carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, the Bat Cape. :lol: i can see you storming around in that. That's awesome. I had some glitter ball antenna on that were on springs and I was ticked off about something. So I'm in my boss's office ranting about it and I could see those antenna flipping around the whole time I'm talking. All he did was stare at them; I am sure he didn't hear a word I said. :D Good times, eh?
Darn that you didn't catch up with the cow bag lady but good deal you got through your giant pile of stuff. I am proud to say I worked on some of my stuff today too. We are awesome.
I sometimes think the more settings I look at; the more indecisive I get. I am so anxious to see your finished piece.
I hope all of you survive the weekend at TR's.
So is the child who got up early young? I think once they hit the teen years they can sleep forever. My sister once told me while watching her daughter running around (and around and around) that is why we don't have energy as we get older we use it all up as kids.
Woo hoo you got your beauty shipped off; hurry up CAD images.

i still have not found my diamond pendant. Darn.
I made a huge grocery list and was in the store for probably 90 minutes today. I wasn't using my list and had to keep backtracking. I picked up lots of the seasonal baking supplies. Only to find out the one thing I didn't get is the only thing I'm really low on. I had one bag of powdered sugar out of date but everything else is good through at least 2020.
I got some carnations and ran them out to the cemetery. My parents are in the veteran section and someone had put U.S. flags on all the graves; it looked great. Since the wind was full force all the flags with flying at attention.
I had chicken for lunch and some popcorn for supper. Now I have an awful gut ache. Bad food choices today. :wall:
i ordered our photo Christmas card today and cleaned out 2 drawers in my stickeverythinginthere room. i didn't even make a dent. I still have 3 more drawers, a desk with drawers, 2 craft bins with about 8 drawers each and let's not even think about what's in that closet.
Marty went for a long walk along the beach today and kept sending me pictures. It's really smoky there.
Snow is moving in tonight.
BTW I found a note from FedEx on my door yesterday; if one of our bears or rabbits had just answered the door and signed for my pendant I'd already have my new pendant.

Take care.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-ever since my nieces and nephews were young, they’ve been good sleepers! I have always had to wake them up, and I let them sleep until noon. Aunts are allowed to let them sleep in and have chips & cheese for breakfast. Funny about the bat cape! My work Snuggie is known as the wizard robe. I think picking a setting is a nightmare for me. I want whatever I get to be completely done, and my only decision was to buy it!

Marcy-I hoped you had found your pendant. Darn! We will most likely be heading home to KY tomorrow, so I will stop by the cemetery. The American Legion usually places flags on the graves of veterans. I’ve been thinking about my dad a lot lately. I sure miss him! Lily doesn’t answer the door either for the FedEx guy. That would be a big help! I bet you’re anxious to get your sparkly!

It never got above 29 today, which is way too cold in my book. I stayed wrapped in a blanket by the fire all day. We went out for dinner and then right back home, in front of the fire. I did really well with the nutrition thing this week. The main thing on this plan is to eat slowly, take small bites, thoroughly chew, taste your food and stop when you’re comfortably full. When we were working on the project, we had to cram lunch in between meetings in about a 10 minute period. We always worked late, so dinner was something fast. I developed terrible habits there! I have been eating very slowly and I do get full before I eat everything on my plate so I’m eating less. A big accomplishment for me this week is that I haven’t snacked, at all! I haven’t even wanted to, which is mind boggling for me.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, that's a great theory about why we don't have energy as adults! The kids are 9 and 11. The 9 year old gets up with the sun (just like his dad). The 11 year old sleeps a leeeeetle later... but not much. And LOL on the glittery antenna. I'm tempted to get some!

Deegee, I can only hope these children sleep later when they become teenagers. And good for you for not snacking! If that happened to me someone should call the coroner because I'm clearly DEAD. :cheeky:

Yesterday had its ups and its downs. The children had ONE VERY MAJOR FIGHT early on that reduced the younger child to the kind of crying where his face was beet red and he was taking in air but no sound was coming out. The older one was screaming At The Top Of Hi Lungs. I had to intervene. It wasn't pretty. They also had a more minor fight later one but when I went storming in there (and where was that damn Bat Cape then?!) they stopped immediately. I had a meltdown at TR when he came home. And then we had a tiff. Super. Eight More Years Of This. I'm either going to end up in custody thanks to DCFS or in my own private suite at Betty Ford.

Today I am going to the gym and then I've got a bunch of stuff to return. I did yesterday get a lot of gifts ordered online. I figured if I was trapped here in the house I might as well spend money. If I were smarter I would have used TR's credit card as payment for babysitting!

OK, off to do something fabulous...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Snowy Sunday!

Deegee, I so agree with you on spoiling our nieces and nephews. I had fun teaching mine a few Marcy tricks plus spoiling them. I like your Wizard Robe; I picture you being sought for wisdom when you are wearing it. Oh wise Dee. Good idea to try and stop by the cemetery; that's great to hear someone puts flags out on veterans graves there too. I really like that someone does that. It is a very nice tribute. I am sorry you miss your dad; I am there with you. This time of year is hard. We will have to work on training our pets - real and imaginary - to sign for our packages. It would be so convenient. Glad to hear you are staying warm by the fire. Your nutrition plan sounds like it is working great for you. I am trying to cut back on snacks and eat more protein. Eating slow is a sound idea. Good luck with that! Stay warm.

Dee Jay, you should definitely get some glittery antenna. These particular ones really moved around too. Maybe when TR's kids get older they'll sleep in; but I never did as kid. I didn't have a bed time and usually got up as soon as anyone else got out of bed. Except for my drinking days when I learned to sleep in to kind of recover. You earned some serious bonus points yesterday for breaking up the kid's fight. That doesn't sound like any fun at all. Sorry you had a rough day. I think it's a good idea to do some therapy shopping. It calms the nerves. I hope today went better between the gym and shopping returns.

I have exceeded my expectations for the day. I finished my book, have the last batch of laundry in the dryer, made soup and cookies plus wrote my annual Christmas poem. Sometimes that thing is a struggle; other times it is easy to write. I was making my own Christmas letterhead and stitched together a border with strips from pictures of our Christmas tree. It was taking forever to print to see how it looked and so I checked the file size; it was almost 120 MB for the page without anything else on it. I picked some nice clip art to use instead.

We had about 3 inches of snow; maybe a bit more.
Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I'm impressed you are done with your x-mas poem already! I got some more cards the other day so now I have... oh... about a million! Now the trick is actually FINDING them when it comes time to smack on the address labels, LOL.

Yesterday TR headed out to an auction and I was home with the children until about 1:00, and then I took them over to their mother's. Instead of going to the gym I did a workout video at home and when I left the house I was still unshowered and in my yoga pants. After offloading the kids it occurred to me that going back and taking a shower would add well over an hour to my shopping/returning adventure so I just went from there. What a mess I was... but yet the stores were all willing to take my money... ? Funny how that works! :cheeky: This morning's drive in was a breeze due to the holiday. Even though I left about half an hour later than I normally do I still got to work early. And today I am Going To Get Some Sh!t Done!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, don't you hate that when you buy something and don't remember where you put it? I am a classic at putting things somewhere safe and then run across them when I'm looking for something else and say to myself; oh that's where I put that. It's sad when the mind goes. I am sure the stores were more than happy to take your money regardless of how you looked or were dressed. They may have giggled when you left though. Just kidding.
One of our grocery stores has got to have a video of me they show at the holiday parties. I had a split in my cornea from hard contacts so I was wearing my coke bottle bottom glasses and couldn't see past the nose on my face. The store was remodeling and was replacing a broken tile so I stepped in that spot that had glue in it and my shoe was stuck. I had to untie my shoe, pull my foot out and then pull my shoe out of the glue, then put my shoe back on it. The best part is I now had glue on my shoe so every other step resulted in my shoe being stuck to the floor you could hear it unsticking with each step. I was crying I was laughing so hard. I am sure the video is "look at this idiot".
Good deal for a quick and easy drive this morning back to town.
I hope you get a lot done today. I plan on writing a nice long letter to a friend from grade school. Her birthday was November 3rd and I still haven't sent her card but better late than never.

Not much going on with me. I stayed up late knowing I could sleep in, sadly 2 employees and a friend of mine sent me texts bright and early. I figured I may as well get up. The cleaning lady is here right now. I guess I'll take Wednesday off since Marty's iPad and Apple pencil will be arriving that day. I think I'll put everything together and let my bears play with it. Ha! Another classic picture to post on FB. We had more snow and it's very cold here but it's sunny. I may even venture out somewhere for lunch.

Have a great day!
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not over the moon happy with my pendant but it is pretty. Being a blue sapphire you know how well they photograph (not). it does have a window for sure. My house has horrible lighting so I'll see what i think out and about in the world tomorrow.

pendant.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I think the color is great! But if you're not happy with the cut... well then... you know the drill. That's the problem we (PSers) have now, we know good from bad! The design is really pretty though. I'm a sucker for swirly things!

Last night I went back to TR's since the traffic was so light thanks to the holiday. We had steak and salad for dinner and went to be early. The excitement abounds, as you can see! :lol: This morning I took the time to dig around in the closet and find gloves. It's cold here all the sudden!

I'm supposed to go to a conference this afternoon but looking over the agenda again there aren't a lot of things on there I really care about so I think I'm going to skip it. Then I have to take my problem client to a walk through at here new place to make sure the things the seller agreed to repair have been done. I pray to god the items are all OK because she is SUCH a pain in the a$$ I'm sure she'd push back the closing, which she threatens to do about every five minutes anyway. I'll be glad to get this one off my plate!

TR is supposed to come down tonight, which will give me a chance to assess the packing situation for Phoenix because we leave on Friday. I really only need a bunch of casual clothes, except for one nice-ish outfit for Thanksgiving dinner, but I tend to do a lot of shopping there so I want to make sure I leave enough room for extra stuff to make the trip back with me!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am keeping my pendant. It acts and photographs like all blue sapphires, great in some light; not so much in others. I will wear it a few times a month. The beauty of it all is if I ever decide I don't like it; I have a nice down payment on something else. Sweet.
Nice you headed back to TR's since the traffic was light. Our cold moved your way. We are going to be near 50 until Saturday sometime then more snow is in the forecast. Boo.
Good plan to pass on the meeting. I love skipping meetings. I find them so boring and useless most of the time. My boss and his boss are total control freaks so they often take over anyway.
I hope your PITA client finds no issues on the walk through and you can get them to closing. I don't know if you remember how awful our realtor was for this house but my cleaning lady was telling me yesterday she used to clean houses for her before closings and thee lady wouldn't pay her. She said it would take her months and constant phone calls to get a check from her and then she'd do things like deduct this and that for things she missed. She's such a charmer.
Darn I wish we were heading to Phoenix. That way we could meet for lunch or dinner and make sure Marty doesn't hit a car in some parking lot in California that day. We'll be there in July. Yes, you read that right. July. Glad I'm an indoors person. :lol:

Work has hectic mostly from cleaning up on things from yesterday. Then I found 2 of my employees (most likely all of them) were using some shortcut that leads to missing things. I reminded them of procedures and they all looked at me like I had 3 heads.

Marty's Apple shipment was changed from delivery tomorrow to today so when I saw it was still out for delivery at about 4:45 I left work early. The Apple stuff has landed so I will go to work tomorrow. Yay and boo!

I couldn't see myself cooking tonight so ordered a pizza. Mm canadian bacon and pineapple.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, the walk through went OK, but I'm sure the trauma/drama with this one isn't over. After the closing I'm tempted to block her number from my phone, ha ha.

Last night we went to dinner at a local place and I had a big burger and fries and then went to bed. Ugh. Not a good idea. This morning after TR left I went back to sleep for an hour or so, but then he texted me to tell me that he received a reply on FB to a message he sent for me last week. When we were in Italy my girlfriend fell in love with some ceramic fish candle holders. We had no way to get them home but I tracked the place down to see if they could ship them to me. Hopefully this will all get done somehow... they don't seem very one the ball since it took a week to reply to TR's message, but I'm really hoping... She would be so surprised to get them for X-mas!

Today I have BBBS, then I'm going up to see the cow bag lady. At least I remembered to pack other casual clothes with me that I can just throw in the washer because otherwise I come home from there looking like I lost a fight with a white cat!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!
Dee Jay, I am glad the walk through went okay. Sadly, I think you are right; some people can't let the drama go. That is pretty fun thinking of blocking her phone number after closing. I like how you think.
I hope it works out you can get those candle holders. That would be a wonderful surprise for Christmas.
How was BBBS today? Did you go do anything fun? Too funny about taking casual clothes to visit the cow bad lady. We had friends with 2 dogs and a long hair cat and we take off our clothes as we walk in the door and drop them in the washer. My allergies usually kick up within 2 hours of being in their house. Joy.

I got the Tiffany Christmas catalog today. Did you get yours? I didn't see anything I couldn't live without. Darn. I tried.
I am definitely warming up to my sapphire pendant. It looks fabulous in different light and different angles; no different than my sapphire rings. Now I'll have to figure out when I can buy a bracelet. I do have a YG sapphire bracelet but i don't have one in WG.
Marty was going out with the guys from work today to do indoor sky diving (using a tube and a fan?), then dinner and a comedy club. We checked the weight limits for that sky diving and he thought he'd be too heavy so I was surprised when he said he was going to do it. i am sure they check people pretty carefully for something like that. I haven't heard he broke his face or any extremities. All of his muscles weigh a lot. :lol:
Speaking of those dramatic people; I was annoying my negative Nelly right before we went home. I had to add some things to one of our applications and I waited until I saw everyone was logged out then started my updates. She forgot to do something so logged back in and every time I hit save our app kept freezing on her and changing what template she was using. She's not great at trouble shooting and was getting really frustrated so finally came out and told me what was happening. I only had about 2 more changes to make so I told her to log off and log on again. I was done by the time she did that. I was totally amused. A bonus.
The weather was decent here today; in the 50's. Saturday could be our first serious winter storm though. Boo.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is out of focus but shows the pendant does look blue and sparkly.
necklace.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, do you mean the Tiffany Blue Book or the regular catalog? I get the blue book every year when I'm in Phoenix (well almost every year, a few years they come out a little later) and it's truly a bling fest. Lunch at the Kona Grill (while Marty is off hitting someone's rental car in California! :lol: ) and two big glasses of wine while we lust through the pages -- that will be our plan for next time!

My problem client is CLOSED! I was so tempted to take my commission check and RUN out the door but I somehow managed to be just a little nicer than that and dropped her off at the new place on my way to my office to do the paperwork. Then I came up to TR's which took an ungodly amount of time because of some horrible slowdown on the highway in the city, but what else is new.

I'm waiting for some more options like the ones I sent you last night Curby, and I'll forward them to you once they come in. He said "today" but sometimes today doesn't really mean TODAY. LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! It's almost Friday. :appl: Plus Mr Marty is coming home tonight. I told him the bears and rabbits are getting antsy for him to get home. He said they just want the new iPad set up.

Work seemed to take all day today. Bummer. I met a friend for lunch and need alka seltzer from something I ate. Then I felt okay. Strange.
I had a Marcy McMuffin for supper; quick, easy and filing.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I missed your post. i got the Tiffany Blue book. Lunch and wine sounds great. I am sure we will head there for Thanksgiving soon.
Woo hoo that your problem client closed. That was nice of you to drop her off.
Sorry the drive to TR's was slow.
I'll watch for your pictures.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday, Kids!

What a long day at work. At least 3 of us were on our boss's pooh list. I sure contributed. Being the angry, judgmental person they are though they shut the door and pouted all day. How do these type of people make it in to management? I'll never know. Other than that it was just a busy day preparing for the 3 day week next week.

We had our astronomy club meeting tonight. A guy gave a talk on Winter Galaxies; always a fun topic. A few of us went out afterwards and I ordered breakfast. Now i am too full to go to bed. Bummer.

The snow has started. White stuff everywhere.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, your weather has traveled to the Midwest — apparently we’ve got snow at home. Of course the days here are 75 and sunny... !

Yesterday we went to Tombstone and saw the famous graveyard and the OK Coral (?) and all things cowboy. So now TR gets to cross that off his bucket list! Today we going north toward Flagstaff and Sedona. I’ll be touristed out by the time he leaves on Tuesday! That will leave me all day Wed and the early part of Friday (before I leave) to do some shopping!

I got three more options for my little project. Two of them weren’t even the same shape (?) and the last set was the worst of the lot so I said to pick the ones that have the best performance from the first batch and call it a day.

Ok, off to launch myself into the day! Breakfast is included with our room and there are DONUTS on that buffet! :lickout:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, at least you aren't dealing with the cold and snow at home. Nice! That's nice to take TR around seeing the sights. You will have fun shopping later this week.
Sounds like your new options weren't worth considering. If he is picking the best performers I am betting he goes with the first picture you sent but it's always hard to tell from one still picture. I got Marty's Apple Pencil up and running with my iPad so was ready to do some drawing - not that I'd show you because I cannot draw but it's always good for a laugh.
Nice to have breakfast included with your room. Mm donuts.

I am washing everything for our new mattress tomorrow. I put the sheets back on we were using but the blanket now is a flannel sheet. I have no idea how the heated mattress pad will come out. I is probably too big and heavy for our washing machine and will probably take forever to dry. Then I need to wash our flannel sheet set and blanket.

Both of us slept in until after 7 and I sat in our dressing room closet and read news on my iPad so I didn't get out to the living room until 8:30. Marty usually eats as soon as he gets up and he was waiting for me to get dressed so we could go out to breakfast. Oops. I ate part of a waffle so I'm hungry already. Bummer.

Marty is going to move the night stands and bed today to vacuum around and under everything. I cleaned out the drawers under the bed and had Marty cut some liners the drawers. I'd been using trash bags but decided since i still had a roll of drawer and shelf liners we may as well use it.

Have a fabulous day.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9F5A1DAB-6BE6-4CD5-9CA2-63824A2B87AA.jpeg

Happy Monday kids!

Curby, I hope you love your new mattress! I’m glad the one I’m sleeping in here at the Hilton is good because a week of vacation with a sore back is a long time!

Yesterday we went to Sedona... and then to Flagstaff.... and while we were eating lunch in Flag TR said, “yanno, the Grand Canyon is Judy right over there...” So we decided to go! Believe it or not I’ve never been, and he went when he was abt 5 or 6. We got there late in the afternoon so we couldn’t stay long, but we did drive around a look at it from a couple of different perspectives.

Today we’re going to Taliesan West and also wander around old Scottsdale. I’m exhausted from all this relaxation!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, great picture of you guys in front of the Grand Canyon and moon.
That's good you have a good mattress. Our new one seems nice but it's definitely a challenge for me to get on the bed. Oh oh. I'll give it a shot for a few days.
I hope you enjoyed the sights again today.

I had a busy day at work. Kind of felt funny about 4; I had some tums then ate an English Muffin for supper.

Take care.
Curby too short for tall mattress :wavey:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, TR’s bed is so high I practically have to pole vault onto the damn thing! Just be careful, especially if you get up to pee in the middle of the night because it can be a looooong way down when you’re half awake!

I’m sitting at the outside bar of the place where we had lunch. I figure almost 5 hours of shopping, including one awesome winter coat from H&M on sale for $30.99, deserved a little good and a glass of prosecco! I have to go back to J. Jill and get a pair of pants that I tried on first thing but didn’t buy (?) and then I’m going to shop my way back to the hotel on Camelback.

What are you doing tomorrow? Who’s cooking?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Thanksgiving Eve :wavey:

Dee Jay, who's idea was it for super tall beds? Obviously someone who was over 6 feet tall. Marty hasn't made me a step yet; I swear it darn it kills me off getting in bed. I totally get what you mean about getting out of bed in the middle of the night. I have that problem too many times myself.

I definitely agree you needed a glass of prosecco after all that shopping and decision making. That's a great deal on an awesome winter coat.

We are having dinner with friends tomorrow. They cook the Anthony Bourdain recipes and Marty has always wanted to try the stuffing; it has all sorts of seasonings and sausage. I kind of feel bad not going to my nephew's but it will be something different. I made chocolate chip cheesecake and Marty is making fruit compote for the top. I just irritated him; I asked him to use a larger pan because it boils over on him and what a sticky mess to clean up. I was getting fruit syrup off the stove for weeks.

Enjoy dinner with your friends tomorrow.

We went out for supper last night then went grocery shopping. Marty worked out this afternoon then we went to the mall.

I have to report for jury duty on Monday. Joy.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thanksgiving! :wavey:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Black Friday kids!

Curby, I hope you had a marvelous turkey day! All I can say is it’s a good thing I wore pants with an elastic waiste, haha! We did go for a long walk before hand though, and we walked to and from the restaurant (my phone says a little over 9 miles for the day) so that was at least something...

My goal here is to be up, organized/packed and at the mall when Dillards opens and 8. There is a long sweater vest that I saw the other day and the more I think abt it the more I believe it will be a nice gift for a bunch of people on my list. If the shopping gods smile on me it will also be included in some sort of sale! I’m not really looking for anything else beyond that. Are you on the hunt for anything today?

My flight is not until 4:30 so I guess I will just hang out and be warm for a few hours if I have time after the shopping.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Black Friday blew in with a force here; we had a wind gust of 73 recorded so far today.

Dee Jay, we did have a great turkey day. It sounds like you had a great dinner as well. Walking that far certainly counts for something.

Did you get the sweater vests you wanted at Dillards? It's always nice to find what you want for people. I am debating what to get my employees. I usually get them a $50 Visa card but it's so unimaginative. I have a lady that doesn't work for me but does one or two of our tast everyday so I think I should get her something too.

Have a safe trip home.

We played cards last night and got home about 10. It was fun. My friend and her sister were pretty tired from cooking all day. The one sister has 2 daughters; 4 and 2 years old. My friend's kids are older so her 10 year old was playing with the 4 year old and wanted to get her to come play a game with her and the 4 year old says "Lame". I was on the floor.

I've been doing some Black Friday shopping online today. I sent my aunt and uncle some truffles for Christmas, bought a $100 gift card for some friends at a local restaurant and we'll get $50 to spend there in January so that is a nice return on that investment. I'm off to check Lenox next on some Christmas glasses that match my Christmas china from them.

We just ordered some pizza for a late lunch and we are watching the Tiger / Phil golf match on PPV. I brought home 2 pieces of cheesecake so we'll have that for dessert. I was going to start Christmas cookies this weekend but I have a split in my thumb from dry sky so hate to handle any cookie dough. There isn't a cookie I bake for Christmas that is a complete drop cookie or I could at least make those.

We spent about an hour today selecting Marty's benefits for 2019. He will be officially moving over to that other company. He at least got a job offer from them that he had to sign, scan and email to them. The tax forms are hosed up in there that have him as a Georgia resident so they'd take out state taxes unless he gets that fixed. The new company pays twice a month; I'll miss those 2 extra checks a year. I still will get them but I don't make enough money to get much benefit from that.

Any images on your project yet?

Curby holy cow it's windy out there!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I did the vests, and they were half off the already reduced price! $17 for a $59.99 item. Happy! I also picked up a few other things along the way, but I had to be conscious of the need to fit it all in my luggage! I do understand what you're saying about the gift cards seeming unimaginative, but it can be hard to think of actual things to get people. No further progress on my project, which is disappointing. Last time it was like Bam Bam Bam -- DONE. This time it's been a week since I approved the sides and... crickets. To be fair though, Thanksgiving did happen in there. I'll give it until mid-next week and then reach out if I haven't heard anything.

The trip home was uneventful and I am glad to be here (albeit short lived as TR is going to come down and get me at some point today. I've already unpacked so I need to do laundry and the master bathroom is in dire requirement of cleaning, so those are my two big missions of the day. Not very exciting, ha ha. There are a few more gifts I want to order today, but I can do that from TR's; no need to spend my limited time here doing that.

It's currently 7:45 and my goal is to be vertical by 8:00, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that sounds like a great deal on the vests.
Your last project was done quickly; hopefully you get some images soon.
It sounds like you are wrapping up your shopping. i need to get my employees their gift cards, buy a friend something for a house warming gift and pick up a gift for the family white elephant exchange. I am getting a pack of assorted sized batteries and put a sticky note on it - gift not included. Ha!
Last night I decided we needed a new bedroom set. This darned new mattress has become expensive! The furniture we have in our bedroom (other than our bed which was new) was a hand me down from the in laws and pretty poorly made. We have 2 furniture stores in town; one is has cheap and crappy furniture; the other one sells only American made furniture and anything wood is Amish furniture. We ordered a 5 piece set and I am sure we will never have to replace it. Everything is solid wood and very well made. It should take 8-12 weeks to get here. I told Marty i've been expensive this year; that's right up there is replacing our windows. I put 20% down on it today. it should give me back 4 to 5 inches on the top of the bed. Marty bought a metal bed frame and put down 2 pieces of plywood on it so we can use that until the new furniture comes it. Now it's too short. Ha Ha. I hope it's not noisy or moves too much. I guess we will see in a few hours. Our guest rooms might get a lot of use for a few months. We put our bed in the garage and hope we can sell it on the local garage sale FB page.
We have a Christmas parade going on right now; i am watching it on FB. Ha! it's way warmer at home.
Take care.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Dee*jay- your trip out west sounds like a lot of fun! Several of my single coworkers recently flew to Las Vegas, then took several days traveling around to see the sights then back to Vegas for a little fun. I’m jealous of your Christmas shopping gusto! I have bought only a few things for my nieces and Matt who put items in my Etsy and Amazon carts. I am lousy at picking things out.

Marcy-I usually do gift cards for my employees too, and take them out for lunch at whichever restaurant wins the popular vote. Last year I bought a bunch of different gift cards and we did one of those things where you can pick from the pile or steal from someone else who has already picked. I wish I could think of something other than gift cards, but Im just not good at this Christmas gift thing. I feel for you short girls and tall beds. I’m tall and my bed is tall, and I always feel like I’m hopping down to get out and jumping up to get back in!

The last few weeks have been crazy busy at work, and it’s going to be this way until mid-January. My arthritis flare up has calmed down, but left behind tendonitis in my right elbow. I am so pathetically right handed, my left hand is pretty much good for nothing. I’ve been trying to use it more since my right arm is kind of out of commission right now, and that’s been a challenge. We will be scaling WAY back with the Christmas decorating this year! I went car shopping today, and intended it to just be a fact finding mission but came home with a new 2019 BMW X3 M40i, and I LOVE it! It was dark when we got home and I only have pictures of it on the dealer lot in the rain, so hopefully it will be a nice day tomorrow and I can take a few pics. Im so excited!!! Oh, and I’ve lost 10 pounds since I last posted. YAY! Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
64F278BD-5359-4475-B5D4-FB1BEECCF8D7.jpeg 574EE4D4-53E0-4EE0-98E2-A2B4E3DFA925.jpeg I just can’t capture how pretty & bright the blue is!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I love the battery "gift not included" idea -- I'm going to use that some day!

Deegee ... :love: :appl:LOVE IT! A new car is just da bomb, is it not?!

Yesterday we took the kids to lunch at the Rainforest Cafe. I was worried it was going to be too cheesy for them, but they had a good time! Then we drove back toward TR's and I picked up my car with the remote start installed. I can tell already I'm going to love this! I shopped my way home, and did a little more on-line buying last night and today so I'm getting pretty close to done. I was going to wait and wrap stuff next weekend at TR's but I'm itching to get started so some of it may happen here today. I came home a few hours ago because we're supposed to get some form of Snowmagedden and I didn't want to risk being trapped up in Rockford come morning. I forgot what a quiet day in my own house was like! Having a hot toddy now and contemplating whether I have any food in the house worth eating...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results