing an actual shirt that I *may* actually own...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! I am no longer juror #4

Dee Jay, yay for setting up Santa's workshop at TR's house. It sounds like the end is in sight to get all of your treasures in the mail. Glad you made it back to town okay since you had to drive through whiteout conditions. Sounds familiar.

Deegee, great sweatshirt and yes it would be great for Dee Jay. All of your chocolate treats sound delicious. Mm. I hope you day of rest and tens unit and heating pad make you feel a TON better. I put a few battery operated Christmas lights on the fireplace so I kind of have some decorations up.

BTW, we got a raise - jury duty now pays $50 a day. Looks like my company will dock $250 out of my check for my 5 days of paid jury duty. Phooey.

We started deliberating at about 11:15 - it only took us 90 minutes. Four of us stayed behind to see the closing statements and judge decision after we were dismissed. The case was about a lady who is in prison until at the earliest 2020 for her 6th DUI and her 3 minor children have asked to be released from her parental rights centered around neglect and abuse. They lived with their dad and stepmom most of their life and the dad died in 2015. Pretty sad all the way around.

I was going to make myself some mini pizzas for supper but since i have some leftover pizza in the freezer I think I'll heat it up instead.

I am actually looking forward to going back to work tomorrow.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome picture, Dee Jay! It's perfect.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results