carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Curby, I really wasn't looking very hard at the show, so I didn't see anything that even piqued my interest. BUT... I am going to the gem and jewelry show in Rosemont (one of our suburbs) next weekend so I'm sure I'll find a little something there that I can't live without!

Rod, your back yard is PARADISE! When I die and go to heaven I'll be right there beside that palm tree, LOL. And how awesome that the restaurant was even better last night. Sometimes when you go back to a place with high expectations it's a disappointment, so I'm glad that wasn't the case here.

Yesterday I did do all nine windows, including the screens. What a chore! One of the windows had a screen that I've never been able to get out (it was different than the other 8 for some reason) and yesterday I was DETERMINED to do it. Well the only way to get it out was to literally break the frame, but I'm glad I did it because it was a mess in there. I have an extra screen that's been in the laundry room since I moved in, and I used that to replace it. The actual screen part is different and it's a bit ratty, so it needs to be rescreened, but it will serve the purpose for now. Plus, I never open that window becuase it's so far over. In retrospect I should have sprayed with bug spray while I had the screens off. Maybe I'll do that today.

My other big plan for today involves mopping the floor. Such a task... but I am always so happy when it's done! I think I'll do it first thing -- well... first thing ISH! -- and then take a shower when I'm done. I'll head up to TR's this evening after he takes the kids back to their mother's.

I did get the cars washed yesterday, both of the. Billy Ray went to the hand wash place (where I forgot my sunglasses and had to go back later) and the Lexus went to the regular place. It was nice to have two clean cars for a day!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clean cars for a DAY, eh? That's about all one can hope for, right?? We always say clean cars drive better, don't you think?

I hope when you go to the great beyond, there's someplace nicer you can hang out than beside our palm tree, but I'm glad you like how it turned out. We may have a small backyard, but it's really a NICE small yard.

During the cooler months, I don't get crabs on Sunday's. This morning, I got up early, with Charlie and the kitties still asleep to go be first in line for the big crabs. I got there about 8:20 and was so happy to see no one else waiting. 9:00 am and I'm still alone. 9:30 am and I'm still alone. There's no sign saying the hours changed since I was last there, so I waited a little longer and I'm still alone. I do have their personal cell number, so I called them and was just crushed to find out they've decided to be closed on Sunday. Sunday is just the perfect day for me to steam crabs. I'm so disappointed. I think we'll go to Fresh Market and get lump crab and have crab cakes and corn for dinner instead.

It's a beautiful sunny day down here. We'll take a spa sample to the pool store so they can tell us what chemical's we need to add to keep the water perfectly balanced. Then the grocery store and that's about it.

Have a nice day all.

BTW., this is what the backyard looked like when we bought the house. What a change, right? That little Maple tree has grown so much in the nearly two years we've been here. It's now so tall. Everything we have in the backyard has grown faster than we ever imagined. My brother thinks our soil is radiated. LOL

BacK Yard.JPG

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Sunday.

Rod, your yard looks fabulous - and wow what a change in 2 years. I hope your ground isn't radiated. I'd hang out with Dee Jay in your back yard too. Party at Rod and Charlie's house. Woo hoo! I have the iPhone X too and it does take great pictures in the dark.
I don't like us not eating together at all. That is why I try to have us go out once a week so we put our phones down and actually talk to each other. I am glad you and Charlie make a habit of it; I think it's important.
Shooting stars can go any direction; it just depends on what angle the meteoroid was traveling when it intersected our atmosphere. We saw one once that was only a point of light coming towards us and only when it passed us were we sure it was a meteor.
That's great your dinner was better than last time; you are living right my friend. Sweet.
Oh no how disappointing you won't be able to get your giant crabs on Sunday morning anymore. You love to do that.

Dee Jay, cleaning all of your windows and screens must have been a big chore. Good deal you had a replacement screen for the one that refused to cooperate with you. We have an extra window in our garage. It would fit maybe 5 of our windows so you know if we broke a window it wouldn't be on of them. Naturally. Thanks for mentioning bug spray; I need to get Marty on that chore soon.
The gem and jewelry show next weekend should be really fun. I was just thinking I should check when the one is Denver will be this spring.
Your place will be all clean and shiny when you come back from TR's place. The floor is what i am most worried about with our new cleaning lady; currently our wooden floors look brand new (okay except for the few chips and dings I've caused).
I watched a video this morning of a 911 CT3 RS 2018 running the Nuremberg ring in under 7 minutes. Top speed I saw was 286. Wow!

We slept in today. That was nice for a change. I am washing towels and sheets today but other than that I am being totally lazy. I've got potatoes baking in the oven and Marty is going to grill steaks for us in about an hour.

Have a great day.
Marcy / Curby

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had I known I wasn't going to get any crabs, I wouldn't have purposely gotten up so early on a Sunday morning, that's for sure! I'm glad you and Marty get a dinner date night out weekly. We don't allow cell phones to be used in restaurants either. With Apple Watch 3, we don't really need to have our phones with us.

Thanks for the meteor explanation. It was just odd to me, but at least I don't think we're in the midst of an alien invasion. LOL

We had a productive day. We got the spa water tested and given the list of what chemicals to add. Then we went to Loews to get a new pot and some plants for pots in the back. We didn't see anything we liked there, so we went to Home Depot and found just what we wanted. We needed to move a suculent to a larger pot. It was beyond a challenge. The roots had grown so deep, we had to literally dig the thing out. But we got it and all the other planting done, then hosed everything clean and we're sitting on the lanai with a glass of wine just relaxing.

We haven't had dinner yet, so I need to go in get that started. I made the crab cakes and got the corn ready, so it won't take long. I used to fry our crab cakes in butter, but have found that just baking them, with butter on top, then broiling at the very end is just as good and likely far less fattening.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I like easy prep dinners - you plan well. Its nice to make things ahead of time so all you have to do is cook them. I am sure you would have enjoyed sleeping in today if you'd known you couldn't get your large crabs. I guess you can still go buy them occasionally on Saturday, if they sell them on Saturday morning.
I have to keep my phone out all the time because I am on call 24x7 but if it's not work related, I do ignore it at dinner.
I bet a succulent really grows in the heat down there. I need to get our dead flowers pulled from last year. No way am I planting new flowers until about the 5th of June. I'm smarter than that, I've been burned by late freezes too many times.
Enjoy your glass of wine and relaxing on your lanai. Sounds great.

Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just finished dinner. If I don't say so myself, I make better crab cakes than anything you've likely ever had in a restaurant. The corn was so crispy and sweet too. I'm guessing it was just picked before we bought it. For desert, we're having short bread cookies we made from an Ina Garden (we just love the Barefoot Contessa) recipe.

Boo, to staring a new work week. We do have lottery tickets to check. So if'n we won, tomorrow could be something completely different! LOL

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Rod, I am AMAZED by the transformation in your backyard! Truly, you took something mundane and made it absolutely fabulous!

Curby, the car you saw running the Nuremberg is a beast. I love it!

My big accomplishment yesterday was indeed getting the floor mopped. It took until mid-afternoon though; apparently I did a lot of jacking around in the process, ha ha. My other (not quite as big) accomplishment involved figuring out how to get Pandora to play on my car stereo while still also using GPS and being able to receive calls (the music shuts off for calls). The controls for this car are like the bridge of the Starship Enterprise...

This morning's commute was not great, but fortunately I left early knowing that I was going to drop Billy Ray at home. It was a toss up between driving my Lexus over and parking it or walking, but the weather is so gorgeous today -- 60 and perfectly sunny! -- that I walked.

I've got a big thing at work today that has to get done. It should have gotten done last week but the lawyers took a while to get back to me. Then TR is coming doing tonight. I might also throw a load of laundry in... we'll see.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for clean floors DeeJay! I hope your big thing got doen at work today and it went smoothly.

So today started on an odd note. We had a hurricane last summer as you recall. Nothing fell. No big branches down. No loss of electricity. Nothing. So imagine our surprise when our neighbor rang our doorbell at 6 AM this morning to bring us outside to see the end of our driveway, which is what this picture shows:

Downed Tree.jpg

Yep, that's a huge branch that fell from the tree just to the right of our driveway and it blocked the entire street in front of our house. How it managed to NOT take down a power line is a mystery. But had it fallen when someone was walking or driving by, it could have easily killed them. So I count our blessings there. We called the city and they sent out a crew to take it away. They even blew the debris out of our driveway.

I managed to get out through our neighbors driveway, so I wasn't late for work. I wish I had just used the downed tree as a reason I needed to stay home. Nothing great happened at work today either.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Rod, I am glad you make wonderful crab cakes and good corn sounds delicious. Did you the lottery? I need to pick up a ticket. I have $7 coming back too; woo hoo. What shall I do with my winnings? Yes, it is the start of another work week. I have the next 2 days off though so I am excited about that.
Holy cow to the that tree limb falling! I am so glad nobody or a car was hurt when it happened. That would have been awful! That's great the city came by and got it so soon and cleaned up the debris too.

Dee Jay, that car is a beast all right! Yay for getting the floor mopped; that is an accomplishment. I am sure you'll figure out all the controls in BRIII. If I don't use something for a while I usually forgot how to use it. It sounds like a great day to walk. It was in the 50's here today with some rain and thunderstorms moving in for a few days. I hope you got your big project done at work today.

Marty left for the airport at about 4 this morning so I didn't really get much sleep. Knowing I was taking the next 2 days off made for a long day. I was anxious to get out of there today.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Rod, WOAH! That's crazy! How fortunate that no one was hurt and no damage was done to cars or anything else. As for the city taking care of it -- your municipality is much more efficient than mine, LOL.

Curby, I think we'll get your rain starting tomorrow. Today though is AMAZING. It was 70s and sunny when I walked to work. It was verrrry tempting to just keep on going, ha ha. And poor Marty; those 4 am trips to the airport are no fun.

Last night TR came down and we went to a local place and sat outside for dinner. It was SO nice, and really the first time we've been able to do that this year. He also changed the filter on my HVAC system, so now I have no excuse for not dusting the book shelves... UGH.

Tonight I'll walk home, grab Billy Ray, and head north. It should be a nice drive!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, our rain showed up enjoy. I hope you had one more day of gorgeous weather. Dining outside does sound really nice. That was very nice of TR to change your filter. I need to add that to Marty's to do list - along with bug spray. Duct tape doesn't work for either of those chores. Ha! Ugh to dusting your bookcase. Be careful on the ladder.

I rarely have too merge in to 70 - 80 mph traffic in Wyoming but I sure enjoyed using the sport mode in my car in Denver today. No problem at all.

I got a positive report card at the eye Doctor and I won't be going back until August unless I have problems. Woo hoo!. After the eye doctor I headed to Denver. I was in that jewelry store darned near 4 hours. OMG!!! They are so stinking slow but I did make out well. The way they operate is each sales person waits on multiple people so they pull out up to 3 things for you to look at then wander off to help someone else and you wait until they return. Since I have about 20 pieces for them to clean and check that takes a while to begin with. First, I wanted to look at loose sapphires which are in the safe so they have to go through and open all the packages looking for what I want and bring out maybe 4 of those at a time. Then you keep eliminating things and decide if you want to see more options. Initially, I was going to upgrade to slightly larger pink oval sapphire and trade in my WG ring in for a platinum ring but then he brought out a stunning RB lavender sapphires and I decided I wanted it instead. I had a RG ring with a radiant cut lavender sapphire to trade in towards that. It took me almost an hour to find and narrow the setting down to 2 rings and sent Marty pictures of both. Marty liked the thicker band so I got that one. So I was going to get the lavendar sapphire, a RG ring and still get the platinum ring but move my existing sapphire. Then I decided if I traded in the diamonds in my dangle earrings I could get both stones and both rings. Ha! I should get the rings on Friday plus since they are shipping it out of state I didn't have to pay sales tax.

I drove home in some very heavy rain and the roads had standing water on them. My sure footed Macan didn't have any trouble though. I made cookies when I got home and made myself a burger, veggies and oven fries for supper.

Take care.
Curby
This is the lavender sapphire with RG band
IMG_7691.JPG

The larger sapphire near my hand is the new sapphire and new ring
IMG_1589.JPG

A bad shot but here are the 2 loose sapphires
IMG_4654.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Marcy, the ring and stones are really beautiful. I'm glad the Macon was so sure footed in heavy rain. How long is Marty going to have to do the 4 AM Airport run?

Yay for nice enough weather to eat outside DeeJay. I still marvel at your trips north. At some point, I'm betting you and TR are going to have to figure out to live closer. Long drives, no matter how nice or in what car, grow old after a while.

Really not much to say about the week so far. Work, blah blah. Lunch at my desk, blah blah. More work, blah blah. Come home and have a nice dinner with Charlie. Watch some TV, play around on my laptop. Go to bed. Rinse and repeat.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curby, your new sparkles are gorgeous!

Rod, TR has to stay in this school district until both of his kids are out of high school... fourteen more years... UGH. And I am a City Girl!

I am, as I type, sitting on TR's back deck with a glass of wine listening to the crickets and waiting for him to come home. He's coaching his younger son's baseball team this season. Once he gets here, there is a promise that I will be FED!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops -- make that ten more years, not fourteen!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope the two of you make it that long and then some.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Rod and Dee Jay. I am anxious to get my finished rings on Friday.

Rod, Marty has been going to LA every other week since early last fall. Since projects are few and far between I hope he continues going for quite some time. He usually goes on Sunday night but that is going to cut in to his Sunday golf games. Of course getting up that early makes for a very long Monday. LOL to rinse and repeat; that is pretty much the story of my life too. I like routine though.

Dee Jay, darn that TR has to stay where he is until the kids graduate from HS but I understand why he wants to do that. Drinking wine on the patio sounds like a nice way to relax and wait for TR to come home and fix dinner.

Speaking of dinner I am starved. I had a Marcy McMuffin for BF and supper at about 4. That's all I ate today so now I'm hungry. Phooey.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I had no sooner hit the send button and he pulled into the driveway. Dinner was soon served!

Rod, LOL, ten years is a long time to put up with me... well see!

This morning's ride in was BRUTAL. The GPS got me off the highway and took me through a BAAAAD neighborhood. I may have saved a few minutes, but I took my life in my hands to do it! At least I was driving my Lexus and not my 911.

I've got a busy next few days... Today I've got Big Bros / Big Sisters then dinner with my best friend. Tomorrow I'm having lunch with someone and then taking a client out to see a bunch of things, Friday I'm going to the gem and jewelry show, getting my hair cut, and going to a fashion show event with the cow bag lady, Saturday I'm either going mushroom hunting or taking a client out (yet to be determined), and who knows what Sunday will bring. I'm exhausted just writing all that out!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Wednesday!

Dee Jay, that is service with a smile getting dinner right after TR gets home. I chuckled at you saying ten years is a long time to put up with me; Marty and I frequently discuss the very same thing about each other. He always tells me that's my problem that I put up with him. That is scary your GPS got you in a bad neighborhood. I am thinking of that scene in Vacation. I am glad you didn't have any problems and definitely glad you had your Lexus instead of BRIII. You do have a lot to do over the next few days but most of it sounds really fun. I hope you get time in there to nap. And definitely do tell about what you found at the gem and jewelry show.

It is still raining. The mountains are expecting up to 16" of snow tonight. I knew spring was only here visiting.

I went out for breakfast then picked up my supply stash of paper products at Sams Club. I love shopping during their "business" member hours there is hardly anyone in the store.

Ha Ha. Here is the text I sent Marty this morning. “So in spite of the ugly rumors you, the rabbits and bears spread about me - I’ve walked in the rain 3 times this morning and stood in the rain loading the back of my car and I did not - I repeat - I did not melt.”

The new cleaning lady comes at 1 pm today. She even sent me a text last night confirming. That is promising.

Have a great day!
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby LOL on not melting. If you had been out in the rain we had last night here you might have melted--or worse! It was crazy! I woke up about 10 pm and didn't really sleep well the rest of the night with the torrential downpour off and on. Every time it rains like this all I can think about is when my house flooded...

So yesterday I bought some jeans and Nordstrom that I'm currently lying in bed trying out. I'm muddling through the sizing, and since these cost "real money" (not just the $24.99 specials that I usually get at Old Navy) I'm trying to get it right, LOL.

I just looked out and Billy Ray is all forlorn and wet in my parking lot. Poor baby! I do plan on driving him to lunch and I hope that I can just give the valet $20 and he'll leave it right out front rather than taking him off to parts unknown...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, we were getting those torrential downpours here too. Crazy spring storms. Does it get really chilly there when it rains? I can totally understand why you'd worry about your place flooding. Our big window in the living room was leaking again. Marty said we need to have them remove it and do proper flashing (whatever that means). I actually hate our windows so I wonder what it would cost to replace it, why not if they have to remove it to fix our stupid leak? They were rated E something and supposed to be good for our climate but they suck. We also picked slider windows which wasn't a bright idea since I quickly decided I don't like them.

What did you decide on your Nordstrom's jeans? I would have to really love a pair of jeans to pay what I can only imagine they charge for jeans. I'm cheap about some things; others not so much.

Poor Billy Ray looking all forlorn and wet in the parking lot. He was saying "how can you do this to me?" I'd worry about a valet taking BR out for a "quick" spin. We haven't gone anywhere since we got the Macan with valet parking. Good call.

It was not fun going back to work. My team had a very visible issue yesterday afternoon so my first hour was spent in my boss's office. Then I had to get the story from the 2 people involved, then I had to submit something saying how this will never happen again. What's worse this truly is on my boss because he expects us to make last minute changes that are technically not allowed so my team hasn't been taught what to do with them. What a mess. To make it worse my boss's boss thought the system wasn't working right and called in all sorts of departments to trouble shoot the issue when there was nothing wrong; it was just that my team didn't make the change based on our procedures. Joy!

Then I heard some complaints about my nasty negative PA employee that would have been written up if I'd heard her do that; but of course it's hearsay. Sigh. Another unpleasant conversation coming soon to a conference room near me.

I did get a new teddy bear delivered to me today. A lady at corporate sent him to me for helping her out. That was a nice surprise.

I haven't got a phone call from the jewelry store with my tracking number yet. I hope I get my new rings tomorrow.

And Marty is coming home tomorrow.
Curby

in-the-air

Rough_Rock
Premium
What's going on today guys

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Yeah it's Friday! Marty got home today plus he picked up my rings for me. I called the store this morning and they hadn't shipped them yet so I gave them Marty's info and he stopped by on his way home from the airport. They are sparkly. The RG ring is way too blingy for me; it's pretty but not my usual style. I really like the platinum ring with the pink sapphire.

Not much going on this weekend but at least it's going to be nice.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby / Marcy
IMG_4513.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Happy Saturday.

I got some pictures taken of my new rings. The lavender is like blue sapphires and rhodolite garnets; hard to photograph. The pink sapphire has the typical bow tie of an oval but seems to look worse in pictures than in person. Oh well I had fun taking pictures.

Marty met with a client this morning at the gym. Woo hoo!

Have a fabulous day.
Curby
PinkLav.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! The weekend goes by way too quickly. Marty is playing golf today and we are going to meet somewhere for a late lunch when he's done. I went grocery shopping and bought a donut for breakfast. I'm hungry already. Phooey. Guess I'm make toast or something.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids! Like I tell Marty when he's busy - quit ignoring me. :lol:

It's another gorgeous spring day in Wyoming. I notice my spring allergies are starting to pick up; this is kind of late for the trees to start blooming here but I can tell they are on the way.

I had supper with a friend of mine tonight. Her DH is out of town and she doesn't do well when he's gone. She baked a pizza for us and we played cribbage until she had to take her son to boxing practice. It was fun.

I hope your are having a great day.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, you made me LOL! All I could think of was Glenn Close in Fatal Attraction saying she will not be ignored. Don't go putting any of those Killer Rabbit's in a pot!

I have been a shopping field this past week or so! At lunch today I ran over to DSW to get new work pumps... and came back instead with four pair of keds. WTF. But they are super cute, ha ha.

Today I started a big project that began with the downloading of a 14,000+ line spreadsheet. Ugh. Forget shopping, I damn near needed a DRINK when I saw that thing!

Tonight I'm going up to TR's and then I won't see him until Sunday night because I'm headed to Houston for the PS GTG. You ARE going to be there, right?! :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, LOL! I should get out my stock pot and fill it with rabbits. It might be smart to wait until Marty in LA. How fun to get some cute Keds. Are they the cool ones in different colors? That is a huge spreadsheet; hopefully it didn't have embedded links on top of all that data. I can see why you'd need a drink after that. Have fun at TR's and I really, really wish I was going to the PS GTG. Please tell Vera and Brittany hi for me. I plan on visiting there sometime soon. Please get lots of pictures, I know you'll have a blast!

Not much exciting going on here today. One of our providers visited today and treated us to pizza for lunch. They brought swag to hand out so I got 2 pairs of sunglasses for some of my work teddy bears. It is summer after all. Someone walking by my desk today called me a bearaholic.

Marty grilled steaks for us tonight; I had some tomatoes with it but wasn't hungry after pizza at lunch.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

I got the Keds in 4 different patterns, two greys, one tan and one blue. Between those and a couple of pair of Skeechers I got at Costco a few weeks ago I am now well stocked for summer knockabout shoes!

Last night I went up to TR's. He went mushroom hunting yesterday and found about a dozen so when he got back from his boy's baseball practice he made them for us. Delicious! This morning there was a huge thunderstorm and it was another three hour commute in. Part of that was my fault because I left about half an hour late, but it was pretty grim...

Tonight I have to do a bunch of laundry, paint my nails, and pack for the trip to Houston tomorrow. Whiteflash here I come!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, you are well stocked for summer casual shoes. Sweet.
Do giant mushrooms grow by TR's place or normal sized?
Oh no that you had a huge thunderstorm to deal with this morning. Glad you made it back safely. We have a chance for severe thunderstorms tomorrow.
Thanks for mentioning laundry; I was going to do a batch tonight myself. I am so excited for you to be going to WF for the GTG. :appl:

I had a generally quiet day at work. My boss was out sick, we weren't too busy, my employee who needs the most babysitting stayed home sick at lunchtime and I spent about 90 minutes reading a book for my upcoming manager's training class.

I had a toasted English muffin and hamburger for supper. Marty is lifting so I have no idea what he'll eat when he's done. Then I can finish the dishes.

Have a great evening.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!
Not much new here just saying hi. Tomorrow is Friday already. Sweet. :wavey:
Curby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results