shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I’m very jealous of you going to the GTG! The last time Matt had to go to the Houston area, I seriously considered going with him to hang out at Whiteflash all day. I want to see some of those big ole ACA’s in person!

Marcy-beautiful new rings! I bet you have rings in all kinds of pretty colors. Do you get excited every time you open your jewelry box? I don’t have many rings, but I always get a little giddy when I look at them. And when you’re at work having a trying day, do you look at your hand and think “ah, pretty ring”? I find myself doing that it meetings when my mind is wandering!

Rod-your back yard is divine. I’d have a hard time NOT being out there. You mentioned that you make awesome crab cakes. Matt was disappointed in those he ordered at restaurants this vacation. I don’t do seafood, but I know it’s something the rest of the group always looks forward to on vacation, and I’m sorry they were all disappointed this year.

I can’t believe my 2 week vacation is over and I’ve already been back to work for a week. Vacations just don’t last long enough! One of our friends who vacationed with us ended up having to go to the dr and being diagnosed with strep throat while we were there. Bless her heart, she was so sick the first week. Her husband followed her around with a can of Lysol and Clorox wipes. We had fabulous weather, and Matt, Lily and I took lots of long walks on the beach and Matt and I went for bike rides. I much prefer staring my day on the beach than in the office! Last week at work nearly drained all the life back out of me. Have an awesome weekend everyone!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CFD913D1-6E9F-4F06-ACA3-4BACC4DCC00D.jpeg
How spoiled is this dog? She’s been on 11 beach vacations!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! :wavey:

Deegee, wouldn’t that be great to hang out at Whiteflash all day and look at ACA? Thank you for the compliments for my new rings. I do the same thing as you with my rings; I can always look down and get a nice view. They make me smile. I am glad you thoroughly enjoyed your vacation. Lily looks very content hanging out in the shade on the beach. I feel bad for your friend getting so sick though. What a miserable way to spend her vacation. It is always tough going back to work after a vacation.

I spent my evening last night researching handheld vacuums and decided I wanted the new Dyson Cyclone V10 animal cordless vacuum. We had to go to Fort Collins to get it but we picked it up this morning. Marty talked to them about getting a whole house integrated system that does security, security cameras, door bell, doors, thermostat, lights, etc. Who knows if he’ll get it but picked up brochures on it. After Best Buy we headed too our favorite kitchen store and picked up a few things there including divine chocolate covered cherries. We had lunch then headed home. It was a nice outing on a chilly, rainy and foggy day.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy / Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh we like our new vacuum. It really sucks. :lol::lol::lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Sunday.
Marty is my cook today. He made me a Marty McMuffin for breakfast then we went grocery shopping. Marty made us some pasta sauce, meatballs and linguine for lunch. What a nice change from old veggies, beef and potatoes. We tried the recipe making the rounds online for the best pasta sauce ever with only 3 ingredients. It wasn't bad but I wouldn't let Marty add any seasonings this time to try it first by itself. It was quite decent but I told him he could add garlic and oregano for sure next time. It's made of peeled canned tomatoes, butter and an onion that you simmer for 45 minutes. While he was making our lunch I ran some pink carnations out to the cemetery. I was rather surprised it wasn't busier than it was; maybe people wait for memorial day. Now i am working on laundry and trying to figure out how to win the lottery so I can call in sick FOREVER!!!

Have a fabulous day.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, Vera sends a big hello from Houston! :wavey: She's SO lovely -- a truly gentle soul.

Deegee, that pic of Lily under the umbrella is awesome! In my next life I want to come back as your dog. :cheeky:

So the GTG was a BLAST! I met up with Miss Got Rocks and ac117 in the airport. Then we went to the hotel and had dinner with Bright Ice and Yenny and a bunch of other PSers. It was so nice to sit outside and eat since our weather here has been (and continues to be... ) pants (to quote the lovely Lorelei!).

On Friday we went to WF and had two awesome presentations by Jason and Brock from AGS. Those two are amazing; so incredibly knowledgeable and truly nice guys. That night I went to dinner with Miss GR and CEG.

Saturday some serious shopping ensued! I bought nine (yes... nine) pairs of pants, two sweaters, a cool top that I wore to the party that night, and some sunglasses. Needless to say I had to expand the zipper compartment on my suitcase to come home and the bag was so heavy at that point that I checked it, LOL. TR met me at the airport and we had dinner at a nice restaurant in Little Italy on the way home.

It started storming in the night and is continuing to do so off and on. I did take a cook pic today with the low clouds rolling in that I'll post.

I left my eternity band at WF to get a quote to have it remade. It's currently shared prong, and totally gorgeous, but (a) too small, and (b) I never wear it because I'm afraid one good whack and I'll loose a stone. I want it bezel set, super low, which I think will be a more practical every day setting. In a perfect universe I'd love to be able to wear it as an every day ring. I think I'll end up with a couple of stones left over, and I already have one extra, so then I'll be on the hunt for what to do with some .35 pt stones. It never ends... !

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DB8A5328-A89E-46A2-A7D1-301FDEE0C259.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is a cool picture; I though it was fog until I read you said it was clouds rolling in!!! Vera is so nice; I am glad she is sending me a big hello. It sounds like you had a wonderful time at Whiteflash, plus meeting everyone and shopping. Great idea to have your eternity band redone in a bezel set; I'd feel more confident wearing that style (or a channel set) for everyday. I am pretty klutzy. I can't wait too see it.

I sure hated to have my alarm go off this morning. I uttered a few choice words. I was mostly bored at work and didn't do much to change that other than watching about 5 programs I had on the DVR. :lol:

We had some 2" hail in the area today; Nooooooo! Not that already.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, two inch hail... :eek-2: Makes me want to go and find a garage to put Billy Ray in just reading that!

Yesterday was busy, and then I headed up to TR's. I had to stop at the liquor store because I had a closing get moved up from next Friday to tomorrow and needed a bottle of wine. Somehow two whole cases made it into my cart... ? :cheeky: We just did some laundry and TR made me Sloppy Joe's for dinner. Nothing exciting, and it was nice to go to bed early. The commute this morning was, shall we say, less than ideal with the weather. Ugh.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I can see why the mention of hail would inspire you to find a garage for Billy Ray. Some places south of Denver had so much hail yesterday they had to get out snow plows.

You shop for wine like we do; why bother with just getting one bottle? Plus most places here give you 10% off when you buy a case of wine. And wine sounds great right now. Woo hoo to a closing tomorrow.

We had nice weather here today and so far no rain; the thunderheads are building up over Nebraska though. Marty grilled our supper on the grill tonight. I was done with dishes and getting the trash ready to put out for tomorrow by 6:15. Sweet. We are going window shopping tomorrow. I called one place today and he said they'd come caulk it for us; which of course hasn't worked so far so Marty said let's go window shopping. Woo hoo!! I am going to get a nice window now. Which means I'll want to replace the rest of our windows soon.

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

We went out to look at windows today then had them come over to give us an estimate on the picture window in our living room. They said it might take about 4 weeks to get it made and ready to install. If I like it I will probably want more of our windows replaced. I am not a fan of the ones they put in our house.

I came home at 4 pm today to meet with the guy from window company. I’ve got so much done already with just an extra hour. I did a batch of laundry, got some graduation cards ready to send and registered our new vacuum. I made myself a batch of scalloped potatoes for supper to go with a grilled burger. I have 2 servings left for lunch. Woo hoo!

We are in our slow season at work but some days I’d never know it. I started the day today taking care of some last minutes changes for today only to find out this afternoon all of them were cancelled anyway. Then I decided to load up a new file but kept getting an error message so had to get engineering on a conference call to get that fixed. By then it was almost lunch.

Our astronomy club got a really nice certificate and letter from NASA for helping out with last summer's solar eclipse. That was nice of them.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, if I bought wine one bottle at a time I'd be at Binny's every day. Sometimes twice a day! :cheeky: How cool that your guys got a letter from NASA!

Yesterday I was just Ex.Haus.Ted. After my closing I had Big Bros/Big Sis then then I went home and crawled straight on the couch. I woke up about midnight and hauled myself to bed. Of course that means I've been wide awake from the a$$ crack of dawn, but it was good to get some sleep! Today I've got to get a bunch of stuff ready for a consultant that we have coming in on Monday to do some testing. It will be a busy day! Tomorrow I need to clean up my house. It's a disaster with a capital D right now. HOW does that happen? I mean, I'm only one person and I only go home about half the time now... :confused:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, when we go to the liquor store we do stock up. Some things are just more important to keep on hand than others.
Glad to hear you got some sleep; darn that you woke up really early. I hate mornings like that. You do have a busy day tomorrow. Our new cleaning lady is supposedly coming tomorrow so I can send her your way.

I met a friend for lunch today and it was so nice we sat outside. Summer is almost here. Tonight Marty and I went out for supper then spent way too much money at Bed, Bath and Beyond. We needs some more of those gel mats for the kitchen, I picked up a new pillow and I don't recall what other stuff we couldn't live without.

Have a great Friday.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Friday and it's the weekend now day!

We are heading to a club meeting here shortly. It looks like rain, rain, rain. I hope it isn't blowing in towards our leaky window. The cleaning lady came again today. Things look nice overall. I am still skeptical of how quickly she cleans and what she misses. I need to take a day off and "watch" like a nosy old lady. :lol: Marty deleted our entire club's webpage. I am SOOOOOOO glad that was him and not me. Guess what we'll be doing again tomorrow?

Marty was offered a job today. It would be a technical sales position. It's a small company with a base salary plus commission. They are wanting to expand but right now it is a very small company. I haven't heard yet if he would have to move. My stomach has been in knots since he told me. He didn't really apply for it but the offer came from a colleague he's worked with before.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, LOL on Marty deleting the club's webpage! I know what you mean -- every once in a while some man in my life has done something that if I had done it would have resulted in me being in troubbbbbble!

Yesterday I did a whole lotta shopping. No idea what's gotten into me lately, but I've bought a bunch of new clothes. I think I just want to look cute for TR! :cheeky: I also stopped and saw the cow bag lady and ran by the store of my other friend, but just to pick something up because she wasn't there. My neighbor came down and we had some prosecco, and then I went to bed early. Buttttt.... I was awake from 3 to 5, and then again at 6:30. Oh well, that meant I got to see some of the royal wedding. Once I got up for real I washed the sheets and did some cleaning up because someone is come over today to see the house. My feeling is they aren't going to buy it so I didn't go crazy with the cleaning. It looks pretty good though. And after all that I'm heading to TR's. Another busy weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday!

Dee Jay, I agree; if we do something like that we'd never hear the end of it. I spent most of my day kind of working with Marty to get the page built again. He uses Wordpress now in GoDaddy and I'm not familiar with that so I can't say it was a lot of fun. Marty is working on building the member form to submit electronically right now and I think we are done. Ugh! I am glad I had laundry and fixing meals to get me out of that chore for a while. And the f@#$%^&*()ng internet keeps dropping on me. It works perfectly for Marty - but for me? Noooooooooo. :wall:

There's nothing wrong with a whole lot of shopping. Too cute wanting to look good for TR. Sorry you woke up so early but how nice you got to watch some of the royal wedding. I checked out a lot of pictures online. So you are still considering selling your place? Cool. Whatever happens, eh?

Our meeting went well last night and we had a gorgeous, bright double rainbow when we left the meeting.

Marty got me a Snoopy jar on our local garage sale that's pretty cute. I put my star lights in it. It looks cute.
IMG_2717.JPG
Have a great evening.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I recognized some of your rings in the PS GTG pictures. WOW to all that gorgeous bling.

I wish I believed in naps. Marty woke up at 4 am which of course kind of woke me up. He was leaving about 5:30 to head to Denver. Between his shower and getting dressed I was wide awake. i got back to sleep about 7 but didn't sleep long enough. Phooey.

Marty went down to Denver to get in line to buy tickets to a concert at Red Rocks. They did pre-sale tickets the old fashioned way; you could get in line at 8 am and tickets were available to buy starting at 10. It was in the 30's, he didn't take a chair, food or water and was got to the window about 1:30. He has to be to the airport by 5 pm. He said he was glad he got there when he did because a lot of people showed up after he did.

Have a great day.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy rainy Monday kids!

Curby, your lights look great in the Snoopy jar! And I'm glad Marty got his tickets, but that's a whole lotta waiting around... !

On Saturday I had to have Billy Ray jumped because the battery was dead when I went to go up to TR's. Still not sure exactly what happened, but it seems ok now. That night we went up into Wisconsin and spent the night with a friend of his who has a place on a lake. The drive home Sunday morning was rainy and miserable and I got back in back when we arrived home, but I never did fall asleep again so eventually I got up and went on with my day. For dinner TR took me to a Jason's Deli, with the highlight being unlimited soft serve! Let's just say I didn't need that third cone. :lol: We went to bed early because the weather was calling for rain this morning, and it was not wrong. I left about 5:30ish, took Billy Ray to my house and got ready there, and then drove my Lexus to work. I walked in the door here -- soaked from the knees down -- right at 9:00. To quote Lorelei, this weather is PANTS.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I told Marty he has no one to blame but himself if he didn't enjoy waiting around for hours to get a ticket. He loves his concerts.
Oh no that BR had to be jumped; I am glad it's okay now. How fun to spend the night by the lake. Sounds great. Oh no to no sleep and pants weather. We are getting the same here. I was going to stop at the mall on the way home but I was driving in hail so I came home. Darn that you wwere soaked walking in the door at work today.

I had pizza for lunch and supper. Our boss bought pizza for the team for going 2 years without a recorded error (yes we had some but none that were recorded). All i had thawed out to make for supper was a mini pizza so I made 4 mini pizzas and froze 3 of them.

I am in training classes tomorrow and most of Thursday. I hope it won't be boring.

Here is an ominous looking cloud I saw coming home today; I was very glad it wasn't spinning.

Take care.
Curby
IMG_3972.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, that's some cloud! And LOL about pizza twice in one day... that actually doesn't sound so bad to me!

Last night I did a load of laundry and hung out on the couch until TR got there. We went to bed early but he left about an hour later than usual this morning. Rut ro -- I hope his commute wasn't terrible, but going in the other direction I doubt it would be thaaaaat bad.

Waiting on a consultant this morning that we have come in every year to do a certain portion of our compliance testing. I'm eager to get him started so we can cross this item off the list for the year!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that cloud was very flat on the bottom when I first saw it; I was glad it dispersed. I hope TR got to work on time but definitely heading out of the city probably meant less traffic.
I hope you did get one more compliance task crossed off your list.

I spent my day in training class. This one hasn't been too bad. It is over by noon tomorrow.
I went to the mall after work and picked out a gold bracelet to have a small pendant mounted on it as a charm. The pendant was my mom's; I think I'll wear it frequently. Here is what I go with the pendant by it.
I have chicken nuggets while I was there and beat tonight's thunderstorm home.

Take care.
Curby

The bracelet and pendant are yellow gold - bad jewelry store lightning.
IMG_6599.JPG

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, the pendant looks great on the bracelet and I'm sure you'll think of your mom when you wear it!

Last night I went up to TR's. The plan was for me to go with him to see Dead Pool 2 along with one of his friends, but I successfully weaseled out of it and filled my time by reading a book and drinking the better part of a bottle of wine on the couch. It was marvelous! This morning's drive in wasn't tooooo bad (watch--I'm sure I just jinxed myself!). My consultant is here for the second day and he's compiling a list of additional requests right now for me to take down to the finance team. It will be another busy day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, did TR and his friends like Dead Pool 2? We liked the first one. It sounds like you had a nice, relaxing evening reading and enjoying some wine. Good luck with the consultant. I am glad your drive to the city wasn't bad this morning.

I finished my training class about 11:45 today. Sweet. I'm done with class for another 3 months.
So far no rain today. Our grass is sure getting green with all this moisture.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, TR's friend had seen it two times already so that was his third time when they went the other night! TR said it was good but I probably wouldn't get some of the jokes because they were references to other things I also hadn't seen, LOL.

I've had a sore throat sine yesterday, but it's scratchy sore, not horrible sore sore, so I think it's allergies. Ah, the joys of spring!

My earring backs from WF came yesterday... and I shipped them right back. Unfortunately they weren't nearly substantial enough to hold my studs up at all. Oh well, at least we tried. And Vera said the cad for my eternity band remake might be ready tomorrow. I'm dying to see it! Once I get it I'll send it along for your opinion.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, we will probably catch that movie this weekend. I haven't watched many of those Marvel films so I probably won't get the references to them either.
i hope you are feeling better tonight and I hope it is only allergies and your sore throat won't get any worse.
Darn that your earring backs weren't right. I was going to order a replacement back from them for the back I dropped down the drain but I worried it wouldn't fit. I am very anxious to see the cad for your eternity band. It's going to be so beautiful!!

Marty is on his way to Denver right now. It sounds like the week didn't go well for them. The French office keeps really messing up their software so the client is becoming more and more agitated with everything. Marty is going to talk to that other company on the 7th; they are meeting in Denver. That is the week my in-laws are here so I'll be glad to have things to do that week. I plan on scheduling an oil change that week. Ha!!!

A friend of mine brought over a dinner from Olive Garden tonight; we split the dinner and played cards. Naturally we had a glass of wine with supper but stopped at just one glass each.

Have a great Friday. :wavey:
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, good idea to schedule things for the week the outlaws are in town! I feel a haircut, several trips several "work emergencies" and a teeth cleaning coming on for you too... HA!

Last night I did a final walk through with my clients who closed last week (the sellers were renting back from them for 9 days due to the way THEIR purchase worked out). Then I had downloaded a bunch of books from the library and fell asleep reading one on the couch. I woke up about midnight, went to bed, and ended up awake until almost three finishing the book. It had some good twists and turns. Now it's just after six and I'm awake again. Coffee...

So yesterday I went over to the gym and got a new membership card made since I can't find my old one. My plannnnnn is to go to the gym today. Yes -- really! I'm sure there are a million other things that need to happen today, but that is Mission One.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, did you get your cad images? I swear the week my in-laws are here will be LONG so yes I plan on finding a lot of things "to do". I might show up at your door with wine in hand if I get really bored. :lol:
Glad your book was good; I need to start reading again. Darn for a short night though. Marty didn't get home until almost midnight and got up about 3:30 to work with the office in France.
Yay for getting a new membership card the gym.
How was the walk through?

We got out new window installed. It's quite nice. They had it in 3 pieces; Marty said when they took the old window out it wouldn't even hold it's shape. The new window is at least twice as thick. With the low E rated window it should keep our living room a bit cooler. I want all new windows now.

We went out for supper. Marty had the car up to 120 mph. A few times. We went to a steak house about 10 miles north of town; but a quick (literally) jaunt from our house. I had the small prime rib; and I think they brought the large prime rib. I brought most of it home. We split one of their "bear balls" which is a ball of ice cream rolled in crushed Oreo cookies. They put some chocolate and raspberry sauce on it as well.

I got out the Dyson and vacuumed the floor before Marty put the love seat and end table back; I love that little vac.

Have a great weekend. Any fun plans for the holiday weekend?
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, here are my CADs. What do you think? BTW, these stones are .33 to .35 each and the old shared prong ring held 14 of them but with the bezel style they will only use 13. Also, it's being remade from a size 4.5 to a 6.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

I think in real life on my hand it's going to look like this one from 1st Dibs (but not in yellow gold obviously).

sample.jpg

Is there anything you think I should have tweaked before I give the go-ahead?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WF CAD.png

It's not showing up in the last post for some reason so I'm trying again. If it doesn't work this time I'll just forward you the email.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, your band is going to be gorgeous. I think the bezel set bands are very classy looking. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results