shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all! Quick drop in. I hope everyone is doing well! I’ve been crazy busy with long hours at work and then all the stuff you have to do around the holidays. UGH! We decided last minute on Thursday to go to the TranSiberian Orchestra concert in town, and we ended up with awesome seats. I have finished all of my performance appraisals, including the face to face, so that’s a load off. I was dreading a couple of them...I was brutally honest. My stupid back and stupid elbow are still giving me problems, but at least I can move now. Last week, not so much! My sisters, nieces and mom are coming tomorrow to make candy & cookies and staying the night. In the 24 years I have been married, they have never had candy making at my house. I don’t want to admit this because my sister will make all kinds of fun of me, but I had to buy a mixer for this event! Haha!! I am not feeling terribly merry this year, but it looks like Christmas barfed all over my house! Have a wonderful Sunday!!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
F2A1AF73-02CD-476D-A878-DF84C21D1853.jpeg
I don’t feel festive, but my house looks it!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Deegee, I love the description of Christmas barfing all over your house! Now THERE'S a visual for you!

Last night we had (another) big meal and went to bed early in anticipation of Santa's arrival this morning! After a quick breakfast this morning (man... we do a lot of EATING here!!!) we did presents. Everyone appears to be happy with their haul, including me, who was delivered a lovely new cordless vacuum. I've got a Dyson for my place but I wanted something small and light for TR's because sometimes dragging the real vacuum around is just too much. That being said, with two shedding dogs and two messy kids and two equally messy adults, well, there's constant sweeping up of some sort going on.

We'll have 11 for dinner tonight (did I mention all the EATING that goes on here?!) and then after a big clean up and a good night's sleep we'll hit the road for the seven hour drive home. Ugh.

TR is coming over tomorrow night and Mission 1 is to replace my Nest thermostat with a good old fashioned $19.95 Honeywell. I hate my Nest. Truly. It was installed last November and it's been nothing but trouble. First of all it defaults, no matter what I do, to 56 degrees for heat. So I have to manually turn it up every frickin' time I come in the house. The thermostat is poorly placed so it gets sun during the day which makes the A/C run in the summer. The Nest claims to "learn" about the sun. Well apparently not because it's pretty much cold enough to hang meat in my house all summer long. And now the thing has been disconnecting from the internet for the past week or so. I tracked down the problem to a low battery... but it's hard wired so WHAT is this battery problem?! The internet has revealed that there are software updates known to fry the brains of these Nests, and I think this may be what's happened. Well I'm. Done. That sucker is coming off the wall and going right in the trash. Cheap programmable Honeywell, here I come.

Whew! What was a whole lotta information about my HVAC you didn't need, hahahahaha!

OH. And NO. No word about my ring. Argh. Where is my new ring... ;( I do acknowledge that it's not like it's needed for an x-mas proposal or something like that, but c'mon! My finger is lonely!

OK, off to do something because all this sitting around doing nothing is starting to make me a little crazy...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, what a relief to get all of your presents wrapped. A nap was well deserved. Whats for the big dinner tomorrow?
How exciting TR found some blue depression glass. I believe that was the color my mom and grandmother had was blue. There might have been a green piece. Sadly they are long gone now.
Your Christmas today sounds great (and delicious) plus everyone made a haul on presents. Sweet. We are looking at new carpet and the carpet guy is badmouthing Dyson vacuums. We bought the V10 Cyclone Animal and really like it. He said it's suction can destroy your carpet. Have you heard that? We are getting a patterned loop carpet.
I have heard complaints about NEST; we've always had good luck with Honeywell too. You certainly had problems with it. Sounds like our garage door. The receiver sensor won't allow the door to close when the Sun is on it. Marty cleaned it, tightened the bolts and we checked the lineup. I read the book and noticed it said you should never put the receiver side where it gets sun so Marty spent about an hour sitching sensors around and we aligned them again and it doesn't work any better, in fact now it's worse. Good thing he's in town for 2 weeks; if it continues to act up I'm calling in a garage door repairman. I don't want to deal with it if Marty is out of town.

Deegee, your decorations look fabulous! Your Christmas Village looks awesome. A friend at work bought an entire village on a local online garage sale for $50. He said it's got a few chips and dings but overall very nice. That will be fun hosting the candy and cookie baking with your mom and sister. I bet you are glad appraisals are behind you. I'll will be writing mine next week. Good deal they went well - even the difficult ones. I hate to hear you back and elbow are not doing well. My knees are having sympathy pains with you. Let's hope 2019 is a way better year for us.

We went out for breakfast and did some shopping. I got in line at Bed, Bath and Beyond with one item and decided to leave it there; they had one cashier and a line of about 10 people in front of me. Never mind. Then we went to Lowes. Marty got a new pipe for one of our kitchen sinks and found some gunk in the pipe between the 2 sinks. He has no idea what it was but i've always had trouble with the right sink draining slow and soap bubbles would back up in it when I was doing dishes. Now it drains really well. Sweet.
I am doing laundry and we got a batch of candy cane cookies made. Marty helped me roll them out; his looks way nicer than mine. Tomorrow I'm baking sugar cookies.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, the Dyson I have at home is the handheld version (i.e., the one that you plug into the wall to charge but it's battery operated) so it's probably no in and danger of sucking too too much. Interesting though about that! I can't wait to see your new carpet. We had a patterned loop on the bedroom level of our townhouse and I really liked it.

Last night, after a big dinner and a big dishwwashing session, we finally went to bed. This morning I'm up early and Ready To Go Home... but alas... I must wait for others. Hopefully we'll be on the road by 9ish, which should put us home (right) before rush hour starts. C'mo people -- let's GO!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!!!

Dee Jay, I hope you made it home okay.
What was for dinner? I am sure trying to avoid the big dish washing session this year, I plan on getting some of those youngsters on that task.
We have the handheld Dyson too and really like it. My cleaning lady uses it on our wooden floors and it cleans them great and I've never seen a scratch mark from it. If it was scratching I wouldn't let her use it. She told me she has an older handheld Dyson at home and it did frizz the top of some Persian rugs they have so she uses a cheap Shark on them. I will test our new rug when we get it and if it seems to pull too hard, I'll pick up a cheap Shark as well.
I am rather anxious to get the new carpet. i think it will look nice I am waffling on spending the money right now for the hardwood floor in the den and hallway but at this point in time what's a few thousand more? :lol:

Poor Marty got up about 4 and I followed suit about 6:30. Our cleaning lady came today and Marty has been lifting all morning so I'm goofing off. I didn't leave butter out for my cookies so that will be an afternoon project once it gets soft.
Our stupid garage door wouldn't shut again and hopefully I tweaked it just right. Our garage faces west so if you have sunlight on the safety sensors the door won't close. I honestly don't recall having this many issues with it when we moved in 6 years ago so I dug out the owners manual and noticed it said to never install the receiving side where it's in direct sunlight. So Marty spent time reversing them and getting them aligned yesterday and they still won't close acting like there is something in the sensor's path. I read the owners manual again and went to see if the lights were solid or flickering and did find it flickering so I moved it until it was solid and the door closed then and when Marty came home. He said he tried the same thing yesterday. I guess if it's continued we will call in someone who does it for a living.

Have a great day.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of the carpet we are going to order
Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 11.51.52 AM.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, your carpet looks almost the same as the carpet we had in our townhouse! And I'm a total home renovation enabler... do the hardwood now! :devil:

The drive home was looooong... We had to stop FOUR times. ARGH. But we made it. TR came down and put my new thermostat in. I feel low-tech but at least I've got something that works! Today is our department party at work and the time keeps getting moved up. As of now I think we're leaving about 3 o'clock, LOL.

I talked to the developer who wants to buy our building and I told him that if this deal doesn't come together by January 31 I'm going on the open market. Frankly I don't care one way or another, I'm just ready to move on to my next project. I'm also not running for president again, no matter what. Someone else can take care of this fvcking building!

Whew!

#angrycondopresident

OK, off to see what I can do about scheduling training. In theory I should be DONE by December 31... in reality, I won't even START until after the first of the year...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thanks for being an enabler. I think they are coming tomorrow to measure everything then we'll get an estimate. I am leaning towards just getting it done.
Welcome back to a low tech thermostat but we know they work well. Ours is a programmable Honeywell and I just leave it on and don't mess with setting it up to change temperatures during the day or night. I like being warm. :lol:
I'd be the one in the car who wanted to stop all the time. I'd have to go in to juror mode and not drink water for a few days.
Sounds like you are out of there as well as vacating the president's position. Woo hoo!!! Of course you are ready for your next project. LOL to #angrycondopresident. That's perfect. I emailed the retirement home dates for our astronomy club next year; I figured it they said no dice I'd just tell the club - sorry we don't have a place for meetings. It didn't work out.
Good luck with training.

I slept in a bit today; I had to since I'm going back to work tomorrow. I washed our sheets today and did a few dishes but other than that I was lazy. A friend of mine who works from home came over about 11:30 and was her until 4 pm. We played cards, Marty went and picked up lunch for all of us and then we played more cards.

The garage repairman showed up this afternoon and replaced the sensors on the garage door and it works like a charm. Woo hoo! :appl:

Marty and his team had a conference call with his new boss this afternoon (at the company they are moving over to) and got some good news. They didn't use all the money they were funded through this quarter so they are all on vacation through the end of the year put getting paid anyway. This is pretty cool since any unused vacation will be paid out to them since they are switching companies. Sweet.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol:
48164876_2361943983838812_4454315612088303616_n.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, LOL on the message to Santa. He messed my request up too!

Yesterday we had our department party. I ate way too much... that last giant chocolate chip cookie totally did me in... UGH. TR came down and we pretty much went straight to bed, but then of course I couldn't sleep. This morning I got up a little early too. Today I need to finish one thing, and I think my two best girlfriends here in the office are going out for our holiday lunch on the company's dime, and then I may or may not decide to come in tomorrow. Almost done for the year kids!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, i thought the message to Santa was pretty funny. Darn that he messed it up for us.

Your department party sounds like fun and how can topping it off with a giant chocolate chip cookie be that bad? i hope you had fun going yo lunch with your best girlfriends from the office. That would be nice to be done with work for the year. Marty is lucky that way; sadly I'm not.

Any pictures yet?

I got to work early. When my boss walked by my desk I heard - we need to talk. My passive aggressive employee kind of got in to it with one of his employees. From what I can tell my employee didn't fill out a form correctly but his employee cried and whined about it rather than just asking her to correct the form. Then it escalated and everyone overreacted. You can't make this stuff up. I listened to my boss, then pulled my employee aside and of course she deflected and blah, blah, blah.

I worked on my employee appraisals most of the day and did absolutely nothing else. Ha!

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, no pics yet... I want to email and be like, hey, what's my ETA? But I don't want them to think I'm implying I need the thing for xmas, which I obviously don't. I just want to make sure it hasn't fallen on the floor somewhere and been forgotten about, LOL.

Yesterday lunch with the girls was great! And dinner with my best friend from law school and his partner was too. Eating, eating, eating... Dear Santa, Please bring bigger pants!

I still have to clean up the living room from us having drinks and opening presents over there. I also need to do a load of laundry and pack and... and... and... because when I leave here today I'll be gone until Jan. 4. In theory I should be up doing things NOW. But I am still on the couch drinking coffee and surfing PS!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I can't wait for Saturday now.
You did have a great day yesterday between lunch and dinner with friends. I went out to lunch today with another friend of mine. I'll have to figure out something to pack for tomorrow.
That's a long time to be away from home. I hope you have fun plans.

My day seemed to be skating from one crisis to another. Employee hassles, hassles between them and other co-workers and then I managed to upset Marty. I can't win. He wanted me to go shopping with him tonight to get our food for the family Christmas. I am like what? I thought you had it all planned. So then I start making a list and that wasn't what he wanted. I've apologized, but he still seems quiet. I reread our text. I don't know what else I can say. Must be the holiday jitters, eh? Of course there is always that joke about the woman who is going crazy thinking what did I do and the guy is thinking did I put the cap back on the oil can. :lol:

We put a deposit on our flooring tonight. Sounds like they'll do the hardwood floor on Jan. 7 & 8. Then the carpet. While we were there we looked at area rugs. We had some little throw rugs by the door at our old house we liked so we bought the larger area rugs and runner for here when we moved but are tired of them and some look better than others. I threw out the runner this week. The one we kind of liked was kind of a Berber with multi colors. We liked some with leaves on it but that is what we have now and the leaved were a little recessed and stitched so a klutz like me might stub their toe and do a face plant. Not a good call.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I'm not leaving the house tomorrow even if it's on fire lest I miss the delivery man!!! And I'm glad you're getting the flooring done all at the same time. It will be much less hassle in the end than doing it separately.

The kids are off at school, TR is off at work, and I'm motivating to get out of bed. Today I'll have lunch with a friend and probably brave a short trip to a nearby mall. I'd also like to get the back of my hair trimmed -- but just the back because of the growing out process for my bob. Not sure if that's really going to happen though. Tonight or tomorrow the little one and I are backing sugar cookies. And I need to wrap some of TR's gifts for the kids. He might take them to a movie tomorrow night so I can do that.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!
I hope the delivery man comes early tomorrow and then I'll expect pictures and videos. :appl:
We aren't having our 2 guest bedrooms get new carpet but I am excited with what we are getting. Marty talked to them about the area rugs we picked today and he is giving us roughly 70% off. Marty brought one their store sample and picture is below. I like how much brighter it is than what we have now.
Have fun baking cookies with the kids and wrapping presents. Hurry up Saturday morning though.

i am starting my 4 day vacation now. I am counting it as 4 1/2 days since I won't return to work until Wednesday morning. I didn't sleep well last night practicing my "speech" to my employee and guess who called in sick today? She is losing 2 days of holiday pay too because our company won't pay you holiday pay if you call in sick the day before or after a holiday. Oh well.

I did get my employee appraisals kicked back for a few changes and submitted them again. We got off work 2 hours early. I came home and did dishes, opened the bar and we ordered in pizza for supper. We rented Incredibles 2 tonight. It was good.

Here are 2 pictures of our sample area rug. The one for the living room will be a bit smaller than the one we have. The entry way rug will be a few inches shorter. The hallway picture has the den to the right and that room will be hardwood and the hallway goes to the right which is currently carpet but will be hardwood. I tested our Dyson on it while it was here; it seemed to work fine.

Take care.
Curby
IMG_4115.jpg IMG_5799.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I am camped out at the dining room table where I have a view of the full circle driveway waiting... waiting... waiting! As of 8:18 this morning it was out for delivery! I do like the new lighter rugs a lot. I think the right run can really make a space!

Last night TR and I made a quick whip through the mall and Best Buy. Everything on the kids' lists costs real money but is tiny (I mean, video games are smaller than a CD!) so while there was lots of dollars spent the volume of stuff under the tree won't be huge. Things are different now than when were kids. I mean, I don't know how much the Barbie Dream House cost, but it was HUGE, hahahahaha!

I'm going to try to distract myself by starting on the cow lady's accounting while I sit here. Nothing like debits and credits to take you mind right off something else, LOL.

(Dee taps foot in impatience... !!!)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, wouldn't it be nice if they provided the gps tracker of the FedEx truck on your tracking order? :lol: Hurry, hurry, hurry!
I agree a rug can sure make a space. I am pretty excited to get the new flooring.
Too funny about the Barbie dream house; I am sure they were way cheaper than a video game and took up a lot more real estate. Or one of those kids ovens where you could bake real but tiny cakes. It sounds like the boys will make a haul though. How did the cookies turn out?
Good old debits and credits can take your mind off that precious bling on it's way to you.

I slept until 7:30. it was great. And I slept all night. Sweet. i need to get out my Christmas table cloth and 11 place settings for tomorrow. Three more are showing up after lunch but it's a light crowd compared to normal. We are going out for lunch and doing a few errands this morning. We had 3 inches of snow last night but it's sunny now.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, let me just say that delivery guy was welcomed with open arms yesterday! I'll work on some better pics today and see if I can do a better job of capturing the real color.

Last night TR took the kids to the movies and I wrapped the presents from him and from Santa. I like a nice leisurely wrapping with a glass of prosecco and some xmas music, but last night was all business because there were a bunch of things and I had to remember which paper was from TR and which paper went on Santa's gifts. Plus. I had to use different handwriting on the tags depending on who it came from. It was very stressful! I don't want to be the one to blow Santa for a kid, LOL.

Today I'll give the kids their presents from me and they'll go home after dinner. Then early tomorrow I head out east. The cookies never did get baked...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Xmas eve kids!

Curby, how was lunch yesterday?

Gave the children their gifts from me yesterday and I think they were a hit! That’s a relief; I don’t want to be known as dad’s stupid girlfriend who buys lousy gifts. :cheeky:

At the airport now waiting to go east. #2 texted me last night to ask how much luggage I was bringing because the big box I shipped ahead is taking up all the room in the back of the car. Uhhhhh... that big box is full of sh!t FOR YOU #2!!! How dare I send a big box full of gifts?! What on earth was I thinking... ?! (What happened to the snarky eye-roll emoji that we used to have? Pretend I inserted it here!)

I could either do some more of the cow lady’s accounting or read a book on the plane. Hmmm... choices! I might also go in search of some lotion now that I’m through security. As you can see, excitement abounds here at O’Hare!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Merry Christmas Eve.

Dee Jay, I bet you rushed out to great the delivery man. I will watch for more pictures. Good plan to stay alert when wrapping those important Christmas gifts. Although a mismatched tag could be interesting, eh? I am glad TR's kids liked your gifts; I think you rate high on everyone's gift giver list. You give thoughtful gifts. i hope you and your luggage fit in the car; yes the snarky eye roll emoji would be good there.

Our lunch went great yesterday. We were teasing Marty we wanted the combo plate and everything was delicious. No one went home hungry that is for sure. Eleven of us ate lunch then 3 more showed up about 1:30. Our gift exchange was fun; the blanket with a big bag of chocolates was the most popular gift and got stolen several times. I bought a few gift cards to get to whoever brought the most popular gift and for the person who had their gift stolen the most.

I used the swifter last night on the hardwood floors and got out the Dyson this morning for the rugs. Dishes are all done and put away. Today I am going to be lazy and read. There are still a few cookies to nibble on and some cashews got left behind to snack on as well. I might got for an orange though.

Take care.
Curby

The table before everyone got here.
IMG_8501.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merry Christmas Kids!
gerxmas_0001.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy day after Xmas kids!

Curby, your table looks beautiful and it sounds like everyone had a marvelous time! I would be stealing that blanket right now too... because there’s no heat here. When we arrived on Monday it was 49 in the house. We called for service and it turns out the oil tank had completely run out (they heat houses with individual oil tanks here). My friend can’t figure out how that happened because she got a delivery not that long ago, but anyway, they pored in what they had (abt 15 gallons) and said a truck would come by to fill it tomorrow (I.e., yesterday). Since the access to fill the tank is outside we figured they’d do it even if we weren’t here since they don’t have to access the house. Wrong! We got home to a note that said Sorry We Missed You... It was still warm then but apparently we ran dry again in the night. I remember waking up a one point and thinking, Baby It’s Cold Inside! So now I’m sitting on the couch with a big cup of hot coffee waiting for #2 to get up so she can call again. Brrrrt...!

We did gifts yesterday, including with her dog, who made quite a haul! Then we headed to a friend’a house for dinner — homemade lasagne! :lickout: There was (of course) much good wine involved too! It wasn’t late when we got home but I went to bed early. All that eating and drinking and doing nothing wore me right out!

Who knows what today will bring... but first: HEAT PLEASE!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, the new pictures you posted of your ring are fabulous. It's a stunning ring.
Oh no for it being so cold there. I hope you get heating oil tomorrow. Stay warm! I went through a long weekend during a blizzard without heat while Marty was in Hong Kong - not fun.
I am glad you enjoyed your homemade lasagna dinner. I sent our second pan of lasagna home with my nephew and his family - they have 4 teenagers so I knew they would polish it off in no time. Today I wished I'd kept a serving or two for my lunch.
It's funny you mentioned all the eating and drinking plus doing nothing wears you out. Marty and I have been exhausted and everyone at work said the same thing. I have to start moving things out of our bedroom, off the floor or bottom racks in our closet and out of the den. I figure one or two trips at a time will make it easy.

The forecast predicted freezing drizzle followed by 3-5 inches of snow. As usual, the forecast fell short of their guess. It's cold as crud but none of the white stuff accumulated on the ground.

Work was challenging today just to get back in to a routine plus not have cookies, snacks or nuts easily accessible. I had my work done by about 3 today and didn't do much after that. At least it's a short week.

They had 4 snow machiners lost in the mountains here since Sunday. A helicopter found them yesterday afternoon but couldn't land there. Rescuers got to them today and they had to use snow shoes to get out to some snow machines but they made it out safely. The location they found them was pretty heavily forested so I think they got in to really deep and soft snow. Lucky we aren't have the subzero temperature we usually have this time of year. My nephew just spent a night out up there because he got stuck and couldn't get out. No one knew he was missing either. Scary for all of them.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

(I confess I had to look at my phone to see what day of the week it is to write that! :lol: )

Curby, that's so scary about the snow machiners, and especially about your nephew! When my friends go skiing they always have those GPS beacon things, but I still worry about them. Nature is a brutal place!

Yesterday the guy came to refill the oil tank really early, but he is not the guy that also actually turns the heating system back ON, so we had to wait a few more hours for the second person to show up. Fortunately he came earlier than expected so by the time my friend got back from doing something in the morning we had hot water and the place was starting to heat up again too.

We went into a super cute town and had a long boozy lunch with the same friend we spent xmas with. Wednesdays are half price wine days -- ole! :cheeky: Then we shopped around a bit and I actually got a gift at William Sonoma for someone for next year. Fortunately it's small and I should have no problem packing it on the way home.

Now I'm sitting here on the couch drinking coffee and websurfing while my friend is off running an errand. We're going to do some more shopping today because she needs holiday decoration type stuff for her house up here, and what better time to buy things like that than when they are on sale?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, did you wear your ring on your trip? I am glad you have heat again. Your boozy lunch and shopping sounds like a great way to spend the day. I am a fan of William Sonoma. Starting your shopping for next year already? I like it.
Good idea to have GPS trackers; nature can be brutal. I guess where those 4 guys went is to forested and high they'll probably never get their snow mobiles back.

I definitely didn't want to be at work today but I survived. It was 12 degrees on my way home and I am sure the wind chill has it below zero. Tomorrow will be even colder. One more day to go though. Sweet.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, I did bring Sunny on the trip and I've been wearing it quite a bit! I also brought Uni, and I wore both of them on Xmas day, but usually I only sport one at a time because, well, that's a lot of bling if you're just going to Home Goods to buy half priced holiday decorations and then out for happy hour tacos! :lol:

Yesterday that's exactly what we did -- Home Goods and tacos. I found two rugs that I really love and they are CHEAP (in the whole grand scheme of rugs). I'm pre-decorating my next fantasy place, LOL. I have a floor plan all picked out and I know the building I want to be in. This morning I went on line and the unit had a price drop of $35K. I'm so tempted to just buy the thing, even though my other unit isn't even on the market yet. I'd love to do a cash deal on this though, and I need the $$$ from my other unit for that. Otherwise I've got to hassle with a mortgage, and who needs that if it can be avoided. The unit is also for rent and I could just sign a one year lease to make sure I actually want to live there before signing such a big check for a quasi-permanent situation. Oh the crazy things that go through my head, LOL!

It's raining here today and dreary, but warm-ish. We may make a trip to Costco and possibly go back to Home Goods. Trying hard to contain the excitement! :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Finally it's the weekend again.

Dee Jay, I am glad you are enjoying your pretty new rings on your trip. Nice that you found some rugs you like and that are cheap in the scheme of rugs. Decisions, decisions on a new place. Renting it for year makes sense but then again you probably wouldn't have trouble selling your other place. After all it's been in commercials and on a TV show plus the owner is a great realtor. It's a win win.
I am glad one of us had warm weather today. It wasn't me. It felt like -15 when I left for work this morning. I dug out my serious thermal underwear to wear today - I haven't had that many layers on since the last star party we had in the mountains. I was toasty warm at work though. It left like +2 when I went out to lunch.
i want to take down the Christmas decorations tomorrow - one of us living her seems cranky tonight though and it's not me. :lol:

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy sleepy Saturday kids!

Curby, isn't it the worst when "one" of the people in the house is cranky? When that happens I just drink until the crankiness of that other person passes. it works for me!

Yesterday #2 and I went to a nearby mall because it was a rainy dreary day. I scored a big (kind giant, LOL) black leather purse at Anthropologie on sale that someone had returned (don't tell the cow bag lady -- she thinks I should only carry her bags!) and I also got some xmas cards half off at Hallmark for next year. Then we took a swing through another Home Goods, but it wasn't as good as the one the other day. And we ended our rainy outing with pedis. It turned super foggy so we went to dinner at the closest place to the house. It was OK. And we ended the night by watching Bird Box, which I thought was pretty grim. I didn't put my earplugs in because if IT was coming to get us I wanted to be able to hear it coming. Well the only thing I heard was the heating system... All. Night. Long. Gurgle gurgle gurgle. UGH. Now I'm camped out on the couch drinking coffee and trying to wake up while #2 and the dog are out for a walk. I'm going to need a NAP today!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Sunday.

Dee Jay, good plan to drink when another person is cranky. Either they get over it or you drink enough you no longer care. :lol:
Shopping sounds like a great way to spend a rainy day. Nice that you scored a deal on a new purse. I dug out my Coach Snoopy tote bag today. It has so few pockets I usually put it away in a few days but I have to use it occasionally, right? It still looks brand new.
I always hit the Hallmark after Christmas sale when I used regular Christmas cards and had to wrap a ton of gifts. I have so much gift wrap right now I probably can't use it all before I die. It is whittling down every year though.
I have heard multiple comments about the Bird Box - sounds grim and scary. I am glad we don't have Netflix so I won't be tempted to watch it.

Marty stayed up way late again so I got up earlier than he did. I started taking down our Christmas decorations so once he had breakfast we finished taking everything down and packing them up until next year. I also moved a few things to the back bedroom for our upcoming flooring installation. i threw out a bag of clothes and about 10 teddy bears - oh the humanity. They were bears people bought me that I didn't think were very cute and I had them on a shelf in the den. That way I can buy some new teddy bears, right? On Tuesday I need to clean the book case and desk in the den; Marty will take care of the electronics in there. Then on to the closet; I'll have to move shoes, pants and a huge tub of hats and mittens. Once we get our furniture I'll move my hats and mittens to my dresser. Sweet. In our bed room I have only a few things to clean out or move. Who's idea was this?

I dug out my yellow sapphire ring to wear; your new ring inspired me.

Have a great day.
Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results