shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, good luck with that plan in case you're stopped for not having a front plate. I'm guessing you aren't alone in IL., having a plan for just this scenario. Front plates are dumb. Thank goodness we don't have them in FL. I wouldn't want to drill into my Mercedes front bumper. I think MB gave us a clip on front plate holder though when we got the cars. It's on a shelf somewhere in the garage. Ha!

It's Friday, YAY! Sushi tonight with our Friday night couple and tomorrow night we're having dinner at an amazing restaurant in Tampa, with my brother and SIL to celebrate our wedding anniversaries and Charlie's birthday. :appl:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday morning kids!

Rod, there are some people who have had their plates scanned into some magnetic film and then stuck it to the front of the car. Apparently it works really well and doesn't come off in car washes or anything, but I'm just not interested. There's also another version where they can bend the plate so that it fits indie the little "scoop" at the bottom of the front bumper and then there's an attachment that goes into the top of the scoop so you can't see the holes if you remove it. Yeah... not interested in that either...

Last night I did absolutely nothing and it was marvelous! TR teased me for having such a great and brand new toy right outside my front door and not doing anything with it, but really in rush hour traffic o a Friday in the City it would have been nothing short of frustrating, so why?!

After my inspection today I'm heading up his way. I need to figure some things out, like how to get the volume on my bluetooth turned up because he can hear me but I can't hear him well at all on a call. I'll also have to stop for gas. I *think* I remember how to open the gas cap cover from the last BR, but I better make sure before I pull up to the pump and can't get it open, LOL.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, when you call TR in the car, while you're on the call, simply turn the volume up from the steering wheel volume control. That will fix the volume issue.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought this was pretty funny
30709925_10155298555426891_1099756067249717248_n.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, I chuckled at your comment about Cartier turning you around and pushing you right out of the store. The one time I went in to one I kind of felt that way. I bet coyotes would keep the other small wild life at bay. We had a pack of foxes at work (it is out in the country) and security decided to get rid of them and all of a sudden we started having rabbit problems and they chew through the hoses in people’s cars including my A6.
I am with you on passing on that surgery for your eye. That’s great you have different glasses that help you see better in different lighting and situations. I sure notice I have a horrible time seeing at night and need more light than before. But as you said you do get used to it even thought it’s not great.
How exciting you got your rings on. I hope you are having a wonderful vacation.
That is so scary the reaction to you had to that cough medicine. I hope you are feeling better now.

Dee Jay, we did meet with that cleaning lady and decided to give her a try. I am glad you’ve had luck with yours over the years.
Oh no to walking 4 blocks in the rain and snow; I bet you were soaked.
I love your rolling ring and your diamond bands look great with the black band. I can totally see why you’d be interested in that Cartier band. I really like it.
Your “baby” looks awesome and I totally loved your baby announcement. That was awesome.
They require front license plates here too so the dealer always has to order something in for us since the state we buy our cars in doesn’t require front plates.
I hope you were able to update BRIII online for your sticker. That beats standing in line.
How was the trip to TR’s today? How fast did you get BRIII going? I know you had a big smile on your face when you go there.

Rod, your kitties are so cute.
I am so glad to hear you are feeling better. Hopefully this batch of meds takes care of it completely for you.
How was Sushi last night? Have a wonderful dinner tonight celebrating you and Charlie’s anniversary along with your brother in SIL. I remember the pictures of all 4 of you on the beach on your wedding day. Happy Anniversary to all of you.
Are you having warm weather yet?

Since I last bored you with my blathering about today . . .

Thursday night we went to supper and wandered around the mall for awhile. I found some battery operated star lights with a remote that I am going to put in a crystal vase and probably put on the mantle. That is a weekend project.

Last night we had our astronomy meeting then went out with friends from the club for a late supper.

Today we were heading to Denver but there is already 3” of snow on the ground and it’s still snowing. I don’t think the roads would be bad at all but Marty said he didn’t want to go to Denver in case it was icy. Darn I had my jewelry packed up for cleaning, checking and of course what can I trade in for today? I guess we’ll try next Saturday.

I am still on the fence with the new cleaning lady but we did tell her we’d hire her. She is not a 20 something which our current ladies are and we are finding them so unreliable. This lady knows a lot of the same people we know including she currently works for my dad’s buddy that my called always called his adopted son. She’s worked with the school district for about 15 years on a contract basis and the state cut her program in the last round of budget cuts. She currently cleans for 40 people on top of her other job so she keeps busy. She said our house would take 2 1/2 hours to clean and our current ladies take 4 hours. As Marty pointed out he hears them on the phone a lot and one of them gets done closer to 3 hours. I guess if we find the new lady is missing something I can let her know. She charges a flat rate of $95 no matter how long it takes her. We will see. I also need to let the other girl know we aren’t going to have her clean anymore.

Work slowed down finally on Friday afternoon. We have some stuff to take care of this weekend but not much. My passive aggressive, negative, woe is me employee really ticked me off with a response to an email I sent her asking her to take care of something she missed. She blamed it on a glitchy program but the first word was “Obviously”. She won’t be happy with me this week.

I put a roast in the crock pot for supper tonight since we are staying home. Easy dinner.

Curby Not going shopping today

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I just showed Marty the picture of your new baby and this time I noticed it looks like you were taking up 2 parking places. Good call! :D

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey.......it's been a nice weekend. Sushi Friday night was great as usual, but it was last night's dinner that was simply utterly amazing. I was so impressed, I wrote a review for yelp. Here it is:

• As more new restaurants open in Tampa, we often forget about the ones we loved in favor of trying the latest. With that in mind, we had a special celebration and we decided to dine at Pane Rustica, where we hadn't been in a long time.

To say our dining experience was exceptional, is frankly an understatement. Every single thing we ate exceeded expectation and then some. Pane Rustica is large and yes, loud. But the food. Oh my goodness, the food is simply sublime. It's no wonder Pane is one of the few Zagat rated restaurants in Tampa and deservedly so.

To me bread is important. There, I said it. And many restaurants today don't bring bread to your table. That's a pity. I guess they don't know how to make bread. But Pane Rustica does. The Sour Dough comes perfectly warm, ala out of the oven warm, and the crust is crunchy, while the bread inside is simply perfection. I'm not big on olive oil dipping sauces, but theirs is pretty good, but they were just as happy to bring butter to the table as well.

Next up was a flat bread for the table. We chose the spicy sausage, mushroom, red onion, roasted garlic, red pepper, mozzarella. I can't remember a more perfect flat bread pizza I've had anywhere! It was the one recommended by our server as her favorite and I'm grateful she shared that. The crust was crunchy, and the pizza dough chewy and perfectly cooked. The toppings were the star however, as the sausage was something special and there was plenty on it.

For entree's, three of us (myself included) took our servers recommendation and ordered the Fresh Saffron Pappardelle, Jumbo Shrimp, Lobster, Sea Scallop, spinach, tomato, fennel, tarragon, Sherry butter sauce. Often dishes like this have some good and some not so good aspects to them. Not this dish. No, every single part was perfectly cooked. The sauces amazingly nuanced, the noodles perfectly al dente, and the seafood perfectly sauteed. I mean P E R F E C T L Y sauteed. And the lobster in case you wonder, is Maine Lobster and they included generous chunks of the succulent delicacy. One in our party had the orange lavender seared Scottish Salmon, fregula sarda & farro sauté with artichokes, rapini, sun-dried tomatoes & cured olives, Sherry vinegar reduction. She eats Salmon everywhere we go. And to this dish, she proclaimed it simply the best Salmon she'd been served at any restaurant ever, PERIOD.

Desert was also special. Pane Rustica is not just a restaurant, but it is first and foremost a bakery. We had a blueberry tart that was simply amazing and a slice of their own homemade Carrot cake, also fantastic.

With drinks and everything we enjoyed, the bill arrived and again, I can say Pane Rustica didn't disappoint. I've spent way more in some the "new" places in town, but to be honest, not had as fantastic a dining experience as this. The total bill for 4 was $195 (not including tip). Try replicating this anywhere else. I'm betting you can't.

The bottom line is I'm so glad we went back to one of the real jewels in Tampa. I can guarantee you it won't be long before we go again!
It's supposed to rain this afternoon as a cold front approaches. This may well be our last cold front to make it through our area till next November.

Marcy, sorry about not going to Denver, but better safe than sorry. I can't believe you're still speaking about it snowing out there. Simply amazing to say the least.

We're going to bake a whole chicken today, after watching the Barefoot Contessa this morning.

Have a great Sunday.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Sunday.

Rod, I am delighted to hear your celebration dinner was fabulous. You wrote a great review for them too. I am sure they'll love it. I am sorry the snow keeps coming here too. I am looking forward to some nice rains showers. Baked chicken sounds delicious. Marty ordered his Apple 3 watch this afternoon. I have no idea what triggered it today because he is on his way to LA and it's getting delivered here Wednesday. I don't think my bears can sign for it. :confused:

Not much going on today. Marty went out for breakfast so I brewed up some blueberry muffins to have for breakfast and put the rest in the freezer. We had leftover roast and fresh fruit for lunch and I had popcorn for supper.

Have a great day.
Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I know Marty will really like his Apple Watch 3. Until last night, I hadn't worn any of my nice Swiss Watches since getting my Apple Watch in December. It's a conundrum. I have all these fantastic nice watches and every morning, I walk right past them and put on my Apple Watch. Someone does need to sign for it, unless you fill out one of those forms to approve letting them leave it without signature in person.

I don't know if anyone watches The Kitchen on Food Network? We didn't like it at first, but have gotten into it lately. Yesterday they had a segment with written in questions and one question was can you make real ice cream without an ice cream maker. The answer was surprising and they made some. The recipe seemed really easy, so we bought what we needed and made it yesterday afternoon. We just had some and all I can say is it's simply amazing, so I thought you'd like the recipe.

Ingredients:
  1. 2 Cups Heavy Cream
  2. 1 14 ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk
  3. 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
  4. Whatever fun things you'd want to add to your ice cream.

Directions
  1. Put heavy cream in mixer, blend on high until it's whipped cream
  2. Take one cup of the whipped cream and mix in the sweeten condensed milk and vanilla extract and blend well
  3. Pour that blended liquid into the remaining whipped cream and fold in well
  4. Add your fun things and fold into the mixture
  5. Put in freezer safe container and freeze for a few hours hours
We chose to put in frozen strawberries, but honestly we wouldn't do that again. They were too frozen when I went to scoop the ice cream and made scooping it very difficult. I think a better option would be to take a jam you like and fold in ribbons of the jam and add anything else like chocolate chips or chocolate syrup and once frozen, it would be much easier to scoop. Otherwise, it took like 5 minutes to make and it's real ice cream made of healthy ingredients. Way Cool!

Yuck to a new week starting. I should close a couple deals this week, so that's good, but I'm just not ready to start a new work week.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Rod, I did finally figure out how to turn up the volume (actually TR did) -- you use the same knob as for the radio volume. It was super simple, but I just couldn't figure it out. And your ice cream sounds fabulous!

Curby, Yes, I am parked in the middle of my two spots. The people in my complex are going to be disappointed because I'm so liberal about letting them use my spots, but I'm not taking the chance of any door dings. There's one guy in particular who's going to be b!tchy about it, but he'll just have to suck it up.

On Saturday a friend of TR's with a corvette came over and we followed him on an awesome long drive to a restaurant about an hour away. At one point I was going 105 on a hilly section, which was awesome, but I took a sweeping curve at 80 with gravel and TR was not happy. I don't blame him, but since I have never really driven on gravelly roads before I didn't get that I need to stay more toward the center line (I tend to hug the right line). Oh well, we all lived.

This morning I drove BR home and swapped him for my Lexus because I don't love the parking garage that I use on the days when I come to my office. It took some extra time but everything worked out OK.

My one car related chore today is to get an IPass. I totally forgot about it--thank god TR reminded me--and ended up driving around without one in the car all weekend. Not sure what the process is to take care of the unpaid tolls... but I guess I'll find out!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, Marty wears a watch on both hands so he still wears his nice watches. He gave me his first series Apple watch which I wore for 15 minutes and said maybe your sister wants it - and she did. i have never been a watch person.
We do watch the food network occasionally. Your ice cream recipe sounds pretty easy and of course quite delicious. I stopped at Dairy Queen for supper tonight and had a dish of soft serve.
I've noticed that too that some additions to ice cream make it very hard to scoop. Those little pieces become very solid. I like cherries and chocolate in ice cream. We put strawberries on ice cream and on Klondike bars. Good combo.

Dee Jay New Car, how did BRIII do on your way to TR's and back? I don't blame you for being careful about door dings. If that guy cries and whines to you about taking up 2 parking places tell him to quit acting like Marcy's employees. That will confuse him for sure. Your drive to dinner sounds really fun. Yes, gravel definitely can make your car slide - if you go really fast on them though you don't notice the bumps so much. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Ha! Before we got plates on the Macan we were on the toll roads in Colorado a few times. About 4 to 6 month's later our bills showed up; the temp sticker had the dealer who of course was contacted about who bought this car and voila they found us. Phooey.

We are having our first thunderstorm this afternoon. I saw lightning and it's raining pretty good right now. Woo hoo!

I dug out one of my crystal bowls to put my string of star lights in; it looks pretty nice. I might go get some colored glass marbles to fill the bowl.

My biggest whiner called in sick today which was good because I handed out some new task sheets I want filled out and here is what you should be doing this year. I also emphasized punctuality, negativity and clearly said to knock off the power and ego battles in here. The whiner will get her own personal meeting with me tomorrow.

Have a great evening.
Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm not likely EVER going to be a two watch guy. So, whatever watch gets strapped on in the morning is THE watch for the day. I hope the Thunderstorm is a prelude to spring actually springing in WY!

DeeJay, I don't blame you for taking your two spaces. They are, after all, your spaces. I'm still marveling at how much time you spend driving back and forth to TR's place. I'm sure the toll people will find you. Don't they have toll by photo up there? We get our Toll thingies at the grocery store down here. It's so simple to set up an account and have money auto load when you're getting low on funds. I told you the issue with volume on calls was right there in the volume control in your car, not on the phone. I'm glad you got it figured out.

So we're having landscape lighting added to the all the paths and the major landscape area in the back area. I had no idea how utterly incredibly majorly expensive they are. We could take a European vacation for less money than these puppies. And after our landscape guy put them all in and I was like, uh, there aren't enough, so now we're adding another $1,000 of lights. It will be simply beautiful when it's all done. Still, how these little light emitters can cost so much dang money is a mystery.

That's my story for the day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I can't stand to wear bracelets on my right hand (I am right handed) so I was surprised Marty wears a watch on both hands.
The thunderstorm has passed now but I did get to see a rainbow. Spring may be coming. The lights in your back yard sound really cool. Are they the solar ones that light up on their own? I am sure they are pricey.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, the lights are low voltage LED and will never need the bulbs replace and use extremely little electricity. We had solar lights. They don't last long and are pretty much crap (no offense). If you want long lasting landscape lighting you don't need to maintain, the only way to go is low voltage LED. Just be prepared to sell a kidney to afford them.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I'd love to see a pic of your crystal bowl with the lights. My Sister #2 has some big clear glass jugs that she put fairy lights in and they are so cool!

Rod, I stopped on the way home and got my IPass. And there's not doubt in my mind that the toll people will find me, LOL. If there's one thing the state of Illinois needs it's MONEY, and they take every opportunity to get it!

Last night I was so exhausted... It was like someone drugged me! I was sitting at the breakfast bar (on PS of course) waiting for TR to get there and I put my head down on my arms and dozed off. I would have gone over to the couch but I had to move my Lexus so he could put his truck in the spot on the street and I figured it would be an even more rude awakening to have to get off the sofa and not just the breakfast bar. We went to bed at 8:30 -- yes, really! -- and I was OUT. I woke up once in the night and again when TR left at 5:30, but beyond that I slept clear through to 7:30. And I'd still be in bed if I didn't have to do this stupid thing like come to work!

Today I have to put something together that I'm not entirely sure how to do. It should be interesting... I'll be curious to see what I come up with, ha ha.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, i bet your lights will look awesome. LED lights definitely aren't cheap. I see the solar lights around at Christmas but they do break pretty easy.

Dee Jay, your sister's glass jugs with fairy lights sounds pretty cool. I love little lights as decorations. You are right; I am sure IPass will find you. It sounds like you zonked out last night; sometimes those short nights catch up with you. Did you get your project put together today?

We had some snow last night but not enough to notice. The stupid wind was brutal again today. I had several meetings with employees today. One went well and then I had my meeting with my "woe is me the world is against me" employee. I got to the section about negativity, complaining, calling people names and she sets there with her arms crossed and wouldn't say a word. So I asked her do you like people complaining about you or calling you names. She still didn't answer. So I sat there and she finally said no. She then she had the nerve to say I participated in the conversation that triggered my knock it off speech last week. The last thing I gave her was a copy of her email that she started with "Obviously". I highlighted obviously and said I found this rude and snarky and I don't want to get another email like it. Then based on another complaint I had; I add to pull aside the new employee because he chews tobacco and has been well you know in to a cup in the room. Sigh. That was my afternoon. Babysitting at it's finest.

I stopped on the way home to eat supper and had a waffle with strawberries and whip cream on top. Yum.
Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, you're exhausted because you're driving 4 hours a day, working a full day and not getting any rest. My bill will be in the mail. You're welcome. I don't know how Ipass transponders look in IL, but I don't much like having to suction our SunPass directly under the rear view mirror down here. And every now and then, just for fun, they fall off and usually wind up under one of the seats, but you don't notice they fell off and you miss paying a toll and get a bill for twice as much. Rant over.

A waffle for supper sounds like fun Marcy! I don't envy your baby sitting job. The negative employee should likely be replaced and soon. Negative employees take the entire team down. We had a young guy quit last week. All he did was complain and it wasn't until he was gone that we all realized what a drain on all of us he was.

The additional lights were installed today and even though this is costing waaaaaaaaay more than I expected, it's turned out simply fantastic.

Charlie made turkey burgers for dinner tonight. Super yummy and I have one left over to have for lunch at work tomorrow.

Have a nice night all..........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to post the picture of my lights in the crystal bowl.

IMG_2670.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, that stinks your SunPass falls off and your toll fee doubles because you don't have a transponder. The fees in Colorado go up maybe 40%. So far Wyoming doesn't have any toll roads but they keep talking about making part of our interstate heading west a toll road.

I am glad your negative employee quit and everyone is enjoying his absence. Coincidentally someone told me today how different the atmosphere in my team's room was yesterday with that one lady gone. She honestly doesn't see how nasty she can be to people.

I am glad to hear you are very pleased with your lights. It sounds like you won't have to invest any more money in them.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I came home an hour early. Woo hoo! I am going to meet a friend for supper in a little while. The weather is gorgeous out. In the 60's, sunny, hardly any wind. It's like I am in a parallel universe.

Have a fabulous evening.
Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for some nice weather for a change, Marcy!! I loved your pic. We use the little LED strings of lights in bowls and even in our curio cabinet with crystal, which is really pretty.

Today sucked. I've got a candidate who my best client wants to hire and this guy is not from America (I won't say where he is from as I'm not racist), but he's being extremely difficult to work with and now seems to think he's in control. He won't return my calls or do anything I ask him to do. He's pretending to be too sick all of the sudden to talk, but is perfectly capable of texting. He won't answer a question when directly asked. I'm just about over him and to be honest, I expect the company to pull the offer and even though it will cost me, I'll actually take pleasure in telling him his game cost him a great career opportunity.

It's simply sublime down here, so at least the weather is nice.

Here are a couple pics with the led lights:

LED 1.jpg

LED 2.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Thanks, Rod! Your lights look fabulous and of course I enjoyed seeing the cute kitty. Most of my crystal is in the cupboard darn it - because I really like your idea. I think I’ll have Marty get out my crystal vase tomorrow so I can see if I like it better with my star lights than the bowl. I leave 2 of my crystal bowls on the table for fruit. I had a bowl that was exactly like my mom’s (she bought both of them) so I brought her bowl home and enjoy using both of them.
Thank stinks about your candidate being so uncooperative and unresponsive. I wouldn’t blame the company for pulling their offer and it serves the candidate right. Sorry you take a hit for it but I would do the same thing.
That’s great you are having nice weather. It was gorgeous here today too.

The weather stripping on our garage door has been ripped off going up about 4 feet since last fall. When it’s windy (which is most of the time) the door won’t close because it detects something moving down there. Marty tapes it up with duck tape which holds for a while until it rips open again. This morning it was ripped open and the door wouldn’t close so I taped it up in spots and got the door to close and decided I’m calling a repairman to fix this. They are coming tomorrow. Woo hoo! Marty was so busy all day so he never answered me if he could could be here tomorrow morning when they come, so I ended up taking tomorrow off. Marty finally sent me a text when he got to the airport and said “I was going to fix it” to which my smart arse response “well your duck tape is almost gone”. It will be nice to get it fixed.

I am reheating some pizza for supper then my long weekend starts.

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy I laughed out loud at your comment to Marty that he was almost out of duck tape. LOL I'm glad you called a professional.

The candidate went completely dark on me. Even though my client didn't give him a deadline to respond, I did today and never heard from him. So tomorrow I have tell my client they aren't getting a resource they really wanted. And it's a really difficult, almost impossible to find someone who isn't from India and can be hired without visa sponsorship, type of skill. I'm so angry at this guy and there's absolutely nothing I can do. He just wasted my time and my client's time and that's simply mean and wrong.

At least tomorrow is Friday. Yay, I guess............

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Rod, our IPasses don't suction to the windshield, they have two pieces of velcro that self adhere to the windshield and then the mechanism itself velcros to those pieces. So you have to stick velcro on your windshield. Um... no. So I will keep mine in the side pocket of my door and do my best to remember to put it on the windshield when I go through the tolls. I'm sure I will forget at times. It is what it is!

Curby, interesting that someone commented on the atmosphere in the room being nicer without that lady there. Too bad there's probably no graceful way to make that known to her... LOL on the garage door weather stripping and the duct tape! I'm a big fan of the stuff myself -- I consider it a key ingredient in a lot of home repairs. Just call me McGyver!

Yesterday I had to go and day drink with a friend who had to send her 14 year old dog to the great dog run in the sky. Ugh. I took all of his toys and outfits (yes, she used to dress him up) when I left so she wouldn't have to deal with them herself. Unfortunately you can't give fabric things to the local shelters because they are afraid of disease being transmitted (which I do understand, even though it's a shame to throw away perfectly good things). Maybe I will run the toys through the washer (just to get some of Jack's scent off of them, not because I'm afraid of illness) and give them to TR's dogs to play with.

When I got home from that I pretty much took a nap on the couch, and eventually got up and went to bed. So of course at 5:30 this morning I was Wide Awake.

Today TR is supposed to come down and we're planning on going to the spring One Of A Kind Show at the Merchandise Mart. That's where artists and artisans come and sell their wares. I manned a booth with the cow bag lady at the show in December, but we're not doing this sprig show because she thinks cowhide is more a fall/winter items. My friends with the dog from yesterday are also going to walk over with us and go through the show. Hopefully it will be a nice distraction for them.

Looks like we're going to get some rain today. Poor Billy Ray is going to get wet!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I thought my duct tape running out was a valid point; Marty doesn't seem to think it's that funny though. Strange. That is too bad this placement didn't work out for everyone. I continually shake my head at what some people think is an acceptable way to act. Yes, it is Friday. Woo hoo! Are you guys going out for Sushi tonight?

Dee Jay, how is BRIII? Duct tape, zip ties, rubber bands and WD40 - the answer to everything. I am glad you are a regular McGyver. I actually watch that show every Friday night. Marty hates it. Who knows - someday that lady may push my buttons enough I might tell her that. If I had a dollar for every time someone said me to "I like ..., but" I would have at least $100.
That is sad about your friend's dog. That is so hard. It was nice of you to take the toys and clothes with you.
Have fun at the show today.

Colorado's express way pass is a little stick on strip with a chip in it. I was surprised how tiny it is. Their old one was velcro that started to fall off in hot weather.

Marty got to DIA about 9 last night so I thought I'd wait up for him. I used my stalking app about 10:30 to see he was still in the Denver area eating. I decided I couldn't wait that long so went to bed about 11.

This morning I slept in until 7:30. I goofed off and watched a few things on the DVR. The repairman should be here soon (I hope anyway) and then we are going out for lunch. Marty heads back to LA on Monday morning so it will be a short weekend. I have no idea if we are going to Denver tomorrow; it's nice enough to play golf which would appeal to Marty more than taking me jewelry shopping.

My nephew's wife does amazing miniatures in clay so I sent her pictures of the original Killer Rabbit this morning from all angles asking her to make me a miniature Killer Rabbit. I am going to give it to Marty for our anniversary in June. I am very excited to see what she does with it.

Have a fabulous day and a wonderful weekend.
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The garage door looks great. I guess I only needed them to replace the strip on right side but that's what happens when the wife gets tired of waiting for the husband to handle a chore.

Marty has been on the phone most of the day so we didn't get out to lunch until after 1 but it was fun. He will probably be working tonight and maybe tomorrow which of course means Marcy no jewelry shopping this weekend but that just means I'll have more money saved when I do get to Denver. I might run to the mall and see if one of the jewelry stores has a friction back that fits on my ACA stud. I want new jewelry so bad I might buy something there. I could do something like gold hoops (of which I currently have none). That would be fun.

One of my cleaning ladies (the better cleaner) sent me a text asking if I wanted her to clean tomorrow. Marty told me to tell her no that we have plans this weekend. He suggested we not tell them just yet we are doing something different.

It is gorgeous outside today. Woo hoo. Spring has arrived. It's probably not here to stay but at least it's paying us a visit. :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday kids!

Curby, I'm sure the mini Killer Rabbit will be fabulous and I can't wait to see it! Good for you for telling the cleaning lady not to come. Hopefully you'll end up with a better one out of this whole ordeal.

Yesterday TR came down and he and my one friend went over to the show (her husband had too much work stuff to do). It was OK, but not great; the December shows are much better with a lot more vendors. Then we had lunch and another one of my friends joined us, so TR finally got to meet him.

I did really not much of anything last night. TODAY though! I was really thinking I should (GASP!) go to the gym... but I think instead I'm going to get both of my cars washed and then clean the outside of the windows. They are absolutely filthy, and I can't remember doing them last year so maybe I didn't... ? It's quite an ordeal, taking the screens out, scrubbing them in the shower, washing the widows, putting the screens back in... UGH. So I think I will get quite the workout just doing this! Maybe I should just do the windows today and save the cars for tomorrow, LOL. But of course there's also mopping the floor that I could do tomorrow Double UGH!

Alright, I guess it's time to get up then...

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Velcro for your transponders? I guess I won't complain about two little clear suction thingies holding ours in place. They have credit card sized one, but you have to remember to hold it up to the readers as you pass under them, which seems rather a difficult challenge and one to easily forget.

Hey Marcy, how is Marty liking his Apple Watch? I'm glad you got the garage door fixed properly. Yes, last night was sushi night! I never did hear from that a-hole again. I finally had to tell my client and now I'm starting the search all over again for them. I love having my time wasted. NOT

DeeJay, cleaning windows is the worst. I just hope the rains come soon and can help do it for us again. LOL. They're still working on our backyard project. All that is left though is pressure washing the brick pavers and some plant replacement/pruning from the freeze this winter. Oh and we think we want to add more light at the gate entrance to our side yard. More money. YAY

Since we loved that restaurant so much last weekend, Charlie decided this morning that's what he'd like to do for dinner tonight. I was lucky to be able to get a reservation at 5:30. It was either that or 9:30 and we don't like late dinners. Even when we were young, we never liked dining late. I guess it's having been raised in families where dinner was served at 6:00 PM every night and everyone was expected to be home and ready to eat together. We have friends with kids and they never eat on any set schedule and usually not together or from a prepared meal. Everyone, including the kids basically fend for themselves and eat pretty much what they want. I find that very odd, but seems to be more the norm than the exception. Family life today is so vastly different than when we were kids, that's for sure.

It's simply a B E A U T I F U L day today. No clouds, low humidity and they say the high will be 80. Charlie is grumbling because he now wants a convertible. We used to always have one, but haven't had one in a few years. Can a new car be in our futures? I'm guessing yes at some point.

Have a great Saturday!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Saturday.

Dee Jay, I will definitely post a picture when the Killer Rabbit is done. I am hoping things work out well with the new cleaning lady. I’ll see this week.
Darn that the show wasn’t great, did you see anything you liked?
Washing your screens sounds like quite a chore. Can you do them with something like a power cleaner? Of course you don’t want to blast a hole in them either.
Did you get your cars washed? I think I’ll do that this week on my day off.

Rod, Wyoming has talked about making I-80 a toll road in some areas, I shudder to think what they’d come up with in Wyoming for transponders. My luck it would be duct tape. Ha Ha.
I am glad I got the door fixed. I was busy picking up little nails they left on the driveway right behind our cars. At least it’s one thing I won’t have to worry about when Marty is out of town.
Marty hasn’t done a lot with his new watch yet. He hooked it up with Verizon when he was setting it up and likes not needing to remember his phone all the time.
That is pretty poor that candidate wouldn’t even let you know what’s going on; it was a waste of your time.
I hope your dinner tonight was as fabulous again. What did you get?
I agree with you about family dinners and eating at 6. Marty and I don’t even eat together much anymore; I don’t like it much either. Three days a week Marty is lifting until about 8 pm so I eat when I get home and he eats when he’s done.
How exciting to thinking of a new car. You guys certainly live in the right place for a convertible.

I did more work today than yesterday but still didn’t do much. I made it down to meet my dad’s buddies for coffee break this morning. Then I picked up groceries and started on laundry. Marty had a friend come over for strength training - he at least didn’t block my spot in the garage.

I’ve just been watching TV today so I am getting kind of bored. I need to start another book.

Laters,
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm sorry you two don't get to eat together that often. Charlie and I hardly ever eat dinner at different times. We've maintained the 6 PM dinner schedule all 38 years we've been together.

So, dinner tonight, if anything was even better than last weeks dinner. I couldn't help but order the same dish and it came with way more lobster, shrimp and scallop than it did last week. So super yummy.

We came home and it was still light out. Our landscaper had just finished power washing the back pavers, so we decided it was the perfect time to take everything off the terrace (lanai in Florida) and clean it all off. We just got out of the spa under a full moon. I saw a shooting star, but it was an odd shooting star. They usually look like they're falling across the sky. This one streaked across the sky in a horizontal straight line? Marcy, you're an astronomer. Maybe you can splain what I saw?

Charlie took these with his iPhone X tonight. For a cell phone in the dark, I think they came out really well of the landscape all lit up at night.

L 1.jpg

L 2.jpg

L 3.jpg

L 4.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results